IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

Whenever I read posts saying someone should keep quiet about their family or get over whatever wrongs have been done, I can’t help but think: Dang. You must have a nicer family of origin than mine. 

We are neither rich nor famous and our livelihoods certainly don’t depend on each other. But we have had our fair share of petty arguments and feuds and drama and misunderstandings and expert level shade tossed around. There is also a lot of kindness and caring and generosity. I do love my peeps.

I’m just saying that when there is a problem, none of us go quietly. We mouth off when want, how we want. Yeah it’s immature and not always productive and sometimes apologies are necessary. But I would never dream of expecting them to keep quiet about anything nor would I expect them to view the world the way I do. We argue over events in our childhood but there is no expectation that the arguments will ever be resolved. It’s hilarious like that.

Anyway.

Reading these threads about the BRF makes me sad the level of pressure these people are under (all of them). It also makes me sad how they limit themselves in terms of growth. If all the focus is on tradition and protocol, then any little change becomes difficult and painful. There is a balance in there somewhere.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Grandma D said:

Meghan is a very clear narcissist and she found in Harry a very unhappy man who she was able to manipulate emotionally and who was also a means for her to get the kind of attention she continually craves, as dysfunctional as it always is. 

Diagnosing over the internet is a wonderful skill. Even mental health practitioners need months to make an Axis II diagnosis, and you did it all online, through photos and TV interviews.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Bingo. That’s why I must question the claims of them being “clearly in love”

Why does it matter if they are in love or not? Does it prove something?

Personally, I have no idea, I'd have to be inside their head. However, I care about their two little chldren, so I hope they are. Children always do better in an atmosphere of love.

In contrast, you hope the two little kids will grow up with parents who don't love each other. Why? 

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Nothing absolutely nothing is their fault you should know that by now.  I haves a sad! People wuz  mean!!  Mean old Granny did not let treat her valued staff member like a servant! How dare I not get the tiara I demand when I demand it! 

Interesting comment. 

I think you've mentioned the tiaras more than anyone in the BRF. I didn't hear Meghan mention it once during the entire three hours (not quite finished with episode 3, so it may still happen).

I don't think tiaras are as important as you think they are. Diana had plenty, and it didn't make her happy.

• Move Along 3

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

So… you ain’t special shit son. 

This would delight Harry, if he ever read here.  The last thing he wants is to be special.

If he wanted to be special, he'd have stayed in England . 

In England, he'd have gotten cheers for cutting a ribbon. He'd be applauded for waving at a crowd. He could stand on the balcony and be adored. He clearly didn't value that kind of stuff.  So he moved to California, where nobody would think to do such things.

Your comment would make him very happy!! It's jus what he wants.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Thank you for taking one for the team. 

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you look at it. LOL), I've given up for now.😳 But I'll get back to it later this evening, I think. Gird my loins, so to speak, once more unto the breach, something like that. 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I'm starting to doubt the tiara story. They've spoken about everything else. If she was denied a tiara, I feel like she would have said that by now. 

9 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you look at it. LOL), I've given up for now.😳 But I'll get back to it later this evening, I think. Gird my loins, so to speak, once more unto the breach, something like that. 😆

I just ordered a pizza and I'm getting ready to leave work. Can't wait to put on my Christmas PJ's and watch some terrible TV 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I think if there is no way they can spin the tiara story to make them look good or too many people know the truth, they would keep quiet.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

So funny you'd watch someone you hate!

I have never, ever said that I hated her. I like and feel sympathetic towards her, despite various issues with her behavior. Also, this is a snark board. Watching people we don’t like is what we do here. 

• Upvote 13

18 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I think the Palace would release them in a blink of the eye, if they had something against Meghan. Especially given all that's coming out about the Palace right now, they'd love a distraction. So when is this mystery staffer going to speak?

Actually the two most recent staffers are here in the US. It is interesting how these two cannot keep staff.

The BFR may saving that staffer powder for if they really need it. No reason to stoop so low unless they have to stoop into the muck with the Harkles.

• Upvote 5

59 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I have never, ever said that I hated her. I like and feel sympathetic towards her, despite various issues with her behavior. Also, this is a snark board. Watching people we don’t like is what we do here. 

Because it's fun to bash them, I see. 

• Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think if there is no way they can spin the tiara story to make them look good or too many people know the truth, they would keep quiet.

I am sure there is a tiara story; that was talked about when everything was still sweetness and light among them all.  It will remain a myth because there were so few people actually involved, and the major proponent for "the other side" is dead now; nobody would stand for her name to be smirched in this story.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

42 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

That is the whole point of free jinger. This is not a fan site. So don’t act be such a flipping fan girl. That is not why we are here. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

You seem to think it's fun to bash other members of the BRF and other posters here so you have no position for a complaint.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

You seem to think it's fun to bash other members of the BRF and other posters here so you have no position for a complaint.

Jackie’s whole purpose is to complain. It must be exhausting.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Jackie’s whole purpose is to complain. It must be exhausting.

If you find typing your opinion into a computer to be exhausting, you should find some other sort of "entertainment." That is, if picking apart a young black woman is entertainment to you.

• Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Diana would presumably still be living in Britain adoring her grandchildren and even given she  liked being the center of everyone’s attention and her sometimes jealous insecure ways  having a decent relationship with Kate. Yeah. She would not approve of Harry and his wife right now. 

If Diana didn't like Meghan, I suspect she'd keep it to herself. That is what good MILs do.

And I'll bet Harry would know you can't always please your parents. It's not healthy to try! That's what separating in adolescence is all about. So I'm sure he'd have married Meghan with or without Diana's approval. A man who fought in two wars is not likely to be a mama's boy. 

I'm not sure why it's a crime to "like being the center of attention." Some people are like that. I hate it myself, but if Diana liked it, so what? Frankly, none of the royals seem to enjoy the constant media attention except Kate, who seems to love it. Again, that's OK, that's the way she is. You do you, Kate!

I hope she keeps the kids out of the limelight, though. They seem scared and overwhelmed by the dozens of cameras pointing at them.

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 4

28 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

That is the whole point of free jinger. This is not a fan site. So don’t act be such a flipping fan girl. That is not why we are here. 

So  the point is not intelligent discussion? That explains a lot.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

If he strips them of their titles the minute he is king, he has my full support.

The Sussexes decided that their children would not have titles. Just as Anne and Edward chose for their kids.

Why would they care if Charles took away their titles? Titles have no use in Montecito, California. If they cared about titles, they'd be in London, where such things matter.

It'd be a happy day in the Sussex homes if Charles took away their titles.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, viii said:

I think they also care less in a way about their image than the palace does, because unlike the BRF, their futures aren't resting on public approval. Hated or loved, either way they're given attention, which equals making money.

They don't seem to care at all about their image. They are young, healthy, fantastically rich, with lovely kids, great jobs,  interesting friends and a beautiful home. They'll have these things whether or not they have a "good image." They can go on their podcast and say whatever they want. Nothing will happen.

In contrast, the Cambridges desperately need a good image and must spend huge amounts of time fawning over the public to maintain it. They are out in the rain, shaking hands with Yorkshiremen. They are in Oxford to open a hospital, surrounded by clicking cameras. They are watching the news, hoping for a good story about Kate's dress.

They are dressing their grieving children in black so the public can see the "line of continuity" during Granny's funeral. If Charlotte is overwhelmed and burst into tears, if George looks overwhelmed and scared, too bad!. These kids don't have the protection the Sussexes give their kids. The nation must see the line of continuity, so they'll believe in the monarchy.

• Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

All right, I’m done. Overall, this seems massively underwhelming. Nothing new was really told. New photos were shown, but stories remained relatively the same. It’s like watching the Finding Freedom book come to life. 

I also thought that they focused a lot more on the institution of the BRF, rather than the family members themselves. Unless the next three episodes drag Charles, William, etc, I think the BRF will be just fine. 

And I think it’s time to let the narrative of Meghan cutting all friends out of her life die off. This clearly shows she has friends that have been there for ten, twenty, etc years. She’s not burning every bridge, as much as people would like to believe. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

So  the point is not intelligent discussion? That explains a lot.

Various people have differing opinions of intelligent discussion.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

If you find typing your opinion into a computer to be exhausting, you should find some other sort of "entertainment." That is, if picking apart a young black woman is entertainment to you.

Correction mixed race woman who isn't a bit more saintly or untouchable than any of us other mixed race women.  I still have no idea why you are fixated on defending any and all behaviors of Harry and Meghan while viewing almost all other wealthy person in the world as dog turds. Would they be so saintly if they'd stayed as working royals in the UK and would you have given them the same criticisms as the rest of the BRF?  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic