IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 50: Anna Breaking the Opposite of News about the Whodunnit of the Century

HerNameIsBuffy

Came for the Duggars, discovered the Rods, always a sucker for the Staddons and  Wallers. Now the Maxwells  Bontragers and Helferichs  are taking the place of the  11Smiths , Frazers and Neelys who all seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.I really miss the Camusos- Abbie has stopped blogging, (- Dad moved them all again?)and the Parfitts house unfortunately burned down. So my interests have waxed and waned, but  the Duggars will always be up to something , so I'll always be following their threads

• Upvote 8

18 hours ago, Hane said:

think you may be on to something here. Let’s say a Christian-ish fundie lite maiden with a backbone of steel comes along and says all the right things in front of TITRod’s parents. He scoops her up, because his options are limited. And then she whips him into shape. He goes along with it because, hey, look at Jill and Dave’s dynamic. Jill makes a big damn deal about making concessions to Dave that are really pretty minor—meanwhile, she runs the whole show.

That sure would be nice, but his personality would preclude that. We don’t call him Timcel for nothing. His poor social skills and his lack of insight regarding how he comes across are likely red flags to any fundie maiden. And there is his terrifying enmeshment with his momma. 
  Given his attitude toward women, the only hope I see is that some kind man takes him under his wing, but that man would have to be very motivated and extremely skillful to deal with Tim’s arrogance and the lack of self esteem it conceals. 
  It is so sad. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

39 minutes ago, Bastet said:

And there is his terrifying enmeshment with his momma. 

When Tim went off to Moody, I actually had hopes he could get away from his Momma enough to make the break in spite of his social ineptness and arrogance.  IIRC, Jill carried on like he was dead when the Rods left him at Moody.   As terrible as it sounds, maybe if she left him alone like he was, he might have had a chance to make the necessary emotional break with her.   It seems that with Momma continuing to loom large in his life that might have kept him from losing the arrogance and learning how to deal with people because she was around enough to reinforce the thinking she instilled in him.

Sure it would have been tough for him but it would have opened his eyes somewhat to how the real world works.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

The Duggars were my gateway fundies, then I fell down the Maxwell rabbit hole, then the Bontrager one after John Maxwell married Chelsy Bontrager.  No desire to follow Lori Alexander, the Rods, and the Bowers.  I used to follow John Shrader but not so much anymore.  Bates I just have a casual interest at best but may follow more if a lot of shit comes out about Gil Bates and IBLP.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 3

Depending on how much time I have I’ll follow some Duggar threads, Andersons, M is for Mama, and the courtship/engagement and pregnancy/birth threads in QFOS. I’ve popped in to Maxwells and S’Mortons from time to time. Don’t follow Bateseseses at all, and can’t keep up with JRod.

Oh and the Arndts. They’re easy to follow coz nothing ever happens.

• Haha 2

The Duggars were my gateway fundies, but my favorite thread from back in my first lurker days was always the Schupes (Big Families on Purpose?), but they are now off the public internet as I understand it, and for good reasons! There was just something so...I don't know, really. I think it was the doling out of single jelly beans that got me hooked. That and the "feminine wisps." Though I also enjoy a good Pecan story. 

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

The Duggars were my gateway fundies, but my favorite thread from back in my first lurker days was always the Schupes (Big Families on Purpose?), but they are now off the public internet as I understand it, and for good reasons! There was just something so...I don't know, really. I think it was the doling out of single jelly beans that got me hooked. That and the "feminine wisps." Though I also enjoy a good Pecan story. 

I have a similar experience. The Duggars led me to the Maxwells who led me to FJ. This opened up others to me- including the Shupes. I also did like the Shupes. I will have to say my house is a little more organized because of the Shupes- I did take some of her advice. 

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I used to love the J-Rod threads, she’s just SO unashamedly over the top extra. But they move so incredibly fast! The volume feels like when the hugest Duggar scandal hits - but all day, every day. I can’t keep up. 

I can never keep up and would love a parallel, slower J-Rod forum 😅😜

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Ive said this before, I don’t know how anyone could follow both the J’Rod, and Duggar threads. There just is not enough time in the day. Really, I can only hardcore follow Duggar and MisforMama, and then tangentially the Bates and Maxwells. Other than that, there is no way I could find the time.

The Duggars were my gateway fundies over ten years ago. I can hardly believe how long I‘ve been here. When I first found FJ I was 22 years old 😳😳 

Anyway - I used to follow the PP, Maxhell, The Bateseseses, the S‘Mortons and some more families that went off the radar. Now with the baby I‘m glad if I can scroll through this forum and QfoS every once in a while.

• Upvote 7

Wasn’t there drama between Anna and Jill after Nurie’s wedding? Anna unfollowed Jill or something like that? 

• Upvote 5

I joined for the Duggars and then discovered the Andersons. That's pretty much it. I'm already not on here much and don't have time to fall down any more rabbit holes! However, if I did, the Rods would be my next fascination. I occasionally check out Jill on social media and daaaamn. There's always something there to unpack. 

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, SPHASH said:

The Duggars were my gateway fundies, then I fell down the Maxwell rabbit hole, then the Bontrager one after John Maxwell married Chelsy Bontrager.  No desire to follow Lori Alexander, the Rods, and the Bowers.  I used to follow John Shrader but not so much anymore.  Bates I just have a casual interest at best but may follow more if a lot of shit comes out about Gil Bates and IBLP.

The Rods are hard to keep up with, but there's always a lot of thread drift so it's not terrible (I luckily am a fast reader, but if I miss a few days I just jump back in where things are).

Lori Alexander is super easy - She talks about sex and objectifies women's bodies while talking about being "discreet", decries science while getting advanced treatment for her brain tumor, and then decrees that women shouldn't do this or that thing - said thing being something she herself did or does, of course. Basically she lies. 99.999% of the time anything Lori says is a straight up lie. Also she's a mean, nosy, gossipy, bitchy harridan.

I dip into the Duggars and Maxwells from time to time, but usually only follow closely if there's something juicy going on. The trial certainly counts!

I also dip into other threads too when I have time, but don't follow closely, just poke my head in, see what's going on, and leave, generally. 

• Upvote 12

12 hours ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

That and the "feminine wisps."

Didn’t Erica spell it “whisps”?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Wasn’t there drama between Anna and Jill after Nurie’s wedding? Anna unfollowed Jill or something like that? 

I believe it was more speculative drama than anything else, but the fact of the matter is that Jill followed Anna on Instagram before the wedding, and unfollowed her after. IIRC, Jill started following Priscilla and David after the wedding and gushed over them rather than Anna/Pest. The general consensus is that what likely happened was that Jill didn't feel "special" enough by Anna at Nurie's wedding, mistook Priscilla's general politeness and sweet demeanor as fawning, and switched her attention to Priscilla rather than Anna. Not that I'm an expert, but I do think that is likely what happened, and Jill jumped off the David/Priscilla worship train when the Rod Family Band failed to launch at David/Priscilla's church. Jill pumped it up and the performance was awful and sparsely attended, and Jill never spoke of the performance or David/Pris after that. 

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Marshmallow World said:

I believe it was more speculative drama than anything else, but the fact of the matter is that Jill followed Anna on Instagram before the wedding, and unfollowed her after. IIRC, Jill started following Priscilla and David after the wedding and gushed over them rather than Anna/Pest. The general consensus is that what likely happened was that Jill didn't feel "special" enough by Anna at Nurie's wedding, mistook Priscilla's general politeness and sweet demeanor as fawning, and switched her attention to Priscilla rather than Anna. Not that I'm an expert, but I do think that is likely what happened, and Jill jumped off the David/Priscilla worship train when the Rod Family Band failed to launch at David/Priscilla's church. Jill pumped it up and the performance was awful and sparsely attended, and Jill never spoke of the performance or David/Pris after that. 

My own speculation is that Jill tried to treat Anna as her "daughter-in-love" and Anna noped right out of that.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Yes, apparently the day after the nurptuals Anna unfollowed Jill.  Some speculated that it was because the Kellers chose to have a anniversary celebration in the middle of the wedding and had a much nicer cake than the actual wedding cake.

Hard as this is to say, if that's the reason I'm with Jill on that one.  It did look like they were trying to upstage the wedding with a side party and that was a shitty thing to do to Nathan and Nurie.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 10

47 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

My own speculation is that Jill tried to treat Anna as her "daughter-in-love" and Anna noped right out of that.

I can definitely see Jill wanting to do this & Anna saying no. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

18 hours ago, Bastet said:

That sure would be nice, but his personality would preclude that. We don’t call him Timcel for nothing. His poor social skills and his lack of insight regarding how he comes across are likely red flags to any fundie maiden. And there is his terrifying enmeshment with his momma. 

I watched his latest installment of.....whatever his YouTube videos are supposed to be. So disturbing. It's astounding that he really thinks he's in a position to give anyone advice about anything. And the poor dog.

I can't follow the JRod threads. Too fast. Is the camper he's living in on the Rod property? Is this a way of pretending he's living on his own?  I have a really bad feeling about this dude and his future. He is so creepy.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, apparently the day after the nurptuals Anna unfollowed Jill.  Some speculated that it was because the Keller's chose to have a anniversary celebration in the middle of the wedding and had a much nicer cake than the actual wedding cake.

Hard as this is to say, if that's the reason I'm with Jill on that one.  It did look like they were trying to upstage the wedding with a side party and that was a shitty thing to do to Nathan and Nurie.  

Yeah apparently some people have to be told the things that should be understood - including that you do NOT use a wedding or it's reception or it's rehearsal for your own announcements or celebrations. If it needs to be around the wedding for purposes of people getting together, you tell the bride and groom privately first and then schedule a dinner or something the day after the wedding for the big announcement. Or just wait and send out a big email a week later saying "It was wonderful seeing everyone to celebrate so and so's wedding, and now we have another celebration to announce!"

Ironically though Jill is EXACTLY the sort of person to break that rule, and announce her own pregnancy/daughter's pregnancy/anniversary/courtship/engagement/whatever at someone else's event. Or even just turn the event into her own baby shower or grandma shower or whatever.

5 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I watched his latest installment of.....whatever his YouTube videos are supposed to be. So disturbing. It's astounding that he really thinks he's in a position to give anyone advice about anything. And the poor dog.

I can't follow the JRod threads. Too fast. Is the camper he's living in on the Rod property? Is this a way of pretending he's living on his own?  I have a really bad feeling about this dude and his future. He is so creepy.

Yep, his camper is parked beside the barndo. I always had the Anderson and Naugler boys pegged as "most likely to commit a violent crime" but Tim's crept up to them on that list. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, apparently the day after the nurptuals Anna unfollowed Jill.  Some speculated that it was because the Keller's chose to have a anniversary celebration in the middle of the wedding and had a much nicer cake than the actual wedding cake.

I think we concluded that the real timeline of the anniversary party was less obnoxious than it was presented on Jill’s social media. I don’t see why Anna would have unfollowed Jill because of that, and there are plenty of other possibilities. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think we concluded that the real timeline of the anniversary party was less obnoxious than it was presented on Jill’s social media. I don’t see why Anna would have unfollowed Jill because of that, and there are plenty of other possibilities. 

I had no idea FJ collectively reached a conclusion on whether that was crappy or not.  I'm going to just continue to have my own opinion, if that's okay.  :) 

I also didn't say there were no other possibilities, I said if that was the reason.  Not that it was the reason.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

She could have unfollowed Jill because it's Jill. She's pretty exhausting on a good day and all those Plexus shills have got to be annoying. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Priscilla was in the wedding and I would bet dollars to donuts that Anna passed on the “honor.” Jill wanted Anna in a near-cabbage dress grinning next to her but Anna attended in a shapeless outfit and there were no selfie of them together. Jill was thrilled to feature Josh on her footage of the groom’s dinner. I think that some of Jill’s weird “everyone is against us, and also they are all sinners” includes the very publicly pants-wearing Duggar women. Also, Jill was pleased as punch when they parked there and did laundry— so many pictures! She has clearly not been invited back. She’s not a sister in love, as someone said above. 

In Shupe news, Karen is a mama to a beautiful baby living her beautiful and independent life in CA AND recently stopped in to our FJ thread. She is delightful, but not saying much. Which is a beautiful postscript to that long LFOP story that I miss so much. 

Edited by fundiewatch
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Priscilla was in the wedding and I would bet dollars to donuts that Anna passed on the “honor.” Jill wanted Anna in a near-cabbage dress grinning next to her but Anna attended in a shapeless outfit and there were no selfie of them together. Jill was thrilled to feature Josh on her footage of the groom’s dinner. I think that some of Jill’s weird “everyone is against us, and also they are all sinners” includes the very publicly pants-wearing Duggar women. Also, Jill was pleased as punch when they parked there and did laundry— so many pictures! She has clearly not been invited back. She’s not a sister in love, as someone said above. 

In Shupe news, Karen is a mama to a beautiful baby living her beautiful and independent life in CA AND recently stopped in to our FJ thread. She is delightful, but not saying much. Which is a beautiful postscript to that long LFOP story that I miss so much. 

I remember that, Anna was dressed like she was going to Aldi.  Too bad she didn't have her husband's defense team yet to buy her an outfit appropriate for the occasion.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

Am I completely misremembering? I don't recall Anna/Josh following JillandCo at all in the first place - just JillandCo unfollowing Anna/Josh. 

Also, why the heck am I talking about JillRod in a Duggar thread? I guess Anna is related. Out of curiosity, I checked Anna insta (I'll have to take a shower now, thanks) and she only follows 50 people. I don't know if she always followed that few people, but I just don't think JillRod would make the cut? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic