IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

3 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

Leaving the kids out of it became "not" an option a long time ago.  The kids are the ones that will suffer a lifetime over this but I didn't do it, I just said that anyone involved should see how bad this church/cult is and get out as best they can and try to protect whatever they have left.  There is more death left to go, its not going to get better from here.  The end days of the final collapse are going to be bad all the way around.  Cults never end well.    

Look. The cult sucks, yes. But saying a little girl "could be a 200 pound linebacker" is going to absolutely nothing to help anyone get out of this cult.

Also, we have a rule:

Leave the kids out of it

DO NOT speculate on aspects of minor children's lives.  This includes, but is not limited to discussion on things like physical development, their sex lives, their disabilities (real or perceived), etc.  Some general discussion of minor children will be allowed, but the majority of the discussion should be about the adults.  These kids did not consent to their lives being put up for public consumption, so please think how you would feel if someone was saying these types of things about your own child.  If you wouldn't say it about your own child, please don't say it about the minor children of the people we follow.

Even if you would say it about your own child, if it violates the above don't post it here.

If you want to attack children for their looks, do it on your own channel and keep it out of here.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 3

4 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

Leaving the kids out of it became "not" an option a long time ago.  The kids are the ones that will suffer a lifetime over this but I didn't do it, I just said that anyone involved should see how bad this church/cult is and get out as best they can and try to protect whatever they have left.  There is more death left to go, its not going to get better from here.  The end days of the final collapse are going to be bad all the way around.  Cults never end well.    

RF doesn’t leave the kids out of it.

But the rest of us have all of the choices. 

The two ideas are not mutually-exclusive.

Now please knock off the fuckery. Ain’t nobody got time for dat.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

I think at this point this guy should just be ignored. He’s shown his true colors. He picks on children in a cult. That says everything I need to know. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 14

8 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

Dan, I don't think there is a kind hearted person out there that is ok with you calling out a kid for a weight problem on an open forum where they can and likely will see it. It's distracting from the goal and hurtful to the kid. There just isn't a good justification for it. It's bully type behavior and why you are getting such backlash. There's a simple solution and you digging your heels in speaks volumes.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

9 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

If you want to attack children for their looks, do it on your own channel and keep it out of here.

Pretty sure that fuckery isn’t compatible with YouTube community guidelines either.

It would just be a shame if content bullying a child got flagged, reported and removed by the platform. 

…Which is exactly what I suspect actually occurred regarding the removal of the previous commentary videos regarding RF. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

I don't think you understand the definition of the word child. Children do not have the option getting out or protecting anything. They have no choices to make here and did not make the choice to be part of RF.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

The documentary is up!!!

I probably can't watch it just yet... hoping to start it today but wanted to let everyone know. 

• Upvote 3

Please someone help me out here. The Angers are no longer in leadership positions. Why is that? It was probably mentioned a million threads back but I just can’t think of it. Tedd Anger has always made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. When he talks, it scares me. He scares me. Just as much as Gwen. What’s currently going on with the Angers?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I don't think you understand the definition of the word child. Children do not have the option getting out or protecting anything. They have no choices to make here and did not make the choice to be part of RF.

Right? I can’t comprehend how this is lost on some.

It’s not as if children can sign a lease, put utilities in their name and move tf out of any horrible home situation.

In fact, since RF is all that child has ever known she likely views it as the most normal thing in the world. Nevermind the teachings in children being under authority of their parents with implications of brutal beatings for non-compliance.

With the violence factor a child would likely be too terrified to consciously question the cult’s status quo. The cult’s adults use fear to keep people from leaving.

Edited by Jacked
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

ETA:  Just wrote something that had already been covered.  Never mind.  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Please someone help me out here. The Angers are no longer in leadership positions. Why is that? It was probably mentioned a million threads back but I just can’t think of it. Tedd Anger has always made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. When he talks, it scares me. He scares me. Just as much as Gwen. What’s currently going on with the Angers?

I was friendly with Them as they were my direct leadership but I haven’t been able to get a straight answer as to why they stepped down from leadership. It seemed to happen at the same time as Joe Lara moved into position. My gut tells me that was the basis of the conflict, but I’ve heard Gwen didn’t like some of their business ventures as well. 

• Thank You 15

I’m so grateful social media wasn’t around when I was a fat kid. I was in fact bullied every single day for my weight for years. But there is not a shred of proof online. However the proof is in my mental health. That I’ve fought hard for and I’m much healthier today than when I was that fat bullied kid. But today’s children have it all here on social media. Waiting for them to find it one day. So they get to relive it over and over. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 19

Listening to the people who once were members of RF on the documentary got me thinking how we can help…Anyone here that’s gotten out or thinking about getting out want to share the last straw in making your decision? 

For me it was denial of grief (actually touched on in doc). My father had passed and it was so obvious there was no normal path forward on what to do about that kind of loss. Not to mention he was “doomed” to hell since he wasn’t a member of RF. Add to that having to wear the same color for events and not being allowed to let my kid do Halloween…the rules just kept piling on. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 4

@DanGryder, think about what you are saying. You are wanting to take down a cult that fat shames children. Yet you claim these children are not innocent and proceed to behave in the exact same manner the cult behaves. How can you not see how your behavior is just like the behavior of RF? @Documentary since you are helping his platform, do you have thoughts on how Dan is treating children? Any changes you might make in presenting him? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I have to say one thing about the documentary that I’d never thought of before. Her rise in popularity was in the 90s. And to be honest, that seems like the perfect time in history to start a godly weight loss cult. I look back at the 90s and realize how completely insane it was about thinness. Look at all the popular shows. The women were expected to not only be thin, but a size zero thin. Runway models were expected to be very thin. Everyone in magazines had to be very thin. And diet crazes were everywhere. I’m not saying things are great now. But damn, the 90s were fucked up about thinness. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 16

1 hour ago, DanGryder said:

There are no innocents, not even the kids.  These people were all willing participants in a planned and orchestrated money scheme that sacrificed humans and families for greed.  I don't have any empathy for any of them regardless of their age.     

Wait, what?

So, suppose a Remnant member's children's ages are, say, six, eight and twelve. How much choice do you think they had in choosing this cult? And what exactly do you think these hypothetical minors should have done differently to avoid this planned and orchestrated money scheme that their parents took them into?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Wait, what?

So, suppose a Remnant member's children's ages are, say, six, eight and twelve. How much choice do you think they had in choosing this cult? And what exactly do you think these hypothetical minors should have done differently to avoid this planned and orchestrated money scheme that their parents took them into?

Exactly. Were they supposed to sneak out their windows in the night and run off to live in the woods? They are kids. Under parental control and supervision, with parental and church authority drilled into them with eternal torment in hell held over their heads as their eventual punishment. On top of the glue-stick beatings in the here and now. 

The kids are not at fault. They are victims of the cult more than anyone else, IMO. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

Obviously these little children should have staged a revolt and overthrown Gwen. It isn’t like a child who dared to rebel was tortured to death, right @DanGryder? Or do you also think that child isn’t innocent either?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 7

I get the urge to die on hills sometimes but "toddlers and elementary school children should put a stop to their parents' cult like behavior" seems like such an odd hill to choose.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 14

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I get why documentary crews want folks like Dan.

For the record:

Dan Gryder is not an official HBO team member nor is he directly associated (an official member) with the documentary crew. His only involvement stems from the interview they had with him and a few far in between information sharing sessions he had with the documentary crew.

If anyone has any questions and/or would like to confirm what I have stated, please direct them to remnantfellowshipdocumentary@gmail.com

Thank you!

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
Admins/Mods: Is sharing emails allowed? If not please let me know and I’ll find an alternative FJ approved method. Thank you so much!
  • Upvote 20
  • Thank You 4

Just now, RFSurvivor_2 said:

For the record:

Dan Gryder is not an HBO team member nor is he directly associated with HBO and the documentary crew outside the interview he had with them, and the information shared during the documentary creation process. 

If anyone has any questions and/or would like to confirm what I have stated, please direct them to remnantfellowshipdocumentary@gmail.com

Thank you!

I meant I get why they seek out people like him to interview. He is an interesting character. A rather nasty character, but one that is rather popular in modern documentaries and podcasts. It is sad because his vile behavior will cast a shadow on the entire series and help cult members more easily reject everything that is shown. But I do understand why they sought him out for an interview. He is the sort of train wreck that people love to gawk at. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I have a lot of empathy for all the kids in RF. The third episode interviewed young people talking about all the suicidal thoughts and depression when they were teens. And they couldn’t do anything about it. Just imagine not being allowed to treat your depression and being told to plaster a smile on your face. The alcoholism must run rampant. If you aren’t allowed to medicate the healthy way, you’ll self medicate with whatever is socially accepted. And that’s booze. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I meant I get why they seek out people like him to interview. He is an interesting character. A rather nasty character, but one that is rather popular in modern documentaries and podcasts. It is sad because his vile behavior will cast a shadow on the entire series and help cult members more easily reject everything that is shown. But I do understand why they sought him out for an interview. He is the sort of train wreck that people love to gawk at. 

Thank you so much for that clarification, I appreciate it. I personally believe that the documentary crew posses a high degree of integrity, unlike Dan (who has really shown his true colors within the last 4 weeks). Their business with that man was strictly, as stated, business.

At this point it is clear that he is fully a unhinged clout chaser who is encroaching on dangerous territory.

As a side note, thank you and thank you more to the many FJ members here who are calling the aforementioned individual out on his shit. On that note, I do not want to exhaust my reserve emotional and mental energy that is stored for the documentary, so I’ll take my leave here until this evening.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 9

5 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

They were just told last weekend at their festival that social media is horrible!  They also got permission to watch the trailer! 🙄🙄

"Permission to watch" wow, that screams cult. I don't understand adults joining a place with free will and then giving in to people telling what they can and cannot do in mundane everyday things such as TV shows/internet/books, etc. I don't understand how they can give up their own curiosity to the world. To me it's mind boggling. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic