IGNORED

Maxwell 55: Anna and Mary Adventures at ABC - Freedom!

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

Mary Maxwell is engaged, per fb profile picture update 16 hours ago.

Congrats to Mary. That’s great news! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

Yay! Congratulations to Mary! My how Maxwell World has changed. Two down and one to go! I hope Anna finds a great guy at school, if that’s what she wants. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

32 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

Great news! They seem happy together. 

Random Maxhell thoughts & questions: What do the Maxwell sons think, seeing their sisters in college? Was that even an option for any of them? Will one or more of the sons send their daughters to college so they can flourish like their aunts?

And of course, the perennial question - what the heck happened to make all this possible?!?

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed typo
  • Upvote 18

45 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

What a lot Steve has to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! 🤣

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Steve must be shitting all over himself. 

Which doesn't hurt my feelings at all.  Congrats Mary and Sam!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Congratulations to Mary and Sam! Just when I was about to quit checking in on the Maxwell thread!

Predicting a late May/early June ceremony, with Anna her sister as maid of honor.

Wonder if Mary will eventually be headed for Uruguay where her in-laws live?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

True!  I'm from the central / southern part of the state, and while I'm not Catholic, they predominate in that area.  The northern part of the state is more Baptist, and probably not as fun.

And the food isn't as good either! : )  [I'm married to a Protestant from Shreveport--and he will be the first person to tell you that!!!]

And here is Samuel's new public profile pic:

image.png.bd3f2b37e3608da1616400b872aa823f.png

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 24
  • Love 1

I am suspecting that Sam & Mary were able to get engaged outside alone, without a cavalcade of chaperones/family/videographers milling about. Like normal adults! : )

• Upvote 24

Sarah's wedding and Mary's engagement are what happens when you stop trying to control every minute piece of your children's lives.

Sarah and Mary met wonderful (we assume) guys all on their own. Sarah went online (how normal) and Mary went to college (how normal). Neither of them had to wait for the godly guy to fall from the heavens or randomly knock on the front door or be presented by Stevehovah.

Sarah and Mary took their lives in their own hands and created their futures by themselves.  Which I believe are not the futures Stevehovah intended for them.

Suck it Stevie. 

• Upvote 26
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 12

Now that we know Sarah met her beau online, maybe Mary and Anna threatened to do the same if they weren’t sent away to Christian college? Steve may have felt more comfortable with an in person godly romantic meeting rather than the potential demons that might be lurking on the interwebs. Gives him slightly more control. Or he just preempted the online option for them by relenting and allowing them to go away to school so that at least they wouldn’t turn out like Sarah. I do think there may be something to Sarah being forced to move out for breaking the house rules and not patiently spinstering for another few decades dusting ceiling fans. Sending Mary and Anna away maybe allowed Steve to save face to some extent so he wouldn’t have to deal with another showdown forced move out. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic