IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 6: Maybe They'll Finally Abandon Him

GreyhoundFan

I had forgotten the scene from WKRP, one of my favorite shows of all time. Sad that the religious wing nuts haven’t changed since WKRP, which aired more than 40 years ago. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

On 1/12/2023 at 11:03 PM, Audrey2 said:

Being a smart-ass here, I would love to see M&Ms coming up with a bag of male M&Ms that are in the shape of penises, so these whiners can have their male bag of M&Ms. Sadly I think the equipment in the bag would be bigger than the equipment on the whiners.

And they can literally eat dicks! 🍆

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, smittykins said:

And they can literally eat dicks! 🍆

But to get the full experience, a pair of tweezers should be added to each package.  Magnifying glass sold separately.

• Haha 8

54 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Hard pass:

image.png.5aad91896d3bc6acc56fe031f81820e4.png

It’s like the Sgt. Pepper’s album cover and the Sgt. Pepper’s movie encore scene that had a bunch of at the time big stars AND the “Do They Know It’s Christmas” crowd as well as the “We Are the World” people plus the entire “Live Aid” performing crew got together and went through a warp to make them the exact opposite of all they are in terms of talent, values, intelligence, moral compass, character, humanity, goodness, and everything else that is good in this world. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

It’s like the Sgt. Pepper’s album cover and the Sgt. Pepper’s movie encore scene that had a bunch of at the time big stars AND the “Do They Know It’s Christmas” crowd as well as the “We Are the World” people plus the entire “Live Aid” performing crew got together and went through a warp to make them the exact opposite of all they are in terms of talent, values, intelligence, moral compass, character, humanity, goodness, and everything else that is good in this world. 

Really. More cluttered than JillRod's house.

• Haha 10

Aw, poor widdle killer thinks he deserves to spew his crap wherever he wants. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 5

Yeah looks like I traded up according to US News & World Report.  Minnesota is the second best state compared to Iowa at 12. Thing I can’t understand though is why Iowa isn’t a quite a bit lower instead of 12th.

I wore a Hawkeyes shirt to work today.  Coworker was talking about COVID Kim’s dumb ass education plans and said he was from Iowa. He said the state is a lot different and made note of my shirt. I couldn’t help it, I said why do you think I’m up here now. 

• Upvote 4

Pompous Pompeo shoveling his normal crap:

image.png.778049dbdb8377e31a049eecb95b6eaf.png

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Pompous Pompeo shoveling his normal crap:

image.png.778049dbdb8377e31a049eecb95b6eaf.png

I want to scream every time I hear that the second is a God given right! What does HE have to do with guns? He didn't invent them! The apostles weren't armed! Jesus wasn't armed! If anything, Jesus weeps at all the gun violence in this country. 

It is a "man" given right. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Jon McNaughton has been churning sloppy, generic stuff out, fast. Maybe he's sensing the gravy train ending:

Spoiler

image.png.31d8cf6c9aa2e041e6a4c77afab57dcf.png

This is my new painting... "America First."

I decided to do my version of the famous poster by James Montgomery Flagg from 1917. We face a different kind of war today – one from within. At a time when politicians and special interest groups choose to focus on giving taxpayer money to foreign governments and anti-American groups while our own citizens are suffering is inexcusable and treasonous. “America First” is the call to action that I think we need today!

image.png.6eac201eaaa65d0fd1e0a950e894c4ff.png

New Painting, "Liberty Remembered"

I painted a symbol that represents a vanishing ideal that needs to be rekindled in our day. "Liberty" is a delicate thing, left unattended can be snuffed out and nothing less than blood and prayer can rekindle the light.

Boy, does he not get the point of either original image.

Also, NFTs, some of them even weirder than his usual stuff - they look like they were generated at random by AI:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8ab59c30d887f51315a62fcba701a7a2.png

image.thumb.png.0d9e5aacbe7fcfec223f5ecdb466a7a7.png

image.thumb.png.619f9b93f5eae1b9936ffb33f4e98faa.png

image.thumb.png.53b98ee1e4ac514f0631e9a5a25e9911.png

image.thumb.png.d5579cc5a1ea97657de8e8c64328b159.png

https://jonmcnaughton.com/nfts-mcnifty/

From October, but I think I missed it when he first put it on Facebook. He tried to be realistic, and also make her look good - a daunting task. Even in his attempt to flatter, she looks like a cartoon character.

Spoiler

image.png.ca925f861a52b5c4d75a48f80234032a.png

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

I can’t image the tangerine toddler will be pleased with the one where his hairpiece is flying up. It makes him look more ridiculous than usual. 

• I Agree 7

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I can’t image the tangerine toddler will be pleased with the one where his hairpiece is flying up. It makes him look more ridiculous than usual. 

Maybe McNaughton thought it made him look casual, approachable, insouciant - like Shelley Hack in a Charlie ad!

Spoiler

When that first ad aired, I was that weird kid who knew who Bobby Short was (I'd read his autobiography, in fact).

I did like Charlie cologne - wore it for years.

• Upvote 6

Why is there a hand holding a flag coming out of Trump's head in two separate images? If you want a political angel then add one, don't put wings and arms sprouting out of heads, sheesh.

That last one looks like a before and after the Botox painting, wither that or it's a reverse portrait of Donald Trump attempt. He looks... vaguely demonic. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Why is there a hand holding a flag coming out of Trump's head in two separate images? If you want a political angel then add one, don't put wings and arms sprouting out of heads, sheesh.

That last one looks like a before and after the Botox painting, wither that or it's a reverse portrait of Donald Trump attempt. He looks... vaguely demonic. 

I assume there was some sort of AI generation involved, to make all of those weird things happen - clearly some images were used several times. But you'd think that McNaughton would have checked them over before trying to sell them.

Or is the randomness and weirdness supposed to be a feature, rather than a bug?

Trying to figure out how MAGA politicians and their followers think is sometimes so easy - greed, greed, more greed, lust for power and fame, and more greed. But sometimes it's so difficult to understand why someone would do whatever bizarre thing it is that they have done or said or are willing to purchase.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

On 1/17/2023 at 9:13 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Aw, poor widdle killer thinks he deserves to spew his crap wherever he wants. 

“The vent-tee-annn”.  Know what? If he had followed his trial attorney’s advice, gone into obscurity, avoided the spotlight and didn’t chase fame, I wouldn’t give one whit that a clearly undereducated kid from Bumblefuck USA doesn’t know how to pronounce “Venetian” because it would probably have zero impact on his ability to perform whatever job/career he chooses or that chooses him. This shit, however, chose to ignore the very wise advice and has been trying to cash in on killing two people and maiming another. Even if he was totally justified and it was completely self defense, a human with a decent moral compass and any humility would not be running around trying to make money off the situation that has left the people who loved two people grieving and another forever changed. Not being able to pronounce the name of a venue that was going to be the host of your appearance is highly unprofessional and is a poor example of your speaking skills. I realize the Venetian canceled his appearance (GOOD!) but it’s obvious he didn’t know how to pronounce it so if the Venetian hadn’t canceled he would have been promoting it with a botched pronunciation- a huge mistake in the public speaking world. He’s clearly in a very low-rent operation and likely pulling in lower rung appearance fees. Kyle’s on his way out. He might be able to cling on for a bit but he’s going lower and lower on the ladder. He’s not far from small town fairs where he hopes people come to his meet & greet to pay for a picture and buy some merch. I could be way off base but I really think he has been used by those with an agenda and is not so useful anymore so he’s being shut out. I am not a conspiracy theorist but it wouldn’t surprise me if the canceled events had nothing to do with the “woke” but just lack of interest because he’s old news. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

44 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I could be way off base but I really think he has been used by those with an agenda and is not so useful anymore so he’s being shut out.

Oh totally. He was a pin up for about five minutes, then they realised he was never going to be a good long term fit (poorly educated, not a good speaker, goes off message) so they're quietly shelving him. 

46 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Even if he was totally justified and it was completely self defense, a human with a decent moral compass and any humility would not be running around trying to make money off the situation that has left the people who loved two people grieving and another forever changed.

He doesn't have the empathy or intelligence to look beyond himself - or even take a longer view of what happened and realise that things could have gone differently. At some point he may realise he's being dumped by the people he idolised and bitterness might set in but I can't see him ever being able to step back and realise that his actions caused irreparable harm, and that he was manipulated into being there. (Also why weren't his parents charged over this, ffs here.)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

they realised he was never going to be a good long term fit (poorly educated, not a good speaker, goes off message) so they're quietly shelving him

Yeah, they've got one of those already. Lives somewhere in Florida, I believe. 

• Haha 10

At Flynn and Eric’s dog and pony show:

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

The "Stop the Shot" thing took me a second, because my first thought was "but these people love guns and shooting." Then I realized it meant vaccinations.

I've been using Ivermectin for decades - really. And I'm happy to say that none of my dogs have ever had heartworms.

• Upvote 7

Now, they're upset about Pink Floyd's Facebook photo celebrating 50 years of the release of the Dark Side of the Moon album this year.325603254_864140961574040_3560058790092010301_n.jpg.0c9b7d0e060eb584d577722b3bb94bcb.jpg

• Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 3

24 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Now, they're upset about Pink Floyd's Facebook photo celebrating 50 years of the release of the Dark Side of the Moon album this year.325603254_864140961574040_3560058790092010301_n.jpg.0c9b7d0e060eb584d577722b3bb94bcb.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks there actually is something to be upset about here?  Not the rainbow, of course, but the fact that I can actually remember 50 years ago...  :character-oldtimer:

• Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic