I’m sure the debate, if it t happens, will be a real crazy-fest:

• Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 4

On 12/5/2022 at 9:45 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

I’m sure the debate, if it t happens, will be a real crazy-fest:

image.gif.ff0bf16df63ecfabe06589ec4ade7673.gif

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt he spent $40 million but, if he did, what a waste of money!  Can you imagine how many people could be helped with that kind of money?  So many food programs and so many homeless shelters could have worked wonders with $40 million.  It's obscene to spent a fortune contesting a perfectly legal election.  I hope Lindell ends up penniless and living in a cardboard box over a grate.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

According to this post from my former torts professor, Mikey MeinPillow had a bad day in court.  

In Smartmatic USA Corp. v. Lindell,[1] Smartmatic sued Michael Lindell and MyPillow, Inc. in Minnesota federal district court, alleging defamation and violation of Minnesota’s Deceptive Trade Practices Act based on Lindell’s claims of fraud in the 2020 presidential election, including that Smartmatic voting machines were rigged. This post focuses on Smartmatic’s defamation claim against Lindell and MyPillow.

The introduction is followed by a lengthy complaint with detailed factual allegations covering some sixty-six pages. There are two primary causes of action asserted in the complaint. The first is for defamation[3] and the second for violation of the Minnesota Deceptive Trade Practices Act.[4] The defamation claim is based on the publication by Lindell and MyPillow of “false and inaccurate statements regarding Smartmatic’s involvement in the 2020 election and election hacking conspiracy theories.”[5] The deceptive trade practices claim alleged that Lindell, acting in his capacity as CEO and MyPillow spokesperson, made false and misleading statements about Smartmatic’s involvement in the 2020 election.[6]

Lindell and MyPillow moved to dismiss the claims. Applying Minnesota law, the federal district court denied the motion. There are several key points in the court’s order denying the motion. First, the district court held that because “Smartmatic comprises three corporate entities, Smartmatic is a public figure under Minnesota law.”[7] An important point about the public figure determination is that it involves both Minnesota and federal law.[8] The Supreme Court has not taken a position on whether corporations are public figures. Minnesota has, but not as a matter of First Amendment interpretation.

Construing the facts in the light most favorable to Smartmatic, the nonmoving party, the court held that Smartmatic “alleged facts sufficient to suggest that Lindell knew or should have known that his statements were false and acted with actual malice in promoting the challenged statements.”[15]

Some of it is a bit legalese but basically they said Mikey at the least should have known his statements were bullshit, Smartmatic is a public figure, and that he acted with actual malice towards them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

39 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Did he just admit that the RNC is a money laundering organization?

• Upvote 9

On 12/30/2022 at 7:23 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

God what does Mikey MeinPillow think fuck face's operation is?

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Even Miley spoke at Diamond’s funeral. I wonder if the discount code of the day is diamond23.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 6

Poor Mikey only garnered four votes (Ronna got 111) in the RNC chair election. He’s taking it as well as can be expected:

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Poor Mikey only garnered four votes (Ronna got 111) in the RNC chair election. He’s taking it as well as can be expected:

I find it pathetic that he even got those four votes.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

The MAGAts will fall for this...

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4

20 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The MAGAts will fall for this...

Hmm...could ongoing sleep deprivation help explain the thought processes of MAGAts?

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Hmm...could ongoing sleep deprivation help explain the thought processes of MAGAts?

Now, there's a hypothesis!

I'm not going the conspiracy route, though, imagining that Lindell designs pillows especially to keep people awake so they are vulnerable - I think he's too stupid for that. I prefer to think he just makes crappy pillows due to incompetence.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Now, there's a hypothesis!

I'm not going the conspiracy route, though, imagining that Lindell designs pillows especially to keep people awake so they are vulnerable - I think he's too stupid for that. I prefer to think he just makes crappy pillows due to incompetence.

Why not both...the pillows became a fad of MAGAts who are willing to pay for them as well as the quality of sleep they provide.  Maybe he just lucked out.

I know a few non-MAGA folks who bought his pillows back when they were being sold at Costco.  They told me it was the worst pillow they ever tried and they returned them right away.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I know a few non-MAGA folks who bought his pillows back when they were being sold at Costco.  They told me it was the worst pillow they ever tried and they returned them right away.

I bought one long ago before he became a political fixture.  And, yes -- it was the worst pillow I'd ever tried.  I took it back later on the same day.  I appeared to just be stuffed with chunks of foam.  They were torn or cut in sort of cube shapes and the pillow was lumpy.  I don't know how he's sold so many of them.

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Xan said:

I bought one long ago before he became a political fixture.  And, yes -- it was the worst pillow I'd ever tried.  I took it back later on the same day.  I appeared to just be stuffed with chunks of foam.  They were torn or cut in sort of cube shapes and the pillow was lumpy.  I don't know how he's sold so many of them.

I remember seeing them being pushed hard a few times, and thought about it (who doesn't want a fantastic pillow?), but waited long enough to get the negative reports from others.  It does beg the question of how he continues to sell them after all these years.  Wonder how many of the sales are to customers in the US.

• Upvote 2

On 2/2/2023 at 8:13 AM, Dandruff said:

Wonder how many of the sales are to customers in the US.

I don't think he sells them in Europe. I tried several mypillow.country-extentions-- and only found the .co.uk one to work. Oh, and the .fr one got blocked by Bitdefender! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I don't think he sells them in Europe. I tried several mypillow.country-extentions-- and only found the .co.uk one to work. Oh, and the .fr one got blocked by Bitdefender! :pb_lol:

Thanks for checking, though I was thinking more in terms of the flow of money than pillows...

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...