IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But it’s funny because she used him just as much as he used her. They were perfect for each other! She wanted an attractive submissive man to stand by her side while she preached and he wanted her money and high life.

I binge watched all three episodes last night.  I know that Natasha was hurt and felt very betrayed so I think they pushed her point of view that Joe used Gwen. I agree with that but I think Gwen used him just as much.  I think she wanted a handsome husband so that she could get more page views and more air time as part of what she considered to be an attractive couple.  She wanted to dress younger and be seen as a youngish woman.  That necessitated a younger, cuter male to complete the picture.  I think they both went into this relationship thinking they could force the other to be what they required.  They deserved each other.

I loved the Bob Beene parts and thought the stuff about Delaney was particularly effective.  I would've liked more about Gwen's finances and her extravagant purchases (beach homes, planes, etc.)   I think cult members should be able see how she spent their money.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was surprised that there are so many Brentwood people who know very little of RF. Maybe I’m just the type of person who researches stuff going on in my area. I guess they didn’t attract a ton of attention because they all put on this happy successful front and peoples just take them at face value. 

I can sort of see it, especially if you have a church and are happy with it. For all I know, my area is swimming in cults but because I've never actually bothered to look into churches in the area I have no idea what cults are here. I'm a pagan, and not a churchy person at all, so why would I bother? I could see the same being true for people who are currently happy with their attendance at Fifth Third Baptist church on Main Street.

Edited by Destiny
forgot half a bloody sentence. Someone bring me some coffee please!
  • Upvote 12

I'm still catching up on this thread, but got to say.  I thought @DanGryder showing up himself would be interesting.  

That's not the kind of interesting I expected.  I appreciate all y'all who very patiently explained how unacceptable his behavior is.  You rock.  Please have some chocolate in his honor and Gwen's, with my thanks.  (Ordinarily I might suggest wine, but I feel like for a Gwen thread, chocolate is the better suggestion.)

:popcorn2:

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I can sort of see it, especially if you have a church and are happy with it. For all I know, my area is swimming in cults but because I've never actually bothered to look into churches in the area I have no idea what cults are here. I'm a pagan, and not a churchy person at all, so why would I bother? I could see the same being true for people who are currently happy with their attendance at Fifth Third Baptist church on Main Street.

There’s one fundie I didn’t have much interest in until I saw they were near me. And then I was like, “have I ever run into this person? Do I have friends and family who know this person?” Which then made me find out a bunch of info about this person just in case I need to warn a family member or friend about them. I would actually hate running into a fundie in real life. I legit have dreams where I’ve accidentally run into JRod and they are horrible nightmares! 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s one fundie I didn’t have much interest in until I saw they were near me. And then I was like, “have I ever run into this person? Do I have friends and family who know this person?” Which then made me find out a bunch of info about this person just in case I need to warn a family member or friend about them. I would actually hate running into a fundie in real life. I legit have dreams where I’ve accidentally run into JRod and they are horrible nightmares! 

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, none of the people we follow are terribly close to me -- I think the closest is a couple of states away, and given that I just moved here and thanks to it being 2020 part 2 I still have absolutely zero friends, people in common aren't a huge concern.

I'd hate running into one in real life. It would be hard to maintain civility, especially for some of the people we follow.

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Please have some chocolate in his honor and Gwen's, with my thanks.  (Ordinarily I might suggest wine, but I feel like for a Gwen thread, chocolate is the better suggestion.)

:popcorn2:

and movie theater popcorn loaded with butter. 

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same. There is one that has been talked about on here that lives near where I go to quilt retreat and another where my mom grew up. My mom told me stories about the "secret" cult where she grew up. *Secret as in worst kept secret in the town. 

I have no idea if there are cults in my exact area. Because of FJ, it is easier for my radar to ping when I see certain signs at churches. There are many IFB or fundie types in my state, I would have been clueless about them if I wasn't on FJ. I like to try and give people and groups the benefit of the doubt. I also know that isn't a good way to operate all the time, I am glad my eyes have been opened. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
grammar is hard on a friday morning
  • Upvote 8

Just now, quiversR4hunting said:

Because of FJ, it is easier for my radar to ping when I see certain signs at churches.

This is very true. I used to live VERY close to a very fundie church, and the signs that would show up that pinged my fundie-dar were a very good indicator that I never wanted to go in that door, ever.

• Upvote 7

I wonder if the reason so few in the area knew about all the church’s craziness is because the cult isolates itself so much from the community. 

Sort of off-topic, but I hate to hear City Cafe is now a Remnant restaurant. I will not go there on any future visits, knowing what I know now.

Edited by RTR
Too long:)
  • Upvote 11

15 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Thank you, I was able to look back (wayyyy back) into the older threads and indeed, WFG and Ted/Days connection is discussed there. 

From what I know, of course take it with a grain of salt as I have, Ted and Rob were doing shady, illegal shit involving WFG, which as a result got them both kicked out of leadership. Once again, take it with a grain of salt. I am still, till this day attempting to confirm the legitimacy of this rumor through some trustworthy contacts. This isn’t an accusation but more of a “I heard this” type deal.

What is WFG? Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

I wish they would have shown more from her depositions. In my opinion, hearing her testify under oath what she is willing to admit or not admit is very effective. Especially when contrasted with her public statements.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Thank you guys for telling the truth.  I was scanning CNN one morning and saw a small headline about the plane crash.  One look at a picture of Gwen (that hair!) made me curious about her church.  OH BOY!  This site was the only place I found that was really honest.  Years ago I worked for Scientologists ( did not know that when I accepted the position).  I found out when they were being sued for "suggesting" people buy scientology courses.  The owners were so awful (brainwashed) that I stayed to protect the staff.  I had to stand up to these people and when I finally left, my car was broken into and strange things started happening.  

So I hope more people jump on here to read what you have to share about RF.  Information is power.   Scientology has gone quiet recently so I hope that Leah Remini and all the news made a dent in their recruitment. I wish the same for RF.

Thank you again!  These cults are happening right in front of our eyes.

• Upvote 24
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was surprised that there are so many Brentwood people who know very little of RF. Maybe I’m just the type of person who researches stuff going on in my area. I guess they didn’t attract a ton of attention because they all put on this happy successful front and peoples just take them at face value. 

Unfortunately, many people will just look the other way/shrug off crazies like Remnant. It's easier to stick your head in the sand, I suppose.

We have a Twelve Tribes commune in my town. They are a racist and sexist cult; but aesthetically, they look like peace loving hippies.  They run a very popular restaurant, The Yellow Deli.  With a little research, people would learn this cult is openly against "race mixing," believes every woman should be subservient to every man, and has been investigated for slave labor.  

Alas, hardly anyone does any research.  People here adore their groovy look and their delicious sandwiches.  

It's maddening.

Edited by HereComesTreble
Grammar blows.
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

Thank you guys for telling the truth.  I was scanning CNN one morning and saw a small headline about the plane crash.  One look at a picture of Gwen (that hair!) made me curious about her church.  OH BOY!  This site was the only place I found that was really honest.  Years ago I worked for Scientologists ( did not know that when I accepted the position).  I found out when they were being sued for "suggesting" people buy scientology courses.  The owners were so awful (brainwashed) that I stayed to protect the staff.  I had to stand up to these people and when I finally left, my car was broken into and strange things started happening.  

So I hope more people jump on here to read what you have to share about RF.  Information is power.   Scientology has gone quiet recently so I hope that Leah Remini and all the news made a dent in their recruitment. I wish the same for RF.

You need to start a post and detail all the Scientology stuff!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

17 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

Unfortunately, many people will just look the other way/shrug off crazies like Remnant. It's easier to stick your head in the sand, I suppose.

We have a Twelve Tribes commune in my town. They are a racist and sexist cult; but aesthetically, they look like peace loving hippies.  They run a very popular restaurant, The Yellow Deli.  With a little research, people would learn this cult is openly against "race mixing," believes every woman should be subservient to every man, and has been investigated for slave labor.  

Alas, hardly anyone does any research.  People here adore their groovy look and their delicious sandwiches.  

It's maddening.

Oh yes I know about the Yellow Deli! I would never give them any of my money because I know so much about the cult. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

Welcome, and take a look around the forum! I'd love to hear more about your experience with Scientologists if you're willing to share. We discuss cults but also patriarchy in general and the damage that extremism of all kinds can do to people. And we snark a lot, too. 

(And if you are blown away by Gwen's look, and have a decent amount of time, maybe check out the Rodrigues threads! Jill looks like an 80's hair metal groupie, and considers herself a stellar mother and bastion of modesty. She's fascinating in a similar mind-blowing way, I think.)

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, my son-in-law, up the road in Nashville, hadn’t heard about RF until I mentioned it, and now his large circle of friends are eating popcorn and watching the documentary.

I live up the road from a cult* that started out as a small group of eccentrics and then basically took over the small town politically and economically.  Brentwood is fortunate that Gwen didn’t totally take over their political system.

Spoiler

Yelm, WA - home of the Ramtha School of Enlightenment.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, none of the people we follow are terribly close to me -- I think the closest is a couple of states away, and given that I just moved here and thanks to it being 2020 part 2 I still have absolutely zero friends, people in common aren't a huge concern.

I'd hate running into one in real life. It would be hard to maintain civility, especially for some of the people we follow.

My parents live in the same town as the Maxwells. I’ve always kinda kept an eye out for them when i visit but I wouldn’t say anything if I did see them 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, OldFadedStar said:

My parents live in the same town as the Maxwells. I’ve always kinda kept an eye out for them when i visit but I wouldn’t say anything if I did see them 

I would never want to approach a fundie. I’m always afraid that they would approach me! Like they might catch me staring at them and then give me a tract or try to save me. And I would be so flustered! David Waller, JillRod, or a Maxwell trying to save me would make me want to run away screaming. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

53 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

It's maddening.

Thanks for the tip, I had no idea. 

I did a quick search and per wiki they own several businesses: 

The twelve tribes attempts to support itself through means that allow its members to work together, without the need to seek outside employment. Businesses the group owns and operates include:

Parchment Press. A printing company offering printing services, and also printing and selling the group’s literature.[41]

BOJ Construction - a general contractor based in Plymouth MA and operating nationally[42]

Commonwealth Construction - construction contracting, primarily in the Southeastern US[43][44]

Greener Formulas - A soap and bodycare research and development firm with ties to its other business, Common Sense Farm[45]

Common Sense Farm - A soap and bodycare products manufacturing and distribution facility located on the group's farm in Cambridge NY[46]

Simon the Tanner - a chain of shoe stores/outdoor outfitters, currently with locations in New Hampshire and Vermont[47]

Maté Factor - a yerba mate import company that also runs two cafes in Manitou Springs, CO and Savannah, GA[48]

Tribal Trading - an organic foods distribution company based in Irún, Spain[49]

The group also runs restaurant chains:

Yellow Deli Restaurants

Common Ground Cafe Restaurants

35 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Welcome, and take a look around the forum! I'd love to hear more about your experience with Scientologists if you're willing to share. We discuss cults but also patriarchy in general and the damage that extremism of all kinds can do to people. And we snark a lot, too. 

(And if you are blown away by Gwen's look, and have a decent amount of time, maybe check out the Rodrigues threads! Jill looks like an 80's hair metal groupie, and considers herself a stellar mother and bastion of modesty. She's fascinating in a similar mind-blowing way, I think.)

@Baxsmom another hair raising family we follow here is the Nauglers but with that one you will need a strong stomach for all things foul. Those threads have slowed down to a crawl so easier to get caught up with than the rapid pace of the Rod threads. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You need to start a post and detail all the Scientology stuff!

Thanks!  I may.  I had forgotten so much until I started reading up on RF.

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I love the snark.  Thank you!   I have been trying to get my ex-husband to jump on here and have a look.  He was raised Southern Baptist (his dad was a preacher).  Now he is out of the closet and a writer.  He wrote a play called Southern Baptist Sissies.  He was damaged but can use humor to move forward.  I will have to check out the Rodriques.  But the more I look at this women, the more I judge my super flat hair.  How do they do it?  

59 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thanks for the tip, I had no idea. 

I did a quick search and per wiki they own several businesses: 

@Baxsmom another hair raising family we follow here is the Nauglers but with that one you will need a strong stomach for all things foul. Those threads have slowed down to a crawl so easier to get caught up with than the rapid pace of the Rod threads. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have a lot of reading to do!

• Upvote 10

12 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

I love the snark.  Thank you!   I have been trying to get my ex-husband to jump on here and have a look.  He was raised Southern Baptist (his dad was a preacher).  Now he is out of the closet and a writer.  He wrote a play called Southern Baptist Sissies.  He was damaged but can use humor to move forward.  I will have to check out the Rodriques.  But the more I look at this women, the more I judge my super flat hair.  How do they do it?  

Oh, have him start with Bro Gary, then! Fewer threads to catch up on, probably easier to jump right in on, and his fire-and-brimstone shenanigans will be a familiar jumping off point. Plus he's got the IQ of a cornflake and the vocabulary to match. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 6

Notice from 0:23 - 0:26 -- Delaney smiles, then her face falls and she's looks like she wants to be anywhere but there until the video cut at 0.27.

Is the older gentleman with shoulder length hair walking her down the aisle her father? If he is, beginning at 2:17 they are dancing and he (with a serious face) seems to be asking if she's happy (trying to read his lips). She nods yes.

At 2:49 he and a woman with long red hair (assume her mother) are standing beside the getaway car talking to each other.  I did notice if the red haired woman is her mother , she's not in the color coordinated green of the bridal party/ MoB. 

Seems like this was a small, scaled back wedding. I wonder if it's because of the plane crash that afternoon.

Saving the documentary for binge watching this weekend.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I feel so bad for Delaney. Not only has she been sucked into RF but on the day of her wedding, Gwen decides to go to a MAGA event instead of officiating her wedding. And on that day, Gwen and 6 others are killed. Basically the worst day in the cult’s history is her wedding day. If I believed in their religion, I would have a hard time NOT thinking it was a sign for me to get out. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic