IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 47: Serial SM Commenter Anna Silent on Family Posts Lately. I Wonder Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

13 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Not exactly exciting news, but a Redditor reports that the shack that served as an office in Josh’s car lot has just been removed.

Shed Removal

Good. It needed to go.

• Upvote 9

Okay I am still back digging through 2015 ,  I want to see if the AMA timeline makes sense because it's compelling.   I am trying to figure out when Derick and Jill went to Central America.   I found a US mag article talking about how Derick and Jill came back for a visit and returned with Joy in tow in mid August.   I am trying to go back though and figure out when they first left. 

I went back through the Dillard archives and.... I will be damned if I can find it in the Dillard archives because of thread drift.....  :)  

I give up fellow FJers, you win, I can't keep up with you all. 😆  Rufus help me.

Edited by Fjrocks
humor
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 7
  • Haha 10

9 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I'd love for them to watch it, and see this person who doesn't know them at all is so incredibly outraged on their behalf. That while their parents did the bare minimum to protect them and spent most of their energy on covering for Josh, others see that happened and are angry about it. It'd be good for them to see an outside view of how seriously messed up the way they were raised was, and that other people care about that and see it. They've spent so much time "keeping sweet" and minimizing what was done to them, I hope they understand it's OK to be angry. Other people are angry about what happened to them, too.

Seeing other people get angry about my abuse helped me to see just how bad it was a cut through my denial. 

Spoiler

Once I was physically abused so badly that the house was damaged as well and my parents had to call in contractors. My mom’s response was it wasn’t a big deal because she only did it the one time by which I think she meant she only needed contractors the one time. Telling people that story and seeing the rage on people’s faces helped me realize that this was abuse and eventually that I wasn’t at fault for the incident, though I still struggle with self blame.

8 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

The most interesting tidbit so far from the AMA. This guy has been verified by the Mods, by the way, I assume he had to show pictures of his employment contract. 

3FAA475A-1893-4AF1-AECC-E114657DC574.jpeg

I’ve been able to identify which dvd someone is watching in their car. So depending on the size of the cell and the quality of the video it could be identifiable. 

7 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Is it possible growing up in their circles impacted their ability to sense a creep? 

That being said I agree with being skeptical of this guy.

Growing up in abuse made it very difficult for me to recognize abuse.

7 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

The daughters are also very active on social media, whereas the sons are not.  That may come into play for those who choose to speak out now.  Frankly, I feel they all have a right to remain silent on this if they choose.  They are not the ones who did the crime, they just have the unfortunate reality of being related to the one who did.  All these kids are victims of this lifestyle in one way or another.  Some of them probably want to just hide under a rock and pretend they have no connection to Josh.  

They are all victims, even Jim Bob and Michelle. The difference is some of them are now also perpetrators.

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He's been an adult for a long time, he could have sought help on his own at any point without doing what he did.  

Indeed. I could have abused someone and continued the cycle or gotten help. I chose to March my ass to therapy 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 10

8 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Okay I am still back digging through 2015 ,  I want to see if the AMA timeline makes sense because it's compelling.   I am trying to figure out when Derick and Jill went to Central America.   I found a US mag article talking about how Derick and Jill came back for a visit and returned with Joy in tow in mid August.   I am trying to go back though and figure out when they first left. 

I went back through the Dillard archives and.... I will be damned if I can find it in the Dillard archives because of thread drift.....  :)  

I give up fellow FJers, you win, I can't keep up with you all. 😆

They left when early July, when Izzy was about three months old.

https://people.com/celebrity/inside-jill-duggar-dillard-and-husband-dericks-life-in-el-salvador-photos/

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

7 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

I give up fellow FJers, you win, I can't keep up with you all. 😆  Rufus help me.

I believe they went to CA in late June or early July. I remember being shocked that they would take such a young baby out of the country, and was wondering if they would get him regular newborn care and immunizations while they were gone. The Dillards did seem to spend a great deal of time in the US though. I think the longest stretch in CA was when she was PG with Sam, so early 2017. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

13 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

A little off topic but not sure where to ask, there was a 19KAC episode and JChelle told the clan they were expecting (I think it was Josie IIRC). They were all on a stage and one of the boys ran off crying or said something less than joyful-who was the boy, does anyone know?

I believe it was Josiah when she was expecting Jubilee. Even a kid had sense enough to know enough was enough and was probably worried for his mom and the baby after Josie.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

There is speculation on Reddit that Josh had assets sufficient to pay for his own defense. Specifically, Josh had made enough money flipping houses and other real-estate deals that he had more than the $100,000 that folks estimate the defense cost.

Who Paid for Josh’s Defense

I am not sure how well-supported this is because I got tired of following links, but I thought it was an interesting new angle.

8C78B4D1-913C-491F-A622-7D92CD80C03F.jpeg

Edited by EmCatlyn
Add picture
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

There is speculation on Reddit that Josh had assets sufficient to pay for his own defense. Specifically, Josh had made enough money flipping houses and other real-estate deals that he had more than the $100,000 that folks estimate the defense cost.

I am not sure how well-supported this is because I got tired of following links, but I thought it was an interesting new angle.

Josh Duggar spent one million on his lawyers and all he got is a lousy prison jumpsuit.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 29
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

So he knew he would likely be gone for a long time and he still spent a ton of money on a futile defense rather than leaving it for his wife who won’t work to take care of his children. Priorities. 

• Upvote 28

4 hours ago, Emma said:

Just a thought, here, please don’t blast me.  Josh apparently reached out for help several times, confessing to his dad and Bobye. Maybe he knew something was really wrong with him and he needed help. But he never got the proper help that he needed. Maybe he wanted to get caught because that was the only way he could get the proper help. That could explain the smile in his mugshots. “At last, I’m going to get away from these people and get the help I really need.” 
Just a thought.

And to try to be somewhat fair - the “proper help” for someone as clearly seriously disordered as he appears to be — might very well be institutionalization - not specialized therapy or medication or any kind of short term treatment. It is just a shame that prison is the only sort of institution around, and there isn’t some sort of permanent, humane, comfortable place away from society where people who just can’t control their violent/ abhorrent urges can live. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Wasn’t the Intouch incident only possible because JB didn’t follow through with instructions to get JJD’s juvenile record sealed? Laziness has consequences-

Right, if they had had Josh properly prosecuted through juvenile court his record would have been sealed. Since Josh was never charged, any info. was subject to FOIA.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

Yeah but who is this person posting this?

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Riffles
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I find the idea of Josh Duggar amassing a million dollars due to flipping homes in Arkansas pretty hard to believe.  Seriously, if he had that kind of cash, what's he doing living in a windowless converted garage/out building on his parents' property?  If flipping houses was so lucrative, why did he end up sitting in a tollbooth on a crappy used car lot every day?  

I just finished listening to  Hidden True Crime podcast about his guilty verdict.  The guest was a woman identified only as Shellie.  She has no connection to the Duggars but was involved in a similar church.  It was very thought-provoking.  She has a definite opinion on Anna as well.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

17 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I just hear "Hi I'm Michelle and this is Jim Bob my wonderful husband and our children Josh, Jana, John David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joyanna, Jeddidiah, Jeramiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and our latest precious addition, Josie" whenever I need to remember them. I hate it so much. I wonder where I can get a lobotomy.

Can you also do the Bateses? I only know the first 3 of them, and couldn’t identify any after Josie, reliably-

Just now, SassyPants said:

Can you also do the Bateses? I only know the first 3 of them, and couldn’t identify any after Josie, reliably-

All right lets give it a try: Zach, Michaela, Erin, Lawson, Nathan, Alyssa (I think! She trips me up since she got married so young), Tori, Trace, Carlin, Josie, Katie, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah, Addallee, Ellie (?), Callie, Judson, Jeb.

Someone check me and tell me how ashamed I am.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

For me the CDAN story about Jana is more believable and that may be the silliest thing I've read in weeks.  

I can't find the CDAN story, can you link/elaborate?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Taking an injured child to a hospital in a different state to hide them from CPS makes zero sense. Is he saying they already had an active CPS case in Arkansas, that was somehow hidden ? Because unless that’s true, any hospital will have roughly the same reporting requirements. An Oklahoma hospital would just call CPS in the county they lived in if they had serious suspicions and make a report to be investigated where they live. There’s certainly a lot less likelihood of follow-through - but that would be a far from fool-proof plan. Is he saying they gave fake names? What seems more likely, if it’s true they went out of state instead of to a local dr for a kid injury - is maybe they happen to know a good orthopedist who can set a broken arm from an accidental injury and since they have planes- why not that instead of a wait at an ER. Or something similar - kid needs medical attention for x,y or z, they know a good dr in that field, they have means to transport quickly, damn they even have paramedics - why not, if its not something that requires absolute emergency treatment? 

I am pretty sure I remember it as him saying they took the child to a "friend" (who then treated them) out of state rather than the er 

I got the impression that the person they took them too would cover for them 

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Emma said:

Just a thought, here, please don’t blast me.  Josh apparently reached out for help several times, confessing to his dad and Bobye. Maybe he knew something was really wrong with him and he needed help. But he never got the proper help that he needed. Maybe he wanted to get caught because that was the only way he could get the proper help. That could explain the smile in his mugshots. “At last, I’m going to get away from these people and get the help I really need.” 
Just a thought.

Not blasting at all! But, I have to admit I take statements that Josh "confessed" with a big helping of salt. We know now based on Bobye's testimony that two of the girls physically fought back. We know one or two told their parents. I think "Josh confessed of his own volition because he felt so bad" is largely an invention of JB and Michelle to make him look less predatory. Perhaps there is a grain of truth, but ultimately we know now that he did this repeatedly and frequently, that two girls reported it to their parents themselves, and that there were physical altercations. That doesn't square with the idea that Josh knew it was wrong and genuinely wanted help.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Where is the Medic Corp Physician located? Did JD call in a favor?

ETA. Nevermind. He is in Michigan. 

Edited by Chickenbutt
Did my research....lol
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, molecule said:

This is entirely possible. I was once at a stoplight and could see the phone of the person driving the car in the lane next to me. I couldn't see details, but there was clearly a large naked bosom followed by a view of the crotchal area. 

Was it Josh 🤣

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Right, if they had had Josh properly prosecuted through juvenile court his record would have been sealed. Since Josh was never charged, any info. was subject to FOIA.

Thank you. I thought this was a snafu d/t JBD’s decisions at the time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I just hear "Hi I'm Michelle and this is Jim Bob my wonderful husband and our children Josh, Jana, John David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joyanna, Jeddidiah, Jeramiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and our latest precious addition, Josie" whenever I need to remember them. I hate it so much. I wonder where I can get a lobotomy.

All I can hear is Jedidiah, Jedidiah,Jedidiah, Jedidiah etc 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Speaking of money…I wonder if Anna has to ask or beg JBD for money, or does she get a set amount direct deposited into her account every 2 weeks?  What a horrible situation to be in. She needs to get herself to social services tout suite.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

I find the idea of Josh Duggar amassing a million dollars due to flipping homes in Arkansas pretty hard to believe.  Seriously, if he had that kind of cash, what's he doing living in a windowless converted garage/out building on his parents' property?  If flipping houses was so lucrative, why did he end up sitting in a tollbooth on a crappy used car lot every day?  

I just finished listening to  Hidden True Crime podcast about his guilty verdict.  The guest was a woman identified only as Shellie.  She has no connection to the Duggars but was involved in a similar church.  It was very thought-provoking.  She has a definite opinion on Anna as well.

Having money doesn’t necessarily translate into living lavishly. Living humble lives and being intentional about money is often what got people to become millionaires in the first place (Random but interesting study on millionaires)
Now, did Josh make all that money on his own? Not a chance in hell. It’s probably Jim Blob laundering TLC money.

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Speaking of money…I wonder if Anna has to ask or beg JBD for money, or does she get a set amount direct deposited into her account every 2 weeks?  What a horrible situation to be in. She needs to get herself to social services tout suite.

If she is indeed staying at the TTH, then my gut tells me she’s treated like all the other Js living there, receiving room and board. JB probably buys diapers and she’s on the family phone plan. She may get a little allowance here or there but I don’t think she gets direct deposits or has access to a bank account. JB is a cheapskate.

ETA: does Jim Blob now have temporary ownership of Anna now that her headship is in prison? Or does he remain her owner from behind bars? Obviously I’m not talking sexually, more in day to day life control.

Edited by QuiverFullOfCondoms
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic