IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 50: Anna Breaking the Opposite of News about the Whodunnit of the Century

HerNameIsBuffy

Smee, I appreciate the honesty in which you tell your story. I’m sorry that you’ve had to deal with these difficulties while so young. I wish you the best as you continue to sort things out.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Looks like we now know the infamous letter writer.  The one who left the letter in the homeschooling book about Josh's molestations about the same time as Alice was informing Oprah?

Kayleigh Holt.  It was in the summary judgement issues today dismissing the sister's lawsuit against the last two defendants for improper redaction.

Just coming here to see if it was being discussed yet (saw it on reddit).  Not really surprising but interesting to have it confirmed.  

• Upvote 11

14 minutes ago, Smee said:

I don’t have reddit, does it have any more info about what the letter said? She wasn’t the babysitter was she?

It didn't go into a lot of details.

Bobbeye spoke about them (the Holt parents) being told what Josh did.  They told Kayleigh (she needed to know something about why her arranged marriage was being called off).  She wrote a letter to her favourite author about what she'd been told about what happened.  Reddit/the info we have didn't go into more detail than that as to what was said.  But likely a teenage girl writing her thoughts/questions/views processing of the molestation news.  She wrote these thoughts as a letter to her favourite author.  Then put the letter in a book (by the fave author) and forgot about it.

She then lent the book to a friend a few years later.  The friend found the later.  Freaked (understandably) and instantly told her (the friend's parents) who told others in the church.  This was the point where wider people outside the Holts found about what Josh had done and how it had been handled and led to lots of discussion and debates.  Some people objected to how the Duggars handled it.

I wonder if that was even more damaging to JB and Holt man's relationship than Josh's actions.  The Holts supported JB over Josh though separating their daughter from him, they were still supportive.   The whole church must have known there was a letter about the crimes.  The Duggars had to have known that if the letter wasn't from their kids, then it must be from a Holt.  JB must have blamed Holt man for their loss or reputation.

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 17
  • Love 1

The whole letter story is one of the weirdest parts of this entire saga. Am I understanding it correctly that the Holt daughter who was supposed to marry Josh wrote something  about what Josh did to his sisters. She put the paper  in a book, forgot about it and let someone borrow the book. And that person is how CPS was contacted. How does Alice work into all of this?

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The whole letter story is one of the weirdest parts of this entire saga. Am I understanding it correctly that the Holt daughter who was supposed to marry Josh wrote something  about what Josh did to his sisters. She put the paper  in a book, forgot about it and let someone borrow the book. And that person is how CPS was contacted. How does Alice work into all of this?

Yep, that’s my understanding of it.

I think that Alice was one of the church members who heard about the letter or read it firsthand after it was discovered. She’s the one who commented on the blog post in 2007. 

Alice’s comment was made before anything was publicly known about the situation, but would’ve been right around the time Oprah was informed, IIRC, so her being a church member who heard about the letter makes the most sense to me.

Someone on Reddit last year claimed that Alice died a few years ago.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

On 2/7/2022 at 4:14 PM, Bastet said:

That sure would be nice, but his personality would preclude that. We don’t call him Timcel for nothing. His poor social skills and his lack of insight regarding how he comes across are likely red flags to any fundie maiden. And there is his terrifying enmeshment with his momma. 
  Given his attitude toward women, the only hope I see is that some kind man takes him under his wing, but that man would have to be very motivated and extremely skillful to deal with Tim’s arrogance and the lack of self esteem it conceals. 
  It is so sad. 

But our backwards fundie maiden, to whom Timcel seemed an obtainable match, is wiley in her own right, having learned from the f------up dynamics in her own family of origin. She is able to tip toe between all these overblown egos, make both Titrod and his mama believe it was all their own idea, trick Tim into moving away where he might be more pliable.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Yes, that is correct.  Alice, separately, also related to Bobye Holt per an AMA on Reddit knew what had happened from the Holts and contacted Oprah's team about the molestations.

Oprah's people contacts the authorities in Tonitown as did another person.  It's believed this other person contacted the authorities because of knowledge of the letter.  

So Bobye Holt's daughter and an older female relative of Bobye's were the catalysts, indirectly, of the authorities being alerted.  Notice Bobye nor Jim Holt alerted them themselves even though they were the ones who heard the confessions first hand.

I hate the stupid red lines under her name but I refuse to add that ridiculous name to my dictionary to shut spell check up.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 6

On 2/8/2022 at 6:23 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Look at her now....taking over the Duggar thread....that insidious brassy bleached eyeliner maven! 

This is the only way she can infiltrate Duggarville unless she can sell one of the boys to a Duggar maiden down the road. 

I Love that Jill gets mentioned on the threads I read. I can’t keep up with her threads but I don’t feel too left out because I get some stuff from other places. Keep it up peeps. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 6

I think Alice is also the one who borrowed the book containing the letter.  Now I wonder who "concernedmom" mom is?

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Notice Bobye nor Jim Holt alerted them themselves even though they were the ones who heard the confessions first hand.

Bobye and Jim were very much a part of the system thar protected Josh. If their daughter hadn't written that letter I bet no one would have earned that Josh molested his sisters. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Bobye and Jim were very much a part of the system thar protected Josh. If their daughter hadn't written that letter I bet no one would have earned that Josh molested his sisters. 

Well Alice, also related to Bobye, knew apart from the letter and notified Oprah separately so it would have come out that way.

People conflate Alice and the letter writer, but not only are they seperate people but how law enforcement was notified indirectly by each happened independently of each other.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Has the letter itself been made public?

No, it's rumored to have been long destroyed.

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I think Alice is also the one who borrowed the book containing the letter.  Now I wonder who "concernedmom" mom is?

No she didn't.  It's in the summary judgement.  Kaeleigh wrote it and stuck it in a book by her favorite author and then a few years later lent it to a friend.

The friend read it and alerted their parents who shared the details with the church group.  The name of the friend and parents is unknown, it's also unknown who among the church group called the authorities...if it was the letter finders parents or someone else who was in the know after it came out.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 5

Does anyone else find this letter thing way to convenient? Almost like the plot of a movie. I just don't buy it. There has to be more too it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 3

1 hour ago, ElizaB said:

Does anyone else find this letter thing way to convenient? Almost like the plot of a movie. I just don't buy it. There has to be more too it. 

Can you elaborate on what you think the issue is?

Oh, I'm sure there's a hell of a lot more to all of this.  What gets me is all the secrecy.  On the surface it comes across as protecting victims, but in reality it only protects the abusers and allows abuse to continue.  Hopefully, now that Josh is going to prison, more will be revealed, and these evil people are exposed and held accountable.

• Upvote 8

Prosecutions response to the Defense's motion to acquit or order a new trial.  Anything think Mrs. MoreToTheStory will read any of this?

The trigger warning is for real, The reddit post is safe, but don't click the Court Listener Link if you wish to avoid graphic details like the file names of some of the CSAM.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 29

51 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Oh, I'm sure there's a hell of a lot more to all of this.  What gets me is all the secrecy.  On the surface it comes across as protecting victims, but in reality it only protects the abusers and allows abuse to continue.  Hopefully, now that Josh is going to prison, more will be revealed, and these evil people are exposed and held accountable.

This. I'm sorry for them and what they went through, but in public at least they've been pretty adamant that they don't consider what Josh did as abuse (not counting Joy, she apparently really didn't know) and it was only when it became known outside the family that they felt victimized.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Prosecutions response to the Defense's motion to acquit or order a new trial.  Anything think Mrs. MoreToTheStory will read any of this?

The trigger warning is for real, The reddit post is safe, but don't click the Court Listener Link if you wish to avoid graphic details like the file names of some of the CSAM.

Was this about the appeal?  So appeal failed?  Or is this more detail about the motions that happened back in November/ December?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How did I miss the Paul Ryan part?  What?!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

The ultimate fuck you. Time for the whole clan to realize they are bacteria in the big pond even though they think they're big fishies in their microscopic pool/

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

How did that even happen?! Did Josh just blurt out his password to Paul Ryan? I’m sure Paul Ryan is not happy about his name being brought up.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Was this about the appeal?  So appeal failed?  Or is this more detail about the motions that happened back in November/ December?

Didn't fail.  They submitted the appeal and this is the prosecutions response to it.  Judge hasn't ruled as this response was just received today.

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

That just came out today.  And the way the sentence is worded, something like 'the defendants father, blah blah Paul Ryan also had the password.'  Paraphrased, but the wording is ambiguous enough to make it sound like Paul Ryan is Smuggars dad which made me laugh way harder than it should have.

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

For a spell, weren’t the Duggars in tight with Rick Santorum too? They certainly are opportunistic-

Yes, they campaigned for Frothy.

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

How did that even happen?! Did Josh just blurt out his password to Paul Ryan? I’m sure Paul Ryan is not happy about his name being brought up.

That's what I'm dying to know!  In what context can that possibly happen?!

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 4

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's what I'm dying to know!  In what context can that possibly happen?

Some reporter really needs to ask Paul Ryan about how exactly he came to know the password for the computer Josh Duggar used to download CSA. I need to know the full story!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 20
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic