IGNORED

Maxwell 55: Anna and Mary Adventures at ABC - Freedom!

Coconut Flan

Not a drill!

The newest Mom's Corner is all about Sarah's marriage. It's call "Waiting" and it's on the blog in the articles. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 3

Teri and Steve are blaming god for their mistakes. They kept Sarah single for 22 years. But I’m positive they will never see this truth. They will always say it was god, not them. 

BE5C0FA4-D08E-4646-B135-ACA159221AF5.jpeg

• Upvote 14
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 11
  • WTF 2

Our daughter, Sarah, who is 40 years old just finished a long season of waiting—22 years to be exact. Sarah wanted to get married and have children as soon as she finished high school. Through the years, there were young men who came who were interested in Sarah. But with each one, time proved they weren’t right. 

Why am I cynical about this statement?  First, they'd have to pass the Stevehovah hurdle; I'm 100% certain Sarah was never, ever allowed to decide on who was or was not an appropriate partner. 

Anyway, glad Sarah and Kory are married.  Hope they enjoy their life together. 

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Couldn't they just have issued a joint post congratulating Sarah and Kory and saying how delighted they are? Why does everything have to be turned into a dreary, worthy lesson. 

No wonder Sarah decided quickly, before Steve got in there and  put the dampers on things.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 6

Imagine if Sarah found the perfect guy at 18. There is no way in Maxhell she would have been allowed to marry. She was needed at home to be the 3rd parent to the vasectomy reversals. 

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 8

It sounds like Teri approves of Kory, which is nice.

She got married last month to this godly, biblically grounded man who loves the Lord Jesus with all his heart and is more than Sarah dreamed she would have in a husband.

• Upvote 21

The house needs a little work, but it's basically fine. I don't like those built-in ovens, but I prefer wooden cabinets. They have a warmer, more homey feel than white ones. (And I hate, hate, HATE gray! As soon as I see gray cabinets or gray floors in a house, I'm like, "Nope.")

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, molecule said:

She got married last month to this godly, biblically grounded man who loves the Lord Jesus with all his heart and is more than Sarah dreamed she would have in a husband.

WOW. Stagger me. What praise. Godly, loves Jesus etc. 

I super-duper hope Sarah is as happy as a pig in mud.  I guess it's nice that her mother 'approves' of  her husband but she just couldn't bring herself to say 'Sarah got married last month to a wonderful man and we wish them every happiness.' Nope. Gotta stick with the godly stuff.  *Groan*. What a one dimensional life. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I didn't realize that we don't talk about how we want to change houses to suit our own tastes anymore.  Or maybe I was too harsh.

I didn't think you were harsh. I'd make many of the changes you like and I too like light airy homes. The theme of my Reno would be "the De-Browning" or "code Brown"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, molecule said:

What an odd way to put it. How do you know, Teri? Maybe she kept her husband dreams mostly to herself and only told you what she wanted you to know. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think Kory was exactly what Sarah dreamed of in a husband. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

Reading Teri’s post really chapped my ass. But you know what? Sarah is probably very happy right now while sour Teri and bitter Steve sit at home alone eating their bland burritos and 2 animal crackers. I’m glad those girls got out of Maxhell! They are so far away and I love it. 

Mary’s outfit is so cute and up to date. It’s not outdated or frumpy at all. I love it. 

9D3FC9EE-DF91-4C81-9247-C3417717192C.jpeg

• Upvote 22
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 5

What an odd way to put it. How do you know, Teri? Maybe she kept her husband dreams mostly to herself and only told you what she wanted you to know. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think Kory was exactly what Sarah dreamed of in a husband. 

I’m just assuming she knew Sarah could only dream of getting a husband period, so anything other than that ….
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Imagine if Sarah found the perfect guy at 18. There is no way in Maxhell she would have been allowed to marry. She was needed at home to be the 3rd parent to the vasectomy reversals. 

To be fair, I think most women especially fundies are better off not getting at 18, especially if they have to leave their family size up to God. Teri Maxwell got married on her 19th birthday.... And most men are better off waiting, too.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

17 hours ago, Hane said:

Sarah and her siblings did a lot of work helping a couple of her brothers fix up their new marital nests, so she does have some skills.

I hope some of her brothers who benefited from Sarah’s labor go and help fix up her new house if that’s what she wants.
Her parents should stay home though so they don’t suck the joy out of any changes Sarah and Kory want to make.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

11 hours ago, molecule said:

OR- "WOW!  Sarah really lucked out cause we turned away a lot of guys and never imagined one this great would want her"

Teri sure has a way with words.. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

To be fair, I think most women especially fundies are better off not getting at 18, especially if they have to leave their family size up to God. Teri Maxwell got married on her 19th birthday.... And most men are better off waiting, too.

Of course I agree. But Teri said she’s been waiting 22 years. That means a starting at the age of 18, she was wanting to get married. But we all know Teri would have never allowed that. Even though she was young when she got married. Steve and Teri didn’t allow so many things they themselves were allowed. 

