IGNORED

2022 Voting Check-In

47of74

I voted early today since they had an absentee place set up by work. 

Straight fornicating D too.  

Fornicate you, Republicans. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I voted early today since they had an absentee place set up by work. 

Straight fornicating D too.  

Fornicate you, Republicans. 

I work at a library and we have been doing early voting for a few years now. I voted last week, saw there was no line, perfect time for a break to vote! 

Straight D too! I'm in a blue state and I want to keep it that way. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

And here’s my voted sticker. 
C2E59CC3-036C-429C-A3D1-B6F3ADADE008.thumb.jpeg.3d52131249545db841e96ce7fedcb164.jpeg

• Love 4

Voted last Sunday! Doorknocked for the dems and my kid had an amazing time. We are going again on Sunday. Encourage voting friends!

• Upvote 5

I will vote on Tuesday, with a heavy heart.  Straight D.  But none of them are going to win.  I almost decided not to go, but my conscience will not allow me to NOT go vote AGAINST Greg Abattoir.

• Upvote 8

I voted last week. Since Virginia has state and local elections in off years, the only race was for house representative. Since I like my rep and he’s a Dem, I voted for him. 

• Upvote 5

I dropped my mail in ballot off at the secure drop box near me last Tuesday, and got confirmation that it was received. Will get another one after it's counted after the polls close on Election Day. Even though I live in California, I voted Fornicate YES on Prop 1 which protects reproductive choice in the state's constitution and voted a straight Democratic ticket. 

IMG_20220602_195747_857.thumb.jpg.625e8431221d1035283c6594edfd0cd9.jpg

• Upvote 5

On 11/5/2022 at 2:14 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

I dropped my mail in ballot off at the secure drop box near me last Tuesday, and got confirmation that it was received. Will get another one after it's counted after the polls close on Election Day. Even though I live in California, I voted Fornicate YES on Prop 1 which protects reproductive choice in the state's constitution and voted a straight Democratic ticket. 

IMG_20220602_195747_857.thumb.jpg.625e8431221d1035283c6594edfd0cd9.jpg

Me too! Hope Prop 1 is overwhelmingly passed-

• Upvote 2

I've got a six-hour drive ahead of me before I can vote. We're leaving shortly so we make sure we get home well before the polls close. I do not want to miss putting in my vote for Democrat Elaine Luria (January 6 committee member and all-around competent representative) for Virginia. Been hearing rumours that her opponent, who is an election denier, is looking more and more likely to win, so if she does, it will not be because my husband and I did not vote for Luria. Every vote DOES count! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

• Upvote 7

I voted about two weeks ago, by mail - Mom, too.

ETA - straight D - figured it went without saying, but thought I'd make that clear.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Been hearing rumours that her opponent, who is an election denier, is looking more and more likely to win

Wait, WHAT? Isn't she from NoVa where the sane people live? HOW THE FUCK IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT SHE LOSES? I love her and would totally vote for her if i was in her district.

I voted in person today. Straight D, obviously.

• Upvote 5

Voted.  Straight D, which is something I don't typically do but Missouri is a dumpster fire.  Also followed NAACP recommendation and said no on every stupid amendment on our ballot (including marijuana legalization because discrimination language etc involved)

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Wait, WHAT? Isn't she from NoVa where the sane people live? HOW THE FUCK IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT SHE LOSES? I love her and would totally vote for her if i was in her district.

I voted in person today. Straight D, obviously.

I think Luria is from southern, coastal VA. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I think Luria is from southern, coastal VA. 

Yeah, I looked her up after I said that. I could have sworn that when I looked her up during the first season of the Jan 6th hearings, she was in NoVa. I guess i dreamed that lookup. Or my brain froze. One or the other.

• Upvote 3

The fact that smart, educated, hard working, accomplished, sound and balanced candidates like Luria and Kelly might lose, pretty much tells you all you need to know about the USA. Why don’t people want to be led by the best and brightest?  What better candidates could there be? It makes me almost hopeless for our nation. 9:20 Pacific time on Election Day and I haven’t turned on the TV. I went to Mass and the celebrant even spoke about being calm and hopeful today. I’ve been voting for 45 years and the last 3 elections have caused me so much angst. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

I gave my absentee ballot to my cleaning lady to take to the post office on her way home(I think it’s still good as long as it’s postmarked by 9 pm).

Straight D.

• Upvote 8

Dropped my ballot (and my fiance's!) off last Thursday at the secure drop box at our polling place. Voted to hopefully help elect the FIRST female representative to congress from my state. We are currently the only state in the country who has not sent a female to congress, which seems bonkers to me since we are a fairly liberal/progressive state. I mean, we do have Bernie but...it's time to send a woman!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I dropped my ballot off at the Dropbox yesterday. We don't get cool stickers though. I voted for every D possible. Unfortunately some races were only R. I'm in a very red area of a blue state.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 4

Done and done.  Straight D. 

The front curb of the voting place in my tiny DEEP RED Texas town had 5 Beto signs and no Abbott signs.  That made me smile.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Sadly, I still this country is heading into the abyss. I don't feel good about this election nationwide. I feel pretty good for my state, but others, not at all. 

• Sad 3
  • I Agree 5