IGNORED

Russia And The Invasion Of Ukraine

GreyhoundFan

Not about Ukraine, but important news:

• Sad 6
  • Thank You 3

Yeah.  Putin killed Navalny.  Putin usually is meticulous in his timing so I'm wondering why he did this exactly now.  Is it a show of force before the next Russian "election"?  Is he pissed that the Tucker Carlson interview didn't give him any positive press?  

Navalny was an amazing person.  I hope Russian history gives him the credit that he deserves.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

• Sad 1
  • Love 6

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Tucker Carlson's reaction tells you everything about the kind of person he is.

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 6

Cudos to this courageous Russian woman.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

And this is the kind of government Trump and Tucker and the others want.

I am slightly amused at how it doesn't occur to Carson that he could be one of those murdered.

• Upvote 8

There's a very good article about Navalny in Politico.  Link:  https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/02/17/alexei-navalny-death-russia-putin-00142002

Excerpts:  

Albats called Navalny’s death a “murder,” and said that even from his prison cell, Navalny posed a real, political threat to Putin, whose animosity to Navalny was very personal.

“Putin hated him,” she told me in an interview a few hours after hearing the news. “He was everything which Putin was not.”

For Putin, I think he got obsessed with this desire to break Navalny,” Albats said. “So if you look from that perspective, I think it’s not a coincidence that they killed Navalny during the so-called election campaign, because they are afraid of the collective action that Navalny already was calling people to do.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

• 2 weeks later...

Sweden will be joining NATO now.

Sweden’s NATO accession was approved by Hungary’s parliament Monday, clearing the last hurdle before the historic step by the Nordic country whose neutrality lasted through two world wars and the simmering conflict of the Cold War.

Hungary’s vote ended months of delays to complete Sweden’s security policy shift and followed a visit by Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson on Friday during which the two countries signed an arms deal.

Sweden’s NATO membership was supported by 188 lawmakers in Hungarian parliament, with 6 against and no abstentions.

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s government has faced pressure from NATO allies to fall in line and seal Sweden’s accession to the alliance.

A nice big fornicate you to both Putin and Captain Shitpants.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• 4 weeks later...

Today‘s Letter from an American has very concerning news:

Those trying to get aid to Ukraine believe its defense is central to U.S. national security. Today the Institute for the Study of War, a nonpartisan, nonprofit research group, assessed that “[s]everal Russian financial, economic, and military indicators suggest that Russia is preparing for a large-scale conventional conflict with NATO, not imminently but likely on a shorter timeline than what some Western analysts have initially posited,” within a matter of years.   

Link to the RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, MARCH 20, 2024 by the Institute for the Study of War.

• Thank You 5