IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

Credit should be given where it's due, that was a really nice gesture from her even if its because of partnership, a lot of people that she gave gift cards to seemed to be on a tight budget.  

• Upvote 7

I like that she gave them out to people who were in need. Instead of just announcing it as a giveaway, she asked what items people would like to buy but could not at the moment. Therefore it is more likely they end up with people actually needing it instead of random fans who participate in giveaways.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I like that she gave them out to people who were in need. Instead of just announcing it as a giveaway, she asked what items people would like to buy but could not at the moment. Therefore it is more likely they end up with people actually needing it instead of random fans who participate in giveaways.

I agree. She took the time to read the messages and pick people who needed it. 

• Upvote 5

People keep saying stuff like this should be private, Josie posted about it and maybe it encouraged a few others to follow lead.  Gifting someone beauty items might be the one thing that really helps someones mental health.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The only kids I recognized in the videos/photos from Willow’s birthday party were the Paine kids. I realize that Carlin probably wasn’t up for a party yesterday, but I wonder if Josie is firmly Team Erin or neutral. This Erin/Carlin feud is the most interesting thing about the Bates family. What could cause such a huge rift in this wonderful forgiving Christian family.

i find it interesting that Josie only seems to like her mom, Katie and future SIL Lydia. She comes across as very ambivalent to the rest of the family.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I thought I saw one of Tori’s kids there. 

I’d have a hard time recognizing Tori’s kids. And that’s the one sister for sure who’s Team Erin.

• Upvote 2

Tori and Erin and one of the teen girls (Addallee?) Seem to have been the only Bates family members there. 

Kelton and Josie got Willow a bunny, I wonder if it was one of Erin's. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Tori and Erin and one of the teen girls (Addallee?) Seem to have been the only Bates family members there. 

Kelton and Josie got Willow a bunny, I wonder if it was one of Erin's. 

Oh dear! I hope it is treated well and appropriately for a bunny! Hazel is not sure whether this is a good Idea! :face_rabbit: (I think I need to brush him again. He is 13 years old and can't groom himself as well  he used to be able to):) 

Spoiler

image.png.f94aa8f62c184c880ae9b52488c1c2fe.png

• Upvote 4
  • Love 12

On 7/20/2022 at 7:26 PM, JDuggs said:

The only kids I recognized in the videos/photos from Willow’s birthday party were the Paine kids. I realize that Carlin probably wasn’t up for a party yesterday, but I wonder if Josie is firmly Team Erin or neutral. This Erin/Carlin feud is the most interesting thing about the Bates family. What could cause such a huge rift in this wonderful forgiving Christian family.

i find it interesting that Josie only seems to like her mom, Katie and future SIL Lydia. She comes across as very ambivalent to the rest of the family.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing Josie post about her father. But with such a large family, it makes sense that there are cliques. Some people are just going to be closer than others and I can imagine how difficult it is to maintain a close relationship with so many family members. Still interesting the things you have pointed out though. 

• Upvote 4

I was looking at josie's stories and felt that kelton looked different and then realised that 

he got his eyebrows done 😶 

Spoiler

295231771_1380242009150041_1394138874760331898_n.jpg.2cf15f0d38582191cc9dcd5e466cb3e4.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3

I know I've mentioned this before, but I just can't with these people and their inability to understand basic math skills. Josie is shilling clothes in her latest story, and posts on her story that the site is having a 25% off sale and you get an additional 10% if you use her code for 35% off.🙄  I wish these companies would call out or at least make their shillers correct their mistake, this is false advertising 😒!!

Screenshot_20220727-175709_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dbm said:

I was looking at josie's stories and felt that kelton looked different and then realised that 

he got his eyebrows done 😶 

Hide contents

295231771_1380242009150041_1394138874760331898_n.jpg.2cf15f0d38582191cc9dcd5e466cb3e4.jpg

I’ll be completely honest here. Facial hair is facial hair. So I think it’s totally fine if a guy goes in for a hair cut, a shave, a nose hair trim, and an eye brow wax. I’m just going to group it all into “hair removal.” Some extremely hairy men have been trimming their eyebrows for decades. Trimming eyebrows is not new at all. But waxing might be getting more popular these days. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My son gets his eyebrows threaded. It’s a very normal thing for guys to do when they have eyebrows like Kelton’s. I’m guessing Josie had to talk him into it, but I bet he’s glad he tried it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

My son gets his eyebrows threaded. It’s a very normal thing for guys to do when they have eyebrows like Kelton’s. I’m guessing Josie had to talk him into it, but I bet he’s glad he tried it.

I dare to say that Josie not just talked him into it but probably does it for him too.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It seems to be more of a thing now for guys to take care of their eyebrows.  My son is about a year younger than Kelton and he uses a slim "Personal Touch" shaver to get the area between his eyebrows to stave off the dreaded "unibrow".  If it makes him feel much better about himself, why not?   And that goes for Kelton or anyone else for that matter. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

It seems to be more of a thing now for guys to take care of their eyebrows.  My son is about a year younger than Kelton and he uses a slim "Personal Touch" shaver to get the area between his eyebrows to stave off the dreaded "unibrow".  If it makes him feel much better about himself, why not?   And that goes for Kelton or anyone else for that matter. 

My husband has the most "perfect" eyebrows without doing anything, and I am definitely jealous! I am also in favor of men doing what makes themselves comfortable, hair removal included!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I have always wondered why Kelton always looks so flushed. He looks like he is on fire!

47 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have always wondered why Kelton always looks so flushed. He looks like he is on fire!

I think that’s just how his skin is. He’s just one of those people that gets red w/o doing a thing. 

• Upvote 8

My husband has this one hilarious eyebrow hair that sticks straight out! All the others lay down but not this one! I’ve plucked it before. It’s a rogue hair that you just won’t tame. So pluck it I say. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I'm like this. It is one of the reaosns I wear makeup because I use a color-correcting primer to conceal the red. But too much sun, emotion, wine, exercise and I look like a tomato.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Some people just have a skin like that. I will say those rosy cheeks make them look younger in my opinion as it reminds me of the look of young children playing hard. Kelton therefore has a bit of a “babyface”. I don’t think he has a problem with getting red patches in stressful situations or so because it’s always only the cheeks really.

I am all for doing to your eyebrows what you like- BUT I definitely think his more bushy eyebrows looked way better. But that’s superficial and as I am not him no one cares what I think and rightly so.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband has this one hilarious eyebrow hair that sticks straight out! All the others lay down but not this one! I’ve plucked it before. It’s a rogue hair that you just won’t tame. So pluck it I say. 

I’m this way! My wife calls it my Nutty Professor eyebrow and I have to routinely tame it out it just goes wild!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Some people just have a skin like that. I will say those rosy cheeks make them look younger in my opinion as it reminds me of the look of young children playing hard. Kelton therefore has a bit of a “babyface”. I don’t think he has a problem with getting red patches in stressful situations or so because it’s always only the cheeks really.

I am all for doing to your eyebrows what you like- BUT I definitely think his more bushy eyebrows looked way better. But that’s superficial and as I am not him no one cares what I think and rightly so.

I remember getting ready for my cousin's wedding at 15 and one of the bridesmaids was going to put blush on me and my cousin was like "don't bother, she has naturally rosy cheeks" and I know my cousin meant nothing by it but I have been self-conscious about it ever since. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic