IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

Also. You darn well know if that has happened to MM she would have had a field day with it and made a whole podcast episode about pregnancy and misogyny and sexism and the Evil!!Royals and on and on. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, treehugger said:

I’m Canadian and I hate the baby brain comments.  I hated them when I was pregnant and post-partum and I hate them still.  Way to reduce a women to her hormones. It’s demeaning, and often used to devalue a woman’s opinion in something because she is in a certain period of life. I know lots of North Americans think it’s a funny joke. I am not one of them. 
It’s also absolutely not something to say just anyone.

And the lip gloss thing is gross. There’s cultural differences and then there’s just good manners.  I really wish Meghan would stop associating bad manners with cultural differences. 

I think it can work as a joke in a funny situation with friends. Not in a tense situation with two women already with a somewhat distant/strained relationship. Why round you say that to someone that is complaining about something if not to devalue their feelings and opinion? I would have bitten her head of and given get some baby brain hormones in that situation.

H is well and truly f****d. I am still half thinking those excerpts must be made up because it’s so bad. No matter the context of those passages or if certain words are slightly different in the translation. He, and I quote this from someone else from another forum: “will now forever be the Stallion with frostbite on his circumcised  🍆 that is resentful of having the smaller bedroom and serenades with seals. Just like Charles will forever fondly be remembered as the King that wanted to be a tampon - it doesn’t matter that’s not what was really said. What matters is that that’s the thing everyone remembers first.”

Whoever wrote this is spot on. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 18

Not being keen on sharing one‘s lipgloss but doing so anyway is now a valid reason to be despised? 

Harry might not realize it but between the „baby brain“ story and this, his own book might confirm that he and Meghan are indeed „difficult“.

Oh, and are we supposed to believe that a guy bragging about having killed more than twenty people was a meditating pacifist in a fight with his brother? Yeah, right. Will we get Gandhi comparisons soon?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

He takes joy? What is the link for that? I haven't seen that.

According to every account about the issue I’ve read so far, Harry compared killing at least 25 humans to removing chess pieces from a board. So his analogy was that of a fun board game, not of a difficult but necessary task he had to fulfill. So killing is fun now? Like playing chess or ludo? His description makes me wonder how carefully his human targets were selected? Did he assess whether he actually had to kill them or were they mere objects he could play with? His autobiography gives clear hints that are very worrying. 

What did you think Harry was doing during two tours of Afghanistan? Soldiers kill people, generally because they believe in the cause they are fighting for.

I had hoped he didn’t treat humans as mere pieces in a board game but actually value every human life he encountered. With power comes responsibly. Having the power to take lives ought to make one especially careful to never take a life lightly. Unfortunately, Harry describes killing as a game. 

The Taliban killed far more than 25 people. Harry's comrades also killed more than 25 people. Many US soldiers all killed more than 25 people.

What’s your point? The Taliban kill people, so one can sink as low as them and also kill while denying people their humanity? In my opinion, every human life is worthy of at least a minimum of respect. Harry lacks that and appears very similar to some Taliban it seems. I’m sure they might joke about removing British chess pieces off their boards, too. 

If you were so concerned about Taliban deaths, did you protest this war? Did you march and say, "Leave those Taliban alone?"Or is this just a sidewise way of denigrating Harry? Because it shows a very naive view of war.

Thank you for asking. While I was a child when the war started in 2001 and didn’t initially protest as a nine year old, I’ve since gotten very involved with human rights work and do - among other things - focus on the crimes committed in the name of the so called “war on terror”. Thus, I’m not naive enough to believe that every shot Afghani was a Taliban but am aware that there is a high number of innocent Afghani lives lost at the hands of foreign soldiers. Additionally, not every member of the Taliban is worthy of death. The historical, political, and social situation in Afghanistan is far too complex for such an overly simplified view.

Also, when seriously dealing with issues such as wars, war crimes, and killings, human rights defenders don’t commonly run around shouting “leave those Taliban alone” as you wrote. We tend to have a little bit of a more nuanced perspective than you. This might come as a surprise to you, but one can still advocate for human rights for all people while not endorsing terrorist groups. Crazy, right? 

You know who the Islamic Emirate were, right, and the things they did? They brutally repressed women, for one thing. That's what Harry was fighting against.

Where did he say that? The quotes from his autobiography state that he felt like he was playing a game of chess when he killed people. According to his own story, he acted deranged and didn’t give a thought to Afghani women and their rights, otherwise he should have said so. Instead, he chose a disgusting chess analogy in the book he wrote himself. Nobody is putting words into his mouth or misquoting him. That’s what he himself chose to share. 

We may demand that vets remain silent about their experience, because it makes us uncomfortable. But in reality, it is important for them to talk about it in order to heal.

Healing starts with introspection and reflection. A vet wanting to speak out about his undoubtedly difficult experiences during a war does not bother me in the slightest. A vet wanting to discuss heartbreaking choices regarding the life or death of other human beings has every right to do so publicly in my opinion. Someone who brags about killing people like chess pieces lacks basic human decency and empathy. Harry doesn’t seem to grapple with knowing he killed dozens of people, he seems to brag with his body count. And that’s more disgusting than I can put into words. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
typos
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 7

Another thought: I assume (this obviously is just a guess) that Harry subconsciously or consciously used the chess analogy when he wrote about killing people because his Afghani victims weren’t white.

Usually, when white soldiers have to/choose to kill white criminals/fighters of a terrorist organisation, it is portrayed as a difficult but necessity decision made in the name of democracy and freedom. White victims are rarely portrayed as objects (e.g. chess pieces that need to be removed from a board).

So I think Harry’s story also highlights his still existing racism. He’s just being a little more subtle and doesn’t wear a nazi uniform anymore. But if only people who wear a swastica are racists, the world would be a better place (cause hardly anyone wears one). 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 8

17 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

It's pretty easy to tell if someone is lying about being suicidal. You can tell from a distance of thousands of miles, even if you've never met this. With close to 100% accuracy.

With all due respect, shut the fuck up. You don’t have a clue. I went through hell with my suicidal ex husband, never knowing if I’d find him dead or alive when I came home. I had to wrestle his belt out of his hands once cause he wanted to hang himself, I had to hide his meds cause I was concerned he might overdose. His doctors didn’t know how serious of a danger he was in, I didn’t know… everything that seemed like an improvement stressed me out because doctors warned me that sudden better moods might actually indicate he decided to end his life. No, there’s no “close to 100% accuracy” and stating otherwise is dangerous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 25

4 hours ago, viii said:

I’m on Kate’s side for the first one. Who asks to borrow someone else’s lip gloss?? That’s disgusting. You don’t know who has cold sores. Hard pass on that. I don’t even share with family members. It’s just gross to me. 

First, it was a squeeze tube. Kate didn't need to have any contact with Meghan's non-royal germs. Meghan squeezed it onto her finger.

Secondly, why didnt' Kate just say, "No,  I'd rather not." She's not much of a royal communicator if she can't' decline a simple request.

10 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

With all due respect, shut the fuck up. You don’t have a clue. I went through hell with my suicidal ex husband, never knowing if I’d find him dead or alive when I came home. I had to wrestle his belt out of his hands once cause he wanted to hang himself, I had to hide his meds cause I was concerned he might overdose. His doctors didn’t know how serious of a danger he was in, I didn’t know… everything that seemed like an improvement stressed me out because doctors warned me that sudden better moods might actually indicate he decided to end his life. No, there’s no “close to 100% accuracy” and stating otherwise is dangerous. 

This is a message worth repeating.

That said, the original post was satire and, unfortunately, not far off base. Often times suicidal thoughts and behaviors are vetted in terms of what the person hearing them wishes to believe. Even professionals struggle with this. Clinicians may minimize the risk in persons thought to be “difficult.”

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Soldiers kill. That’s their job. I’m not surprised that Prince Harry killed enemy combatants. It is the keeping track of the actual number and then discussing it with civilians and then publishing it for the world to see. It is one thing to discuss with a counselor or fellow soldiers but not with the public. That is what irks me. By stating an actual number it comes across as bragging no matter the context. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

This is a message worth repeating.

That said, the original post was satire and, unfortunately, not far off base. Often times suicidal thoughts and behaviors are vetted in terms of what the person hearing them wishes to believe. Even professionals struggle with this. Clinicians may minimize the risk in persons thought to be “difficult.”

Sorry, I wasn’t aware it was satire and got triggered, hence my emotional response.

• Love 12

Soldiers kill. That’s their job. I’m not surprised that Prince Harry killed enemy combatants. It is the keeping track of the actual number

His automated weapon told him the number of kills he made.

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, FluffySnowball said:

Sorry, I wasn’t aware it was satire and got triggered, hence my emotional response.

All good. It’s tough stuff.

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Very interesting that the queen's dresser was granted permission to write a THREE volume memoir on her life dressing the Queen. For which she was well-paid, I am sure. Three volumes! 

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Angela-Kelly/author/B00CQ2FDBG?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true

But Harry is the bad one, for monetizing his connections to his "family."

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Usually, when white soldiers have to/choose to kill white criminals/fighters of a terrorist organisation, it is portrayed as a difficult but necessity decision made in the name of democracy and freedom. White victims are rarely portrayed as objects (e.g. chess pieces that need to be removed from a board).

The British military is not all white!  Your comment is so disrespectful to the non-white members of Harry's troop. What an ugly assumption.

download-8.jpg.54def19ab6ba4fdbd51ed0e5beff6ddc.jpg

Plus, you do know that Taliban fighters were not black?

Edited by Jackie3

My thought about Harry. I am guessing there is risk assessment happening behind the scene given he is still in line for the throne. Some of what he is saying would make it difficult for a civilian to get a security clearance.

• Upvote 9

20 hours ago, adidas said:

Not to mention that Harry’s book shows that Meghan misled viewers with the ‘Kate made me cry’ thing during the Oprah interview:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/meghan-markle-misled-oprah-viewers-about-kate-middleton-fight-harry-says/news-story/d537c4684dc34bfd975a2782abc40916

Once again, recollections may vary. 

Glad someone else noticed this. My first thought was how this new story contradicts what Meghan claimed to Oprah. 

They're just insulting my intelligence at this point. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

26 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

My thought about Harry. I am guessing there is risk assessment happening behind the scene given he is still in line for the throne. Some of what he is saying would make it difficult for a civilian to get a security clearance.

Are they doing a risk assessment on Andrew too? Because he's still in the line of succession.

What law did Harry break that would make it hard for him to get security clearance? The killing he described was part of his job. Do you know how the military works? Soldiers kill, or else they are killed.

If you look back 10 years ago, the british tabloids called Harry a "war hero" for these same killings. In fact, you seemed unbothered by them until recently. Yet his war record has been out there for years. Did you think he was crocheting during his two tours of duty?

Edited by Jackie3

46 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Glad someone else noticed this. My first thought was how this new story contradicts what Meghan claimed to Oprah. 

They're just insulting my intelligence at this point.

That one is all over the British press. These two should be in the dictionary under folie a deux

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I guess I just don’t see the outrage over the chessboard comments. What does the average civilian assume soldiers do? They kill people and I can only imagine how heavily that weighs on them, regardless of who it is. It seems rather normal to “dehumanize” the other side, to give yourself even the slightest hint of peace. 🤷🏻‍♀️ However, I do agree with that there are some things you share only with your therapist or the people involved in the situation with you, since they will understand the most. This seems one of them. The public world did not need to know his exact number, even if it’s cathartic for him to tell it. Tell it to a therapist. 

Actually, a lot of this should have only been told to a therapist. 🤣

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

The more Harry talks about the therapy he is now receiving the more he seems to be giving  therapy a bad look. 

has not one therapist told him that he should take some responsibility for his actions? That his obsession with his mom is bordering on unhealthy?! The fact that he was glad that William’s baldness made William look less like his mom is just weird. 

• Upvote 13

Guys, I have a thought. There is a yucky troll in our forest. The best way to squelch a troll is to deprive it of oxygen. Don't use the reactions, don't reply to it and just put it on ignore. Sadly, @Coconut Flan and I cannot ignore anyone but please use the ignore function freely!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 16

1 hour ago, viii said:

However, I do agree with that there are some things you share only with your therapist or the people involved in the situation with you, since they will understand the most. This seems one of them. The public world did not need to know his exact number, even if it’s cathartic for him to tell it. Tell it to a therapist. 

"Go off and kill the Taliban, but never talk about it because  it makes me mildly uncomfortable." That's your position, very admirable.

The ugliness of war may make you uncomfortable. However, it's vitally important that the public knows these things. In case we ever decide whether to go to war again.

Finally, if you really don't want to know, why are you clicking on article about Harry's war experience?

My feeling is--if we ask our soldiers to live through such experiences, the least we can do is bear witness to it and help them carry their burden.

Harry's brother and father used their privilege to stay safely in England. Harry chose to put his life at risk. How odd that he's the one you choose to criticize--instead of the two guys who spent the war being waited on by servants in a palace.

Charles and Wills' passion for shooting innocents birds out of the sky--hundreds of them!--is far more concerning. They shoot far more than they can eat. It's all a sport to them. 

Edited by Jackie3

54 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

The more Harry talks about the therapy he is now receiving the more he seems to be giving  therapy a bad look. 

has not one therapist told him that he should take some responsibility for his actions? That his obsession with his mom is bordering on unhealthy?! The fact that he was glad that William’s baldness made William look less like his mom is just weird. 

No. Therapists wouldn't say such destructive, unhealthy things. Therapists don't try to silence people.

49 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Guys, I have a thought. There is a yucky troll in our forest. The best way to squelch a troll is to deprive it of oxygen. Don't use the reactions, don't reply to it and just put it on ignore. Sadly, @Coconut Flan and I cannot ignore anyone but please use the ignore function freely!

This is great in theory, and I'd love to implement it, but I wish it worked here as it does on Facebook: you block someone there and not only can you no longer see their posts, effectively ignoring them, but they no longer see YOUR posts either. Ignoring someone here on FJ just means you don't see their posts while they have free rein to attack yours. They see and respond to yours and you have no idea that they've just said something pretty vile about you, leaving you with no defense (for some of us that doesn't matter, we don't care; for others, we do like to clarify or defend ourselves against really egregious comments by trolls like this). I suppose there's no way in the programming to change all that? :think:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

It’s a particularly nasty troll. Trying to defend yourself or your position is futile  as it just your twists words and meaning anyway. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic