IGNORED

George Santos—Is That Really His Name?

GreyhoundFan

Now he wants to be an ambassador…

image.thumb.png.d1044feadf08c24227bf1f7061848ce7.png

• Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 6

"George Santos" expects tp be expelled from Congress

Rep. George Santos said he expects to be expelled from Congress following a scathing report by the House Ethics Committee that found substantial evidence of lawbreaking by the New York Republican.

In a defiant speech Friday sprinkled with taunts and obscenities aimed at his congressional colleagues, Santos insisted he was “not going anywhere.” But he acknowledged that his time as a member of Congress, at least, may soon be coming to an end.

“I know I’m going to get expelled when this expulsion resolution goes to the floor,” he said Friday night during a conversation on X Spaces. “I’ve done the math over and over, and it doesn’t look really good.”

The comments came one week after the Republican chairman of the House Ethics Committee, Michael Guest, introduced a resolution to expel Santos once the body returns from Thanksgiving break.

Once again George, my response to his whining is as follows ...

MyFieldOfBleeps.png.12198c2f9d305d93de208dd07871c948.png

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 5

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Now he wants to be an ambassador…

image.thumb.png.d1044feadf08c24227bf1f7061848ce7.png

George, you want to be an ambassador? Have you heard of Plexus which is a miraculous pink drink? Just ask Jill Rodrigues about it. She would love to have you as an ambassador for Plexus in her downline.

Wait, you actually mean going to another country? Fuggadaboutit.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

He's finally been expelled!!! :dancing-demon:

104 Republicans voted to oust him

image.png.9fd5e6332b6a23757a5a542d253119bc.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

Special election, here we come! Now my area needs to get their shit together and elect someone capable. Or, at the very least, not so damn embarrassing. Low bar, but really. 🙄 

I still have no flipping clue how all of this was not exposed during the election in the first place. Our local democratic committee may have its issues, but they’re not brain dead. Part of it was, I think, that I’m  not sure Zimmerman really wanted to win so half assed the run, but I really hope the committee and the possible candidates have learned their lesson and play to win this time. Please? 

• Upvote 7

Did we already know about this?  So much corruption it’s hard to keep track.  Per CNN, Max Miller (R-Ohio) had some strong words about Santos and Republican leadership:

Rep. Max Miller, a GOP freshman from Ohio, accused Rep. George Santos of stealing money from him and his mother, and attacked Speaker Mike Johnson for opposing Santos’ expulsion. 

“I think leadership — this is just another example of Republicans who can't lead. And that's a really shameful. You know, the speaker and everyone in leadership knows that this man is a crook,” Miller said. 

He accused Santos of using his and his mother’s credit card information to steal $5,000 from each of them, and marking them as an over donation.

“In January, I got an FEC Complaint because of an over donation to George Santos, and I'll explain why. I’m Jewish, my family's Jewish and they were donors and they like to give money to people who are Jewish, who are Republicans, because that's who we are,” he said. 

“And Mr. Santos took, not only my credit card personally, he took my mother's credit card personally and he swiped them both for an additional $5,000, marking it as an over donation. And I have it by the FEC, and I have the document in my office. And what I can tell you is within that document — I won't disclose any other names — but he defrauded over 350 people for hundreds of 1000s of dollars under undisclosed amounts, and I had to hire an attorney to fight it by the FEC that I think cost me 15 or $20,000. Altogether, this man has cost my family $30,000.” 

Santos’ office did not respond to a CNN request for comment on the allegation and CNN has reached out to Johnson’s office for comment.

• WTF 6
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

Mr. Santos took, not only my credit card personally, he took my mother's credit card personally and he swiped them both for an additional $5,000, marking it as an over donation. And I have it by the FEC, and I have the document in my office. And what I can tell you is within that document — I won't disclose any other names — but he defrauded over 350 people for hundreds of 1000s of dollars under undisclosed amounts, and I had to hire an attorney to fight it by the FEC that I think cost me 15 or $20,000. Altogether, this man has cost my family $30,000.” 

Inexcusable. And our holier-than-thou Speaker Johnson opposed kicking Santos out.

• Upvote 6

Dana Milbank (Washington Post) wrote one of the best sentences ever:

Santos showed just how far one could go with a lie, right down to the knee injuries he didn’t sustain while not playing volleyball on a scholarship he did not receive for the college he did not attend.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

He's finally been expelled!!! :dancing-demon:

104 Republicans voted to oust him

image.png.9fd5e6332b6a23757a5a542d253119bc.png

Did the expulsion go like this?

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Kind of surprised Congressional offices are using traditional locks and keys instead of key fobs, cards, or phones (like my work building does).  Electronic locks are faster to deactivate but can also keep track of comings and goings of people, which is why my condo association put them in throughout the building.

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

And it's already been repurposed....

https://x.com/shipenewbery/status/1730718362005602627

• Upvote 4

He'll just show up and say he's the newly elected representative -- George S... uh... Glass.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.  It's George Glass and he was supposed to play baseball with the Yankees but then he got offered a full scholarship to Harvard since he's a world class volleyball player and figure skater.  Unfortunately, the money for the admissions fees was tied up by his father, the King of Nigeria, so he just needs a small loan...

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

On 12/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

LOL

Okay - that just made my Monday. Dude may have found his calling.

And I'm getting minor flashbacks to my jury duty service last winter where a fellow juror (older woman) asked what a furry was. All the kudos to another woman who thoroughly, sensitively, and factually described the whole deal while I sat in a corner trying not to explode in giggles like a 12 year old boy... 

• Haha 6

20 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

And I'm getting minor flashbacks to my jury duty service last winter where a fellow juror (older woman) asked what a furry was. All the kudos to another woman who thoroughly, sensitively, and factually described the whole deal while I sat in a corner trying not to explode in giggles like a 12 year old boy... 

I may be missing something here.  In my family, we called our ferrets our furries.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1