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My ex mil (who would be in her 90's, were she still with us) was the daughter selected by her parents to remain at home to be their caretaker. She, at age 18, slipped out one night, went to a dance, met a soldier and shortly thereafter, eloped. My point is Sarah would have had to do a runner to marry at 18.

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Steve and Teri didn’t allow so many things they themselves were allowed. 

This part is very telling, and describes how they raised their kids.  "God withheld a husband from Sarah for a long time."  It's not true.  They took the free will away from those kids and blamed God.  They talked Christopher out of being an EMT.  They made college sound like a bad thing.  They made living away from home a bad thing.  They even made carnival rides a bad thing.  AND FISHING!  lol  This list goes on and on.  Parents have a strong influence on their kids, even adult children.  A parent doesn't have to say no and that they forbid something.  Some play mind games instead to influence their kids.  Then they can say that they never forbid them, and that their kid decided not to do it instead.  That wasn't God's doing.  That was the parents' doing.  Funny thing-they convinced their kids that sports were bad, and Sarah married the son of a coach.

I don't believe for one second that Steve and Teri are happy about this marriage, or that they are happy that their other daughters are off at college playing sports and having fun with male friends.  Just because Teri posted that doesn't make it true.  Judging from Mr Miserable's articles, which is the opposite of what his kids are doing, he's pissed.  But he loses his kids if he says it right to them.  He's still playing mind games through those articles.  

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

@HereticHick I’m with you about the stairs. Every time I visit a relative with a multiple story home I wonder why the heck people do this. I mean, in my case it’s nit because of age but because of disability that it’s physically painful, but it’s also just inconvenient. I have a tiny 3-room public housing apartment that is exactly big enough for me. ( I’d love an outside area or porch but there are numerous parks in my neighborhood so I’m fine.)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Mela99 said:

It’s a nice little starter house but those hanging stacking bookshelves are giving me irrational anxiety

Has anyone been able to zoom in to see what books are on the bookshelves?  I am dying to know.  

I love that he watches tv shows such as Starsky and Hutch.  Steve really must have become unhinged about this. 

• Upvote 11

I hope the church that unraveled the entire Church of Stevehovah prison of belief has a refrigerator full of Pepsi just for Teri and Teri can pull that tab, take a deep deep swallow of the forbidden drink (aaaaaaaahhhhhh), eat 3 animals crackers and have a Pepsi chaser just because. 

I hope she sees her daughters out enjoying life, smiling, laughing, making friends, WEARING PANTS, and gets a damn clue.  I hope those daughters come home and say "Mom, you can wear pants (literally or metaphorically), make friends, smile,  pour Pace salsa on your damn burrito,  laugh and enjoy life. JESUS WILL STILL LOVE YOU!" 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

I’ve been thinking about kory buying the house without help from Sarah. If that happened to me I would be very upset and it would probably be the end of the relationship- I’d be appalled that he could possibly make a huge decision without me. However, I don’t think Sarah would be. She has been raised her entire life to let men lead. Let them make big decisions. She has absolutely no ability to be able to say- I am an equal in this relationship and should get an equal say in big decisions. 

That being said, Kory could have felt absolutely free to make this big decision knowing Sarah well enough to know she would be thrilled he purchased a house “for” her. It is completely heartbreaking that a 40 year old woman wouldn’t have the ability articulate she wants to be a part of big decisions; or even the awareness to realize it is ok to want to. However, from kory’s perspective he is doing something nice. 

now, hopefully I am wrong and she did have a say. 

• Upvote 5

Bear with me folks, I'm just speculating.  I think the only one not happy here is Steve and I say this because he couldn't bring himself to write about Sarah's marriage in his article.  Teri may be pretty damn happy to see her daughters blossom but we wouldn't know it because she wouldn't dare cross her husband in a public forum. She's going to toe the line in her article because anything that departs from the Titus 2 message would be nixed by Steve.  After all, they made a pretty good living out of promoting wifely submission and devotion.  Part of me wonders if there was a lot of snickering behind Steve's back over the years.  It's the only explanation I have for how well the daughters all adjusted once they left home.  Steve is an old lion now, capable only of a weekly growl at humanity.  He's been put in his place but he doesn't have to like it.  

• Upvote 16

35 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Bear with me folks, I'm just speculating.  I think the only one not happy here is Steve and I say this because he couldn't bring himself to write about Sarah's marriage in his article.  Teri may be pretty damn happy to see her daughters blossom but we wouldn't know it because she wouldn't dare cross her husband in a public forum. She's going to toe the line in her article because anything that departs from the Titus 2 message would be nixed by Steve.  After all, they made a pretty good living out of promoting wifely submission and devotion.  Part of me wonders if there was a lot of snickering behind Steve's back over the years.  It's the only explanation I have for how well the daughters all adjusted once they left home.  Steve is an old lion now, capable only of a weekly growl at humanity.  He's been put in his place but he doesn't have to like it.  

I think it’s possible she is in a better mood about it than Steve. But she’s such a sour puss. I’m betting she still made backhanded comments on the wedding day. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic