IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

But it’s what she married, it’s their way  and it’s not going to change for her or anyone.  It’s for the new person to adapt not them. 

Whining how reality is not like a Disney Movie only makes her more ludicrous and be less taken seriously, 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

BBC news had a live feed on it which I had a read through. It doesn't look like there's anything new at all. Mostly Harry and Meghan moaning about the press and thinly veiled jibes about how stuffy the royals are. 

• Upvote 3

I agree, it's not going to change, but I can understand her surprise. The average, modern woman, wouldn't think that the royal protocols follow them into private. I think most people would assume that behind closed doors, the façade drops but that is clearly not the case, which is unfortunate for Meghan, unfortunate for the BRF, and for anyone else involved. It's just not healthy. 

• I Agree 4

10 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Three Democratic Presidents, and Meghan Markle. She's in quite elite company. This is no small honor. She must be overjoyed.

And in the elite company of Taylor Swift.  Don’t forget Taylor Swift!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

But it’s what she married, it’s their way  and it’s not going to change for her or anyone.  It’s for the new person to adapt not them. 

Whining how reality is not like a Disney Movie only makes her more ludicrous and be less taken seriously, 

From the outside, it's tiara-wearing wealth and waving on the balcany. With a few press photos when you are out and about.

From the inside, ti's floods of rude photographers every time you l eave your home. 

None of can know what that's like. It's impossible to know till. you've lived it. 

I also think love can blind you to a lot. If you watch the documentary, this is clearly a couple deeply in love. If you haven't experienced that, you might not understand.

As for whining, she can whine all she likes! It's interesting and it's fun to listen to her. 

She continues to earn a lot of money for her "whining", which means most people agree with me.

You'll be relieved to hear, though, that I watched the first episode and didn't hear a single whine. I do hear a lot of whining here, though. 

You say make this comment a lot--rehash it, so to speak.  Check your intentions. I'd never try to silence a woman--let alone a woman of color--by saying that by expressing her unhappiness, she is  "whining." 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I have not watched - only read about it.

Apparently, Harry says something along the lines of he is the only man in his family to marry for love.  That seems to be a very harsh comment directed at William and Catherine.  IMO, William and Catherine seem to be very loving.  They may not be super touchy feely but they do seem to communicate with their eyes a lot. 

Also, the BBC Martin Bashir interview footage is reused.  William has asked that it never be reaired.  Both sons have said that they believe the interview and the deception used contributed to her death.  It does seem to me kinda icky to use the footage. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/duchess-sussex-joining-royal-family-130043789.html

It seems Royal life was not like a Disney Tween movie! 

A 40 Fucking year old women saying this as well as lying out her Ass again because we know the Queen gives the married ins help from her own staff. Meghan just didn’t listen because she never does. 

I thought she said Fergie helped her with how to curtsy and why couldn’t Harry teach her the anthem?  Did she ask for help? Did he ask for help on her behalf? Didn’t Kate try to tell her about the tights for the flower girls and she wasn’t receptive then complains nobody helps her.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s documentary day! Does everyone have plenty of popcorn? 

So funny you'd watch someone you hate!

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Just now, Heidijoey said:

I thought she said Fergie helped her with how to curtsy and why couldn’t Harry teach her the anthem?  Did she ask for help? Did he ask for help on her behalf? Didn’t Kate try to tell her about the tights for the flower girls and she wasn’t receptive then complains nobody helps her.  

She must have never watched the Olympics/World Cup and wondered why is their National Anthem "My Country Tis of Thee" and did a little bit of research.  I know that was when I found out.  I personally thought it was funny that we (Americans) changed the words to their national anthem... that'll show them for burning down the White House.

• Haha 10

Harry I understand in your mind you are  very special and singular to all who came before and I also understand you aren’t very interested in boring old books and lame things like educating yourself but in your own life time Your own uncles and your own damn brother married commoner women they chose and loved even if some went sour later. 

Before that Your great uncle refused to give up on the women he loved and payed the consequences. 

All through Royal history men have been marrying for love for good or Ill. 

So… you ain’t special shit son. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, catlady said:

And in the elite company of Taylor Swift.  Don’t forget Taylor Swift!!!!!!

To be fair, I think out of all the presidents named and Meghan Markle, Taylor Swift IS the most elite out of the bunch. Midnights (3 am edition) has made me a stan. 😎

21 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

Apparently, Harry says something along the lines of he is the only man in his family to marry for love.  That seems to be a very harsh comment directed at William and Catherine.  IMO, William and Catherine seem to be very loving.  They may not be super touchy feely but they do seem to communicate with their eyes a lot. 

That's such a ridiculous claim to make. The only person in that family that DIDN'T marry for love was his father. Perhaps Anne the first time. But Andrew and Edward clearly loved their wives, even if Andrew got a divorce. Elizabeth clearly loved Philip, considering she married down for him.

As for William... well, that's a little more controversial. I know a lot of people say they're in love, but there are some who believe that William settled. He tried to find a girlfriend in his circle, but all of the girls he knew didn't want to sign up for that lifestyle and turned him down. Apparently that played a huge part into their breakup in 2007 - he wanted to find someone else but was unable to, which is why they reunited. I'm not saying anything either way, but the story that William settled for Kate because she was the only one willing to marry him (because she was desperate for the lifestyle) isn't a new story. 

Regardless of their beginning/middle/end, I do think William and Kate have settled into a comfortable relationship where they are each getting what they need out of the situation and seem happy. 

Just now, tabitha2 said:

So… you ain’t special shit son. 

Werd. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Not everybody who marries necessarily has to be wildly passionately RIP YOUR PANTIES OFF IN LOVE !

In Fact that sort of thing cools quick. But William and Catherine however they began or not are clearly very compatible with same goals for the future of the family and their children. Edward and Sophie are the same. Andrew and Fergie did not stay married but they have always been very close and companionable. 

• Upvote 6

52 minutes ago, viii said:

To be fair, I think out of all the presidents named and Meghan Markle, Taylor Swift IS the most elite out of the bunch. Midnights (3 am edition) has made me a stan. 😎

That's such a ridiculous claim to make. The only person in that family that DIDN'T marry for love was his father. 

His father didn’t marry for love the first time. He clearly loves Camilla.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

His father didn’t marry for love the first time. He clearly loves Camilla.

Sorry, I thought that would have been obvious. 🙄

“Nobody in this family has ever married for love.”

Whatever you think of Charles and Camilla, I can’t imagine the leaps of belief you’d have to make in order to believe that they married for anything BUT true, actual love.

Two thoughts after watching the first episodes:

All evidence is that Diana remained a loyal Royalist to the end. If she were alive, she would probably still be a Royalist because that throne is her oldest son’s.  Harry and Meghan seem to ignore the fact that were Diana alive she would almost certainly still be an ardent Monarchist, as she was her whole life.

Also, this quote from The Crown. Fictional but fitting, I think. “ Theyknow that you're a spoiled, immature man, endlessly complaining unnecessarily, married to a spoiled, immature woman endlessly complaining unnecessarily, and we're all heartily sick of it. All anyone wants is for the pair of you to pull yourselves together. Stop making spectacles of yourselves, and make this marriage and your enormously privileged positions in life work!" (QE2 to Charles)

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

You wanna go there? Because I don’t know I ever hear much love between the Sussex’s… I do see lots of very posed dramatic scenes  and photos out of Hallmark or Cheesy romance Movie and awkward Photos/video of her grabbing on with him looking pained and over it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

You wanna go there? Because I don’t know I ever hear much love between the Sussex’s… I do see lots of very posed dramatic scenes  and photos out of Hallmark or Cheesy romance Movie and awkward Photos/video of her grabbing on with him looking pained and over it. 

Oh, come on. We can snark on H&M all we please but I think it's hard to deny their love. They're clearly in love if you have non-biased eyes. (Perhaps an immature, childish love all the same, but still love.)

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Queen Elizabeth certainly married for love. Her parents weren't all that thrilled with her choice of Philip and took her to South Africa for 6 months before announcing her engagement so that she could think it all over. That's well documented. 

Edward and Sophie seem happy together. There's was clearly a love match. 

Honestly, I'd never really thought William and Kate seemed unhappy until reading it here. Maybe Kate wasn't William's first choice but as far as I can see they seem happy. 

Honestly, we don't really know what's going on with any of them. Just what they want us to know, including Harry and Meghan. They could be madly in love and stay married for the next 50 years or they could split up next year. Who really knows. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Nothing absolutely nothing is their fault you should know that by now.  I haves a sad! People wuz  mean!!  Mean old Granny did not let treat her valued staff member like a servant! How dare I not get the tiara I demand when I demand it! 

• Upvote 4

No. QM at least thought little of the penniless relation with his suitcase and broken family but Wanted a Scottish or English Aristocrat for her girl. 

Honestly, be team H&M or team W&K or neither but for both couples there are tons of photo & video evidence that they are in loving relationships as we speak.

IF William was looking for someone else in 2007, he can‘t have been looking very hard considering that they were back together after about two months, some of which he is said to have spent convincing her that he was serious this time.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I don't know, y'all. I'm about fifteen minutes into the first episode, and already I'm feeling brain cells dying, and my bullshit radar is pinging like mad, and Meghan is seriously acting as if an Academy Award is on the line here.

But...I'll keep slogging on. 🥴

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • Thank You 3

46 minutes ago, sableduck said:

Also, this quote from The Crown. Fictional but fitting, I think. “ Theyknow that you're a spoiled, immature man, endlessly complaining unnecessarily, married to a spoiled, immature woman endlessly complaining unnecessarily, and we're all heartily sick of it. All anyone wants is for the pair of you to pull yourselves together. Stop making spectacles of yourselves, and make this marriage and your enormously privileged positions in life work!" (QE2 to Charles)

I loved that part!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic