IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

54 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Pretty unlikely Charles will take anything away. . It would be a huge public relations disaster. Besides, the Palace wants Harry to return (cha-ching!). It won't ever happen, but they'd love it if he came back. They need him far more than he needs them.

The delusion is strong with this one.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

It’s fascinating though to see Jacksie get more and more unhinged and how she manages such creative mental gymnastics to defend her Personal deity’s. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I have to leave for the afternoon, dammit!  So I'll make it short.

I honestly couldn't care less how much money H&M go through, but spending $5,000 for a maternity dress to appear on Oprah after declaring she would be having no more children is always the first thing that pops into my mind.  If I never heard either of their names again, I'd be fine, but it's just so much fun to hang out over here and watch Jackie get more and more outrageous by the word.

Y'all carry on and I'll catch up when I can!  Smooches!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

On 12/9/2022 at 2:42 PM, viii said:

Nah, Harry would have a lot of support from his family if his marriage fell apart. He’s close to some of his cousins (York girls), he’s got a relationship with his aunts (Diana’s sisters), and he’s always been close with Charles. Should his marriage end and he wanted to come back to the UK, I think Charles would be very accommodating. Plus, he has plenty of childhood friends that would rally around him. 

There’s more to family than your direct siblings. Harry doesn’t necessarily need William. 

If this married ends while the children are still living at home and PH decides to move back to join he fold he would most definitely loose all the good will I have for him. Those children deserve to be their parents priority and not to live an 8+h flight away. H is rich. He can easily afford to be there for the boring ordinary parenting and only jet back occasionally.

45 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

I have to leave for the afternoon, dammit!  So I'll make it short.

I honestly couldn't care less how much money H&M go through, but spending $5,000 for a maternity dress to appear on Oprah after declaring she would be having no more children is always the first thing that pops into my mind.  If I never heard either of their names again, I'd be fine, but it's just so much fun to hang out over here and watch Jackie get more and more outrageous by the word.

Y'all carry on and I'll catch up when I can!  Smooches!

To be fair, Kate went through 3 maternity wardrobes. She got tons of criticism for it. Especially in her third pregnancy. I don’t think there were more than 5 repeats over all (and I only can come up with three I really remember). Buying crazy expensive pieces to wear them once is a privilege of the rich. But whining about money while doing so is pretty stupid….

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5

I won‘t criticize any mom to be for her maternity shopping (although they both spent a lot). Accepting everything that comes with pregnancy and motherhood is hard. I realize most women would not be able to afford their dresses but still, if a dress makes you feel good about your pregnant body and you have the money, I won‘t judge.

Would be nice though, if they gave them to a pregnant friend / sister or someone afterwards. I honestly don‘t follow Pippa Matthews enough to know whether Kate did and I guess it would go unnoticed if Meghan‘s friend wasn‘t a heavily photographed person.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s fascinating though to see Jacksie get more and more unhinged and how she manages such creative mental gymnastics to defend her Personal deity’s. 

oh, come on. If it was prince Charles being criticized, you’d be doing the same. 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

5 hours ago, viii said:

oh, come on. If it was prince Charles being criticized, you’d be doing the same. 😂

I'm sorry, I thought that was aimed at me and I needed to correct the misconception.  It wasn't, carry on.

I honestly didn't pay any attention to either lady's maternity wear; the only one that I noticed the price of was that particular dress because that was when Harry was so indignant that Dad cut him off.  When they had announced that they planned to become financially independent.  I've been around the block, I know how long money lasts/doesn't last, and that dress was staring me in the face.

Edited by SoSoNosy
  • Upvote 5

Kate wore a lot of the same brand my daughter did.  The clothes were less than $100 per dress or pants.

• Upvote 7

No, it was for @tabitha2 and her PC love. We all got a famous person we go to bat for. I guess Meghan is @Jackie3’s. 

The cost of her dress was ridiculous and it was fucking ugly. It looked like a bird took a massive dump on her shoulder. Which is a shame, because I normally like her style. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Kate wore a lot of the same brand my daughter did.  The clothes were less than $100 per dress or pants.

That I can confirm, although they do sell higher-priced items as well. I bought Seraphine, too. I was so disappointed in many other maternity wear brands because it all looked so ugly. I am now keeping my favourites that don‘t scream pregnant and sold everything else as a summer pregnancy bundle online.

30 minutes ago, viii said:

I guess Meghan is @Jackie3’s. 

What a wild guess! 😉

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Started watching the "documentary."

OMFG. It is so embarrassingly bad. Not sure if I can finish even one episode. "Cringe" is the verb of the day.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

21 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That appears to be a memorial or remembrance service - when was it? The reason for the repeat colors is that only a few colors are suitable for royal mourning, including, oddly enough, purple. Supposedly there’s a weird unspoken rule that they usually don’t wear the same color unless they’re deliberately coordinating. I wonder who told Meghan about it.

Commonwealth Day 2019. Not mourning. And purple is not a mourning color. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

And purple is not a mourning color. 

Purple is very much a mourning color. In times past, certain shades of purple indicated 'half mourning,' a period of time after the first months or year after the death occurred. Widows and other close family members would wear either deep shades of purple or lighter lavender to indicate they were still in mourning but were slowly starting to resume their social obligations. In some countries today purple is more of a mourning color than black.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

On 12/9/2022 at 9:37 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

“Watching the Finding Freedom book come to life” sums it up pretty well! I do think that Meghan burned a lot of bridges, but she may have repaired some of them since moving to California. In particular, her niece appears in the show, and she and Meghan talk (in separate interviews) about how bad they felt that Meghan didn’t invite her to the wedding because the palace staff thought that it would highlight the fact that Meghan wouldn’t invite her toxic half-sister. However, the part about her estrangement from her father just begged for a journalist to ask some follow-up questions.

So the palace is responding quickly and the way they always do- through sources.

TL/dr

Meghan apparently chose herself not to invite the niece because she did not want the girl to suffer the publicity. I do not understand why she would blame it on the palace. In fact, the palace’s version shines a very positive light on Meghan. 

Some of Harry’s comments about choosing a wife read to William like a slam on his own marriage.

Meghan was given a dossier with a full guide to royal life and there was “intense” prep for everything. Harry’s private secretary was apparently the one in charge of her prep. 

And apparently Harkles are ready to put this behind them and “move on”… until the book next month.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Started watching the "documentary."

OMFG. It is so embarrassingly bad. Not sure if I can finish even one episode. "Cringe" is the verb of the day.

It's tied for last on my watch list.  I finished everything but those two yesterday and being Sunday morning with nothing new added, I guess I'll let it play while I pack.  

May H&M truly be ready to put the past in the past and shut up.  They only make themselves look worse every time they try to "set things straight."  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

It's tied for last on my watch list.  I finished everything but those two yesterday and being Sunday morning with nothing new added, I guess I'll let it play while I pack.  

May H&M truly be ready to put the past in the past and shut up.  They only make themselves look worse every time they try to "set things straight."  

Just skip altogether. The more views they get the more stupid reality shows we get.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Purple is very much a mourning color. In times past, certain shades of purple indicated 'half mourning,' a period of time after the first months or year after the death occurred. Widows and other close family members would wear either deep shades of purple or lighter lavender to indicate they were still in mourning but were slowly starting to resume their social obligations. In some countries today purple is more of a mourning color than black.

We have not seen it used by the BRF in any recent time. Black and navy are the colors they used for all recent mourning periods. As such, that was not an explanation for both the late Queen and Camilla wearing purple at an event. And they weren’t mourning anyone in 2019 nor is the annual Commonwealth Day service an occasion of mourning. I did not even consider sharing a photo of the family at funerals and memorials all in black because, surprisingly enough, I am aware that that’s for mourning and would be an exception if any rules about not matching colors existed. The reality is they don’t. And M made up a story. As usual. 

I distinctly remember reading about all the preparation Diana went through to become Charles' wife. She was already an aristocrat, and yet the Queen Mother took her in at one point and taught her what she needed to know.

I realize that Harry is a step or two down the ladder from William, who now holds the title of PoW as his father did when he first married.

However, Meghan was an American, not expected to know any royal protocols in the least. SOMEBODY had to teach her, and I'm betting it was nobody's "personal secretary".. It was another royal. I've seen Sophie Wessex's name listed. That makes sense to me. Sophie is a Countess. Megan would outrank her upon her marriage. Therefore, Sophie could tell her things without threatening her.

My thought is that Meghan simply refused to listen, because she was going to singlehandedly change the behavior of the BRF.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

I thought purple was the liturgy color for Anglican funerals. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

However, Meghan was an American, not expected to know any royal protocols in the least. SOMEBODY had to teach her, and I'm betting it was nobody's "personal secretary".. It was another royal. I've seen Sophie Wessex's name listed. That makes sense to me. Sophie is a Countess. Megan would outrank her upon her marriage. Therefore, Sophie could tell her things without threatening her.

My thought is that Meghan simply refused to listen, because she was going to singlehandedly change the behavior of the BRF.

The funny thing here is that Megan studied International Relations in college with the goal to work as a diplomat for the US before switching career goals to acting. If she had become that, following certain protocols would be part of that job. And no diplomatic protocol involves hugging people you just met.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have never done a deep dive into Harry and Meghan. For some unknown reason, I just haven’t been interested. Without any preconceived notions, except that I know people either love or hate Meghan, I watched the first episode on Netflix. I found both of them to be utterly charming and engaging. So I came here to see what people have to say about them because I’ve never read this thread about them. I read all the way through just this thread(12) and I was shocked about the universal dislike for them. I just finished the next two episodes and I found them interesting and informative. I think I need to read more examples about what a narcissistic liar Meghan is and what a dull oaf Harry is before I decide. The biggest lie in this thread was that Harry and Meghan had conflicting ideas about when Lilibet started walking and that hasn’t given me enough reason to vilify them yet.

• Upvote 4

I want to like them because they do usually present themselves in a good light. Unfortunately, after years of following them, you start to see a pattern with them and one of the patterns is that their stories usually change/don’t line up. 

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic