IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 50: Anna Breaking the Opposite of News about the Whodunnit of the Century

HerNameIsBuffy

6 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Josh didn’t deserve the job he had in DC. If the Ashley Madison thing hadn’t come out & caused him to loose his job I can definitely see him doing something else that would have caused him to be fired. He thought he was better then everyone. He took that job without thinking about his wife & kids. Anna had been taught to agree with everyone her husband does. 

Josh didn’t lose the FRC job over Ashley Madison, it was over the molestations. By the time the AM scandal dropped he was already back in Arkansas. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

thanks for that 

he looks like a fuckin creeper 

why the fuck did josh have any reason to give that guy his password? how did that come about 

Famous for releasing these photos before a debate, claiming to be listening to Rage Against the Machine. Which, if you know that band, is hilarious.  Dude, they are raging against you! 

Screenshot_20220213-164525_Google.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • Thank You 1

You know Paul Ryan is going to be greatly annoyed to discover the internet is talking about him, but it has nothing to do with his dreams of running for president. We all just want to know how Josh Duggar ended up giving him his password. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Famous for releasing these photos before a debate, claiming to be listening to Rage Against the Machine. Which, if you know that band, is hilarious.  Dude, they are raging against you! 

These photos will never not be funny. Who told him this was a good idea?!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

37 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

You know Paul Ryan is going to be greatly annoyed to discover the internet is talking about him, but it has nothing to do with his dreams of running for president. We all just want to know how Josh Duggar ended up giving him his password. 🤣

These photos will never not be funny. Who told him this was a good idea?!

He gave us free tickets to the gun show.  Show some gratitude!

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Edit:  The man thigh tho!  Blech 🤢

Edited by Beermeet
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Regarding Anna, I think she thought the world was going to be their oyster when they set off for DC.   I wonder though if part of her doubling down on Josh's innocence is really about her disappointment over not taking the world by storm at Joshley's side, among other things.

I have a friend who had an unfortunate motorbike wreck where she received CPR (from her husband!), had a closed head and eye injury. The eye surgery after her accident had some problems and needed a 2nd operation. Now she had lost a lot: She couldn't manage her husband's practice anymore, drive, physically maintain her agricultural pursuits at home. So she had a lot of hope pinned in this 2nd eye operation. When it wasn't as successful as she hoped, she had to grieve her whole loss over again. I think this will be Anna "this isn't the whole story" when Josh's appeal is denied, grieving (again) from ground zero.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

The strangest thing about Paul Ryan is that he is an absolute twin of the music teacher on Glee. Very disconcerting. Didn’t Paul Ryan quit after Trump came in because he couldn’t stand the circus and / or was being blackmailed?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I have a friend who had an unfortunate motorbike wreck where she received CPR (from her husband!), had a closed head and eye injury. The eye surgery after her accident had some problems and needed a 2nd operation. Now she had lost a lot: She couldn't manage her husband's practice anymore, drive, physically maintain her agricultural pursuits at home. So she had a lot of hope pinned in this 2nd eye operation. When it wasn't as successful as she hoped, she had to grieve her whole loss over again. I think this will be Anna "this isn't the whole story" when Josh's appeal is denied, grieving (again) from ground zero.

Makes me think Anna was experiencing withdrawal from the high of being in the media spotlight so she decided to fuel the flame of her addiction with her social media comment. There wasn’t a single Duggar sibling that registered any reaction one way or another to it, was there? I think they are all so sick and tired of the shit Josh continues to bring into their lives. Maybe some of them feel guilty for being relieved that he’ll be incarcerated for a long stretch of time just so they can move forward without his interference. I’m sure they feel terrible that he’s going to prison yet realize his own actions put him there. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Makes me think Anna was experiencing withdrawal from the high of being in the media spotlight so she decided to fuel the flame of her addiction with her social media comment. There wasn’t a single Duggar sibling that registered any reaction one way or another to it, was there? I think they are all so sick and tired of the shit Josh continues to bring into their lives. Maybe some of them feel guilty for being relieved that he’ll be incarcerated for a long stretch of time just so they can move forward without his interference. I’m sure they feel terrible that he’s going to prison yet realize his own actions put him there. 

With all the serious stuff she should be dealing with I didn't think about this, but I bet you're right in that she misses her previous life being obsessively on SM.  Even when she wasn't posting she was liking and commenting on every Duggar post like it was her job for a while there.

I don't know if that's why she posted what she did this time, but I bet it kills her every time the kids do something cute or she gets one of the girls' French braids just right that she can't post.  

I do find the psychology of how they're handling this publicly interesting.  If I felt my husband was convicted of a crime he didn't commit I'd be livid that his parents and family were carrying on with the parties and visits as usual.  Granted, my jump to livid is probably a lot shorter than hers, but if she really believes he's innocent I can't imagine how it wouldn't bother her.  

So many keep talking about how the Duggars are her only support system which is why she stays, but I don't know supported she feels not only from the ones who spoke out about his guilt, but those not liking or reposting her more to the story thing.  

I'd love a tell all one day and how the scandals were handled behind the scenes is what I'm most interested in learning.  

• Upvote 21

13 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

@Cults-r-us I am sorry about your friend.   You make a good point of how Anna is grieving all over again after Josh's conviction and her SM post is indicative of that.

2 hours ago, Cam said:

Makes me think Anna was experiencing withdrawal from the high of being in the media spotlight so she decided to fuel the flame of her addiction with her social media comment. 

This reminds me of a friend who found himself in the local public spotlight because of a court case.   I don't want to delve into the tragic details but in a nutshell, he was one of the victim involved and was extremely vocal publicly for a good year or so afterward until the trial / sentencing.  After that, he went quiet for six months then surfaced again in the local news to complain about the case outcome in spite of earlier statements that he was satisfied with it.    I got the sense he did it because he was missing being in the media spotlight and this was one more go.  

2 hours ago, Cam said:

I think they are all so sick and tired of the shit Josh continues to bring into their lives. Maybe some of them feel guilty for being relieved that he’ll be incarcerated for a long stretch of time just so they can move forward without his interference. 

I think a lot if not all of the family has been sick of Josh for a very long time and wonder how many of them secretly hoped he would be found guilty and put away just so they didn't have to deal with him anymore.    I hope the relief outweighs any guilt for them.   I can't imagine how difficult it was to be forced to live with him and play nice because Jebus.  They finally don't have to pretend anymore.   

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Presentence investigation submitted to the court.  

I’m curious about the Victim Impact Statement.

• Upvote 6

On 2/13/2022 at 1:21 PM, OldFadedStar said:

There would have been a big redemption arc of Josh and Annas marriage and how that storm brought them closer to God.

That's essentially what his parents did. There is a public talk they gave at their Big Sandy event that is archived on the IBLP website which is exactly that arc. It was terrible, such a scandal, blah blah, yay Jesus and his redemption and our need to lean on him to grow closer to him and each other. Ugh.

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 2
  • Thank You 2

37 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I wish it wasn't sealed. 

I think victim impact statements should always remain sealed, if the victim wants to share that with the public they can do that outside of court.

The rest of it I think should be unsealed at some point after being redacted (properly) to protect victim's privacy, because I think the public has a right to know the reasoning behind the sentencing.  I'm not saying it ever will be, just that IMO it should be.

I think the psycho sexual exam would be illuminating if he was honest.  

I do think any mitigating statements (if any exist) by non-victims should be made public, though.  If you're going to write to the court about why he should get consideration for less time you should have to say that out loud, as it were.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4

This is my first time seeing those Paul Ryan pictures and it's just what I needed on a Monday afternoon. They are absolute comedic gold. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

50 minutes ago, Guanabana said:

I’m curious about the Victim Impact Statement.

Per the link above apparently those who were abused for the CSAM can opt to be notified of any cases in someone is being charged for crimes in which involve material in which they were victimized and they can submit a victims impact statement and in some cases get some restitution from fines or victims funds.

I know there is no such thing as actual restitution for something like this, no amount of money can make this better.  Any lawyers here have any idea if his sisters could be considered victims in this case, even though that was brought in as evidence and not part of the charges?

• Upvote 10

My guess is that Josh told Paul Ryan his password to something during the 2012 election. Paul Ryan was Mitt Romney’s running mate, and I think Josh was volunteering or working in Republican politics at a high enough level that he got the FRC job soon after. 

• Upvote 7

On 2/13/2022 at 12:20 PM, Idlewild said:

The mention of Paul Ryan set me thinking…. Josh had photo ops with several high placed Republicans. If his abuse of his sisters and the Ashley Madison involvement hadn’t been made known, where would he be now? 
On one hand he is uneducated and lazy, on the other JB would have been pushing him to run for office and no doubt Anna fancied herself as a First Lady of something or other.

Sadly, being uneducated and lazy isn’t an impediment to success. I can’t tell you how many people I encounter in senior leadership positions who got there because their previous employer was too embarrassed to admit it was a mistake to hire them. The boss can’t fire them without admitting the error, so the employer pawns them off on someone else, always with a vaguely glowing reputation and incremental promotion. It’s a more malignant version of the Dilbert Principle: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilbert_principle

If the molestations never came to light, FRC eventually would have passed Josh on to some other right wing think tank or lobby firm.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Beermeet said:

what an absolute wanker douche canoe toss pot try hard 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think the psycho sexual exam would be illuminating if he was honest.  

If dishonest, it would still be interesting.

That's the beauty of forensic psych work. You draw conclusions based on collateral information plus a behavior sample and intentionally distorted behavior samples are some of the most illuminating.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

There is a video up on YouTube showing Josh at David Keller and Hannah Reber's wedding while he was awaiting trial.

He's next to Anna and the kids, holding the baby, grinning and posing for pics.  Someone explain to me how this can be?

How can you be on trial for CSAM and have no shame about showing your face and mingling.  What kind of wedding small talk do people do with someone on trial for that?!  

I still think the court was wrong to allow him out on bail and wrong to allow him access to his own children with Anna as the supervising adult.  I'm assuming he got permission to attend this since the judge praised him for following the rules whilst out on bail, but come on.  When is our justice system going to stop weighting the rights of "parents" like Josh over the safety of innocent children.

Did anyone get up and leave once they saw him there?  I'm guessing no. 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 5
  • Disgust 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11

WOACB is speculating about the M kids. Ugh leave damn kids alone. My fault for looking at her channel 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 2

Just out of curiosity, say you're invited to a wedding of your fundy sibling, cousin, or inlaw and you show up and Josh is there, do you walk out?  If you brought your kids you know he won't harm them as you won't let them out of your sight, do you stay and side eye him or bail?

• Upvote 8

Just out of curiosity, say you're invited to a wedding of your fundy sibling, cousin, or inlaw and you show up and Josh is there, do you walk out?  If you brought your kids you know he won't harm them as you won't let them out of your sight, do you stay and side eye him or bail?

If I feel close to or very supportive of one of the people being married, I stay and either very obviously pretend he isn't there, or if he addresses me, do the thing I do, which is use formal language and syntax he might or might not understand that would, either way, let him and whoever overhears know I think he's trash. People who've never made or seen me angry think I'm super nice, but the rest know better. 

If it's someone I'm not close to, depends on what I'm being fed, probably, and how easily I can avoid him.

• Upvote 13

Fucking bail

That being said the last wedding I was at my daughter was the flower girl 

For her sake I would have stayed for the service the photos and fucked the hell off 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic