IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 38: Can't Believe I'm Typing This, but YAY Bobye Holt

HerNameIsBuffy

2 minutes ago, snickerz said:

Interesting - Justin, Claire & Hilary are in court today.

I can’t think of one good reason why they would be there. It makes me want to vomit to think that they are there to support Josh.  But that seems like the only logical reason. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 8
  • Confused 2
  • I Agree 9

29 minutes ago, Cartman said:

I do not think the defence's argument is that the McDonalds internet leacher was inside the McDonalds while getting a signal from Pest's internet.  More like there is a "weirdo" in the area who is leaching off free Wifi wherever he can get it, whether is it by sitting in a McDonalds for hours, or hanging out in front of the car lot to get free Wifi.

That makes more sense, but doesn't explain how the images got onto the computer. Hopefully the prosecution will point out that no matter what happens on the wifi, it doesn't put stuff on another computer connected to that wifi, especially not on a password protected partition.

And it's a PC, as well. If it was a Mac they could be all "oooh, someone must have airdropped those images!" It'd still be impossible, but they'd bring it up I'm sure. They seem to be grasping at straws.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, snickerz said:

Interesting - Justin, Claire & Hilary are in court today. Derrick and Austin are there again,

I wonder whose side Hilary is on. She seems a bit wacky, but I suppose so does most of the Duggar-adjacents. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

I can’t think of one good reason why they would be there. It makes me want to vomit to think that they are there to support Josh.  But that seems like the only logical reason. 

Could they be there to support Jill if she testifies?  Isn't Justin the one who moved away? I see no reason to assume he is supporting Smuggar or loyal to Boob at this point.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

I'm hoping I'm not having unrealistic hopes when I say maybe they are there because more information is coming out they were not aware of and want to hear it first hand

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep, their mods didn't do it and trust me,  from personal experience I know Reddit Admin don't move that fast even when there is open and obvious doxing, and I did read their post last night and nothing in there violated TOU.

There's speculation in this thread...but no one seems to know.    (Holy shit why did that link post so huge?)

I'd rather see her money used to get therapy for the kids or counselling for herself to figure a way out, but sadly that will never happen.  

I was just joking.... I agree with you but I have a feeling she didn't pay for those. If JB didn't it was the defense team. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like court drawings. But I’m sad that these court drawings have to be made during covid. Because I can’t see his face drawn with the mask. 

I was glad that he had a mask on walking in with Anna, so I did not have to see that smug look of his.  Although I would love to see his face when he is sentenced to years in prison and taken out in handcuffs.  And hopefully shackles.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

As much as I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt, I’m afraid you’re right. They must be there to support Josh. Sickening! 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

That makes more sense, but doesn't explain how the images got onto the computer. Hopefully the prosecution will point out that no matter what happens on the wifi, it doesn't put stuff on another computer connected to that wifi, especially not on a password protected partition.

And it's a PC, as well. If it was a Mac they could be all "oooh, someone must have airdropped those images!" It'd still be impossible, but they'd bring it up I'm sure. They seem to be grasping at straws.

Exactly.  For this to work McDonalds guy would have to not only park where he could piggy back on the dealerships wi-fi, but also install a point to point VPN to get into the computer in the office and download, for which he would have to have Josh's passwords.  So he installed the point to point then what, ran a brute force crack to get the passwords.  Impossible to do without the person sitting in front of the computer seeing it and his little photos of post it notes on his phone place him in front of the computer.

All the prosecution needs to do is explain this in laymans terms to the jury.  It's not like the OJ trial where the defense tried to obfuscate the DNA ...that's far more complicated for the average person and it was new at the time.  This they can boil down....just walk them through how it's impossible.  There is no reasonable doubt here. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

13 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

As much as I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt, I’m afraid you’re right. They must be there to support Josh. Sickening! 

JB making phone a friend calls. Interesting he didn’t couldn’t call local or closer people like the Caldwells or Seewalds. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Could they be there to support Jill if she testifies?  Isn't Justin the one who moved away? I see no reason to assume he is supporting Smuggar or loyal to Boob at this point.

Hilary has always come over as quite starry-eyed about the Duggars. If their families attend the same events, it makes her instagram. Justin might have been motivated to move in with the Spiveys because he didn't get much attention from his own parents, but Hilary probably didn't think she was rescuing him from anything - she was thrilled to have their families so intimately linked. I have a horrible feeling that she will 100% believe this is a nasty leftist persecution conspiracy to drag good Christians through the dirt.

• Upvote 20
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 8

I think the least likely option is that Austin and Derrick are there to show support. That makes zero sense. They are there because they are out of the family - they have the independence and freedom to do that. 

ETA: Not there to show support for Josh, I mean.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

Reading through the sun’s live blog is making me so anxious!  I’m worried that some gullible person on the jury might actually fall for the whole, Caleb Williams, who trades Bitcoin, did it because he sold a car there in May, even though he was in Illinois when the material was downloaded- theory. 

I know it’s the defense’s job to poke holes in the prosecution’s case, but still, it makes me ragey. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Now (per the Sun's live stream) the defense is trying to paint the possibility that Caleb Williams did all this via remote VPN.  But if so, how can they explain that the evidence found on multiple computers and cell phones?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Sister Mozz said:

Just saw the video of the team leaving the courthouse yesterday. Anna is walking so much farther away from him, and this time she seems a step ahead instead of a step behind. She can't wait to be out of there. I also noticed their hand position, with hers underneath/supporting/leading the way out. Her mannerism  is almost like pulling a child behind her as they go behind the pillar.

Meh, I think it’s a handhold fully planned for the cameras.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I do not know the layout of the courtroom seating and this is pure speculation. The family has reserved seating probably close to front of the courtroom. So that means if Derrick gets up for a bathroom break, no one from the media or the public can sit in his seat.  He probably sat in the family seating area to guarantee a seat at all times.  

There is no need to be rude to Anna.  It appears all he did was exchange small talk and pleasantries with her.  Nothing nefarious - no whispering or conspiring.

Austin came in late and maybe in the middle of the proceedings.  He is not going to make a show of it by walking all the way to front to sit with the family.  He will probably just sit down in the first available seat he can find in the back.  Kinda like when you are late for church, you sneak in the back.  He also may not want to socialize with anyone at this time.  He may not be able to distance himself from what he is hearing and he doesn't trust himself to be social. 

Derrick may be able to do it better because of law school.  In law school, you learn to look at the facts and not the emotions.  Derrick may be relying on that training right now to get him and Jill through this.  Again, this is pure speculation. 

• Upvote 23
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I have to say, if I was a Duggar sibling or in-law, I'd want to be there. Just to hear how it goes, first hand. I wouldn't want to rely on secondhand info or only hear bits of what happened.

We have no way of knowing why any of the people there are there. Maybe they are "supporting Josh", maybe they are putting in an appearance to look good for Jim Bob who still holds the purse strings, maybe they are curious, maybe they are confused and upset and don't know who or what to believe, and want to see the evidence for themselves to help them understand what's going on.

I don't think it'll be until a year or two after the trial that we'll see the real fallout of this. After it's done, everyone's had a chance to absorb things, a bit of distance from the trial has happened. Maybe some Duggarlings will pull away, maybe some will double down. Anything could happen.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

Hilary has always been such a Duggar ass kisser. Her daughter now has the Duggar last name. I’m betting they are there to support “The Duggars” aka Josh. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

If he’s there in support of Josh, Justin is way too young (despite being a married man ugh) to see objectively that his parents are using him. They’re probably showering him with attention and urging him to attend. He is probably thrilled to at last have a meaningful role within the family. Weren’t Justin and Claire some of the only attendees at Duggar thanksgiving?

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

JB making phone a friend calls. Interesting he didn’t couldn’t call local or closer people like the Caldwells or Seewalds. 

Justin and Claire were at the Duggar’s for Thanksgiving , they were probably just still in Arkansas. Don’t know about her mom. Have no idea why they would want to go. Curiosity? Support? For Jill? Because Dad wants a report back? I can’t imagine he’d have had much of a close relationship with Josh. But who knows, very weird family. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 8

The idea that the defense is putting forward is that Caleb Williams was onsite sometime in May and then on the date of the downloads, he hacked into Josh's computer (remote access I guess?) and used Tor on the partitioned side of the computer to download the materials which were stored on that computer. I think they're trying to claim that Williams could have put a thumb drive into the computer when he was potentially on site and then used that to start the hack. And their proof Caleb Williams was onsite (so far) was a check in May to his brother. 

Meanwhile Josh's iPhone took photos of the desk in the car lot and texted his wife that he was still at the car lot before and after the downloads happened on Josh's computer on the partitioned hard drive which was password protected (a separate password for this that includes his birth year beyond the desktop password which was his name).

And all because Caleb Williams is a convicted sex offender. I'm so glad the prosecution will be able to show that Josh is an admitted child abuser. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have to say, if I was a Duggar sibling or in-law, I'd want to be there. Just to hear how it goes, first hand. I wouldn't want to rely on secondhand info or only hear bits of what happened.

We have no way of knowing why any of the people there are there. Maybe they are "supporting Josh", maybe they are putting in an appearance to look good for Jim Bob who still holds the purse strings, maybe they are curious, maybe they are confused and upset and don't know who or what to believe, and want to see the evidence for themselves to help them understand what's going on.

I don't think it'll be until a year or two after the trial that we'll see the real fallout of this. After it's done, everyone's had a chance to absorb things, a bit of distance from the trial has happened. Maybe some Duggarlings will pull away, maybe some will double down. Anything could happen.

I'd be there if I was an inlaw.  These people have babies, I'd want to see for myself since my hypothetical grandbabies both current and future will be around those people.  I'd want the facts to hammer home to whatever idiot child of mine married a Duggar.  

I can't imagine any of my siblings ever being in this position, but if they were I'd want to be there too.  To see the facts for myself.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Hilary Spivey is the biggest opportunist ass kisser I have ever seen around the duggars. I'm waiting for her insta post to show that she was there and say the case "is an attack on a godly Christian man and his family"

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic