IGNORED

George Santos—Is That Really His Name?

GreyhoundFan

More and more revelations are coming out about this guy who was surprisingly elected to the house. Now it appears he was a drag queen in Brazil, an interesting career choice, considering how the Rs hate drag queens almost as much as they hate Hillary and Obama. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

The sheer number of fabrications just amazes me.  On a couple of occasions, my husband and I say things like, is that true, or are you George Santos-ing me?  Hope he’s out of our daily conversation soon, but it is horribly fascinating (and frightening) how he slipped into national politics without a background check.  I’ll be interested in discovering where his financing came from. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More and more revelations are coming out about this guy who was surprisingly elected to the house. Now it appears he was a drag queen in Brazil, an interesting career choice, considering how the Rs hate drag queens almost as much as they hate Hillary and Obama.

They'll compromise.  It's not as though they have souls left to sell.

I can barely stand looking at Santos (or whatever his name is).  Aside from his misdeeds, he brings to mind a pairing between Humpty Dumpty and Chucky.  I hope someone can figure out a way to get him out of the House soon.

• Upvote 8

More about the drag queen:

• Thank You 8

His performing name, I've read, was Kitara Ravashe.

Kitara is Portuguese for guitar. I couldn't find a translation for the last name, but revache means revenge.

• Upvote 5

This guy disgusts me for serious reasons, but I have to say, he also pisses me off because I have a lot of trouble remembering names. So someone who has been Anthony Devolder, Anthony Zabrovsky, George Santos and Kitara Ravache (did I miss any?) makes me mad - too many names to remember for one soggy douchebag.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 9

"George," backed by the Fred Demara Memorial Choir, sings:

No need for truth, when you run for office,
I got in, despite my lies!
Millions of voters may suffer,
Just because I’m such a bluffer.

Am I George? Anthony? Kitara?
None of those – here’s a surprise!
Yeah, to hell with truth,
Next I’ll be John Wilkes Booth! *
I got in, despite my lies!

Am I alone, am I lost, in Congress?
Am I shamed and ostracized?
Nope! MTG loves me dearly,
Really, folks! She’s said it, clearly!

I love her, yes I do, I love her!
We have fun, I tell you, guys,
As we walk the halls,
Bouncing poor Kevin’s balls,
We got in, despite our lies!

* Bones fans may substitute Seely Booth, pop psychologists might like Dr. Ruth in there, Arrested Development watchers have a choice of Michael or Buster Bluth, jazz age buffs - Flaming Youth. Oh, and if you have a lisp, Claire Booth Luce works, too.

Spoiler

Despite the many versions of this song, I couldn't find one that just went through the whole tune twice. But, if you don't know it, this is cued up to one rep with the original lyrics.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I've been twisting my head around a bit trying to anagram Santos' name into something meaningful, like in the "Rosemary's Baby" and "Harry Potter" stories, since I find him creepy (among other things).

So far, I've been able to turn George Anthony Devolder Santos into, w/commas added:

strange, drove solo, death, ny gone

• Haha 8

As long as Santos is a useful tool for vote counts, they won't get rid of him and his committee assignments are evidence of this.  

He's a walking breathing scandal but more of a footnote to the Republican crazy. 

MGT, Gym Jordan, Lauren Boebert, Gaetz et al., are the scary ones who can do real damage.  I'm honestly not sure EXACTLY what they want to accomplish, other than being chaos agents.  My concern is what is being engineered behind the scenes while they (and Santos) are busy stealing headlines. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

I guess Brazilian drag queens don’t learn the difference between you’re and your:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

No way this man wasn't a Drag Queen or at least isn't a fan of RPDR. 🤣

Spoiler

327031187_467462052254177_482490500039920692_n.thumb.jpg.7193aa8e7325722496267b1cb1a775ef.jpg

326274747_1615777492179809_1020657166624853535_n.thumb.jpg.9fdca64a196ad1b0e2ded44b43492335.jpg

No straight guy could throw SHADE like that. Not only can he read someone pretty well, he knows all the RPDR lore. Stop denying it George.

• Upvote 5

On 1/22/2023 at 10:36 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

I guess Brazilian drag queens don’t learn the difference between you’re and your

Or he's getting all Biblical and renaming other people now: "You're Job, and I'll be . . . ooooh, how about Jonah!"

• Haha 4

Why am I not surprised?

• Thank You 6

I should probably check the betting web sites for the over/under on Santos getting kicked out of the House.  He won't quit willingly; he's got a fat pay check and benefits.  Nobody is speaking up for him; he's a total liability for Republicans except when his staggering malfeasance is a useful distraction from Republican general malfeasance and as a needed vote. 

I give him 6 weeks, but ya never know.  He could be recalled by constituents, he could be given the boot by the House.  One thing to keep in mind -- he was allowed to be in a classified briefing session, which should never have happened.  That he will sell that information to the highest bidder is certain.  It's not just that he's a pathological liar, he has no moral compass, no appropriate boundaries, nothing. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

I should probably check the betting web sites for the over/under on Santos getting kicked out of the House.  He won't quit willingly; he's got a fat pay check and benefits.  Nobody is speaking up for him; he's a total liability for Republicans except when his staggering malfeasance is a useful distraction from Republican general malfeasance and as a needed vote. 

I give him 6 weeks, but ya never know.  He could be recalled by constituents, he could be given the boot by the House.  One thing to keep in mind -- he was allowed to be in a classified briefing session, which should never have happened.  That he will sell that information to the highest bidder is certain.  It's not just that he's a pathological liar, he has no moral compass, no appropriate boundaries, nothing. 

I can't imagine Qevin or any rethuglikans willingly booting him. If they had a 25 seat majority, maybe, but with their razor thin margin, they won't give up a guaranteed vote for the alt-right agenda.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

FEC told whatshisname to declare if he’s a candidate or not 

The Federal Election Commission is asking New York Rep. George Santos to declare whether he plans to run again in 2024 after the Long Island Republican crossed a post-election fundraising threshold that now requires him to make a formal declaration.

In a letter to Santos, the FEC says he has until March 14 to “either disavow these (fundraising and spending) activities by notifying the Commission in writing that you are not a candidate, or redesignate your principal campaign committee by filing a Statement of Candidacy.”

According to an FEC review of Santos’ filings, his campaign committee “has no debts from the previous election cycle and has accepted contributions and/or made expenditures in support of your 2024 candidacy in excess of $5,000, thus meeting the definition of ‘candidate’ per Federal Election Campaign Laws.”

• Upvote 5