IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What I’ve learned about makeup and social media is that there are so many tricks to completely change your face. There is tape that can legit make you look like you had a facelift. There is contouring to make you look like you’ve lost weight or had plastic surgery. And yes, the eyelid tape works well. 

Another example:

7168946F-A339-482A-B7E0-20AA77C7E54D.jpeg

I disagree. I cannot see behind the eyelid in this picture & other eyelid tape pictures, as I can with Josie, whose eyelids are now fully visible and deep, extending to the orbital, whereas, before, I couldn’t see it.  In eyelid tape pics, the lid space not extend to the orbital. 

(orbital = eye socket)

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I cannot imagine walking around with a bit of tape on my eyelids. We all get judged constantly on our looks, but I'm grateful that I'm not a "beauty influencer" that has to worry about it all the time.

I could handle eyelid tape much better than big fake eyelashes. I would go crazy with the big ones on my eyes. They would last a whole 5 minutes before I ripped them off. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could handle eyelid tape much better than big fake eyelashes. I would go crazy with the big ones on my eyes. They would last a whole 5 minutes before I ripped them off. 

I can never, ever handle fake eyelashes and I tried them so many times. I remember being intimate with my boyfriend and one of fake eyelashes fell on the floor. Very embarrassing.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dbm said:

Exactly !! 

people that mentioned aging y'all are lucky if you are aging backward lol.

I used to have deeply hooded eyes, even as far back as childhood. My eyes are much less so now. Part of it is makeup/aging but also O used to not be able to see and constantly squinted. I refused to wear glasses or contacts and the constant squinting effected the look of my eyes. 

• Upvote 1

If she had something done, I don’t judge her for that because people have the right to do what they want as long as it’s not harming someone else. I could see her justifying it as an investment in her cosmetic business to have more room on her eyelids to show off different eye make up similar to how some dentists invest in a straight, pearly white smile themselves.   I do believe she had an upper blepharoplasty procedure because the orbital/eye socket is now visible, to me in a way that I cannot find with eyelid tape pictures online, but anything is possible. I also know that if one’s hooded eyes bothered them, with the advent of Google, this procedure commonly pops up as a recommendation. It’s been speculated Taylor Swift had this procedure.

Although, again, if she had something done, I feel the transparency would be appreciated given that she does have a cosmetic business in a similar way as Kylie Jenner & I didn’t appreciate that Kylie wasn’t honest at first. Josie is always advertising her products to fans that want to achieve a similar look as her & products she’s sponsoring.   

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

If she had something done, I don’t judge her for that because people have the right to do what they want as long as it’s not harming someone else. I could see her justifying it as an investment in her cosmetic business to have more room on her eyelids to show off different eye make up similar to how some dentists invest in a straight, pearly white smile themselves.   I do believe she had an upper blepharoplasty procedure because the orbital/eye socket is now visible, to me in a way that I cannot find with eyelid tape pictures online, but anything is possible. I also know that if one’s hooded eyes bothered them, with the advent of Google, this procedure commonly pops up as a recommendation. It’s been speculated Taylor Swift had this procedure.

Although, again, if she had something done, I feel the transparency would be appreciated given that she does have a cosmetic business similar to Kylie Jenner & I didn’t appreciate that Kylie wasn’t honest at first. Josie is always advertising her products to fans that want to achieve a similar look as her & products she’s sponsoring.   

I do think she definetely has had procedures done at least to her eyes, but dont think the comparison with Kylie Jenner is fair since Kylie had a makeup line specifically focused on lip makeup and she was claiming that her product was what made her naturally super thin lips look bigger, so basically a scam. Josie sells hair accesories and i dont think if she has hooded eyes or not is relevant to that.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, llucie said:

I do think she definetely has had procedures done at least to her eyes, but dont think the comparison with Kylie Jenner is fair since Kylie had a makeup line specifically focused on lip makeup and she was claiming that her product was what made her naturally super thin lips look bigger, so basically a scam. Josie sells hair accesories and i dont think if she has hooded eyes or not is relevant to that.

It’s not an exact comparison but I still believe it’s similar because Josie mostly only shares stories regarding what products she’s selling from her store or using/sponsoring and people are purchasing expensive products to achieve a similar aesthetic and —if something was done—, it contributes to her aesthetic, as a part of the whole.

Also, the family members she is mostly seen with are those that still attend IBLP events such as Tori, Erin, and Michael, and her dad still works for IBLP on the board. IBLP has a principle regarding “unchangeables”. So, IF something was done, it’s noteworthy in that regard. 

Personally, I appreciate it when influencers who heavily monetize and sponsor products are honest about their procedures, including dental ones like veneers, when they had have them.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What I’ve learned about makeup and social media is that there are so many tricks to completely change your face. There is tape that can legit make you look like you had a facelift. There is contouring to make you look like you’ve lost weight or had plastic surgery. And yes, the eyelid tape works well. 

Another example:

How did I not know this was a thing. My face is pretty asymmetrical and one eyelid is noticeably droopier than the other. I need to try this.

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

How did I not know this was a thing. My face is pretty asymmetrical and one eyelid is noticeably droopier than the other. I need to try this.

People use it for uneven eyes too. I saw a video on YouTube of a woman making her eyes symmetrical with the tape. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This convo just cracks me up. How old is Josie? Anti aging stuff?

It’s not actually anti-aging when it’s done in Asia. There is a standard of beauty in some Asian countries that might be a little influenced by white beauty standards. I think countries are probably rubbing off on eachother since we are all so interconnected with the internet. An eyelid called a “monolid” is quite common in Asian countries and this tape and surgery gives a person a monolid a double lid. So many young people will do it. I think it’s pretty popular in South Korea and a lot of K pop celebrities have a double lid. Whether it was surgery or natural. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

I don’t think she’s had surgery. It would be too off brand for these people. They’re not the Kardashians. Plus, there are crazy things you can do to photos and your appearance with apps and filters.

I have a friend who’s somewhat into this stuff. She’s taken photos when I’m with her and I have no makeup on and flat hair, looking my worst. She just waves her hand and says don’t worry, I’ll fix it later. Within seconds she sends me the altered photo, with natural looking makeup, all blemishes erased, my hair voluminous. And it does not look fake. She claims what she does is amateur level and there’s a whole world of higher tech stuff out there. 

Josie’s livelihood is beauty and social media. I think she just upgraded her arsenal. Better apps, better filters, better products. Plus, when you take a selfie you can change the angle of the camera and adjust your eyes in such a way that they look just so. I agree about the very different look she has in that “makeup-free” post, but it’s not the same as judging a potential change based on a genuine smile in an unfiltered candid photo.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

The only thing that I have wondered about was injections in her upper lip. Most times they seem normally plump, but, there are others where her upper lip looks like it had assistance. NOT extreme, but, just a little help and then it resumes back to it's 'normal fullness'. She says she doesn't have them and it's makeup, but, like others have said make up can only do so much.

Seeing the before and after pictures, if it's not surgery or injectables, she's been extremely lucky as she ages and can get make up to do more than I've ever been able to get it to do!

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Does Josie read here? Today on IG (stories which will disappear in 24 hours)she is discussing her small eye hoods and how she uses makeup to open up her eyes and make them appear larger. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 16

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Does Josie read here? Today on IG (stories which will disappear in 24 hours)she is discussing her small eye hoods and how she uses makeup to open up her eyes and make them appear larger. 

Possibly, but the speculation about eye surgery was also on Reddit. She has mentioned requests for makeup tutorials in the past, though. 

• Thank You 1

On 8/9/2022 at 7:55 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Another example:

She just looks like one half of her face is really confused 🤣

• Upvote 1

I’ll never cease being amazed at the cosmetic industry complex’s ability to turn perfectly normal physical features into some kind of flaw. For the life of me,  I can’t see what’s wrong with her natural eyelids…

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 12

On 8/10/2022 at 4:18 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

People use it for uneven eyes too. I saw a video on YouTube of a woman making her eyes symmetrical with the tape. 

My wedding MUA has a video of her transforming her client's very very noticeably asymmetric eyes (video posted with her client's consent) into symmetrical. Part of the reason why I picked her. While I don't have monolids, I have very small eyes and she did wonders for my wedding day 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

My daughter’s Korean friend had two wedding ceremonies, one in the U.S. and then one a week later in Korea. She sent me a picture from the Korean wedding saying that the photographer gave the bride plastic surgery. It wasn’t requested.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, JDuggs said:

My daughter’s Korean friend had two wedding ceremonies, one in the U.S. and then one a week later in Korea. She sent me a picture from the Korean wedding saying that the photographer gave the bride plastic surgery. It wasn’t requested.

A friend of me a is a classical beauty (looks like Ingrid Bergman) with honey hair and light-brown eyes. In several of her wedding pictures, she appears with green eyes. It wasn't requested. Don't get me wrong, pictures should NEVER be photoshoped without permission, but I find it crazy that they even photoshoped a physically "perfect" person. Oh yeah you are a thin blonde young bride but those brown eyes are sooooo average... 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Somebody please, please, please, show an example of exactly where on the eyelid it needs to go.  I am begging you with tears in my eyes"!!!

10 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Somebody please, please, please, show an example of exactly where on the eyelid it needs to go.  I am begging you with tears in my eyes"!!!

This is the best set of instructions I could find. If you still don’t see it, I suggest a YouTube video on how to apply them. 

F807B5F0-77F2-4B91-A90F-2DF0D8F42048.jpeg

• Thank You 5
  • Love 1

On 8/11/2022 at 10:31 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

I’ll never cease being amazed at the cosmetic industry complex’s ability to turn perfectly normal physical features into some kind of flaw. For the life of me,  I can’t see what’s wrong with her natural eyelids…

It's not "the cosmetic industry" who asked for this product. I have similar eyes and I have hated how they look since I was able to look at other girls. Nothing to do with "the cosmetic industry." I also remember being upset about how square my wrists were when I was 5, compared to my friend. It had nothing to do with any industries, I wasn't allowed TV or magazines, and women in my family aren't super into makeup and diets. It is 100% coming from comparing things I like about how other people look to myself. When I got older and started to experiment with make up, that's when I realized that my eyes were different. Can't wear eyeliner. Eyeshadow is pointless. I'm just destined to be ugly, or get some sort of surgery that most people with my genetic background don't need. 

That being said, I find that the tape works for long enough to snap some photos. That's about it. It hurts and comes off fairly quickly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2

50 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

It's not "the cosmetic industry" who asked for this product. I have similar eyes and I have hated how they look since I was able to look at other girls. Nothing to do with "the cosmetic industry." I also remember being upset about how square my wrists were when I was 5, compared to my friend. It had nothing to do with any industries, I wasn't allowed TV or magazines, and women in my family aren't super into makeup and diets. It is 100% coming from comparing things I like about how other people look to myself. When I got older and started to experiment with make up, that's when I realized that my eyes were different. Can't wear eyeliner. Eyeshadow is pointless. I'm just destined to be ugly, or get some sort of surgery that most people with my genetic background don't need. 

That being said, I find that the tape works for long enough to snap some photos. That's about it. It hurts and comes off fairly quickly. 

Oh babe, it makes me so sad how hard you are on yourself 

We are our own worst critics. Others will never see you as harshly as you see yourself, mostly they will only see the beauty. 

Please be kind to yourself

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic