IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

I just finished watching all 3 episodes.

It did such a good job trying to explain what goes on behind all the glitter in 2 1/2 short hours.  It was both overall excellent, yet also just the tip of the iceberg. 

I won't say too much as to spoil things, but I will say I'm glad Michael Shamblin's multiple affairs were talked about.  I'm glad Tedd Anger was talked about.  I'm glad a handful of people got to tell a small part of their story.  I cried multiple times.  There are so many more stories out there than what these 3 episodes could report on, but this was enough to give the world a glimpse.  

I've been waiting for something like this to shed light on RF for over 10 years.  Thank you all involved for making this happen.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 8

I agree. It was really, really good. I was doing okay until the part where Autumn Williamson and Keenan Smith were talking about how messed up their childhoods were. I felt that. And while the statements from the theologans and cult commentators were a nice addition, I’m really thankful again for Gina Wilson and the other ex-members explaining all of Remnant Fellowship’s systems of control and abuse so well; to me, that’s what makes this documentary a success. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I also cant believe that the wedding in episode 3 that Gwen and David Martin ditched in order to fly to their MAGA event (leading to their deaths in the plane crash) was the same wedding that was being foreshadowed in episode 1—the wedding of the unfortunate daughter who got sucked into the cult by a boy in her highschool. 🤯

Edited by Destiny
remove unnecessary spoiler
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

dont remember Gwen ever denying that Christ was divine.

Yeah. When I read her views on Christ and salvation it did not seem that far off from mainstream Christianity. She just didn’t believe in the trinity, which I personally have no issues. I haven’t had time to watch, but if the documentary has people saying that Gwen taught Christ wasn’t divine, I fear it will lead many of her followers to dismiss the rest as also being untrue. 

But it does sound like they did a good job revealing the rest of her abusive teachings. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Smells like a PR person running social media accounts and working overtime right now due to the documentary

They were just told last weekend at their festival that social media is horrible!  They also got permission to watch the trailer! 🙄🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

6 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Just hours ago, Michael‘s Facebook page also was suddenly updated. He’s been social media silent for years, and a day before the documentary release, he’s profiling his OLD skinny picture and playing the doting family man?!

E98B93B2-6359-4CC0-9117-7A7D0B353250.jpeg

8D1209E6-F850-4B99-98C2-AF6765F9BC23.jpeg

How many years ago was that picture taken! I feel sorry for Michael’s kids since they are bound to hear all about the documentary discussing how their dad cheated on their mom. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/28/2021 at 7:24 AM, RFsurvivor said:

Our church did. They used it to pay salaries for the daycare teachers and staff. They expected to have to pay it back. Despite that, we are $90,000 in the hole from last year. Churches are, well, churches, but they are businesses in the sense that have to follow employment laws and OSHA regs. Of course, I'm talking about a small denominational church, not a Remnant type mega cult here.

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Yeah. When I read her views on Christ and salvation it did not seem that far off from mainstream Christianity. She just didn’t believe in the trinity, which I personally have no issues. I haven’t had time to watch, but if the documentary has people saying that Gwen taught Christ wasn’t divine, I fear it will lead many of her followers to dismiss the rest as also being untrue. 

But it does sound like they did a good job revealing the rest of her abusive teachings. 

I'm not sure they even spent a combined minute discussing Gwen's denial of the trinity.  It was mentioned, but there is plenty in the documentary other than that topic.  For some, that is all they will need to hear to stay away.  For others, there is everything else.

Many of her followers will dismiss the whole thing entirely.  They are good at that.  They conveniently ignore any criticism.  All they have to do is call it lies, even when it's not.   They've already done that with their official statement they put out essentially calling it all lies (before they even saw the content).

Edited by WorseThan1Thinks
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

38 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

…I fear it will lead many of her followers to dismiss the rest as also being untrue…

Luckily that turned out to be only a very short inaccuracy near the beginning, and honestly one of only a few tiny things I could possibly nitpick about the content. Overall, the documentary was really great, and by the end of episode 3, Gwen’s views on the Trinity are the least of your worries.  

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Honestly, most people don’t care about the trinity issue because most people in the world are not Christians and this is just some sort of weird doctrinal thing that would be outside the scope of a non-Christian audience oriented piece.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 14

21 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Honestly, most people don’t care about the trinity issue because most people in the world are not Christians and this is just some sort of weird doctrinal thing that would be outside the scope of a non-Christian audience oriented piece.

I wouldn't be surprised if good chunk of American Christians don't care either. It is such a weird, confusing theological point that I struggled with understanding as a Christian and I bet bunches of Christians would just shrug it off. But the rest of her beliefs? Oh yeah, that is going to look insane to most people. 

Which is why I think Bob jumped all over the trinity comments. He understood that everything else Gwen taught can't be defended. At least not while sounding like a sane person. 

Gwen's hair and clothing is what is going to help draw in viewers. A crazy rich white woman tottering around on high heels while demanding her followers lick chips is fascinating to most people. Convoluted theological debates are not. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

17 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen's hair and clothing is what is going to help draw in viewers. A crazy rich white woman tottering around on high heels while demanding her followers lick chips is fascinating to most people. Convoluted theological debates are not. 

I agree. Most people I think are going to watch for the crazy. The average American Christian likely has only a vague understanding of the Trinity (or any deep theological tenet) so they might think "oh that's odd" but it's not going to rile them up. "God will smite you if you eat one bite more than absolutely necessary" however, especially coming from the crazy-haired skeletally-skinny woman wearing platform shoes that look like they are half her weight - that catches people's interest. 

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

They said when Gwen made her stance on the trinity, half left and half stayed. I’m sure that’s a rough estimate. But that’s a lot. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Gwen just thought Christ is not the same person as God, is therefore capable of having a correspondingly different Will than God’s Will, and is ultimately subordinate to God. This is a critical distinction to make, because Gwen thought that we all needed to model our subordination to God and his authority line on how Christ gave up his Will and submitted to God’s Will for him to be sinless and die. So Gwen’s ideas about the Trinity/Subordination directly resulted in her beliefs about grace, about achieving purity, about obedience and authority, etc. And understanding all of those beliefs is really important to understanding WD and RF. 

I think you focused right in on the trinity issue.  Yes, it's a key measure of a cult for serious Christians.  But it's really all about CONTROL of her followers, and for some reason Gwod decided to stand firm on it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They said when Gwen made her stance on the trinity, half left and half stayed. I’m sure that’s a rough estimate. But that’s a lot. 

That is just sad. Here she was preaching horrible things that lead to child beatings and disordered eating, but that isn’t what drove half the people away. It was a theological debate. No wonder abuse thrives in so many churches. 

Gwen refusal to change her trinity theology did keep her other more dangerous beliefs from being more widespread. That is a positive of her trinity stance. 

• Upvote 16

I just uploaded a video last night where I mostly talk about airplane (jet) stuff but...at the end I address the RF status.   The RF stuff is at the end.

See link here:  

All three of the HBO series are now out there and there won't be any more until early 2022.  I have tons more video and info on stuff that I intend to release as time goes on but right now I "can" say that the entire RF kingdom is in the process of imploding from the inside out.  The volunteers are gone, and people are getting away from it all.   There is no cash flow (exodus is barely breaking even and has an employee problem) The fixed costs in order to maintain all the properties is un believable without fire sale, which you will start to see very soon.  I also saw the update and facelift of the church site, Elizabeth's FB page, Michael's FB - obvious attempts to show them as wholesome and not guilty.  Ironic that Michael follows the gene pool of his dad: Fat, alcoholic, no job, gambler, and regular buyer of hookers both local and out of town.   I feel sorry for his wife, and her parents.  She is for sure trapped with no way out.  His youngest daughter could be a 200 pound linebacker, she is fat.  I wonder if her feelings are going to get hurt when she is called fat and asked to not attend RF?  Can you imagine having to finish growing up in this town with the last name of Shamblin?!?!

I will monitor this thread for questions/suggestions/what needs clarified/what you dont undertand  or what you want to see next from my channel in terms of topics.  I have a ton of stuff that you are just not going to believe!   

• Fuck You 4
  • Downvote 16
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

His youngest daughter could be a 200 pound linebacker, she is fat.  I w

We don't do this here. So just stop. Think about what you are doing! You are mocking and being cruel to a CHILD! Be a better human. And if you go to your channel and say stuff like this,, you are just as nasty mean as Gwen. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 19
  • Thank You 2

26 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

I just uploaded a video last night where I mostly talk about airplane (jet) stuff but...at the end I address the RF status.   The RF stuff is at the end.

See link here:  

All three of the HBO series are now out there and there won't be any more until early 2022.  I have tons more video and info on stuff that I intend to release as time goes on but right now I "can" say that the entire RF kingdom is in the process of imploding from the inside out.  The volunteers are gone, and people are getting away from it all.   There is no cash flow (exodus is barely breaking even and has an employee problem) The fixed costs in order to maintain all the properties is un believable without fire sale, which you will start to see very soon.  I also saw the update and facelift of the church site, Elizabeth's FB page, Michael's FB - obvious attempts to show them as wholesome and not guilty.  Ironic that Michael follows the gene pool of his dad: Fat, alcoholic, no job, gambler, and regular buyer of hookers both local and out of town.   I feel sorry for his wife, and her parents.  She is for sure trapped with no way out.  His youngest daughter could be a 200 pound linebacker, she is fat.  I wonder if her feelings are going to get hurt when she is called fat and asked to not attend RF?  Can you imagine having to finish growing up in this town with the last name of Shamblin?!?!

I will monitor this thread for questions/suggestions/what needs clarified/what you dont undertand  or what you want to see next from my channel in terms of topics.  I have a ton of stuff that you are just not going to believe!   

Dang Dan nothing like a little fat shaming! Yes, it is a snark page, but we are still sensitive souls when it comes to kids. Please edit post. 

I have been following you on YouTube since you made the first video about Gwen's plane and have actually watched every video you've made since. I've learned a ton about aviation and the crappy NTSB. I appreciate what you do. I think your snark will sounds too harsh. Your voice is needed to expose this cult and the hypocrisy but without the hate on the kid!

I'm particularly interested in information on what is going on right now. I have dear, sweet friends that are still members and I am SO hopeful that we "truth-bomb" the heck out of them. Share more and as much as you can about what is going on!

Edited by TDHuggies
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, TDHuggies said:

while I think your snark might sound a tad harsh to some...it's worth it and needed to expose this cult and the hypocrisy!

No, it really isn't worth it. He isn't being snarky. He is saying nasty things about a child because he apparently thinks being cruel is amusing. Which makes him not any better than the very people he is trying to expose. Hopefully he will apologize and become less like Gwen. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

Just now, formergothardite said:

No, it really isn't worth it. He isn't being snarky. He is saying nasty things about a child because he apparently thinks being cruel is amusing. Which makes him not any better than the very people he is trying to expose. Hopefully he will apologize and become less like Gwen. 

had already changed my wording

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I do think that if Dan continues down this path the documtary crew needs to add something to future episodes making it clear he is a bad guy who picks on helpless children and should not be looked to for information. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

45 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

His youngest daughter could be a 200 pound linebacker, she is fat. 

Jesus Christ dude, show some tact. This is absolutely unnecessary.   

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 16

11 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Jesus Christ dude, show some tact. This is absolutely unnecessary.   

RFS2, what do you think about this guy? He is not even connected to RF. Do you really think he has information on anything that is accurate?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

I get why documentary crews want folks like Dan. A cocky guy with a YouTube channel who makes fun of children who have just suffered a traumatic life experience will draw in viewers just as much as Gwen. People love to gawk at train wrecks like that. It is like the Tiger King guy who gave an interview from the bathtub. People love a character who obliviously does stuff we all know is wrong. Won’t be surprised if there are Dan memes. 

I promised my husband I won’t watch the documentary without him, so hopefully we can start it tonight. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic