• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• AnywhereButHere

image.png.90fef9bd05c6c090fdc9026363d2c8be.png

"Get Your Popcorn"

The popcorn imagery is a bit old and a cliché in political cartoons, but I couldn’t resist this image. It’s another idea I came up with the night before and that woke me up this morning as even in my sleep, my brain was trying to figure out how to put it together. I have a weird brain.

The thing I love about this is that Democrats are going to get their popcorn and relish the fight between Trump and DeSantis. The only way it’s not going to happen is if one of these racist walking turds chooses not to run for president, so yeah. It’s happening. These egos will collide.

Let’s compare the two men.

On Tuesday night, DeSantis won his reelection and he won big. He won Miami-Dade County, being the first Republican to do so since 2002. Republicans won all the cabinet positions in the state and now have a supermajority in the legislature. Their representation in congress, formerly a 16-11 advantage over Democrats, is now 20-8. Florida is moving further to the right but keep in mind that the state was awarded two new congressional districts from the 2020 census and DeSantis personally rewrote the congressional district map, which a right-wing court went to sleep on. Also, keep in mind that DeSantis’ opponent in his race was the most boring man the Democratic Party could find. It’s almost like they sent Terry McAuliffe down to Florida to run against him, but he looked a lot like Charlie Crist.

But Florida is turning into a fascist Republic that DeSantis says is “where woke goes to die.”

Republicans nationwide are starting to gravitate toward DeSantis. The Facebook page of the right-wing goon cartoonist that I use as a barometer of Republican vile and awfulness posted praise of DeSantis’ “woke” comment and added, “boom,” not really understanding how “boom” is supposed to work. He also added a bit about Florida being for freedom lovers or some shit like that even though he lives in the midwest. But if Florida is where woke goes to die, isn’t that killing freedom? If you understand what woke is, yes. It’s killing freedom.

But, that’s exactly what MAGAts want. Is DeSantis better at MAGAing than Trump?

When you look at the results from Tuesday, DeSantis is the big winner and Trump is the biggest loser. Most of Trump’s candidates lost on Tuesday. So who’s a better choice for MAGA in 2024.

Both men are vile, racist, sexist, homophobic, and just truly deplorable slimy lying human beings. Both men dream of being fascist dictators. But, DeSantis wins and has more discipline. Does this make him the favorite? No, because Republicans are stupid sycophants.

DeSantis is the better choice for the Republican Party over the guy who lost the popular vote in 2016 and 2020 and also lost midterms in 2018 and watched most of his personally-picked goons goes down in 2022. DeSantis has the difficult task before him of convincing sycophants to change their idol worship from Trump to him. Trump doesn’t really have accomplishments or policy positions he can explain, while DeSantis does, but that’s not what the MAGA base wants. The MAGA base wants racist simplistic rhetoric without details, which is where Trump shines. The base never did question while chanting “build the wall” exactly how Trump was going to get Mexico to pay for that wall. They didn’t even ask questions when Trump started to make them pay for it. They don’t even ask questions when a con man gets indicted for swindling them in a build-the-wall pyramid scheme. DeSantis may have to get dumber to win MAGA over Trump.

DeSantis has about a year and a half to do this. He has to beat Trump by being the most racist godawful simplistic goon possible, then run to the center after the primaries because we learned Tuesday night that the majority of America doesn’t want to vote for assholes. Unfortunately for DeSantis, like Trump, he is a HUGE asshole.

What this means for the rest of us… we have to stock up on popcorn. I’m gonna do a mix of movie theater butter and kettle. What’s your popcorn poison?

• Upvote 4

Fuck you Republicans 

71C14C71-C275-4E88-930B-6A58EEC38337.jpeg

• Upvote 10

image.png.0950a5016694afa57d8dd273297f8d9c.png

"Booty Frogs"

Spoiler

The lead editorial in today’s Wall Street Journal calls Trump the Republican Party’s “biggest loser,” pointing out that he lost the 2018 midterms for his party, he lost the 2020 election, he lost two Georgia senate runoffs in 2021, and now he’s a loser in 2022. Don’t forget that when he did “win” the presidency in 2016, he still lost the popular vote. Donald Trump never polled higher than 50 percent while he was president (sic) and hasn’t since he left the White House. The majority of Americans dislike Donald Trump. This is not my opinion, it’s a fact.

The Republicans were promising there would be a red wave and they’d retake the House, Senate, and governorships in record numbers. The red wave didn’t happen. Why? Partly because of Donald Trump and his election lie.

When I heard Trump was going to hold a rally in Pennsylvania for Mehmet Oz, I thought, “YES!”. I knew that would hurt the Oz campaign.

Trump endorsements work in primaries and in Pennsylvania, Trump endorsed the election-denying candidate, snake-oil-peddling Dr. Oz, over the more formidable businessman David McCormick. Oz lost. Holding the late rally right before the election hurt Oz and reminded voters that he was a Trump guy.

The Trump candidate for the New Hampshire senate seat lost by eight points while the Republican candidate for governor, who never bought into Trump’s election lies, won.

Herschel Walker may still win Georgia in a runoff in December, but his numbers were well below Republican governor Brian Kemp.

In my congressional district, Trumper Yesli Vega lost to incumbent Abigail Spanberger, who the GOP heavily targeted. The 7th district in Virginia was considered a bellwether and gave us one of the first results of the night. It turned out to be a bellwether.

The MAGA election-denying candidates for governor and senate in Arizona are currently losing.

MAGA-loving election-denying Lauren Boebert is currently behind in her reelection bid, which will be a huge loss for the congressional Dum-Dum Caucus.

Trump will take credit for the election of J.D. Vance to the Senate, but that was in Ohio where the Democrats gave up, but still could have won. And expect Vance to once again distance himself from Trump. Donald Trump will also take credit for Florida but honestly, that’s all Ron DeSantis who personally re-mapped the congressional districts to elect Republicans. Also, Democrats nominated Charlie Crist for the governorship and Val Demmings for the Senate, which really helped the GOP.

The Republican Party will still stand with Trump, beg for his approval, rush to Mar-a-Lago for photo-ops, fawn all over him, and kiss his huge orange ass despite the fact it hurts them with the American people. America doesn’t like Trump. Get it through your thick stupid heads, Republicans. Or don’t. I’m fine when it comes to politics if you don’t.

But sticking with him hurts the country. These lies and conspiracy theories are destructive. I guess all those memes of hammers and underwear didn’t help you Tuesday night. But then again, you always did put politics, and cult worship, before the country.

The Wall Street Journal wrote, “What will Democrats do when Donald Trump isn’t around to lose elections? We have to wonder because on Tuesday Democrats succeeded again in making the former President a central campaign issue, and Mr. Trump helped them do it.”

Trump’s ego won’t let him go away. As for asking the Republicans to stop fawning all over him, first, they gotta stop enabling his crimes. The Republican Party is stupid enough to nominate Trump again for the presidency in 2024, which he’ll probably announce his campaign for before the end of November.

Republicans, I’m glad you all turned into a bunch of frogs on election night, but I saw your warts a long time ago.

• Upvote 3

My cousin had this on her FB 

6776695E-B957-4162-B204-510FF97A7BB9.jpeg.2ff73b22768fd8e081f1d98c8c77ddfb.jpeg

About right 

• Haha 10
  • Love 1

image.png.7d1bc492efa9b1e8815d78924999f94d.png

"The Morning After Midterms 22"

Near the end of every election, political cartoonists will draw cartoons saying, “Thank God we won’t see any more campaign ads.” Some of the cartoonists who draw these are my friends and people I respect, and I have probably drawn these in the past myself, but I hate them. It’s generic and they kinda both-sides everything. Not all campaign ads are created equal.

I get that one reason they do it is because you have to stop drawing on the election before the election if you draw for newspapers, and you need something else to draw for like two days before the election. Professional political cartoonists have to give their newspaper clients something on the election without knowing the results, or just give them something that’s not on it. Today, several cartoonists who are confused and believe they work for social media will continue to draw election cartoons. You know who you are.

But campaign ads by themselves don’t annoy me. Lying campaign ads annoy me. When I see lies being told about defunding the police, parents’ rights, Critical Race Theory, or even when they go on about real issues like crime, inflation, and gas prices but don’t offer any solutions, that’s when campaign ads annoy me.

When you wake up tomorrow morning, there probably won’t be any more campaign ads, but you’ll still have the Kars-4-Kids ads. You’ll still have commercials of lawyers screaming about Camp LeJeune’s toxic water. You’ll still have Ice-T and Chris Berman trying to sell you car warranty insurance. You’ll still have those vest-wearing gutter fuckers trying to sell you bullshit (climbing ladders is dangerous). Those annoy me more than political campaign ads.

And what annoys me even more than all those commercials combined is the death of democracy. That’s really gonna piss me off.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Thanks for the reminder. I need to put popcorn on the grocery list 

• Haha 5

goodidea.jpg.3a182ec2065d3bc5948f821254e32d96.jpg

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

goodidea.jpg.3a182ec2065d3bc5948f821254e32d96.jpg

And Spox News, newsmax, and ‘truth’ social 

• Upvote 7

FF89AF86-E8D7-4A0F-9EF5-0989E6A3D99F.thumb.jpeg.bd81e0654e00044acad4f44e322e8bc8.jpeg

• Upvote 7

08922903-B1CA-4CD3-9883-98042E94F181.thumb.jpeg.5ceb77f25bf19b8171cfde516fcacab5.jpeg

One on the right is more trustworthy 

• Haha 8

21E998B8-8690-4EA5-A794-7C4F4ABA8151.thumb.jpeg.2f42e8d5f568c6bf3640be6b49136da2.jpeg

• Upvote 6

I sure as hell don’t want Ron DeSatan to run, but it would be awfully funny if he beat Orange Poop Stain to the punch and announce first. Umm no that is to frightening.

• Upvote 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic