IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Wes was bothered he couldn’t go with Mike to the US when Edwin got married in June. He was the only one not there out of 12 siblings. Maybe that was the reason for this trip. So they could all be together. 

They made a point of taking a collective family picture all together, so I do think that this was treated like a special event.

• Upvote 4

I always forget that those 3 women are in the middle of all those brothers. Addie had her baby bump on display too.  

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

They made a point of taking a collective family picture all together, so I do think that this was treated like a special event.

I wonder if Papa Morton's health is declining more seriously than they expected. I feel badly for Kressant and Rachel and all those kids left in Paraguay but paying for all those plane tickets ... it'd likely be cheaper to charter a flight. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, caitrona said:

I wonder if Papa Morton's health is declining more seriously than they expected. I feel badly for Kressant and Rachel and all those kids left in Paraguay but paying for all those plane tickets ... it'd likely be cheaper to charter a flight. 

I sort of feel bad the guys can’t take one child each time they go. So eventually, all the kids get to go one by one. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

I don't know about Rachel and Wesley as their instagram is private but I think Kressant and Mike are poor - really poor. They are selling their children's (especially the oldest daughter) crafts and I get the feeling the money is not for the children but rather to cover bills. They seem to regularly get "care" packages from a variety of sources. On top of this their children are thin. Compared to their cousins the difference is startling. I suspect that Rachel's family is not much better off but at least their children seem well fed. Anyway, I think money is the reason they don't take any of their children with them.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Not to mention Michael is building his house from scratch mostly on his own. I think he's working at a care center? It boggles my mind that they left Georgia with their own house and a steady job for this.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, JMO said:

Not to mention Michael is building his house from scratch mostly on his own. I think he's working at a care center? It boggles my mind that they left Georgia with their own house and a steady job for this.

I know. I guess they are stubborn. They would live a million times better in the US on the Morton compound. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, JMO said:

Francesca posted a picture on her public IG. 

Screenshot_20220823-135113_Instagram.jpg

The single shaved head really stands out. The Morton men tend to have nice full heads of hair so I’m surprised to see Andrew has shaved his all off. 

• Upvote 4

So the other pregnant Morton is probably Alyssa, if he wasn’t referring to Francessca? Campbell would probably announce - isn’t she more active on SM?

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

So the other pregnant Morton is probably Alyssa, if he wasn’t referring to Francessca? Campbell would probably announce - isn’t she more active on SM?

I think they're both fairly active - Alyssa doesn't announce or like to draw attention to her pregnancies where as Campbell was very open with it during her first. Darth doesn't show very early so it's still Schrodingers uterus except for Martha. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

There's only Addie and Francessa that are pregnant

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know. I guess they are stubborn. They would live a million times better in the US on the Morton compound. 

But not when it means knowing that same sex couples are allowed to marry. I seem to remember it was the Supreme Court's ruling on Obergefell v. Hodges that pushed them over the edge.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

47 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

But not when it means knowing that same sex couples are allowed to marry. I seem to remember it was the Supreme Court's ruling on Obergefell v. Hodges that pushed them over the edge.

Such a precious blessing that they escaped in the nick of time to avoid being assigned their Barack Hussein Obama-approved gay spouses. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

What’s funny is that they were gone while their beloved trump was in office and now Roe was overturned. You would think they would want to come back for trump or roe going down. But nope. They will live rough to prove a point. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, browngrl said:

I don't know about Rachel and Wesley as their instagram is private but I think Kressant and Mike are poor - really poor. They are selling their children's (especially the oldest daughter) crafts and I get the feeling the money is not for the children but rather to cover bills. They seem to regularly get "care" packages from a variety of sources. On top of this their children are thin. Compared to their cousins the difference is startling. I suspect that Rachel's family is not much better off but at least their children seem well fed. Anyway, I think money is the reason they don't take any of their children with them.

They're like a lot of other fundies, particularly they remind me of Gil and Kelly Bates and Jill and David Rod.

• Upvote 2

Wow hadn't been on FJ in months, didn't realize Francesca and Edwin had gotten engaged much less married and pregnant. Fundies move fast, esp. Mortons. And Addie has been quick to catch up after getting married later.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s funny is that they were gone while their beloved trump was in office and now Roe was overturned. You would think they would want to come back for trump or roe going down. But nope. They will live rough to prove a point. 

Could they even afford to move back at this point? Aren't all the houses on the Mortopia compound spoken for? 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, caitrona said:

Could they even afford to move back at this point? Aren't all the houses on the Mortopia compound spoken for? 

They'd have to start over again. All the houses were sold to siblings and I would guess the two 1 bedroom apartments in the barn/church are for Edwin and Paul now. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

They'd have to start over again. All the houses were sold to siblings and I would guess the two 1 bedroom apartments in the barn/church are for Edwin and Paul now. 

I suppose they could sell the homes they built down there and use the money for a home on the compound. They use their oldest boys for free labor so they might get it built in a decent amount of time. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suppose they could sell the homes they built down there and use the money for a home on the compound. They use their oldest boys for free labor so they might get it built in a decent amount of time. 

It would depend greatly I think on the exchange rate. If they're in a more rural, hard to sell in area it'll be tough. The main Morton compound is also empty which would house at least one of the families. The barn is pretty large and could be used temporarily. Just depends on the leave and cleave attitude of Pa. 

• Upvote 4

Edwin is building his own house (not sure where). Francesca posted a picture of him standing over the  site of their future house. Looks like they are just in the very beginning of construction so they may well be living in one of the buildings on the Morton compound.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suppose they could sell the homes they built down there and use the money for a home on the compound.

Who would buy their houses? Seriously, unless a member of the Mennonite community needed a house + acreage for incoming family or the Mortons inveigled some other fundie fugitive from the US into buying, I can't see anyone wanting to spend money on their properties. Also, Filadelphia sounds god-awful in this 2011 post by a travel blogger. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I actually know a guy who used to teach at the German school in Filadelfia. He met his wife there but returned to Germany later because one of their kids had a heart condition and they wanted better medical care than they could get down there.

Anyway, from what he told me, it's a super traditional society - he got in trouble when his then-fiancée's car was parked outside his place overnight, and so on. From what he said, people there also thought anything coming from Germany was the height of sophistication. Just anecdotes, obviously, and I've no clue how biased his perception may have been, but he did spend several years there.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic