IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 45

GreyhoundFan

13 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

mastodon.thumb.png.57465d5860ab645f855b806109a0440d.png

Does anyone happen to know if Mastodon is getting a lot of former Twitter members, enough to make a difference?  

• Upvote 1

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• AnywhereButHere

C3DB65E7-E6F0-4C32-ABC3-AD9842AF7D02.thumb.jpeg.408e261b6ac29247ad85cdc0f09ab9bf.jpeg

• Upvote 5

I like this NFT better 

D4BB100B-AD29-4734-A604-8873954D4C89.jpeg.3eae241ba44852bc54af6878d8edb3f2.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Yeah pretty much 

A2AEFEBD-7998-448F-A36E-DC130768A028.jpeg.add2391af7e4d792938d950bd4d5326e.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Trying to hail a cab to the sex shop across from the four seasons landscaping 

• Haha 4

On 12/15/2022 at 2:15 PM, 47of74 said:

72FA6A39-1276-4A8C-8707-8EF96BEDF7E5.jpeg.825d6fb778c8dad13af41a92005c7eac.jpeg

I am floored by the number of people who seem to not understand the definition of “pronoun” or what words are actually pronouns. 

Schoolhouse Rock. The answer is always, always Schoolhouse Rock.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Today in Florida 

CF2C5362-0CF1-48D4-8B6A-DE009039690F.jpeg.22d9b0fc879cc3f9ad6066dd2c552012.jpeg

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Not a comic but unsure whete else to put it.

Dude in the middle row, far right: “I accept that my job requires me to work with people who have no consciences and who rape, murder, and pillage at a whim, but nothing in my job description said I had to hang around these two assholes!” 

• Upvote 2

E1758AF6-0039-404C-B78A-60B30023577C.thumb.jpeg.db78799eb06c8359df25955d4153c16e.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

E1AEC614-7033-4A6E-81C0-0911F5A05956.thumb.jpeg.558115cac841b8b651031d607cd43ece.jpeg

• Upvote 4

More accurate. (If barf worthy). 

57547E0E-0A13-4F0E-864B-3F67049DB837.thumb.jpeg.7a077a158bad66d1020bccc850192b5c.jpeg

• Haha 3

image.png.e4904fe9a1f6d62a3d5f85f21615b908.png

"Treasonous Humbugger"

The House Select Committee investigating the January 6 insurrection and coup attempt has issued four criminal referrals of Donald Trump to the Department of Justice. Donald Trump’s initial reaction to this is, “Bah humbug…have you seen my NFT trading cards?”

Trump “truthed” out that the committee is partisan and what doesn’t kill him makes him stronger, bwahahahahaha,” and then followed that with multiple other “truths” full of lies, too numerous to mention here.

The thing is though, the committee is actually bipartisan. Trump and his fellow GOP goons believe it’s partisan because no seditious sycophants are on it. And Trump can’t claim the committee is lying to anyone who has actually paid attention. The charges are very detailed and specific.

The committee is referrals include insurrection, obstruction of an official proceeding, conspiracy to defraud the United States, and conspiracy to make a false statement.

Other than the power of persuasion, the committee’s referrals don’t hold actual power. At the most, these referrals may pressure DOJ to charge Trump with these criminal acts.

Additionally, Trump lawyer John Eastman is also slated to be referred for obstruction of a congressional proceeding and conspiracy to defraud the United States. The report also cites members of Congress who failed to comply with subpoenas issued to them, which the committee will refer to the House Ethics Committee for further action. This includes House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Jim Jordan, and Scott Perry.

It is extreme for a congressional committee to issue criminal referrals for a former president (sic), but it’s also extreme for a president (sic) to deny a peaceful transfer of power and attempt an insurrection to cling to stay in the White House.

The facts are that Donald Trump tried to stay in office after losing an election, used his office to intimidate election officials to give him “votes,” created a fake slate of electors, pressured the vice president to disobey the Constitution and deny certification of the Electoral College, and disrupted an official proceeding with a terrorist attack on Congress by white nationalist MAGAts. As if that wasn’t enough, he engaged in witness tampering during the committee’s investigation.

What will Jack Smith, the Special Counsel investigating Trump on multiple counts, do with the referrals? For all we know, he made up his mind on each of these weeks ago. None of these accusations are new. I hope Smith goes for all four and then some…or then a lot more.

Donald Trump is a criminal. He’s a bad guy. We can’t just prosecute the MAGAt minions and let the crime boss get away. Justice and the rule of law demand that Donald Trump be prosecuted.

• Upvote 2

image.png.04358854558ccf20b79ce29b7c7cd408.png

"Respect For All Marriages"

President Biden signed a bill into law last Tuesday codifying same-sex and interracial marriages. It was a bipartisan bill as it picked up a dozen votes from Republican senators (out of 50) and 39 votes from House Republicans (out of 208).

The nation has evolved on marriage. Only 42 percent of Americans were in favor of same-sex marriage in 2004. Today, that number is 68 percent.

In 1958, only four percent of Americans were in favor of interracial marriage. Today, it’s around 94 percent.

Even President Biden has evolved on same-sex marriage. He voted for the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) in 1996,  which defined marriage as between a man and a woman and blocked federal recognition of same-sex marriages. Now, his signing of the Respect for Marriage Act repeals DOMA.

The Defense of Marriage Act is an attempt to cut bigoted governors and the Supreme Court off at the pass. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has made hate and bigotry a focal point of his administration and has signed several hate bills into law in that state, and several other GOP states are following his lead. The number of Republicans in favor of same-sex marriage has risen over the years to 43 percent, but the majority of them still oppose it. If Democrats had waited until the next session to vote on this bill codifying interracial and same-sex marriage, it may not have passed in the House where Republicans will now be the majority.

One of those Republicans who appears to still oppose same-sex marriage is Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who is in an interracial marriage.

After the Supreme Court ruled that yee-haw states can ban abortion, non-fundamentalist-wackadoodle rational people who live in this century expressed concern over what might SCOTUS ban next. Thomas has given us more than an inkling.

In his concurring opinion on the decision to overrule Roe v Wade, Thomas wrote, “In future cases, we should reconsider all of this court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell.”

Griswold v Connecticut established a married couple’s right to use contraception without government interference in 1965. The court ruled in the 2003 case of Lawrence v Texas that states could not criminalize sodomy. In 2015, Obergefell v Hodges established the right for same-sex couples to marry.

This is some scary stuff. What Thomas did with his concurring opinion was signal fucknut states to send them cases on contraception, sodomy, and gay marriage so that the fundamentalist fucknut court can ban them. Don’t forget that the case the court used to overturn Roe v Wade wasn’t even about banning abortions.

Thomas was on the court for two of those cases and now wants the court to vote on them again since he side now has the majority. This would be like the Buffalo Bills wanting to go back and replay the 1993 Super Bowl because they’re much better than Dallas now.

Also, don’t forget that Republicans are the biggest howlers about government overreach, yet here they are trying to ban birth control, marriages that offend them, and what consenting people do in the privacy of their bedrooms, despite none of that having any actual impact on their lives.

Clarence Thomas is in a mixed marriage, so he’s at least open-minded to that unless he thinks he’s a white guy (that’s not totally out of the question). He’s also signaling that he and Ginni have never done it in the butt which is something none of us should ever think about. If that’s in your brain now, my bad.

I know Republicans who are in interracial marriages who get rightly offended when they encounter racism toward their marriages…but they don’t respect other marriages.

I saw one post on Facebook that he didn’t need Democrats or Joe Biden to defend his interracial marriage, ignoring that it was the federal government that legalized his interracial marriage and has now codified it.

My message to Clarence Thomas, the rest of the majority on the Supreme Court, and all Republicans is that they need to respect ALL marriages… not just their own.

• Upvote 4

image.png.ac3ce93a65debb7194104ebcbfe70f6a.png

"A Thristhmas Sthory"

I was thinking this morning that I need to give my clients a few different options in Christmas cartoons, and maybe incorporate them into some heavy subjects, like the Defense of Marriage Act, Title 42, and maybe Kevin McCarthy’s floundering and petulant attempt to become Speaker of the House. But then I thought of this and as Laura, one of my proofreaders said when she saw it, “Sometimes a LOL is enough.”

Besides, it’s Sunday and I do draw a brand new cartoon every single flipping day, and I have five more cartoons to draw before I reach file number 12252022. So, you’re getting another insipid Trump cartoon today instead of something heavy and meaningful because it made me LOL.

Also, if any cartoonist has drawn this same idea in years past, I apologize. I may have gotten the idea from the iPhone commercial with Zach Braff and Donald Faison. I love those guys.

• Upvote 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic