IGNORED

Seriously Steve 4: Judging and Hating

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Wow. Tell me your masculinity is fragile without saying your masculinity is fragile.

I agree.  And it was wrong to ask the man why he was carrying it.  It's none of his business.  His wife should have stepped in and said "He's probably carrying it for his kid.  Mind your own business."  Boundaries, Steve.  You're never too old to learn boundaries.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

9 hours ago, theologygeek said:

I agree.  And it was wrong to ask the man why he was carrying it.  It's none of his business.  His wife should have stepped in and said "He's probably carrying it for his kid.  Mind your own business."  Boundaries, Steve.  You're never too old to learn boundaries.  

Steve is so obnoxious and arrogant: he is always looking to "engage" which means sharing the Gospel according to Steve.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

If Steve had ever carried his child’s stuffed animal, he’d be afraid his dick would fall off.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Hane said:

If Steve had ever carried his child’s stuffed animal, he’d be afraid his dick would fall off.

His minuscule member is in danger almost constantly.   What a sad and sorry life he has chosen.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 12/22/2023 at 11:56 PM, BeautifulSquirrelhood said:

The phrase “stuffed play raccoon,” though. 

When you're not great at wording things, but you're quick enough to realize that if you say "stuffed raccoon" somebody is going to think taxidermy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

I wonder if Steve is ever pleasant ? He is such a Debbie Downer (do we have a male equivalent)? He's so insistent that we're on a slide towards hell. He never writes anything about the joy of being a Christian , the beauty of Christmas, the love of Christ. It's always doom and gloom. No wonder the girls look so happy being away from home.

• Upvote 10

9 minutes ago, anniebgood said:

I wonder if Steve is ever pleasant ? He is such a Debbie Downer (do we have a male equivalent)? 

I proprose the male version of Debbie Downer is "A Steve Maxwell."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, anniebgood said:

I wonder if Steve is ever pleasant ? He is such a Debbie Downer (do we have a male equivalent)? He's so insistent that we're on a slide towards hell. He never writes anything about the joy of being a Christian , the beauty of Christmas, the love of Christ. It's always doom and gloom. No wonder the girls look so happy being away from home.

Santa needs to put some Zoloft in his stocking.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Back in the late ‘90s, my daughter and her college friends used Winnie-the-Pooh characters to indicate personality archetypes: Eeyore for depressives, Tigger for ADHD, Winnie for cheery people, Owl for pedants, and so on.

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Hane said:

Back in the late ‘90s, my daughter and her college friends used Winnie-the-Pooh characters to indicate personality archetypes: Eeyore for depressives, Tigger for ADHD, iWinnie for cheery people, Owl for pedants, and so on.

I remember when people would diagnose them based on the DSM. So piglet had Anxiety Disorder, Eeyore had Depression, Tigger had ADHD, Rabbit had OCD, Owl was a bit of a narcissist, but I don’t remember Pooh’s diagnosis. I don’t think he had one. 
PSA: I hope this doesn’t offend. It was just stupid teenage stuff people did before social media and smart phones.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

On 12/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, Granwych said:

His minuscule member is in danger almost constantly.   What a sad and sorry life he has chosen.

I wonder if his fragile masculinity had a hand in the vasectomy reversal?

He framed it as "following God" of course and makes a big deal about it, but I kind of wonder if the thought of "shooting blanks" made him feel less "manly" somehow. Or maybe Teri, being overwhelmed and depressed, might have used his religious obsessions to turn him down for sex once (because it wasn't procreative, you know) so he reversed the vasectomy to eliminate that excuse.

I think there are probably a multitude of reasons.

Steve is a complex bundle of neurosis, I think. He and Teri both would have benefited much more from good therapists than from turning to the Bible. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

6 hours ago, Hane said:

Back in the late ‘90s, my daughter and her college friends used Winnie-the-Pooh characters to indicate personality archetypes: Eeyore for depressives, Tigger for ADHD, Winnie for cheery people, Owl for pedants, and so on.

From the NIH website, no less!  Pathology in the Hundred Acre Wood

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC80580/

• Thank You 2

Today is John and Chelsy's 6th wedding anniversary.  Amazing in that time frame Anna and Mary transformed from this:

IMG_8751.jpg

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Today is John and Chelsy's 6th wedding anniversary.  Amazing in that time frame Anna and Mary transformed from this:

IMG_8751.jpg

That's not even a good "before" pic to go with. Those knit dresses Chelsy chose were trendier and sleeker than most of what they wore in real life, even with the ridiculous modesty panels up to their chins. Their hair is done nicely and they're wearing jewelry - all things we didn't see in regular life on the blog. They were out of the calico frumpers by that point, but they were still dressing really plain and drab and spinning their wheels at home polishing cupboards and dusting ceiling fans on the daily. In this photo they're looking as fancy as they were capable of looking and having the absolute most fun they were allowed to have. The fact that it's STILL a huge leap to get from this pic to present life makes it even sadder.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Bethy said:

That's not even a good "before" pic to go with. Those knit dresses Chelsy chose were trendier and sleeker than most of what they wore in real life, even with the ridiculous modesty panels up to their chins. Their hair is done nicely and they're wearing jewelry - all things we didn't see in regular life on the blog. They were out of the calico frumpers by that point, but they were still dressing really plain and drab and spinning their wheels at home polishing cupboards and dusting ceiling fans on the daily. In this photo they're looking as fancy as they were capable of looking and having the absolute most fun they were allowed to have. The fact that it's STILL a huge leap to get from this pic to present life makes it even sadder.

For me it wasn't so much what they were wearing in the pic.  It was that they were playing with kids at the wedding reception instead of mingling with adults and GYMs.  To me that was the sad part of the pic.  In six years they have gone from being unpaid babysitters to college students and wives.  Sarah included.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Well today's newsletter was so "Jesus didn't come back in 2023, do you think he'll come back in 2024 and are you still going to be ready?" 

He also said that he's handing out tracts and trying to evangelize people. I hope against hope he's not doing it at the church they attend.

We know there's no kind of Christian like Steve, and since several of his children disappointed him and have strayed from the true faith, he's got to get his way to heaven paved by accosting strangers. 

• Upvote 7

Oh Steve. People have been waiting for Jesus to “come back” for over 2,000 years. 
Stop waiting for him, and just learn from him about loving and accepting people for who they are. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

This week Steve wants the dads to be Bible teachers for their sons and eschew fun things. Spend the time you'd spend on fun things delving into the teachings of Jesus. 

He cannot see that Dads (and Moms) support their children by doing sports, vacations, and watching movies/shows together. All he wants them to do is push Jesus on non-believers or those whose faith isn't strong. 

How much better to spend our time busy about the Father’s work serving the Lord in our jobs, ministering to our families and to others as He leads, pursuing the lost around us for salvation. Be an example to your children of the joy that comes when we work for the Father.

This was one where I wish I could reach out and shake him to his gizzards. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Steve has a problem when parents do fun things with their children.  He can’t understand why people would rather go to sporting event or watch a movie or tv show instead of reading the Bible. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic