IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

Is Braggie pregnant yet? She is well overdue.

By the way:  She is freaking weird.

And very tiresome. Yet, still we are all here. It's like slowing down to look at a wreck.

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Which just gives you an idea about how much help, paid or otherwise, she has, and how much parenting and childcare she is not doing.

And how much other kind of help she needs. She doesn't seem to have much accountability.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

And very tiresome. Yet, still we are all here. It's like slowing down to look at a wreck.

And how much other kind of help she needs. She doesn't seem to have much accountability.

I’ve noticed you’re more likely to be talked about on FJ if you come off as someone who knows it all and is the best Christian who judges others for not being like them. Which makes sense. It probably gets boring talking about someone who isn’t constantly openly judging others. Or bragging again and again. Or telling others how they should live their lives. It’s pretty bold to do those things. Yet Jill Rod, Lori A, Zoo, and Braggie do it constantly. That’s probably why we talk about them so much. And don’t talk as much about the Richardsons and the Rogerses. They kind of just do their own thing. Even if they still believe things we disagree with. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve noticed you’re more likely to be talked about on FJ if you come off as someone who knows it all and is the best Christian who judges others for not being like them. Which makes sense. It probably gets boring talking about someone who isn’t constantly openly judging others. Or bragging again and again. Or telling others how they should live their lives. It’s pretty bold to do those things. Yet Jill Rod, Lori A, Zoo, and Braggie do it constantly. That’s probably why we talk about them so much. And don’t talk as much about the Richardsons and the Rogerses. They kind of just do their own thing. Even if they still believe things we disagree with. 

Exactly! Because they're so outrageous, obnoxious, harmful (especially to their kids), mean-spirited and scoundrelous (looking at you, J-Rod). If we cross the street wrong, we never hear the end of it, but these gals just go on and on and never have to face the music. It's exasperating.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Add to the judgyness, the lack of self awareness lures me back in every time. The entire post is about her: her insecurity, her “transparency,” her issues, her special promise, her new body someday. And the comments are just people bending in for affirmation. 

Just why? How does she write this and convince herself it will help someone else? Or maybe she doesn’t even try for that and it’s all instinctual narcissism? 

• Upvote 8

I wouldn't say she's well overdue at this point. The space between Shiloh and Titus and Toby was unusually small (much to Braggies dismay). Up until then she'd had a pretty consistent 2 year spacing, ever since Evy and Nola really. Cause apparently "leaving it up to god" means carefully planning out your pregnancies I guess?

Anyway based on her pre Titus and Toby spacing she'd be due to announce right about now.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

I wouldn't say she's well overdue at this point. The space between Shiloh and Titus and Toby was unusually small (much to Braggies dismay). Up until then she'd had a pretty consistent 2 year spacing, ever since Evy and Nola really. Cause apparently "leaving it up to god" means carefully planning out your pregnancies I guess?

Anyway based on her pre Titus and Toby spacing she'd be due to announce right about now.

She says she uses birth control (which failed last time, and she was very angry about that). But she says it's leaving up to God because God can send you a baby no matter what BC you are using. One may think she would be soooo pleased with God sending her twins, but no, she was open about her dissapointment: she wanted a single girl and she wanted her to come later. 

I think she will have one more. I hope it's twin boys again. Noooo I don't hope that, because the poor boys would be so neglected. But she deserves it.

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

She looks fine and I don’t see what she is talking about, saying things like her face failed the company…

This is just another attempt at attention and affirmation. I have a sister like this. She’s 45 and looks very good for her age. She’s constantly moaning and crying (yes she’s faked tears) about how old and awful and dowdy she looks. Then whether it be IRL or on social media the compliments and affirmations come in and suddenly she’s completely happy again and all is right with the world. It’s fishing for compliments. I have no time for it, and since I’ve been dealing with someone who does it most of my life I shut people down the second they even try that crap with me. The one exception is if I know someone is really struggling with serious body dysmorphia issues. I’m not going to attack someone who’s in need of serious help. 

• Upvote 4

I hate to imagine what she would be like if she were trying to get pregnant but didn’t. 

Part of the car wreck appeal for me with Abbie is that even if she agreed more with my worldview, I would not enjoy being around her. There is nothing I admire about her or would want to share with her (she’d def be a friend who lectures). But I guess I dont see those things in a Courtney Rogers. Entirely possible that in reality it would be just as annoying! 

I think Abbie would be just as insufferable even if she weren’t a far right bigot. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

I hate to imagine what she would be like if she were trying to get pregnant but didn’t. 

Part of the car wreck appeal for me with Abbie is that even if she agreed more with my worldview, I would not enjoy being around her. There is nothing I admire about her or would want to share with her (she’d def be a friend who lectures). But I guess I dont see those things in a Courtney Rogers. Entirely possible that in reality it would be just as annoying! 

I think Abbie would be just as insufferable even if she weren’t a far right bigot. 

I know someone who is like this. She’s so extremely self righteous. It drives me nuts that I’m very often agreeing with her. She’s left leaning like me. But the way she lectures and shames people constantly is not going to change a single person’s mind. It’s so off putting.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

It’s her nasty, flat personality that feeds her narcissism and quite frankly as Jermajesty said above, the combination is very harsh, abrasive and off putting.

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Or maybe she doesn’t even try for that and it’s all instinctual narcissism? 

This.  So much this.  Sometimes she reminds me of my mom, who is a covert narcissist.  Like when she was here visiting, rattling on about how "fat" she was and she needs to lose weight (she is 79 years old, 5'7 and weighs maybe 150 lbs.) She says this while sitting next to me, who is a good 50lbs. overweight.  She posts pictures of herself on her fb page and old, old friends say nice things like "you look great, you never age" and she has to chime in with how gray, wrinkly, etc. she is but you're so kind.  🙄

• Upvote 6

Jenny Flanders is pushing Braggie’s book. I have a feeling Braggie is less insufferable to Jenny because she sees her as a very successful homeschooling mother. I’m betting she kisses Jenny’s ass a little bit. And then treats other newer homeschool moms with only 3 kids like they are beneath her. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/25/2022 at 4:12 PM, theotherelise said:

This is the roofline of a well-planned home!

roof.png.efbc908dd1003ece8ab0c24e9d950943.png

Omg. What the hell. What is it with massive families half assing their houses? Just because a house is big doesn’t mean the space is used well. I get not everyone has a ton of money for the massive broods Jesus “wants” them to have, but what the hell? If I had that many kids my house would be utilitarian and minimalist. The Duggars got that tinker toy house, and wasted space on a “pretty kitchen” and other random crap. The Rods have never lived anywhere big enough for their brood, let alone made sure the kids had proper beds and dressers. There’s lots of efficient ways to house a large number of children. My grandparents had 8 kids in a five bedroom one bathroom house. Luckily they had the even 4-4 split so it went parents room, two boys rooms, two girls rooms. Bunk beds, two dressers and sharing the closet was how they made it work. The girls got mirrors and vanity stands in their rooms and showered at night to ease up the bathroom schedule. The guys showered in the morning. The kitchen had an island so as my grandma made meals everything could be set out buffet style. The fact that fundies choose to have large families and the women are “called to homemaking” but they never really plan anything out or think ahead blows my mind. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, SunnySide said:

Omg. What the hell. What is it with massive families half assing their houses? Just because a house is big doesn’t mean the space is used well. I get not everyone has a ton of money for the massive broods Jesus “wants” them to have, but what the hell? If I had that many kids my house would be utilitarian and minimalist. The Duggars got that tinker toy house, and wasted space on a “pretty kitchen” and other random crap. The Rods have never lived anywhere big enough for their brood, let alone made sure the kids had proper beds and dressers. There’s lots of efficient ways to house a large number of children. My grandparents had 8 kids in a five bedroom one bathroom house. Luckily they had the even 4-4 split so it went parents room, two boys rooms, two girls rooms. Bunk beds, two dressers and sharing the closet was how they made it work. The girls got mirrors and vanity stands in their rooms and showered at night to ease up the bathroom schedule. The guys showered in the morning. The kitchen had an island so as my grandma made meals everything could be set out buffet style. The fact that fundies choose to have large families and the women are “called to homemaking” but they never really plan anything out or think ahead blows my mind. 

In the case of the Duggars, the only daughter who has shown any homemaking skills is Jana, and the only home she is making is her parents’. The rest seem to have few homemaking skills. I think the female Bateses might be a bit better prepared, or maybe interested is a better word. So this tells me that the Duggars were just surviving. There was no real preparation or imparting of wisdom. They basically were flying by the seat of their pants. I agree about it being mind boggling. These folks were all set up for failure.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

If I had a huge family, I would also be very minimalistic and practical with my home and furnishings. I definitely wouldn’t have a million decorations like Jill Rod or Braggie. I also wouldn’t make an extremely open home like the Duggars. You can probably hear everything going on in the big open living room and pretty kitchen while you are upstairs in your bedroom trying to sleep. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Do we know any fundie super-wife / mother of the year who demonstrates exceptional homemaking skills? I can't think of one. Duggars, Rods, and Braggie are totally out. I remember Kelly Bates saying something like cooking isn't her best skill and the older daughters took it over. I think Alyssa Bates Weber is probably the closest to outstanding homemaking. I only look at her youtube channel occasionally but she has a garden and seems to cook every meal and enjoy cooking. She's also wildly organized and her home interior is lovely - - especially for a young family with 4 kids. She is homeschooling but seems to put a lot of 1:1 teaching time with the kids. Also, she has stated that they are stopping at four kids. Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, Courtney Rogers does a descent job with the homemaking. I honestly don't know how she does it. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Honestly, Courtney Rogers does a descent job with the homemaking. I honestly don't know how she does it. 

I agree she’s one of the few. Zoo was good at it when she had 5 kids. Then she got totally overwhelmed and does minimal homeschooling while doing homemaking things she loves. Like baking and sewing. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

That latest dance video with her son is so weird.  The boy should be playing baseball with his buddies, attending a dance with his friends or making a video for a science fair project.  He should not be working with his mom to choreograph and perform a dance video.  The entire thing gives me the creeps.

13 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Do we know any fundie super-wife / mother of the year who demonstrates exceptional homemaking skills? I can't think of one. Duggars, Rods, and Braggie are totally out. I remember Kelly Bates saying something like cooking isn't her best skill and the older daughters took it over. I think Alyssa Bates Weber is probably the closest to outstanding homemaking. I only look at her youtube channel occasionally but she has a garden and seems to cook every meal and enjoy cooking. She's also wildly organized and her home interior is lovely - - especially for a young family with 4 kids. She is homeschooling but seems to put a lot of 1:1 teaching time with the kids. Also, she has stated that they are stopping at four kids. Time will tell.

Alyssa home has a control freak OCD vibe.  I don’t get the feeling her house is a relaxed place to hangout. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

That latest dance video with her son is so weird.  The boy should be playing baseball with his buddies, attending a dance with his friends or making a video for a science fair project.  He should not be working with his mom to choreograph and perform a dance video.  The entire thing gives me the creeps.

Alyssa home has a control freak OCD vibe.  I don’t get the feeling her house is a relaxed place to hangout. 

I don’t think boys his age should be embarrassed by their moms. But I think it’s more typical for a boy his age to refuse to make a dance video with his mom due to embarrassment. Hell, he could be embarrassed. But he may feel that he can’t say no to her. Anytime I break out and dance in the living room because my song comes on, my boys tell me to stop because they are cringing too hard. I am a pretty bad dancer though. 

• Upvote 4

Yeah, my teenage sons would never in a million years do this and I  would never ask them to. But I also wouldn’t post myself or my kids all over socials doing really anything either. So I think to get to that point, you don’t actually listen to your kids or they may never have had a say so in the first place or they may also like the attention. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Do we know any fundie super-wife / mother of the year who demonstrates exceptional homemaking skills? I can't think of one. Duggars, Rods, and Braggie are totally out. 

I think Kendra Tierny is pretty close, but she also runs a full time business and only homeschools a few of her younger kids. She has a ton of outside help, too, including her parents, and her older kids are of course parentified. But her kids are well dressed and seem okay with living life in a - what’s that word for that weird kind of Catholic that doesn’t accept the Pope? I forgot. Anyway. They’re that weird kind of Catholic. 

Also Chelsea Pomeroy comes to mind - her home is gorgeous.  But she doesn’t home school at all.

And of course both of these families beat their kids into submission from before they can talk. So they are terrible human beings who should not be emulated.

• Upvote 6

I'm just going to add that Alyssa Webster definitely keeps the house and appearances in tip top shape but school seems to consist mostly of videos and cooking is mostly arranging snacks on a plate/table.

• Upvote 7

Abbie is always insufferable but this book is pushing her over the edge. She says that five years ago she doesn't know where she would've found the time for book writing. Nothing has really changed for her since she's still pushing out babies, so what's different? The older kids are now old enough to be parentified and do the bulk of the work, freeing Abbie up to lock herself away for her book "research" which mostly consisted of finding Bible verses to back up her ideas.

She rehashes the home build AGAIN. She brags about pitching a completely different book to her publisher til Jesus whispered in her ear to help all the moms who are "desperate" and needed Abbie's "excellent" teachings. She calls herself counter cultural again. A white, Evangelical, middle class, right wing, woman calls herself counter cultural, what a joke. 

I'm also sick of these Christian one liners that don't mean anything at all. Hardisnotthesamethingasbad means nothing really and neither does youdonthavetobebloomingtobegrowing. It has a pleasantly positive, feel good, toxic vibe that's just right to undermine other women's struggles. 

Spoiler

891606810_Screenshot_20220130-0933182.thumb.png.3baf320aed0f1711e511c5c3c5e7f0df.png764383816_Screenshot_20220130-0933252.png.50a66bdb4e8bc890e12a874a621c1a89.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic