IGNORED

2022 Voting Check-In

47of74

I voted today. Many of the local positions didn’t have a democrat to vote for. But that is to be expected, I guess, for a small deeply red area.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Dropped off my ballot in a Dropbox on Friday 

Adding: OneKid voted for the first time today and I’m so proud  🥲 🗳  

It is bittersweet  My mom died three weeks ago and she would have celebrated her granddaughter’s milestone  

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Done and done.  Straight D. 

The front curb of the voting place in my tiny DEEP RED Texas town had 5 Beto signs and no Abbott signs.  That made me smile.

Where you at? I am in DFW!

yes, I voted!

• Upvote 3

Voter turnout in Texas is ATROCIOUS.  Almost nothing above 35%.  Some counties as low as 17%. 

If everyone who is a registered Democrat actually voted, Beto could probably have stomped Abattoir.  

It makes me so mad. :(

Just now, tabitha2 said:

Where you at? I am in DFW!

Two hours east of you in the Piney Woods.  East of Tyler. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

My mom and I voted on my lunch break today! NJ has some House of Reps this year, voted for the Democrat of course. I'm so sick of elections being full of nervousness and nausea. Sick of hearing that the R's could take over anything, ugh.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Destiny said:

Yeah, I looked her up after I said that. I could have sworn that when I looked her up during the first season of the Jan 6th hearings, she was in NoVa. I guess i dreamed that lookup. Or my brain froze. One or the other.

Part of the 2nd District is in Norfolk, so maybe you were reading fast and just sort of blurred 'Norfolk Va together to NoVa? I do things like that all the time because I read entire paragraphs in one gulp and my eyes play tricks on me! :ENVOUTER:

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Sadly, I still this country is heading into the abyss. I don't feel good about this election nationwide. I feel pretty good for my state, but others, not at all. 

I'm feeling pretty apprehensive as well. Luria's numbers are not looking good. :(  But...early numbers from Pennsylvania are showing that John Fetterman is whooping Oz's ass. 😁 I follow PA politics a little since my mom's family is from there, and I cannot STAND Dr Oz. 🤮

• Upvote 3

Oh, I meant to add that we made it home in plenty of time to vote. BUT...we got to our usual polling location and the place was closed! A couple of other people were in the parking lot, and one of them told us that the location had been changed. They had divided it into TWO different locations, but we never got notified of that. So we had to google it, and found it had been moved to a church just down the road. Oddly, that was a location they had used for years before moving it, and I had always liked that one because it was right behind my house and I could walk there, vote, and be home all in five minutes! But anyway, we voted! 😇 

And OMG, it looks like Josh Shapiro is whooping Mastriano in the PA governor's race! I guess being in Q-Anon just isn't working out for you, is it, Doug? :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 7

Just dropped my ballot off. I feel pretty useless here in the San Francisco area, no republican has a chance here anyway.

Somehow after everything I'm still unprepared for the fact that NYT is predicting Warnock to lose to his ridiculous opponent. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Just dropped my ballot off. I feel pretty useless here in the San Francisco area, no republican has a chance here anyway.

Somehow after everything I'm still unprepared for the fact that NYT is predicting Warnock to lose to his ridiculous opponent. 

I was so hopeful earlier when Warnock had such a huge lead over Walker, even though I knew it was very early. And then, just a minute ago, I saw that they're basically tied. Shit shit shit. :bangheaddesk:

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

And OMG, it looks like Josh Shapiro is whooping Mastriano in the PA governor's race! I guess being in Q-Anon just isn't working out for you, is it, Doug? :laughing-rolling:

Called for Josh Shapiro now! Now come on Fetterman! The GA Senate race is freaking me out.

Florida this year...sigh 🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 6

I just want to again say thank you to all of you who post in the Quiver Full of Politics. You keep me grounded. We are all on edge today and I am so appreciative for this place and you people. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

55 minutes ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

Yay! Looks like Dr Oz lost! 

Yup everyone's calling it now. 

And it looks like Georgia might go to a run off again.

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

.... I'm just speechless over Georgia. Herschel Walker? Ugh! 

Right???  How does anyone think, "THAT'S the guy I want helping to run the country!"  much less nearly half the participating voters?  It defies belief.

• I Agree 8

Well, the gerrymandering worked in Virginia's 2nd district. :(  Luria is out. She knew when she requested to be on the January 6th committee that this was likely to happen anyway, especially after we got a Republican governor last year, but redrawing district lines made it almost a done deal from the start. Burns me up that she lost to someone who thinks--or at least pretends to think for political gain--that Donald Trump won in 2020. 😕 

Edited by Loveday
rogue comma
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 8

Still being cautiously optimistic in Arizona. Kelly looks to be the winner over the fascist a-hole Masters. The Lake/Hobbs election is too close to call still, but Hobbs has a slight lead. Enough Democrats look to be elected overall in AZ that even if Lake does win, she can't do too much damage.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I am so relieved at results for the Illinois governor. The MAGA candidate did well enough to keep me nervous for the future, but not well enough to win.

• Upvote 8

31 minutes ago, molecule said:

I am so relieved at results for the Illinois governor. The MAGA candidate did well enough to keep me nervous for the future, but not well enough to win.

Me too! The joke between my friends and I about Bailey... did you know he is a farmer and grows food? Well now he can go back to that!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, keen23 said:

Still being cautiously optimistic in Arizona. Kelly looks to be the winner over the fascist a-hole Masters. The Lake/Hobbs election is too close to call still, but Hobbs has a slight lead. Enough Democrats look to be elected overall in AZ that even if Lake does win, she can't do too much damage.

So disappointed in AZ. I'm thinking if leaving if Hobbs wins. Arizona was a great state when Republicans were in charge. It's turned into a shit hole since democrats gained power. Guess it's tone to move to Florida, Idaho or Utah. The only thing keeping me here is my family. Both my sister and I want to leave. We can't stand it here anymore and we have lived her for 25 years 

• Downvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 6
  • Eyeroll 2

10 minutes ago, Travlr98 said:

Guess it's tone to move to Florida, Idaho or Utah. The only thing keeping me here is my family. Both my sister and I want to leave.

In all seriousness, I hope you two are able to move.

FL is now lost for at least a generation. If you guys move there, you canʻt make it any worse. 

• I Agree 14

8 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

In all seriousness, I hope you two are able to move.

FL is now lost for at least a generation. If you guys move there, you canʻt make it any worse. 

Florida is a great state. They also have a great governor.  

• Downvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 6

I voted, and we had mixed results. Unfortunately Cheri Beasley didn't win - I feel like her campaign was super weak. Her opponent, Ted Budd, had ads everywhere, mailers every day, texts, etc. I saw something from him literally multiple times every day. Cheri Beasley, not so much.

Although I did see lot's of Beasley's face. Because not one of the ads, texts, mailers, etc. that Ted Budd sent out had a single thing on it about his platform. Every single one of them had a big ominously darkened (she's black, read into that what you will) photo of Cheri Beasley and some thing that she apparently did wrong (twisted, inaccurate, or simply a lie, every one). 

As best I can tell, the entirety of his campaign was "don't vote for the scary black lady." 

I'm in the new 14th congressional district and we did manage to elect Jackson, so that was good at least.

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 1

14 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Her opponent, Ted Budd, had ads everywhere, mailers every day, texts, etc. I saw something from him literally multiple times every day. Cheri Beasley, not so much.

I really don't understand this. I understand that I'm probably a weirdo outlier, but I pay zero attention to political advertising (other than presenting a finger at Trump signs when appropriate). I really do not understand how people make up their minds based on spam, be it ads, texts, or whatever else.

All you need to get my vote is have a website where I can read your opinions and obviously share at least a decent majority of my values. Your ads have no power over me! Bwhahahahah.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2