IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Great points!

Nothing wrong with making money, of course. Financially, Harry and Meghan came out far better than the Tindalls. They don't have to ask for their allowance from the King, they are in control of their own destiny. They don't have to hide their wealth or pretend they don't have it. Plus, they can wear what they want!

I understand Mike Tindall just finished participating in some survival reality show. Can you imagine the blowback if Meghan had done that? I have a feeling you'd be disgusted by the hypocrisy, so would I.  🤣.   😄

At the moment Harry and Megan only have their one story to tell and tell them and tell them and tell them continuously. They aren't trying to find their path after they left the family business without selling their past in said family business out to the max. People are getting tired more and more after they always tell the same story. If they don't find something to make them relevant for their own they will fade into obscurity. I can both of them see participating in a celebrety reality show in 10 years when no one is anymore interested in them and selling the last bits of their indentity of being former working royals for 5 minutes of fame and a paycheck.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

On 12/6/2022 at 7:01 AM, tabitha2 said:

They have the same one note tired storyline  rehashed over and over for years now.  Its all just appealing  to unstable obsessive creepy Sussex Squad people and the  tabloids now and that’s nothing to be proud about. 

Well, many people are enjoying this tired rehashed storyline. The Sussexs are winning award after award! How nice she is getting recognition for her podcast.

It's so funny that the. media predicted  the podcast would "never get done"--and here it is getting an award. It's #15 on Spotify rankings as well. I guess listeners are sticking with her, despite predictions they'd just listen for an episode or two for the novelty. No, people love it! 

318113457_10160224870292357_7740835964633860873_n.jpg.de5b54d9fb931febbf9b2dd1824ea96f.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

These kinds of articles make me cringe for the entire BRF. Just, yuck. It’s a very hierarchical structure with person (or people) at top making all the calls with the press. If you happen to be at the bottom of the hierarchy and are not treated respectfully (which Diana was not at the beginning), and then you act out by…wait for it…going to the press…then you will be called out by the hierarchy who want to control the press narrative. It’s pretty grotesque.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Not a great source.  An 82-year old man who loved the Queen, a royalist, talking about something that happened 25+ years ago. Yahoo News built a story around this, because they make money from stories about the Sussexs. 

With that said, I would have been surprised if Diana never gave an interview with the press.  Why shouldn't she have talked to the press if she wanted to? Does that mean she was at fault for the paparazzi's intrusions--that's quite a leap. 

I am sure Harry (and William) were traumatized by the press following them around. Any child would be. Look at the little Cambridges, they always seem overwhelmed at scared at events --with cameras flashing at them. And those are controlled events, where their parents are protecting them. Harry and William's situation was far more chaotic.

"George! George! Look this way!" This little guy looks terrified.

1178882300_georgescared.png.9772296c60072b36ba2c15a06a28530f.png

• Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 12/6/2022 at 10:35 AM, Loveday said:

Totally agree, but you just know that multiple millions of people are going to watch this who aren't obsessive creeps. Just curious people who don't feel like watching Gilmore Girls or Derry Girls or anything by Ricky Gervais (now you know what I watch on Netflix these days! LOL) and have already watched Season 5 of The Crown, so ooh, here's something that might be fun to watch, and it's got British people in it! Royal British people!  Now, whether all those people will stick with it through the entire miniseries is debatable--it really IS a one note, tired storyline, isn't it? 

Of course, the snarkers will be out i

n full force watching it. You know...us. 😆 You can be sure I'LL be watching, just for the snark factor!

I'm sure there's one person, though, who will watch with breathless excitement and intensity, taking copious notes in order to prove to all us haters how downtrodden and put-upon Harry and Meghan really are, and how they of all the royals deserve our deep respect and unquestioning support. 😏

What the everloving hell are these two going to talk about for six hours on Netflix? Also, the two recent separations by their key staff is certainly interesting and  Meghan's poor treatment of staff in the UK may also be surfacing again. A former staffer there is asking the palace to release them from their NDA....

• Upvote 9

23 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

What the everloving hell are these two going to talk about for six hours on Netflix? Also, the two recent separations by their key staff is certainly interesting and  Meghan's poor treatment of staff in the UK may also be surfacing again. A former staffer there is asking the palace to release them from their NDA....

Themselves. Over and over again. Ad nauseum. It will make for riveting television, I'm sure! 😏😆

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

What the everloving hell are these two going to talk about for six hours on Netflix? 

I dunno, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow 🤣

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The Sussexs are winning award after award!

and here it is getting an award.

318113457_10160224870292357_7740835964633860873_n.jpg.de5b54d9fb931febbf9b2dd1824ea96f.jpg

What “awards” are they winning?  You claim that this is the case, implying that there’s a whole list of them, and yet the only one you back up is this one^^.
What the everloving fuck is a “Pop Podcast” and why should I give a shit?  What else have they won?  If it weren’t for this thread, I’d have no idea that the podcast or the award even existed, so they certainly have not turned either into a household name.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I tried to find what the criteria are for consideration for receiving a Ripple of Hope award, but came up empty.  I did find that Taylor swift got one in 2012.

to be fair, other recipients have included the last three Democratic Presidents, so there’s quite a range.

Edited by catlady
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I think the Palace would release them in a blink of the eye, if they had something against Meghan. Especially given all that's coming out about the Palace right now, they'd love a distraction. So when is this mystery staffer going to speak?

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, catlady said:

I tried to find what the criteria are for consideration for receiving a Ripple of Hope award, but came up empty.  I did find that Taylor swift got one in 2012.

to be fair, other recipients have included the last three Democratic Presidents, so there’s quite a range.

Three Democratic Presidents, and Meghan Markle. She's in quite elite company. This is no small honor. She must be overjoyed.

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

8 hours ago, catlady said:

What “awards” are they winning?  You claim that this is the case, implying that there’s a whole list of them, and yet the only one you back up is this one^^.
What the everloving fuck is a “Pop Podcast” and why should I give a shit?  What else have they won?  If it weren’t for this thread, I’d have no idea that the podcast or the award even existed, so they certainly have not turned either into a household name.

Did you read the papers today? Meghan and Harry were in NYC to receive the Ripple of Hope Award. It's a huge honor. Barack Obama won it. So did Dr. Fauci. Volodymyr Zelensky won it last night, alongside of Meghan and Harry. They were treated as peers with Zelensky, and fawned over.

It was a black tie, glamorous affair, full of celebrities. It's in the news everywhere.  A tremendously prestigious award. Like it or not, they are certainly a household name at this point. 

That's two awards, back to back, in one evening. That's what I meant by "award after award."

It seems to have upset you. IF you don't care about the awards, that's OK. Lots of other people do!!!

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/5/2022 at 12:31 PM, prayawaythefundie said:

🤣 Sure, honey, you keep telling that to yourself because you might actually believe it. 

There are teams of marketing people who decide on release dates. It's very carefully planned, as  it affects things like Q4 profits and shareholder reports. It's the essence of naivete that Netflix would change it on a whim of Harry's. Netflix is the payer, they make the rules.

It makes perfect sense that Netflix would release a trailer when a royal is in town. And just before the book release. It makes them more money that way. They'd be stupid to release the trailer during a lazy week in July. They're making the choice that will make them more money, since obviously they want to recoup the money they gave to the Sussexs.

I hope this has helped you understand a little better how corporations make their decisions. I think you didn't think it through.

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

11 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

A former staffer there is asking the palace to release them from their NDA....

I hope the palace won‘t be that stupid. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s documentary day! Does everyone have plenty of popcorn? 

Yes! I even picked up dill pickle seasoning for mine 😋

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Harry you grew up to be a spiteful hypocritical spoiled Ass of a man and I think your mother would now truly be ashamed of you. She loved your brother as much as she loved you, knew your father as good dad who really tried to be a different  kind of Royal father and your Grandparents  loved you as well.  

What you and your wife are doing won’t make you feel better or make you justified and This is not what she would have wanted at all. I  just don’t believe she ever had as much hate in heart as you seem to. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s documentary day! Does everyone have plenty of popcorn? 

I have the popcorn, but dammit, I don't have much time, I'm going out of town for a few days tomorrow and am busy packing and whatnot. Ugh. Will try to fit in at least one or two episodes at some point today, though. Let the melodrama begin! :doh::violin:

• I Agree 1

That's how I am - short on time but a plethora of popcorn! I'll watch some after work, although season 4 of Too Hot to Handle DID just drop... #priorities 🤣

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, viii said:

That's how I am - short on time but a plethora of popcorn! I'll watch some after work, although season 4 of Too Hot to Handle DID just drop... #priorities 🤣

My favorite part.... "what?! I'm on a show with other good looking people and we aren't allowed to touch.  why I have never heard of that!" look on their faces when it announced.  Apparently they haven't heard of the show before 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 2

https://www.yahoo.com/news/duchess-sussex-joining-royal-family-130043789.html

It seems Royal life was not like a Disney Tween movie! 

A 40 Fucking year old women saying this as well as lying out her Ass again because we know the Queen gives the married ins help from her own staff. Meghan just didn’t listen because she never does. 

• Upvote 8

I don't think it's all lies. We have heard before that the royal family is formal behind doors, even though a lot of people think they shouldn't be. It blows my mind that even away from public eye, people are expected to curtsy/bow to one another, based on rank, even just around a casual family dinner. No wonder so many royal members are unsettled when it comes to their roles. And this is not a criticism of just today's royal family - this has been an issue that has plagued the BRF for literally hundreds of years. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic