IGNORED

Maxwell 55: Anna and Mary Adventures at ABC - Freedom!

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Anna and Mary are continuing at ABC and appear to be enjoying their newfound relative freedom from Steve's uber restrictive lifestyle.  We can seemingly assume from his columns that he's seething over his loss of control.  

• Upvote 9

As to what NellieBelle said previously, I don’t think Steve would give a hoot what Sarah wanted or not. He’s not writing about them because his little man feelings are a box of shattered crackers and he took his toys and went home

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

As to what NellieBelle said previously, I don’t think Steve would give a hoot what Sarah wanted or not. He’s not writing about them because his little man feelings are a box of shattered crackers and he took his toys and went home

I think he's not writing about Sarah because he doesn't write about anything related to family news anywhere. His seriously dad corners have not been used to update about their lives and the blog is dead. Now he may very well not be happy about the marriage, but I don't think we can draw this conclusion from his lack of writing about it. I am sure everyone who is actually in their lives was told about the marriage and he doesn't care if random internet people hear about it or not.

Edited by ElizaB
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

23 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

Now he may very well not be happy about the marriage, but I don't think we can draw this conclusion from his lack of writing about it. I am sure everyone who is actually in their lives was told about the marriage and he doesn't care if random internet people hear about it or not.

Could well be but his Seriously Dad posts still sound a lot like the Steve we've snarked on for years -- holier-than-thou, judgmental, and hypercritical of anyone who doesn't think just like him. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I’ve also felt like the blog was Sarah’s thing. Her job. And if they just update as if it’s no big thing, it would be putting down years of effort. 

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, ElizaB said:

I think he's not writing about Sarah because he doesn't write about anything related to family news anywhere. His seriously dad corners have not been used to update about their lives and the blog is dead. Now he may very well not be happy about the marriage, but I don't think we can draw this conclusion from his lack of writing about it. I am sure everyone who is actually in their lives was told about the marriage and he doesn't care if random internet people hear about it or not.

They left the older people church and didn't look back during the early pandemic.  If they didn't want the income and occasional speaking events, they would probably do the same to the blog readers.

• Upvote 7

I think the last blog post was the last. That last blog post is clearly a good-bye. It was a farewell to their fans. They admitted things had changed: Anna and Mary were in college and Sarah was living on her own. They wrapped things up. 

We haven't seen @fundiefan in a while. I miss them. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

On 9/6/2022 at 9:49 PM, ElizaB said:

I am sure everyone who is actually in their lives was told about the marriage and he doesn't care if random internet people hear about it or not.

The regulars who used to comment on their blog probably already know.  Rebecca commented on the engagement video. A few others are on Sarah's facebook.  I recognized their names in her comments and likes.  Either they found out about it here or Sarah kept in touch with who she wanted to keep in touch with.  

On another note, in a new episode of Mr Miserable Hates Everything, Steve hates fishing.  

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

The regulars who used to comment on their blog probably already know.  Rebecca commented on the engagement video. A few others are on Sarah's facebook.  I recognized their names in her comments and likes.  Either they found out about it here or Sarah kept in touch with who she wanted to keep in touch with.  

On another note, in a new episode of Mr Miserable Hates Everything, Steve hates fishing.  

I agree. Sarah always did have some girl friends. Even if they lived across the country, I bet she kept in contact. 

• Upvote 13

19 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Unlike Starbucks (Rod thread), isn't hating fishing kind of sacrilegious? Seriously, Jesus was "fisher of men", stories of recruiting the fisherman to be his apostles, Jesus fell asleep in the boat during a storm, he fed the 5000+ loaves and fishes, they didn't catch anything and Jesus commanded them to throw their nets over and they hauled in such a big catch it was almost impossible to drag in, etc. I doubt I even want to know why Steve hates fishing. (And if it is because it is a "restful" event, Jesus also told us to rest and many stories of him leaving crowds to get away and fishing is about patience, again many stories of patience like Lazurus dying, waiting for the right moment to change water to wine, etc.) 

• Upvote 17

24 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Unlike Starbucks (Rod thread), isn't hating fishing kind of sacrilegious? Seriously, Jesus was "fisher of men", stories of recruiting the fisherman to be his apostles, Jesus fell asleep in the boat during a storm, he fed the 5000+ loaves and fishes, they didn't catch anything and Jesus commanded them to throw their nets over and they hauled in such a big catch it was almost impossible to drag in, etc. I doubt I even want to know why Steve hates fishing. (And if it is because it is a "restful" event, Jesus also told us to rest and many stories of him leaving crowds to get away and fishing is about patience, again many stories of patience like Lazurus dying, waiting for the right moment to change water to wine, etc.) 

Such a good point! Hahaha this made me laugh so much because, yes, when you think about it, the Bible is really so pro-fishing!! 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Yes, fish and fishing were a (the?) major source of protein in that part of the world in that time period -- but the kind of fishing the Bible stories are about really isn't recreational. restful, or reliant on much 'patience'.

It would really have been small-scale commercial fishing (probably in family groups or other cooperatives) for selling at a daily market. It would involve hard physical work: hauling nets (and making nets, and mending nets) and manual rowing (possibly sailing?). There are some indications that it was done as a night job (or possibly both during the day and at night) either for economic reasons (fresh fish for the morning market) or because that's was the best way to catch the fish. 

In any case, it's not sitting with a line in the back of a motor boat or casting from shore. It was a livelihood.

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, Pammy said:

In any case, it's not sitting with a line in the back of a motor boat or casting from shore. It was a livelihood.

Yeah, I realize that. Still, the line "the Bible is so pro-fishing" struck me as profoundly funny. 🤣

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Pammy said:

Yes, fish and fishing were a (the?) major source of protein in that part of the world in that time period -- but the kind of fishing the Bible stories are about really isn't recreational. restful, or reliant on much 'patience'.

It would really have been small-scale commercial fishing (probably in family groups or other cooperatives) for selling at a daily market. It would involve hard physical work: hauling nets (and making nets, and mending nets) and manual rowing (possibly sailing?). There are some indications that it was done as a night job (or possibly both during the day and at night) either for economic reasons (fresh fish for the morning market) or because that's was the best way to catch the fish. 

I agree. Fishing back then was commercial and how they made a living different than today. 

Loyola Press states fishing at night was done so the fish couldn't see the nets. During the day they could swim around the nets. Not a problem now with nylon. I found this interesting as to more about fishing in biblical times

https://www.loyolapress.com/catholic-resources/prayer/arts-and-faith/culinary-arts/biblical-fishing-101-reeling-in-the-first-fishers-of-faith/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I have a strong religious background (Catholic), and know mannnnnny religious folks who were/are inflexible when it comes to religion. I don’t really know anyone who presents as such a vocal joy suck and instrument of misery. How much of that affected Teri’s demeanor? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

According to the latest post, Steve is in favor of people being "fishers of men". He wants his readers to spend all their time a)reading the bible b)raising the family or c)going out and converting people. 

What he's against is any and all hobbies. If you're not doing chores, earning a living, helping your wife and kids, reading the bible, going to church, trying to convert people, you're doing something bad. So fishing as a hobby is bad.

Although they might take the kids fishing. Or they could sit in the boat and listen to an audio bible with headphones. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I have a strong religious background (Catholic), and know mannnnnny religious folks who were/are inflexible when it comes to religion. I don’t really know anyone who presents as such a vocal joy suck and instrument of misery. How much of that affected Teri’s demeanor? 

A lot.  If I had to live with someone who hated everything, I would have killed him already.  Or left.  "Good morning honey, how are you today?"  "It's cloudy out.  I hate clouds."  "Do you want to see a concert tonight?"  "I hate concerts."  "Do you want bacon and eggs?"  "I hate bacon.  I hate eggs"  "Do you want to take a walk?"  "Not if I have to walk by anyone.  I hate people."  

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

A lot.  If I had to live with someone who hated everything, I would have killed him already.  Or left.  "Good morning honey, how are you today?"  "It's cloudy out.  I hate clouds."  "Do you want to see a concert tonight?"  "I hate concerts."  "Do you want bacon and eggs?"  "I hate bacon.  I hate eggs"  "Do you want to take a walk?"  "Not if I have to walk by anyone.  I hate people."  

On some days, this is my 7.5 year old. It drains me so fast. I’m basically done emotionally by 10am. It’s usually when he’s sick or he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Yesterday was like this. It was exhausting. Today is better though. A big reason why my husband works well with my personality is because he’s more optimistic. His optimism helps me because I’m naturally pessimistic. And other people who are pessimists drag me down with them. I can just jump into a black hole of pessimism with some people. And stay there. It’s hard to snap my son out of it on bad days. So I just count the minutes until bedtime. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 14

5 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

What does he like? That’s a serious question. Does he like anything? Have even one non Bible thumping gloat hobby?

He likes judging people.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 16

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

He likes judging people.

He judges anyone who doesn’t believe what he does & who didn’t raised their kids the way he did. 

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

He judges anyone who doesn’t believe what he does & who didn’t raised their kids the way he did. 

Which pretty much amounts to about 99.9999999% of people on the planet.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

And who doesn't clearly acknowledge that Steve knows all and knows best in every situation.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Mela99 said:

What does he like? That’s a serious question. Does he like anything? Have even one non Bible thumping gloat hobby?

let’s not forget making Maxwell Cuisine as unpalatable as possible, be it cutting meat out of  burritos and restricting animal crackers to 2 per diner.

• Upvote 13

12 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I think he tries not to do things for fun. Didn't he give up flying for Jesus? Although having kids probably made expensive hobbies hard.

He probably likes all the building projects but the offspring are probably over it and wanting to move into houses they can just unpack and live in without having to spend all their spare time on DIY.

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic