IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

On 6/8/2022 at 12:44 PM, arareyeah said:

Josie is making a giveaway with a Dyson airwrap as one of the gifts. That thing is quite expensive. Either her business is doing that well or someone is sponsoring her

No way she paid for that!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Age old debate, I’m as lazy as and I still wash my linen before putting it on the bed. I have also been known to given children bedspreads pre washed because I know how excited they will be to get their new paw patrol quilt on their bed… 

josie is shilling sheets and shit and they go straight on the bed. 
it’s funny cause I only feel this way about linen and not clothes..F0693B19-18C0-43BC-A756-44AC2FF0C90E.thumb.png.98c5155c98a1deb01ef39be01121258b.png

• Upvote 6

@AussieKrissytotally agree all sheets , pillows and duvet covers(so bedding really including silk pillowcases lily silk highly recommended)  get washed and hung out on the line (for that clean sheet smell) clothes less so unless they are second hand _ weird now I come to think about it but my allergies are mainly to washing powders not other things . 

Edited by byzant
R
  • Upvote 4

I always, always wash new clothes and linens before wearing/using them because a lot of items are actually treated with formaldehyde! On top of being a carcinogen, it can irritate your skin. When I worked retail a lot of the associates would get peeling skin on their hands from handling the clothes all day. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I try to wash everything before wearing it but sometimes I get really excited to wear something new. Especially when I order something I might wear it immediately because it did not hang in a store to be tried on by many people.  Sheets I always wash first.

• Upvote 4

I completely agree about always washing bedding (I do clothes also, but that's just my preference).

I'd be curious if part of the sponsorship actually required it (whether or not she actually left them there without washing)

So many of these sponsored deals make them say and do pretty scripted stuff.

I could see the company wanting it to be like 'Hey, our sheets are so great and soft you can sleep on them immediately out of the packaging and they don't need washings to be comfy" type of idea they wanted to push.

Then again...could just be her doing. Ha!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

I always, always wash new clothes and linens before wearing/using them because a lot of items are actually treated with formaldehyde! On top of being a carcinogen, it can irritate your skin. When I worked retail a lot of the associates would get peeling skin on their hands from handling the clothes all day. 

Yeah I do know I should wash clothes first… 

I just don’t.. but your making me re think that 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 6/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, Dominionatrix said:

Of course! Think about it. Those linens are probably coming from the factory floor. Someone was hemming them with a sewing machine. The sheets might easily hit the floor, or get handled by a variety of people.  Or else they were hemmed by a machine, which is equally yucky. In either case,  most likely, those sheets were not kept clean before they were packaged and shipped. Unless it says "pre-washed" on the package, like lettuce. I've never seen that.

When I buy new clothes, I think the same thing. "Where was this shirt last handled?" 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

I imagine that these young fundie couples that are trying to appear "normal" and "hip" don't really know *anything* about life or really setting up a home in general. Like although they are supposed to be the perfect homemaker, their previous life was so alien they might not even know that washing sheets before putting them on the bed is normal. Their entire life experience was so NOT normal. 

My husband came from a home where both parents were immigrants. Honestly he doesn't know anything about anything (from my POV) when it comes to what is "normal" in a house. And by this I mean a middle class white American household. There's not anything right or wrong about it, but he is just clueless lol.

I imagine these fundie girls shilling things or seeing regular people's houses / exposure to influencer culture really shocked them. It's probably exciting and they want to embrace all the things (hence the fun of getting married just to get the house and paint the walls) but the fact that they don't know social norms becomes obvious. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, kmachete14 said:

I imagine that these young fundie couples that are trying to appear "normal" and "hip" don't really know *anything* about life or really setting up a home in general. Like although they are supposed to be the perfect homemaker, their previous life was so alien they might not even know that washing sheets before putting them on the bed is normal. Their entire life experience was so NOT normal. 

My husband came from a home where both parents were immigrants. Honestly he doesn't know anything about anything (from my POV) when it comes to what is "normal" in a house. And by this I mean a middle class white American household. There's not anything right or wrong about it, but he is just clueless lol.

I imagine these fundie girls shilling things or seeing regular people's houses / exposure to influencer culture really shocked them. It's probably exciting and they want to embrace all the things (hence the fun of getting married just to get the house and paint the walls) but the fact that they don't know social norms becomes obvious. 

This happens a lot between couples who grew up in very different classes. Like an upper middle class person marrying a working poor person. It’s interesting how people can grow up completely differently in the same place. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

It’s kind of funny how those links are right on her chest, Josie has a big chest, but she can wear whatever she wants and still love Jesus. I don’t think Josie uses the word modest to describe her clothing choices, but I could be wrong. Do big boobs help sell hair products to women? Do men watch her videos to ogle her boobs? Social media influencer questions that I don’t know the answers.

• Upvote 3

The placement of the links is unfortunate, but there’s nothing immodest about her outfit, and I don’t think anyone would remark on it if she had a smaller bust (or were wearing a different shape of bra). As someone who’s also been large chested since early adolescence, it’s exhausting to be sexualized for simply wearing clothes while in my body. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dbm said:

We love a modest queen 

Hide contents

1365311445_Screenshot2022-07-12at2_30_40am.thumb.png.564397443a1d4545ea4956ea9817e966.png

Hide contents

89315238_Screenshot2022-07-12at2_30_25am.thumb.png.5e996dee53cd0c84e50cea95825adae6.png

Yes, this is a very unfortunate shot. I do I agree with others about never having heard Josie talk about modesty, so I would not label her a hypocrite. I wonder if her parents follow her IG? I will also say that Josie likes her clothing tight. This is not an unusual or 1X look for Josie. I also agree that Josie is one of those people whose chest size does not match her body size or frame, so it’s more noticeable. Really in that shot you can’t not see it. 

• Upvote 1

I’m glad a lot of the Bateses aren’t like Jill with her constant modesty rants. There’s no reason to shame women who wear pants or shorts as sluts. I’m glad Josie can feel comfortable in her large chest because I’ve heard so many ex fundies say they were always trying to hide their big chests. Because they didn’t want to make a man lust 🙄🙄🙄

• Upvote 16

9 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It’s kind of funny how those links are right on her chest, Josie has a big chest, but she can wear whatever she wants and still love Jesus. I don’t think Josie uses the word modest to describe her clothing choices, but I could be wrong. Do big boobs help sell hair products to women? Do men watch her videos to ogle her boobs? Social media influencer questions that I don’t know the answers.

A lot of women are into women, and sex sells, so yes, I imagine it would help. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 3

She is just wearing a normal tanktop in summer. It is so hypocrite to criticize fundies modesty standards and then freak out because a woman has big breast and a good bra that makes her a nice figure and is not trying to hide it. 

A lot of people love to comment on the Duggar girls that they should get better bras and dont understand why they insist on wearing grandma ones (i have seen this commented on Joy a lot for example), maybe now they can understand better why, the reality is a lot of woman are made to feel self concious about their boobs and sexualiced for it, and this is not just a fundie thing unfortunately.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I'm just glad she's wearing a good support bra. We've come a long way since the matching prairie dresses.

• Upvote 4

I'm thinking Josie must be a 'good' influencer, meaning hits. She was doing Costco last week and this week is doing Amazon Prime Day spots!

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

I'm thinking Josie must be a 'good' influencer, meaning hits. She was doing Costco last week and this week is doing Amazon Prime Day spots!

I think she’s pretty decent at it. Plus she isn’t constantly posting godly content like Erin. Which can be a turn off for some. I feel like Josie’s content is more mainstream. While Erin’s is pretty fundie. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Is blue eyeshadow in style again? I can't seem to get past it when I checkout Erin's Instagram stories.  My eyes go directly to her eyeshadow!! 😅🤷🏽‍♀️

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Is blue eyeshadow in style again? I can't seem to get past it when I checkout Erin's Instagram stories.  My eyes go directly to her eyeshadow!! 😅🤷🏽‍♀️

Apparently yes: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glamour.com/story/blue-eyeshadow-trend/amp

I have noticed that bright/noticeable eyeshadow is the trend. I always worry it will make me look like Endora from Bewitxhed. 

• Haha 1

I was doing a birthday month Sephora shop and I ended up ordering one of the items Josie recommend a few months ago. I didn’t click any of her links or order form her but she put the product in my mind and when I saw the trial kit, I decided to go for it. 

So Josie is sending some of her followers amazon gift cards, she defintiely got an Amazon partnership. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Josie is sending some of her followers amazon gift cards, she defintiely got an Amazon partnership. 

Definitely but that’s a nice thing to do. I saw a post about a woman struggling to pay for diapers so I’m glad Josie could help her out. I’d say Amazon would be a pretty good partnership to have. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic