IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, viii said:

And I think it’s time to let the narrative of Meghan cutting all friends out of her life die off. This clearly shows she has friends that have been there for ten, twenty, etc years. She’s not burning every bridge, as much as people would like to believe. 

Why would everyone want to believe that? I can understand disliking someone, but I dont' understand actively hoping she'll destroy her life. Especially when there are kids involved. Who'd want Archie and Lilli to have a lonely childhood?

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1

The people of Montecito seem to be committed to helping Harry and Meghan. And ensuring a normal life for the kids. That's great news! It sounds like they'll be happy there. It's nice they are supported. From the local paper:

1714805799_normallife.png.f858102956817c29af37386543e54dbc.png

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

17 hours ago, viii said:

I agree, it's not going to change, but I can understand her surprise. The average, modern woman, wouldn't think that the royal protocols follow them into private. I think most people would assume that behind closed doors, the façade drops but that is clearly not the case, which is unfortunate for Meghan, unfortunate for the BRF, and for anyone else involved. It's just not healthy. 

One would hope that the person you’re dating would prepare you for this as a new person being brought in. I think this is on Harry if Meghan wasn’t prepared. He should have gone over what was expected of her. “Don’t expect to hug my family when you first meet them. They will be formal even when they are at home.” That’s what good partners should do!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, KnittingOwl said:

One would hope that the person you’re dating would prepare you for this as a new person being brought in. I think this is on Harry if Meghan wasn’t prepared. He should have gone over what was expected of her. “Don’t expect to hug my family when you first meet them. They will be formal even when they are at home.” That’s what good partners should do!

Absolutely. And it’s not as if Kate life as royal happened in a bubble. H was there and witnessed how she came into it. I understand why the institution won’t put as much resources in the spouse of No.6 to the throne than they do for a future Queen. But H should have realised what wasn’t done and stepped up. He easily could have asked Kate or Sophie. What about Eugenie? Or staff. Did he just sit around and mopp that no one helped her? Fun fact H: you could have done it…..

watching this- I think they are actually very well suited to this relaxed celebrity life. M looked really in her element. Styled in a good way, Kameras, talking about herself. I don’t mean this in a bad way. In this environment she appears way more likeable than sie did as a royal or philanthropic royal cosplaying celebrity. And she looks really really good. H does ok too. I think though, he is very dependent on this relationship to be and to be viewed as a success from others. I think if he stops with the military focus and rather focuses on his work in Africa, this could be good thing. It has become very clear though that he needs to overcome his paranoia around press intrusion. Not because it’s not still a thing but because it seems to make him erratic and irrational, which is not helpful in dealing with situations. 

• Upvote 14

Yes, Harry totally depends on this realtionship to work because he did not only leave everything else behind but also burned all the bridges. For his sake (abd Archie‘s and Lili‘s) let‘s hope that marriage will always be blessed with happiness.

• Upvote 10

So I haven’t watched the “riveting docuseries” so this is only based off what I read but is their personal footage taken before the Netflix deal was signed?  Like odd personal footage that makes you go “hmm who would record that” almost like they were anticipating it hoping for a deal like this one?  I could be off the mark but there are some things I read that made me question that 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

55 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

So I haven’t watched the “riveting docuseries” so this is only based off what I read but is their personal footage taken before the Netflix deal was signed?  Like odd personal footage that makes you go “hmm who would record that” almost like they were anticipating it hoping for a deal like this one?  I could be off the mark but there are some things I read that made me question that 

Oh, 100%. The minute they stepped away from the royal family, it was clear they were hoping for something like this someday. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Yes, Harry totally depends on this realtionship to work because he did not only leave everything else behind but also burned all the bridges. For his sake (abd Archie‘s and Lili‘s) let‘s hope that marriage will always be blessed with happiness.

Nah, Harry would have a lot of support from his family if his marriage fell apart. He’s close to some of his cousins (York girls), he’s got a relationship with his aunts (Diana’s sisters), and he’s always been close with Charles. Should his marriage end and he wanted to come back to the UK, I think Charles would be very accommodating. Plus, he has plenty of childhood friends that would rally around him. 

There’s more to family than your direct siblings. Harry doesn’t necessarily need William. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like it would also potentially reinforce what the BRF already feels- that everything that has happened has happened because of Meghan (not my perspective, assuming theirs).

When my uncle married, it unfortunately led to a rift in our family, and my dad and uncle didn't speak for about 10 years. Uncle and ex-witch divorced, and my dad and uncle were able to reunite.

(Again, not saying this is the same situation as H&M, just showing how possible it would be for the family to reunite).

I personally think H&M will never split up, even if they are having issues, because neither wouldn't want to come across as failing.

Edited by front hugs > duggs
  • Upvote 5

I also don't see the marriage ending. She would have to be the one to pull the plug, imo. Harry is notoriously stubborn, and he has sacrificed a lot for this marriage. He had William warning him that he was moving too fast, and I can see him hating to acknowledge William being right, so I think he'll dig his heels in as long as possible. Plus, he's a child of a messy divorce, unlike Meghan. Her parents divorce seemed quite amicable. I can see Harry not wanting his children to be raised in a "broken family". 

As for Meghan, I think she does love Harry and what he can provide her, and I think she will stay with him as long as she feels like she is getting something worthwhile out of the marriage. The moment she is unhappy and has found a bigger prospect, I could see her moving on. I'm not sure where else she could go, though. She'd have to find somebody incredibly wealthy to make it worthwhile, because I don't think anyone will bring her the fame that Harry does. 

Luckily, they still seem quite happily in love. Or, as Harry said, their love story is just beginning. 🤣 (As they are, obviously, the first people to fall in love.) 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, viii said:

All right, I’m done. Overall, this seems massively underwhelming. Nothing new was really told. New photos were shown, but stories remained relatively the same. It’s like watching the Finding Freedom book come to life. 

I also thought that they focused a lot more on the institution of the BRF, rather than the family members themselves. Unless the next three episodes drag Charles, William, etc, I think the BRF will be just fine. 

And I think it’s time to let the narrative of Meghan cutting all friends out of her life die off. This clearly shows she has friends that have been there for ten, twenty, etc years. She’s not burning every bridge, as much as people would like to believe. 

“Watching the Finding Freedom book come to life” sums it up pretty well! I do think that Meghan burned a lot of bridges, but she may have repaired some of them since moving to California. In particular, her niece appears in the show, and she and Meghan talk (in separate interviews) about how bad they felt that Meghan didn’t invite her to the wedding because the palace staff thought that it would highlight the fact that Meghan wouldn’t invite her toxic half-sister. However, the part about her estrangement from her father just begged for a journalist to ask some follow-up questions.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, when they talked about her dad, I really wish she would have touched on where they are now in their relationship and what she hopes for the future. She has two children now and I know that with estrangement, sometimes children can soften that. Or, sometimes it can solidify it because you have more to protect. 

• Upvote 4

The hugging.  Why is not wanting to hug someone you just met bad and considered "cold and formal"?   Other than to set up the narrative that Catherine is cold and formal even in private and they could never be friends. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, viii said:

Luckily, they still seem quite happily in love. Or, as Harry said, their love story is just beginning. 🤣 (As they are, obviously, the first people to fall in love.) 

😂😂

This reminds me of the scene in “New Girl” when Winston is attempting to set new loft rules and goes, “Jess and Nick: quit acting like you invented sex!”

• Haha 11

17 hours ago, viii said:

All right, I’m done. Overall, this seems massively underwhelming. Nothing new was really told. New photos were shown, but stories remained relatively the same. It’s like watching the Finding Freedom book come to life. 

I also thought that they focused a lot more on the institution of the BRF, rather than the family members themselves. Unless the next three episodes drag Charles, William, etc, I think the BRF will be just fine. 

Except that the stories were different from Finding Freedom. This is now the third “how we met” story. 

7 hours ago, Heidijoey said:

Right? Because who pauses their boyfriend in the middle of a proposal to take pictures. Also, new proposal story. Along with new “how we met” story. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, TN-peach said:

The hugging.  Why is not wanting to hug someone you just met bad and considered "cold and formal"?   Other than to set up the narrative that Catherine is cold and formal even in private and they could never be friends. 

Except for a very few persons that I love to hug, I don't like giving and recieving hugs. And I don't like the modern expectation to hugging. A lot of people like me don't like their personal space invaded for a lot of reason, but for a person like Kate standing in the public eye especially. Deciding that you can never be friends with a person you just met because they don't hug you like your long last relative is crazy. A friendship is something that needs to grow over time. But maybe thats the difference between american Megan and her british in laws and nothing cold and formal.

• Upvote 16

19 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Except that the stories were different from Finding Freedom. This is now the third “how we met” story. 

Yes, I also thought they were introduced through a friend. Now they've met on Instagram. 

The engagement stories were different as well. The official story was down on one knee in the cottage while roasting a chicken. Now it's proposed out in the gardens with a bunch of fake candles. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, viii said:

Yes, I also thought they were introduced through a friend. Now they've met on Instagram. 

The engagement stories were different as well. The official story was down on one knee in the cottage while roasting a chicken. Now it's proposed out in the gardens with a bunch of fake candles. 

Thank you!!! I knew I'd heard a totally different engagement story but I couldn't remember it. It was in the interview after they got engaged where she said they were roasting a chicken at home and he asked her! I can picture it vividly now - where the heck was the memory hiding before I saw your post? 🤨

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, viii said:

I’m sure they just misremembered. Because it’s perfectly normal to forget your engagement and maybe confuse it with something else. Who doesn’t do that? 
I’m sure our resident troll will be along shortly to explain. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

19 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The Sussexes decided that their children would not have titles. Just as Anne and Edward chose for their kids.

Why would they care if Charles took away their titles? Titles have no use in Montecito, California. If they cared about titles, they'd be in London, where such things matter.

It'd be a happy day in the Sussex homes if Charles took away their titles.

I disagree.  If their titles meant so little to them, we wouldn't have them flashed in our faces every time their names are mentioned.  Don't try to tell me they are trying to suppress that.  We know titles have no use in Montecito, but they don't seem to.

Also, I am not so sure they are fantastically rich.  Yes, they started out with what looks like an unending mountain of money, but if you don't keep replenishing that mountain it dwindles a hell of a lot faster than most people realize.  I know this from personal experience.

Edited by SoSoNosy
  • Upvote 8

52 minutes ago, viii said:

Like all liars, they'd be much better off simply shutting up and moving on with life.  If you can't remember how you met (I still remember first meeting Mr. Flan when we were four year olds), your engagement, etc., when it's only been a few years, then how can they expect us to believe one word of anything else they say?  

I'm not saying some of what they've said might be true, but it's far too hard to try to sift through their history at this point.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

They've beaten the drum quite a bit about Archie being a prince and then Lili being a princess.  For some tangled reason they have mistaken belief that those titles go with security.  

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic