IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict 2

HerNameIsBuffy

58 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Right now I'm focused on judging the actions today on this issue, not who they are overall as people.  That will reappear, but when I applaud them for making unequivocal statements about Josh's guilt, or the supporting their wives during a very painful time it's not a pass on whatever horrible beliefs they also have.  It doesn't mean I'd vote for any of them or find Jesus because of them...just that in this instance when doing the wrong thing would compound the harm I am glad they are supportive now.  

I agree and I think you said this better than I could have. I do wonder if it's an eye opener as to "sin flattening" not being an accurate framework for the realities of life.

I am generally impressed with the SonILs. I feel pretty validated about not immediately hating Derrick and Jeremy as much as I felt I should have at the times they first came around. Horrible as I'm sure most of their broad beliefs remain, I am happy that their messaging seems aimed at a variety of audiences while maintaining that Josh deserves this punishment. Austin seems good for Joy too.

On another note, Derrick's recent reaming of JB made me think of something. Let's say everything JB has done in regards to Josh's proclivities is something that he ultimately admits is a horrible mistake (by force or otherwise). If what Derrick said is accurate, I don't think JB knows a framework in which to really cope with having made a horrible mistake. At least, it took me a while to learn as a young adult how to deal with and try to address harm that my mistakes could create. How hard would it be for him if he tried?

Although I honestly think he's gonna go the way of the Smith dad: doubling down and destroying his family relationships in the process. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Smee said:

I HOPE Jill feels the same coz I can’t imagine how awful it would be to see your spouse publicly declare that about your parent. But she hasn’t been JB’s favoured one for years now, so I expect the trial was the final straw for her to be like “I’m done, he’s dead to me, say whatever you want and to hell with the consequences”. I just hope her still-at-home siblings aren’t prevented from seeing her, especially James and Jennifer.

can someone post a screenshot or copy/paste the original post from Holt? I’m interested to see what he’s saying about it all.

I agree.  I just realized I am assuming a lot and giving Derick all the benefits of doubt here.  I am guessing that Jill agrees but whether she likes Derick speaking so honestly to the public is another.   She may not speak up for herself to him like that.  She was trained not to.  It's a lot to get over and non-cult or even particularly religious women and girls can relate to having difficulty speaking up for ourselves.  That whole mindset is ingrained in almost all our cultures.  

If it wasn't your partner, you know someone or 20 with a dominating, boundary pushing and/or a loud mouth.  It's awful.   I sincerely hope Jill is like " get 'em, honey!"   I really do.  I picture it that way but what? Are they reading SM and replying together or is Jill hanging out with her boys and cooking dinner and Derick is being messy?  Big difference.  

• Upvote 14

17 hours ago, MadameOvary said:

Just a feeling, really. They have gone silent so are perhaps distancing themselves from the Duggar shit show. Also they don't appear to be breeding at quiverfull levels.

I dunno. Josiah was the only Duggar to contribute to Boob's campaign. That indicates a decent level of support.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I dunno. Josiah was the only Duggar to contribute to Boob's campaign. That indicates a decent level of support.

Oh, did he? I didn't know that. Pity. I always thought he would be the one to leave, but maybe it's the Jessa & Jana effect - the evil parents have broken him more forcefully than some of the others 🙁

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4

While I’m sure he did donate I wonder if Jim Bob wouldn’t be sneaky and donate himself in his sons name. I wouldn’t be surprised if JB read these threads and saw that Josiah and Lauren didn’t get too much flack because they keep a pretty low profile so he figured a donation in Josiahs name will stir the pot and get him on the FJ outs again. That’s my conspiracy theory [emoji1787]
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 5

My current conspiracy theory (and no, please don't assume I'm serious) is that Jim Holt is behind the whole Duggar fiasco, in an effort to take revenge for his failed campaign twenty years ago. I mean, clearly he was the one who framed Josh - why else would Ms Bobeye have come out of the woodwork to testify? And he probably had access to the car lot, so he downloaded stuff behind Josh's back. And kidnapped that poor M kid from under Jana's nose. Plus, he made that post about Jim Bob being dishonest and all, guys! It all fits! It's the truth!

Gods, I can't even pretend I believe it...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 36

My current conspiracy theory (and no, please don't assume I'm serious) is that Jim Holt is behind the whole Duggar fiasco, in an effort to take revenge for his failed campaign twenty years ago. I mean, clearly he was the one who framed Josh - why else would Ms Bobeye have come out of the woodwork to testify? And he probably had access to the car lot, so he downloaded stuff behind Josh's back. And kidnapped that poor M kid from under Jana's nose. Plus, he made that post about Jim Bob being dishonest and all, guys! It all fits! It's the truth!

Don’t give the defense appeals team any ideas [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 29

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

And WOACB goes live with new insider info in 3...2...

• Haha 46
  • I Agree 1

On 12/14/2021 at 7:27 PM, shesinsane said:

Comedian John Fugelsang isn't fundy, but he's the son of a former Carmelite nun and former Franciscan brother, that should count for something. He wrote a poem:

There once was a homophobe: Huckabee.
A bigot blessed by divine luck-abee.
But when he fought for Josh Duggar, this pedophile hugger, 
proved he was just one more big fake Christian schmuck-abee.

Don't know anything about him at all, but I'm thinking if those are his parents they are from the very left, anti-institutional segment of the Catholic Church. He probably has a notebook full of these, including directed at certain Catholic clergy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

As someone who is equal parts lazy and nosy, without an Instagram account and a bit (ok, a LOT) intimidated by Reddit, thank you to everyone posting links here! It is very appreciated ❤️

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7

On 12/15/2021 at 7:07 PM, Beermeet said:

I agree.  I just realized I am assuming a lot and giving Derick all the benefits of doubt here.  I am guessing that Jill agrees but whether she likes Derick speaking so honestly to the public is another.   She may not speak up for herself to him like that.  She was trained not to.  It's a lot to get over and non-cult or even particularly religious women and girls can relate to having difficulty speaking up for ourselves.  That whole mindset is ingrained in almost all our cultures.  

If it wasn't your partner, you know someone or 20 with a dominating, boundary pushing and/or a loud mouth.  It's awful.   I sincerely hope Jill is like " get 'em, honey!"   I really do.  I picture it that way but what? Are they reading SM and replying together or is Jill hanging out with her boys and cooking dinner and Derick is being messy?  Big difference.  

Oh, I don't think that timid little Jill is around anymore. She seems more assertive, less intimidated and more able to speak her mind these days. I think Derick likes that she is more assertive, I got the feeling he got tired of the doormat. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Oh, I don't think that timid little Jill is around anymore. She seems more assertive, less intimidated and more able to speak her mind these days. I think Derick likes that she is more assertive, I got the feeling he got tired of the doormat. 

I like this version much better.

I shall use it heretofore.   😂

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

A568FF1B-2862-472F-9F04-266C3DFE9E9F.thumb.jpeg.5f4a07b528aad8530d1b1dbeae277f18.jpeg

She tweets about Josh next one up so this is about him.

Background: I self-identify as a Christian.

I absolutely, absolutely agree with Beth Moore.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, apple1 said:

Background: I self-identify as a Christian.

I absolutely, absolutely agree with Beth Moore.

Could Beth Moore also be throwing some shade at JB and Michelle with her post?

15 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

A568FF1B-2862-472F-9F04-266C3DFE9E9F.thumb.jpeg.5f4a07b528aad8530d1b1dbeae277f18.jpeg

She tweets about Josh next one up so this is about him.

• Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, Cam said:

Yes, absolutely! 

I am a Christian, but have never been a big fan of Beth Moore, but if she keeps this up I may change my view. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bassett Lady said:

Yes, absolutely! 

I am a Christian, but have never been a big fan of Beth Moore, but if she keeps this up I may change my view. 

I used to say I didn't care for her, either, but I feel that, for a good while, she has been growing and standing up for what she personally thinks.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Cam said:

I imagine, yes? She’s been public about her own background as a survivor of abuse and is a strong advocate for survivors. She had a bit more to say here…

27FD9076-C657-4715-AA86-8B328232F244.thumb.png.89c3d9e21faf261243545eb65be036fe.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

On 12/16/2021 at 11:37 PM, feministxtian said:

Agree.  When she and Derick were first married, Jill seemed very, very clingy and didn't know what to do with herself.  I think it surprised Derick and was probably one of the first "surprises" he learned about the "wholesome christian family" he married into.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Agree.  When she and Derick were first married, Jill seemed very, very clingy and didn't know what to do with herself.  I think it surprised Derick and was probably one of the first "surprises" he learned about the "wholesome christian family" he married into.

When Jill got married, she had never been alone. No wonder she was so clingy. Look at her now! She was what? 23 when she got married? Emotionally she was probably closer to 12. She had never been allowed to mature emotionally. Then she's thrust into a world where she's expected to be an instant adult. 

JSlob and  OfJslob did no favors to those children. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1

On 12/17/2021 at 12:43 AM, Beermeet said:

I like this version much better.

I shall use it heretofore.   😂

Heretofore is a fun word. Thanks for making me smile😋

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Of course he does.  Never change Bro. 

Never change your use of language! Please change basically everything else though…! Then I could watch him for the entertainment value. Something his awful behaviour and ideologies currently prevent me from doing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

On 12/18/2021 at 10:58 PM, feministxtian said:

When Jill got married, she had never been alone. No wonder she was so clingy. Look at her now! She was what? 23 when she got married? Emotionally she was probably closer to 12. She had never been allowed to mature emotionally. Then she's thrust into a world where she's expected to be an instant adult. 

JSlob and  OfJslob did no favors to those children. 

No they didn't do any favors to their kids.   At all.   And events in recent weeks certainly showed yet one more time, how they failed their kids.

And another thing that Jill needed to adjust to (I remember this being discussed at the time) was the concept of going to work at an outside job and the necessary obligations in holding it down with regards to Derick.   She was used to "Duggar time" and also it was mentioned that JB was often at home, not having to leave the house on a regular basis in order to work, so she was used to him being around.    The idea that a regular job involved being away from home was just alien to her.   

I got married around same age as Jill and while there are always adjustments to make early in marriage the idea of Mr. No being away because of  work was not one of them. 

I was a bit worried for Jill at first but she's come a long way.   And while Derick can be a jerk at times, he has shown to be a supportive husband to her.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6