IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 50: Anna Breaking the Opposite of News about the Whodunnit of the Century

HerNameIsBuffy

21 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am very glad she did the right thing this time and told the truth when it mattered.  I truly do think that was a brave act for someone like her and I give her major props for that.

I also think she's trying to rewrite history for the things outside her testimony to make them look better than they were at the time.

I am glad she did as well.  It was key in getting Joshley convicted, I think. I see someone who may have tried to do the right thing within their fundie church / construct, saw it didn't work, and finally realized that telling the full truth in the open was necessary.  No doubt, she had to buck her own discomfort with going outside her church-approved / Duggar-controlled channels in telling her story.  

She probably still has a lot of discomfort and I see her "rewriting" as dealing with that.

• Upvote 7

The mention of Paul Ryan set me thinking…. Josh had photo ops with several high placed Republicans. If his abuse of his sisters and the Ashley Madison involvement hadn’t been made known, where would he be now? 
On one hand he is uneducated and lazy, on the other JB would have been pushing him to run for office and no doubt Anna fancied herself as a First Lady of something or other.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, Idlewild said:

The mention of Paul Ryan set me thinking…. Josh had photo ops with several high placed Republicans. If his abuse of his sisters and the Ashley Madison involvement hadn’t been made known, where would he be now? 
On one hand he is uneducated and lazy, on the other JB would have been pushing him to run for office and no doubt Anna fancied herself as a First Lady of something or other.

When I think of Lauren Boebert, Madison Cawthorn, and Marjorie Taylor Green ---I am pretty sure Josh could have been easily elected and used as a pawn by other leaders. Uneducated people with big egos are easily fooled and used. All they have to do is find a district where they could get elected.

• Upvote 37
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Lots of politicians, and Huckabee was an especially vocal leghumper. I'd bet my left arm JB was at least trying to have something in the works with him.

• Upvote 11

10 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

If his abuse of his sisters and the Ashley Madison involvement hadn’t been made known, where would he be now? 

When he went off to DC for his FRC job, one of my fears was that this was going to launch his so-called "political career".   Sure, he was uneducated, lazy and had nothing to recommend him for political office other than the family name, but I was pretty sure eventually he could find some district where he could get elected. 

TBH, I was glad that the molestations / Ashley Madison shot the political aspirations all down and sent him packing to NWA and the car lot.   Still entirely possible he could have tried again (succeeding being a whole different story) but his conviction puts the nail in that particular coffin forever.

Regarding Anna, I think she thought the world was going to be their oyster when they set off for DC.   I wonder though if part of her doubling down on Josh's innocence is really about her disappointment over not taking the world by storm at Joshley's side, among other things.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 10

Josh didn’t deserve the job he had in DC. If the Ashley Madison thing hadn’t come out & caused him to loose his job I can definitely see him doing something else that would have caused him to be fired. He thought he was better then everyone. He took that job without thinking about his wife & kids. Anna had been taught to agree with everyone her husband does. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Smee said:

ETA: apparently with this post my rank increased. Now I want “Paul Ryan’s accountability partner” to be my rank.

The functionality to customize the ranks was lost with one of the former updates, otherwise I would.

24 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I'm sure Katie from Without a Crystal Ball will have the scoop soon

She said journalist!  🤣

30 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Lots of politicians, and Huckabee was an especially vocal leghumper. I'd bet my left arm JB was at least trying to have something in the works with him.

Speaking of this scumbag, he also said wonderful thing about Character Booklets so he seemed pretty pro-IBLP.  How does he reconcile that with his daughter opting for a powerful career rather than being a SAHM?  Has he ever been asked about that publicly?

Or is it just one more thing in his hypocrisy bucket, like when he happily jammed with Ted Nugent to Cat Scratch Fever singing about purring pussies and then criticizing the Obamas for allowing the girls to listen to Beyonce.

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

It was key in getting Joshley convicted, I think.

I don't.  The technical evidence was a slam dunk.  I'm glad she came out and told the truth, but I don't think they needed it for the CSAM conviction.

• Upvote 15

So, I dont believe the Ashley Madison thing alone would have gotten him in any public capacity. He probably still would have gone to Jesus jail and told he needed to repent publicly. Something something that liberal city of dc had bad influence over him. There would have been a lot more focus on what Anna didn't do then there was. 

I believe that it was the molestations PLUS Ashley Madison that really screwed them over. If it was only the molestations, there is a very good chance the show would have been canceled but there would have been a real push that Josh was all better now, childish misbehavior, etc. Those darned teenage hormones (please read that last sentence as sarcasm). Ashley Madison coming out, especially then, showed that Josh was still a sexual deviant. I mean, I know I've seen on both here and reddit there were people that believed that Josh being on Ashley Madison kinda proved that he had moved on to adults. I think that reasoning is part of why TLC may have been okay in part with counting on... or at least why they thought they could get away with it. 

If it was just Ashley Madison though that was publicized, I believe that 19k&c would probably still be on. (Well, not now with his CSAM trial)  There would have been a big redemption arc of Josh and Annas marriage and how that storm brought them closer to God.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

31 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I believe that it was the molestations PLUS Ashley Madison that really screwed them over. If it was only the molestations, there is a very good chance the show would have been canceled but there would have been a real push that Josh was all better now, childish misbehavior, etc. Those darned teenage hormones (please read that last sentence as sarcasm). Ashley Madison coming out, especially then, showed that Josh was still a sexual deviant. I mean, I know I've seen on both here and reddit there were people that believed that Josh being on Ashley Madison kinda proved that he had moved on to adults. I think that reasoning is part of why TLC may have been okay in part with counting on... or at least why they thought they could get away with it. 

If I remember rightly the news of the molestations happened first. 19kac was cancelled and Josh et al moved back to Arkansas within days.  He was in semi hiding in Arkansas when Ashley Madison happened, at with point he went to Jesus jail.

Without Ashley Madison, he'd still lost the family the show and his cushy DC life. Some fundys may excuse the molestation, but molesting your sisters as a teen makes you unelectable even in most conservative districts. 

TLC don't give a flying F if someone gets caught publicly cheating, they'd like to show that sort of drama.  They weren't going to show Josh on screen again.

He was already being rehabilitated a little within their community.  Look at Anna's instagram pre arrest, cute kid and family pics (including of him).  Look at their pregnancy announcement days before the arrest.

At the time of his arrest Josh wasn't the pariah within their community he was to us.  He'd Fd up his future and was no longer the electable golden boy, but he was still part of their community and well on the road to redemption.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

So do you think well known, educated and established politicians keep people like JB in the fold for his TV fame and the copper penny effect? Why else would a Santorum or Huckabee associate with JB Duggar? And by copper penny I mean as a distraction. Maybe Huckabee has similar behaviors that are just better hidden? This one, as well as people like Dan Webster and Dr Paine, who are obviously educated, but deny their kids the same opportunities leave me scratching my head. Lots of educated, hard working people are also religious…why pick someone like JB to attach your sail? Has to be hi$ notoriety, right? 

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, imokit said:

If I remember rightly the news of the molestations happened first. 19kac was cancelled and Josh et al moved back to Arkansas within days.  He was in semi hiding in Arkansas when Ashley Madison happened, at with point he went to Jesus jail.

You're right. I had forgotten exactly when the show got cancelled. I was doing an international move when all this was going down. 

Molestations came out late May. I remember the last season finale.. there was a lot of tension in that room. 

19k&c got cancelled in July whereas Ashley Madison was in August. 

I just had a thought though... all the sadness from the Duggar adult kids and Anna in the first episode of counting on. A lot of people have condemned it because they seemed more upset about AM then what he did to his sisters... what if the sugar adult kids were upset with Josh but was using the AM as a reason to be? Like... I can't say mean things about what he did to me 13 years ago but I can say something about how disappointed I am in with AM. Just had that thought in light of some of the things that had been discussed about the molestations during the trial. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

When he went off to DC for his FRC job, one of my fears was that this was going to launch his so-called "political career".   Sure, he was uneducated, lazy and had nothing to recommend him for political office other than the family name, but I was pretty sure eventually he could find some district where he could get elected. 

TBH, I was glad that the molestations / Ashley Madison shot the political aspirations all down and sent him packing to NWA and the car lot.   Still entirely possible he could have tried again (succeeding being a whole different story) but his conviction puts the nail in that particular coffin forever.

Regarding Anna, I think she thought the world was going to be their oyster when they set off for DC.   I wonder though if part of her doubling down on Josh's innocence is really about her disappointment over not taking the world by storm at Joshley's side, among other things.

Anna was in all her Serena Joy glory then.  Judging everyone else not within her limited tolerance; flaunting her " perfect example life".   

Too bad hun, you're in a whole cult filled with sexual and moral deviants, Jesus weeps. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, OldFadedStar said:

You're right. I had forgotten exactly when the show got cancelled. I was doing an international move when all this was going down. 

Molestations came out late May. I remember the last season finale.. there was a lot of tension in that room. 

19k&c got cancelled in July whereas Ashley Madison was in August. 

I just had a thought though... all the sadness from the Duggar adult kids and Anna in the first episode of counting on. A lot of people have condemned it because they seemed more upset about AM then what he did to his sisters... what if the sugar adult kids were upset with Josh but was using the AM as a reason to be? Like... I can't say mean things about what he did to me 13 years ago but I can say something about how disappointed I am in with AM. Just had that thought in light of some of the things that had been discussed about the molestations during the trial. 

I would think a lot of them were out-of-proportion  upset about the Ashley Madison scandal because they’d just lost their usual tv show, wholesome image, were re-traumatized and defended their reformed, youthful mistake brother all over the place - and quite probably believed he was actually reformed and keeping his dick, eyes and hands where they belonged - and THEN immediately find out he was out fucking around. I would be SO incredibly pissed! And would absolutely feel extra betrayed.  
I would imagine the following 5+ years until the CSAM arrest came out would involve most of the older siblings being varying degrees of angry and barely civil, forgiving and cautiously trusting, depending on their personality. But not ONE of them issued any kind of statement defending him. Which says a lot about how the second scandal impacted their overall view 

I know addiction is different, obviously, but the whole family dynamics of the reactions of family in his peer group feel very, very similar - you have a sibling in active addiction who is hurting people, stealing from everyone, causing scenes, violent. They get clean, relapse, clean, relapse. Wreckage and more wreckage.  One sibling stays close and has hope. Another cuts ties completely. A couple more are polite at family gatherings but hold on to their wallets and avoid when possible. And none are shocked when they get a call that x is in jail. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So do you think well known, educated and established politicians keep people like JB in the fold for his TV fame and the copper penny effect? Why else would a Santorum or Huckabee associate with JB Duggar? And by copper penny I mean as a distraction. Maybe Huckabee has similar behaviors that are just better hidden? This one, as well as people like Dan Webster and Dr Paine, who are obviously educated, but deny their kids the same opportunities leave me scratching my head. Lots of educated, hard working people are also religious…why pick someone like JB to attach your sail? Has to be hi$ notoriety, right? 

The far right seems to glomb onto anyone they can.  Part of why they actually gained traction I think.  

• Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

The far right seems to glomb onto anyone they can.  Part of why they actually gained traction I think.  

I think Jim Bob glommed on to politicians more than they glommed on to him.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Santorum or Huckabee saw the IBLP groups as a huge group of potential votes for him. Get the big name Duggars in that group supporting him and all of IBLP will follow.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 10

On 2/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, formergothardite said:

How did that even happen?! Did Josh just blurt out his password to Paul Ryan? I’m sure Paul Ryan is not happy about his name being brought up.

Who is paul ryan why am I getting images of that crappy arsehole youtuber? who's name I cant remember but I know isnt paul ryan 

maybe ryan paul?

7 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Who is paul ryan why am I getting images of that crappy arsehole youtuber? who's name I cant remember but I know isnt paul ryan 

maybe ryan paul?

He's the jacked up former GOP senator famous for being gym rat and a colossal asshole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Ryan

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
accidentally put an irrelevant pic in there - and now I want candy
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

20 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

maybe ryan paul?

He was a Congressman from WI who was also Mitt Romney’s VP choice- sorta looks like Eddy Munster with beautiful blue eyes. Smart dude-

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

28 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He's the jacked up former GOP senator famous for being gym rat and a colossal asshole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Ryan

thanks for that 

he looks like a fuckin creeper 

why the fuck did josh have any reason to give that guy his password? how did that come about 

• Upvote 7

Just now, AussieKrissy said:

thanks for that 

he looks like a fuckin creeper 

why the fuck did josh have any reason to give that guy his password? how did that come about 

That's what I'd love to know.  If this gets out beyond snarkers who care enough to read the court papers I wonder if he'll issue a statement.

• Upvote 8

26 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's what I'd love to know.  If this gets out beyond snarkers who care enough to read the court papers I wonder if he'll issue a statement.

Maybe it’s six degrees of separation - Netflix password edition

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20

32 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't have twitter but maybe people can start pestering him on there and see if it picks up?

Having the password of a known pedo I would be jumping all over that shit to beat it down before it ran wild I would have issued a statement by now 

• Upvote 5

Josh could have survived the Ashley Madison scandal. Having sex with a consenting adult, outside of marriage, no longer guarantees a doomed future once it becomes public knowledge. Hell, it might have made Josh seem more human than a fundy robot.  Molesting children, on the other hand, will more likely than not ruin your future. Josh’s fundy community might not care but the greater world always will. People don’t want to be associated with child molesters. It’s the exception to the saying that any publicity is good publicity. 

• Upvote 25

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic