IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Manda said:

This is the same couple where Meghan says she was suicidal, but HR (don't call me stupid you know you weren't a paid employee) wouldn't help her and she couldn't get help:

https://pagesix.com/2023/01/05/prince-harry-snapped-at-meghan-markle-in-fight-that-led-to-therapy/

She sent Harry!  

Turned against his military family, too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64185176

Yeah. It doesn’t add up. All three events happened in the same year: Willy pushes Harry over - Harry sees his therapist. Harry yells at Meghan - they both see the therapist. Meghan is suicidal - no help, can’t see the therapist.

Nope. Not buying it. 

Not to mention that Harry’s book shows that Meghan misled viewers with the ‘Kate made me cry’ thing during the Oprah interview:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/meghan-markle-misled-oprah-viewers-about-kate-middleton-fight-harry-says/news-story/d537c4684dc34bfd975a2782abc40916

Once again, recollections may vary. 

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, adidas said:

Even from the same person multiple times.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Even from the same person multiple times.

We have heard a lot about how the book is terrible. Multiple times. From people who are likely going to buy it anyway!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Yeah. It doesn’t add up. All three events happened in the same year: Willy pushes Harry over - Harry sees his therapist. Harry yells at Meghan - they both see the therapist. Meghan is suicidal - no help, can’t see the therapist.

Nope. Not buying it. 

Not to mention that Harry’s book shows that Meghan misled viewers with the ‘Kate made me cry’ thing during the Oprah interview:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/meghan-markle-misled-oprah-viewers-about-kate-middleton-fight-harry-says/news-story/d537c4684dc34bfd975a2782abc40916

It's pretty easy to tell if someone is lying about being suicidal. You can tell from a distance of thousands of miles, even if you've never met this. With close to 100% accuracy.

Basically, if you dislike the person, you don't want to have to extend any sympathy. So they're lying. That's all there is to it!

Even if Meghan had swallowed dozens of pills, she'd still be lying, because she was just doing it for show.

If she had cuts on her arm, she still didn't really mean it, because she just wanted attention.

This is how psychologists and social workers make assessments all the time, and it's generally accurate.

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s the purplest prose that ever purpled this side of 1880 and probably going to get snickers and eye rolls rather than whatever the hell Harry is going for. 

Actually, this is what it's getting. It's #1 in hardcover books on Amazon

629036974_spare5.png.52c516875cac1b8e67017e007e8f7e96.png

And #2 on Audible

283482249_spare6.png.729c5e804ab9d9339bd3a6483df36281.png

On 1/3/2023 at 4:15 PM, tabitha2 said:

Correction: when the Royal work was fun and cool and attention getting he was all for it. So was she.  When is was boring or unglamorous or without press which is the majority of the time or they were going to be sent to places they did not choose to go  they balked 

Well, they've gotten everything they wanted then. Plenty of press. Trips to fun and cool events. The ability to decline anything boring and accept everything glamorous. Plenty of opportunity to appear on talk shows. 

They've gotten it all.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I have said it before and I will say it again inherited mental instability has been known in both sides of Harry’s family  going back hundreds of years at least. This is fact. 

That explains a grown man attacking his brother, for sure. Does it explain a man r**pg a teenager or cheating on his wife (or both)? 

Or does it explain Harry's crime--writing a book?

• Downvote 1

Do you kind of wonder if they "accidentally" released the book in one fairly minor country, to get the interest/talk all revved up for the major release?

• Upvote 1

Kate seems really a bit  full of herself.

She is so important that she can't lend out her lip gloss? It was a squeeze tube, for goodness sake!

She's so uptight that a joke about her hormones gets her pissed?! It doesn't take much, does it? So royal hormones are so special you can't joke about them?

God, I imagine she's insufferable in public. A woman who's never worked --who grifts off the working man -- really has no reason to be so self-important. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Do you kind of wonder if they "accidentally" released the book in one fairly minor country, to get the interest/talk all revved up for the major release?

By "they", do you mean Harry and Meghan? Because they had no control over that. Harry is the writer, not the publisher, the distributer, or the bookseller. Meghan is none of those, so she gets a free pass too (sorry).

But the publisher absolutely did this, to generate interest in the book. It's a common technique. Did you really think it was "accidentally released in Spain a bit early?" LOL

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, noseybutt said:

Right?!? Thanks for linking them.

Not sure if this Instagram link will show up: 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnE1mhdq4Gt/?igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

So hilarious.

My favorite one is when he says that of Harry were to get Princess Anne on his side then it be over. Too funny (and true Princess Anne rocks).   

opps my comment is referring to the Twitter thread. 

Edited by TN-peach
Explanation
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

My favorite one is when he says that of Harry were to get Princess Anne on his side then it be over. Too funny (and true Princess Anne rocks).   

opps my comment is referring to the Twitter thread. 

The Twitter thread is great. They have turned this into Fantasy Football, Royal Spare Edition.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

The instagram post is on point too. Like umm there is TMI and then there is too much TMI ( see information about frostbite and who he tells is circumcised - talk about violating privacy). 

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, Manda said:

I was wondering why the press can't shut up. 

I see your point, though. The press should be able to abuse them without pushback. Do you recommend that for all abusers, or just in this case?

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

The instagram post is on point too. Like umm there is TMI and then there is too much TMI ( see information about frostbite and who he tells is circumcised - talk about violating privacy). 

I suspect you'll be reading away on the 10th, then complaining there's too much TMI.

• Fuck You 2

4 hours ago, noseybutt said:

The Twitter thread is great. They have turned this into Fantasy Football, Royal Spare Edition.

With a large number of history buffs taking part. And this tweet is just awesome:

"Not sure"??

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I'm sorry you are unmoved, that matters. But Harry is allowed to grieve a change in his relationship. Healthy peoole do it all the time.

His father's an adulterer, his uncle a rapist. His step-mom is also a cheater who heartlessly helped destroy a young woman. But it's Harry you have a problem with? To my knowledge, he hasn't raped any teenagers or cheated on his wife.

Well, I frankly was willing to cut Harry a lot of slack and was ok to rationalize and excuse a lot of his behavior.

Firstly, leaving his life as a working royal behind is totally acceptable in my opinion and he shouldn't have gotten any backlash for it. Neither he or his wife deserve criticism for their decision. 

Secondly, not handling traumatic events (e.g. the death of his mother) in the best, most sensible way possible doesn't cause me to want to ridicule Harry. Yes, some things could have been handled better and burning bridges so publicly doesn't seem to be a smart move. However, Harry grew up in the public eye, his family is the arguably most famous one in the world right now and he's still (understandably) grappling with a multitude of horrible experiences from his past. That's why it doesn't seem outlandish to me that he airs some dirty laundry now that he's felt hurt and humiliated by both the press and his fam for decades. Do I think it's the best way to go about handling his issues? No, of course not. But I don't know what I'd do in his situation and I doubt I'd handle everything impeccably so... it's not my place to judge. Besides, some members of the RBF had it coming if you ask my, so I don't really pity them. You get what you sow, so to speak. 

Thirdly, the press (not every newspaper and tv station out there of course, but far too many) was and still is displaying a racial bias against Meghan. Had she been a white upper class British woman, she have might still experienced harrassment, but to a lesser degree. Also, racism often times hurts more than non racist gossip and slander. I can understand that after what happened to Diana, Harry wasn't rational and calm when his wife had to deal with so much hatred. 

Also, from an emotional point of view, I understand why Harry wanted to share that William allegedly hit him (I know, we don't have prove but I tend to believe it happened). While I don't have siblings, if a family member beat me up,  I might feel the need to tell anyone and everyone as well out of pure hurt and spite. Luckily, I've never been in that position and hope I never will be. Again, I'm not saying its smart of Harry to make such things public, but I can kinda understand what might cause him to do it. So it rather makes me feel sorry for him but I don't think he deserves ridicule. Noone should be hit by their family members, no women and no men. So the fact that he could have hit William back as they're both men doesn't make the story any better. 

What I personally can't accept is Harry's open admission that he killed over 20 people, his dehumanization of them and his apparent joy of taking people's lives. That makes me think that he actually is a very sick and twisted person. It might be the case that soldiers occasionally need to take other people's lives, e.g. in self defense or in the defense of others, but it should never be an easy or even pleasurable task. That Harry claims otherwise in his book shows me that he doesn't "only" have childhood trauma and struggles with unhealthy family dynamics but that he's actually very, very sick. I'm not a doctor and don't mean to diagnose him with a personality disorder, but this seems sadistic to me and actually makes me feel very sorry for his wife and kids. It's a major red flag to me... 

Edited by FluffySnowball
Typos
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

What I personally can't accept is Harry's open admission that he killed over 20 people, his dehumanization of them and his apparent joy of taking people's lives. That makes me think that he actually is a very sick and twisted person. It might be the case that soldiers occasionally need to take other people's lives, e.g. in self defense or in the defense of others, but it should never be an easy or even pleasurable task. That Harry claims otherwise in his book shows me that he doesn't "only" have childhood trauma and struggles with unhealthy family dynamics but that he's actually very, very sick. I'm not a doctor and don't mean to diagnose him with a personality disorder, but this seems sadistic to me and actually makes me feel very sorry for his wife and kids. It's a major red flag to me... 

I've known another person like Harry with an inability to cope effectively with death and other stresses.  I thought what kind of messed up family produced her. Then I met two of her sisters who were more average and who seemed to cope normally with and enjoy life.  I finally asked one about her. She said she's always been messed up.  Mom's death didn't cause the problems, it's the expression of her problems.  I think that's the same with Harry.

• Upvote 11

11 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

She is so important that she can't lend out her lip gloss? It was a squeeze tube, for goodness sake!

She's so uptight that a joke about her hormones gets her pissed?! It doesn't take much, does it? So royal hormones are so special you can't joke about them?

I’m on Kate’s side for the first one. Who asks to borrow someone else’s lip gloss?? That’s disgusting. You don’t know who has cold sores. Hard pass on that. I don’t even share with family members. It’s just gross to me. 

As for the baby brain comment, I don’t find it offensive, but I’m also from North America, where the term is a bit more common. I’m guessing there’s a massive difference between British humour and American humour and so Meghan’s jokes didn’t always translate well, and vice versa. It would be like if a Brit called me a c**t. That’s a hardcore common word there, that’s an extremely offensive word here. So, cultural humours differ and Meghan should have expected that. 

• Upvote 16

Plus we know there was tension before from the beginning even  with Meghan making them uncomfortable in various ways and that crack was the final straw. If they had been at least cordial it might have been just an awkward moment. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Plus we know there was tension before from the beginning even  with Meghan making them uncomfortable in various ways and that crack was the final straw. If they had been at least cordial it might have been just an awkward moment. 

Meghan making them uncomfortable? Who cares?

It was their job to make her comfortable. She was the guest, the newbie, the person from another country. A kind,loving family would gave helped her adjust. 

These people aren’t deities and making them “uncomfortable “ is not a capital crime.

• Downvote 4

I’m Canadian and I hate the baby brain comments.  I hated them when I was pregnant and post-partum and I hate them still.  Way to reduce a women to her hormones. It’s demeaning, and often used to devalue a woman’s opinion in something because she is in a certain period of life. I know lots of North Americans think it’s a funny joke. I am not one of them. 
It’s also absolutely not something to say just anyone.

And the lip gloss thing is gross. There’s cultural differences and then there’s just good manners.  I really wish Meghan would stop associating bad manners with cultural differences. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

What I personally can't accept is Harry's open admission that he killed over 20 people, his dehumanization of them and his apparent joy of taking people's lives.

He takes joy? What is the link for that? I haven't seen that.

What did you think Harry was doing during two tours of Afghanistan? Soldiers kill people, generally because they believe in the cause they are fighting for.

Harry opposed the Taliban rule. They were the ones behind 9/11, you realize. They were also trying to kill him. His life was in danger, while you and I and Wills and Kate were sitting comfortably in our homes. 

The Taliban killed far more than 25 people. Harry's comrades also killed more than 25 people. Many US soldiers all killed more than 25 people.

The ones that didn't compartmentalize their targets--the ones throwing down their guns and weeping--put themselves and their troops in danger. If all the soldiers had done that, the Islamic Emirate would have won.

You know who the Islamic Emirate were, right, and the things they did? They brutally repressed women, for one thing. That's what Harry was fighting against.

We may demand that vets remain silent about their experience, because it makes us uncomfortable. But in reality, it is important for them to talk about it in order to heal.

If you were so concerned about Taliban deaths, did you protest this war? Did you march and say, "Leave those Taliban alone?"Or is this just a sidewise way of denigrating Harry? Because it shows a very naive view of war.

• Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic