IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

8 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

???? Why would he wave the flag when they came to the BATE’s house? Sorry but if the person worked for TLC they didn’t do the Bates and it’s not as if that’s a quick error (like it happens here when we are jumping through both families a lot). How often do reality crews use power tools on set?

Sorry, but this post reads not very believable to me. 
I don’t doubt that those mentioned sentiments are very visible in those households. Nothing new there. But this sounds more like a very personal attack because of his latest post and not necessarily the real account of someone working with them.

In addition to the Bateses having their own TLC show for a season (United Bates of America), 19* Kids and Counting did feature the Bateses several times, including a trip to the Bates home to help remodel it. It wasn't until the Bateses moved to Up that TLC stopped showing them on the Duggar shows. I'm not saying this person is credible, but the TLC crews were at the Bates home with the Duggars on at least one occasion. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

It sounds like this “PA” got pushed at James for his post and decided to tell everyone he has childhood traits of a serial killer. I think many people have heard about the triad of things that serial killers do in childhood 1) harm animals 2) wet the bed well past the typical age 3) play with fire. The fact that the person gave 2 in their post makes me think they just want to paint him as a serial killer in the making because they are pissed he posted a shitty meme on Instagram. I’m just getting more skeptical in my old age 😉

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

There is no need to diagnosis James as a future serial killer to conclude he is a shitty person with shitty views. That reddit post was all over the place. I am def skeptical of posting what James smells like. I am perrturbed but not shocked to hear he might be cruel to animals. However, since I don't see where the poster elaborated on that I am somewhat skeptical of that claim. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I’m skeptic, too, for reasons you’ve all mentioned. Especially the triad of serial killer traits; too convenient. What I also don’t find believable is him talking “casually” at a young age about abortionists and homosexuals burning in hell. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

His smelling like pee is the fault of his parents. We know those kids were neglected. My son has pee accidents and I make sure he changes his clothing. I’m sure JB and Michelle were too busy to care if James wet his pants. She probably didn’t feel like doing more laundry. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Jason was born in April 2000. The house building episode with the Bates aired in August 2009, so it was filmed when he was 8-9 years old. The Bates show premiered in 2012. I agree that any behaviors at those ages are the parents’ fault. A nine-year-old (or even 12) waving a Confederate flag is parroting others at that point. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Cam said:

I’m skeptic, too, for reasons you’ve all mentioned. Especially the triad of serial killer traits; too convenient. What I also don’t find believable is him talking “casually” at a young age about abortionists and homosexuals burning in hell. 

I actually find that comment way more believable than punting animals. A 4 year old boy (with very liberal parents but attends a Lutheran preschool 10 hours a week) recently told me eagerly you can go the “hell place” if you get a divorce, did I know that?! I can assure you he didn’t hear that from his parents. Makes you wonder exactly what he’s hearing at preschool. I find it completely believable small children in a cult can casually talk about “baby killers” and gays going to hell. It takes age and experience to speak about controversial topics tactfully. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I actually find that comment way more believable than punting animals. A 4 year old boy (with very liberal parents but attends a Lutheran preschool 10 hours a week) recently told me eagerly you can go the “hell place” if you get a divorce, did I know that?! I can assure you he didn’t hear that from his parents. Makes you wonder exactly what he’s hearing at preschool. I find it completely believable small children in a cult can casually talk about “baby killers” and gays going to hell. It takes age and experience to speak about controversial topics tactfully. 

Yes, Zsu has gleefully posted the terrible things her young children have said (or drawn pictures of) that have been much along this same vein. 

• Upvote 7

I can see him waving a confederate flag at the Bates. The casual way the Bates reacted to Nathan mocking the death of George Floyd combined with the family having a shrine to the Confederacy makes me think they would probably encourage such behavior, especially if they thought it would make some of the cast members uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

We are not religious. My husband and I are agnostic and we have never taken my kids to a church service. Yet they pick up so much religious stuff from friends, tv, music, etc. It is just so strange to hear your kid talking about heaven when you’ve literally never taught your kid anything about heaven. 

• Upvote 15

59 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Jason was born in April 2000. The house building episode with the Bates aired in August 2009, so it was filmed when he was 8-9 years old. The Bates show premiered in 2012. I agree that any behaviors at those ages are the parents’ fault. A nine-year-old (or even 12) waving a Confederate flag is parroting others at that point. 

Plus if he’s a hyperactive or just impulsive kid - he’s 9! Probably has just been released from a long boring ride in the rv, over-excited to be at a new place and starts waving around a flag and acting like a generally over-amped, annoyingly loud and destructive little boy. - That seems far more plausible than being a 9 year old waving a particular flag as a political statement to anger the production crew. Some kids that age are just really f*ing irritating and impulsive, and think all sorts of gross or rude or dangerous things are hilarious - that aren’t. And lots of them are also really bad at hygiene. Sounds like a kid who is on the louder, more irritating end of gross little kids. But not like a serial killer. Some of that is parenting, but a lot of it is just immaturity and personality- most outgrow it. Some will struggle with the tone-deaf, impulse control, not reading the room social cue parts long term. Hardly rare.

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Cam said:

This is basically where I'm at. Shit on James all you want for the things he provides us with. There's no reason to make shit up. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

My younger son has potty accidents and is a strange little man sometimes. It’s not surprising since I was a strange and quirky kid. He takes after his mom. Our family motto is that “everyone is at least a little bit weird.” It keeps the world interesting. I resent people who assume that strange children will turn into something sinister as adults. It’s shitty tbh. 

• Upvote 10

I just don’t see a little kid even understanding what abortion means. These children aren’t supposed to know anything about the birds and the bees. Or how is he supposed to know about homosexuality at a young age? If he said what the PA claimed, and I’m still not believing, it would also be parroting. I think it really is a matter of someone ramping up the hate on James after his social media post. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

These people have their young children out protesting abortion clinics on the regular. They are definitely taught about evil women who kill their babies. 

Edited by MsSaylor
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

7 hours ago, Cam said:

Oddly, that is the part I found easiest to believe.  Kids will echo their parents and adults around them.  James may not have known what “abortionists” or “homosexuals” did exactly, but he may have been told that it was evil and would lead to their burning in hell.

I may have told this story before, but I will never forget how a 5-year-old preached at me for wearing slacks (“the garb of a man”) and how this made me an impious and impure woman who would go to hell.  The father, instead of being apologetic and shutting him up, nodded approvingly and looked at me with an “out of the mouth of babes,” look.

Kids repeat what they hear at home.

2 hours ago, Cam said:

I just don’t see a little kid even understanding what abortion means. These children aren’t supposed to know anything about the birds and the bees. Or how is he supposed to know about homosexuality at a young age? If he said what the PA claimed, and I’m still not believing, it would also be parroting. I think it really is a matter of someone ramping up the hate on James after his social media post. 

They don’t need to understand it.  They know that babies come from God and that abortion kills babies in the womb who are just like born babies.

They don’t need to know what homosexuals do, only that they are bad sinners.  (I didn’t know what homosexuals did until I was around 14, but I knew they existed.)

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Oddly, that is the part I found easiest to believe.  Kids will echo their parents and adults around them.  James may not have known what “abortionists” or “homosexuals” did exactly, but he may have been told that it was evil and would lead to their burning in hell.

I may have told this story before, but I will never forget how a 5-year-old preached at me for wearing slacks (“the garb of a man”) and how this made me an impious and impure woman who would go to hell.  The father, instead of being apologetic and shutting him up, nodded approvingly and looked at me with an “out of the mouth of babes,” look.

Kids repeat what they hear at home.

I agree that kids repeat what they hear at home. That’s horrible what a kid did to you. I would be pissed if that happened to me. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I agree that kids repeat what they hear at home. That’s horrible what a kid did to you. I would be pissed if that happened to me. 

I was more shocked that the father didn’t stop him than upset at what he was saying.  In my world, kids did not lecture adults they didn’t know.  I really expected the father to hush him and apologize to me for the kid’s rudeness.  It was weird.  And I was definitely angry, but only at the rudeness.  I sure didn’t take his lecture seriously. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I was more shocked that the father didn’t stop him than upset at what he was saying.  In my world, kids did not lecture adults they didn’t know.  I really expected the father to hush him and apologize to me for the kid’s rudeness.  It was weird.  And I was definitely angry, but only at the rudeness.  I sure didn’t take his lecture seriously. 

Totally understand. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

???? Why would he wave the flag when they came to the BATE’s house? Sorry but if the person worked for TLC they didn’t do the Bates and it’s not as if that’s a quick error (like it happens here when we are jumping through both families a lot). How often do reality crews use power tools on set?

Sorry, but this post reads not very believable to me. 
I don’t doubt that those mentioned sentiments are very visible in those households. Nothing new there. But this sounds more like a very personal attack because of his latest post and not necessarily the real account of someone working with them.

Did they definitely mean “film crew,” not “work crew”? If the alleged incident happened, it would have been in 2008 or 2009, when the Duggars were helping the Bates add on to their house.

• Upvote 2

There are fundies who drag their kids straight out of the womb to abortion clinics to protest. They use their baby as a prop while yelling at women entering the building. The kids hear all of it. They give the kids sidewalk chalk to write messages like “god loves your baby.” Kids even cry outside the clinics because their parents are telling them the doctors inside are murdering babies. And most kids I know love babies. My son would cry too if I told him that. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 3

The Bates were on 19K&C or whatever it was before they got their own show.  It could be real, but you're right... it doesn't read as the most truthful posts ever.  And at the time when the Bates were on the show, James was pretty young I'd imagine.  James was born in 2001 and United Bates of America aired in 2012, so at most he would have been 11.  Plenty of little kids are idiots parroting their parents, but it seems a bit much to actively hate someone who isn't even a teenager.

ETA: for some reason I though I'd read all the posts and others among you had already said much of this.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
  • Upvote 3

So I happened upon the original 16 Children and Moving In show, and there’s a scene where JB says they bought 20 acres for their home in the hopes that each of the children would eventually settle down and start their own families on the property. Bahahahahahahahaahhahaha. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, Freejin said:

So I happened upon the original 16 Children and Moving In show, and there’s a scene where JB says they bought 20 acres for their home in the hopes that each of the children would eventually settle down and start their own families on the property. Bahahahahahahahaahhahaha. 

I actually wonder why that plan didn’t come to fruition. Two of the families ended up living on the property, but they only built a proper house for Joe. Why didn’t they build a real house for Josh? Did the other kids balk at the idea of living so close to their parents? Another interesting chapter for a tell all.

• Upvote 9

Too lazy to build 1, let alone 20, houses. Without TLC there wouldn’t even be a TTH.

• Upvote 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic