IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, Carrots said:

Breakdown by Sheila Gregoire - https://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2021/12/my-take-on-josh-duggars-guilty-verdict-amnon-and-tamar-replayed/

TL;DR Jim Bob failed his daughters because conservative evangelical men are power hungry misogynists that think sons are more important. Everything blew up because he failed to listen and care in the first place.

Side note: I love that she calls King David in the bible a misogynist as well, this gets glossed over so often in favour of the "beloved by God" narrative.

I was with her until she stated JB lied to protect Josh. I mean, who knows for sure? But I think fundamentally Jim Bob is only concerned about Jim Bob.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Did they just call JB and J'shelle lying sacks of shit, covered up in nice bible stuff? 

I thought that at first, but upon second read, I think they’re only talking here about Josh. 

I don’t know what they mean by, “Children have scars, but his family is also suffering.” The “but” is confusing there. 

• Upvote 7

I don't think this an explicit throwing JB&M under the bus (apart from the lying thing).

They finish by talking about Anna and her children, how devastating it is for them and how they will do everything to support her, which is right and appropriate.

The people who I'm feeling for most right now are Josh's kids who are innocent children who are going to be devastated and have just had their lives changed.

• Upvote 36
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I thought that at first, but upon second read, I think they’re only talking here about Josh. 

I don’t know what they mean by, “Children have scars, but his family is also suffering.” The “but” is confusing there. 

Maybe saying the children in the CSAM have scars, but also his family suffers. Not just the children in the CSAM.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

So I don’t know this lady but Twitter is constantly suggesting her to me - probably because of all the fundies I check up on - ha! But this seems a subtweet, and it kind of enrages me. I know what the Bible verses mean, but in this context it seems a way to remain willfully ignorant.

D925378E-85D3-4103-93D7-C17B1F3C3F46.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Howl said:

Yes, absolutely. 

Also, in fundy speak, what does "This entire ordeal has been very grievous" mean?  It sounds like Jim Bob and J'Chelle are feeling victimized, like "Pray for us, this has just been SO AWFUL." 

Yes they are saying how awful it has been for them

• Upvote 42
  • I Agree 5

Fuck those two lying sacks of shit.  FUCK THEM.  They didn't lift a finger to protect their daughters.  They don't deserve to be called parents.  I wish every single adult kid and their families would cut them off without a fucking word.  UGH.

• Upvote 42
  • I Agree 3

I am just glad they don't argue that the jury was wrong/Josh is innocent.  Hooe they also find and punish the people making the videos and pictures.

• Upvote 8

If that's a PR written statement for Jim Bob and Michelle then they must have bought used and saved the difference.   That statement is horrible IMO on so many levels.

"...and loving him, as we do all our children..."

Who wrote this ironic bullshit?

Edited by Fjrocks
clarifying which one
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic