IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

11 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Honestly, I could  see this working depending on the starch/veggie combo. I make chili for our family of 8 with one pound of ground beef, 5 cans chili beans, and veggies. Served with cornbread/rolls it makes enough for dinner and lunch the next day. So I would think doubling or tripling the meat would work for a family of 12, especially with so many being so little. Also, a casserole with a starch like pasta or rice could stretch a ways. But I guess a lot depends on how many meals comes out of that.

I don’t feel I am quite in mega family category, but at a certain point following recipes and doubling them is pointless for larger families. It is easier to just figure out how much will feed everyone and go with that and choose meals that deconstruct. Things like burritos, chili, casserole, roasts with veggies, are all easier to plan because it’s not serving based. It also helps deal with a variety of food preferences, because kids can opt out of things (though I doubt most fundie families would indulge this).

Her numbers here make sense to me, but her menu plan isn’t really a “plan.” Before I knew she was unhealthy, I subscribed to her menu plan for a week. It’s a random collection of recipes. I mean, how is that helpful? Anyone can just google that? If I want a menu plan, I’m looking for someone else to do the work of figuring out how things will work together, how you can take the leftovers from the roast on Monday and make fajitas on Wednesday and have produce that works for various meals so there is no waste. It was clear to me that the menu was not made by someone who had a tight budget, because you really do have to plan pretty carefully to maximize ingredients on a budget.

Thank you for saying this and bringing me back to reality. Initially, I was thinking everyone cooks like I do, or at least did in the past. To me, cooking is very instinctive. Of course Sunday’s roast will turn into Monday’s tacos and Tuesday’s beef soup, plus I liberally use my freezer which minimizes waste concerns,  but Ive never had to cook for a mega family and my food budget has always been generous. Also, Ive never been above sharing with a doggie or 3, again waste issues were never on the forefront. I think cooking for a mega family or a couple is harder as most recipes are usually for 4,6  or occasionally 8 servings- OTOH, Abbie has zero food or budget insecurities/ worries either.

• Upvote 9

If she was focusing solely on health there are many other protein sources aside from meat. Hello beans, nuts, tofu, etc. Since they are meat eaters why doesn't she add chicken or fish into her rotation? They're also considered great sources of lean protein.

neuroticcat, your chili is protein rich because of all the beans and the beef is more of a flavoring agent.  

Look at me - I'm a vegan who took two classes sponsored by Physicians for Responsible Medicine and I'm an expert!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3

Today Braggie is whining and whinging because the photos someone took of her 39yo self for the jewelry line that's accompanying the book (yes, that's a thing) make her look...39.  

Maybe if you didn't filter your face into oblivion on your IG posts, seeing what it actually looks like in a photo wouldn't be such a shock, you twit. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

Braggie has major body issues. It’s too bad she refuses to talk to a professional about it. I wonder what her daughters are thinking when they see their mother’s body issues come out. My mom tried to hide hers from me. But I saw them pop out every once in awhile. Of course I had my own as well. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

32 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Today Braggie is whining and whinging because the photos someone took of her 39yo self for the jewelry line that's accompanying the book (yes, that's a thing) make her look...39.  

Maybe if you didn't filter your face into oblivion on your IG posts, seeing what it actually looks like in a photo wouldn't be such a shock, you twit. 

Not to mention the photo shoot was about the jewelry, not about her, and does anyone like their profile shot? I know I say this a lot, but AH thinks she extraordinarily special, and quite frankly, like most of us, she is merely average. She is not face model beautiful, rocket science intelligent, hyper motivated beyond herself, a supreme athletic specimen and above all  isn’t kind and considerate. She is like most people and does not stand head and shoulders above others. The only thing that makes her unique is that in 2022 she has 10 kids, refuses to consider BC, and truly despises all that comes with having a houseful of dependents.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 14
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, TuringMachine said:

She's just fishing for compliments

She probably is. But I think it comes from extreme insecurity. She needs those complements from strangers to make her feel better about herself. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She probably is. But I think it comes from extreme insecurity. She needs those complements from strangers to make her feel better about herself. 

And unfortunately, like most (all?) the fundies we discuss, she refuses to entertain the idea of getting some certified counseling and guidance to help her process her feelings and emotions. Instead it’s all Bible, all the time. I have nothing against using the Bible as a tool in conjunction with other forms of medical treatment, but not as a stand alone.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

52 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Ummm Braggie, you're 39, you have 10 kids, of course you're not going to look 21. My face shows every bit of my 57 years on earth. My body shows 3 pregnancies, breast feeding, weight gain and loss and gain. The only thing I got going for me is I still have a pretty nice head of hair. It happens. Time catches up to you. Considering the alternative, getting older isn't a bad deal at all. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

It’s disappointing but not surprising that the women who crafted the jewelry weren’t the ones photographed wearing it. They spend hours upon hours crafting it, and Abby sticks her name on it and marks it up to collect the bulk of the profit. Disgusting. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

I personally rarely give complements to adults. Yes, I give them to kids all the time. But I only give complements to adults when I really mean it. And I’m careful of my complements. I don’t think I’ve ever complemented a person in my entire life on their weight loss. Because I hated receiving them as a teen. But I admit I really don’t like how complements flow so freely and people may not mean it at all. And fishing for complements are a perfect example. If you are fishing for complements, it’s unlikely any complements you receive are genuine. But Braggie is so superficial, narcissistic, and insecure, she really doesn’t care. She needs that daily validation. It only lasts momentarily and then she needs more. That’s why she won’t ever quit Instagram or social media. It’s her daily dose of self confidence she completely lacks. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally rarely give complements to adults. Yes, I give them to kids all the time. But I only give complements to adults when I really mean it. And I’m careful of my complements. I don’t think I’ve ever complemented a person in my entire life on their weight loss. Because I hated receiving them as a teen. But I admit I really don’t like how complements flow so freely and people may not mean it at all. And fishing for complements are a perfect example. If you are fishing for complements, it’s unlikely any complements you receive are genuine. But Braggie is so superficial, narcissistic, and insecure, she really doesn’t care. She needs that daily validation. It only lasts momentarily and then she needs more. That’s why she won’t ever quit Instagram or social media. It’s her daily dose of self confidence she completely lacks. 

It is like a drug for her. She is always on Instagram.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

It is like a drug for her. She is always on Instagram.

Which just gives you an idea about how much help, paid or otherwise, she has, and how much parenting and childcare she is not doing.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

She's just fishing for compliments

She reminds me of one of my daughter’s middle school classmates, who used to go on and on about how “fat” and “ugly” she was (and was neither). Finally, one of the boys got fed up and told her, “You only say that because you want us to tell you you’re thin and pretty, so from now on I’m just going to agree with you!” She stopped.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And unfortunately, like most (all?) the fundies we discuss, she refuses to entertain the idea of getting some certified counseling and guidance to help her process her feelings and emotions. Instead it’s all Bible, all the time. I have nothing against using the Bible as a tool in conjunction with other forms of medical treatment, but not as a stand alone.

But you have to understand something is wrong to want to fix it.. Vain, shallow 39yo Braggie doesn't seem insightful enough to realize she has body (and age) insecurities, which are problems on which she should work if she wants to feel better about herself (as opposed to the fleeting good feeling she gets from her fans).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

But you have to understand something is wrong to want to fix it.. Vain, shallow 39yo Braggie doesn't seem insightful enough to realize she has body (and age) insecurities, which are problems on which she should work if she wants to feel better about herself (as opposed to the fleeting good feeling she gets from her fans).

I think she knows she has body insecurities as she has acknowledged it in the past. She also has addressed her Trich. She knows but she has convinced herself that Jesus and the Bible studies can fix it all.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think she knows she has body insecurities as she has acknowledged it in the past. She also has addressed her Trich. She knows but she has convinced herself that Jesus and the Bible studies can fix it all.

If she went to therapy with a licensed therapist, it would be a lot of work for her. Because she would have to face a lot of things she would rather just pray about and then go on with her life like it’s not a problem. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she went to therapy with a licensed therapist, it would be a lot of work for her. Because she would have to face a lot of things she would rather just pray about and then go on with her life like it’s not a problem. 

Just from things she says about the decisions she makes and the items and activities she prioritizes, I think AH is rather lazy to any task, event, activity that does not directly profit or bolster her. In this regard she is like many, many other people. What does make AH different is she has lots of dependents and direct responsibilities related to those dependents, that she seems to readily ignore. Yes, therapy would be hard work that only AH could do; no foisting the responsibility to a brother dad or fledgling sister mama. It likely would cut into her shopping, dates and hanging with friends. 

Why do I waste so much time talking abut this narcissistic Prima Donna?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Womble said:

It is so unfortunate got someone with body issues to be pregnant so often.

It’s yet another way to martyr herself. But her kids suffer way more than she does. She’s martyring her family in the process.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

You KNOW that it’s a humblebrag, because it’s Abbie.
“Did you know that I was invited to help with this jewelry design and they want me to model it? But really it’s bad because I don’t like the pictures.”

• Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Is Braggie pregnant yet? She is well overdue.

By the way:  She is freaking weird.

I’m guessing she’s being much more careful this time. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

My guess is that she will be so careful that the next one won’t be born before the twins turn two in October. But anytime after that is possible. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic