IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

Whoa. I'm a big fan of personal, homemade weddings, but this one is baffling. Literally every single staged wedding shoot that Francessca has ever posted to her florist social media account looks better than this. She's got numerous "play" wedding pics up with Edwin dating back to the earliest days of their relationship, and any of those pics look more like a real wedding than this one did. He's 21, she's 23, and they both look like they are children playing dress up from a community theatre costume closet.

She can pull together really beautifully themed sets for her advertising pics using humble supplies on the fly, yet here, at her wedding, the sum total of months of planning and work looks so sloppy and uncoordinated. It's not just the badly fitted clothing. EVERYTHING looks haphazard and awkward. The table coverings are chaotic, bottled drinks don't make very attractive centerpieces, and nothing about the floral arrangements seems to match the artistry she shows in work for others. She's demonstrated a very skillful hand at working with humble supplies and surroundings previously, so I just can't make any sense of the choices here. I'm wondering if maybe a relative wanted to try their hand at decorating, and this was their handiwork?

I genuinely love weddings, and I'm usually quick to try to find things to compliment. This one is a challenge. The nicest thing I can say in sincerity is that I really love that she may be celebrating a family heirloom by wearing that dress. And table cloths aside, the arrangement of the head table seems to be interesting and dynamic, and probably made a decent focal point for the reception. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Whoa. I'm a big fan of personal, homemade weddings, but this one is baffling. Literally every single staged wedding shoot that Francessca has ever posted to her florist social media account looks better than this. She's got numerous "play" wedding pics up with Edwin dating back to the earliest days of their relationship, and any of those pics look more like a real wedding than this one did. He's 21, she's 23, and they both look like they are children playing dress up from a community theatre costume closet.

She can pull together really beautifully themed sets for her advertising pics using humble supplies on the fly, yet here, at her wedding, the sum total of months of planning and work looks so sloppy and uncoordinated. It's not just the badly fitted clothing. EVERYTHING looks haphazard and awkward. The table coverings are chaotic, bottled drinks don't make very attractive centerpieces, and nothing about the floral arrangements seems to match the artistry she shows in work for others. She's demonstrated a very skillful hand at working with humble supplies and surroundings previously, so I just can't make any sense of the choices here. I'm wondering if maybe a relative wanted to try their hand at decorating, and this was their handiwork?

I genuinely love weddings, and I'm usually quick to try to find things to compliment. This one is a challenge. The nicest thing I can say in sincerity is that I really love that she may be celebrating a family heirloom by wearing that dress. And table cloths aside, the arrangement of the head table seems to be interesting and dynamic, and probably made a decent focal point for the reception. 

It doesn’t help that the yellowish orange color is one of my least favorite colors on earth. The floral bouquet I saw was pretty. That’s my complement I guess. Here’s a nice pic of the flowers. Of course they were the prettiest part of the wedding since that’s her profession. 

EB0ECDBA-1304-4EC4-B32A-774D3FAEA046.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

Absolutely underwhelming. Their fake wedding pictures were far classier. Somehow, she dropped the connection between real & fantasy. I don't care if she wore her mom's dress, but it fit awful. She looks like an eight year old playing dress up. 

Given her business I expected much more. Just goes to show that there is a huge difference between public & private personas to these peop[ple. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, JMO said:

I couldn't pick out which one was Campbell.

I think I was mistaken and it was someone else.

I actually really love the colors and (much of) the decor, but I understand that those of us who love orange are in the minority.

• Upvote 3

On 5/2/2022 at 11:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is the photo in question. Julia Ann Storms commented under it with hearts but I don’t think that means it’s her in the picture. I think she is just friends with both of them and “loves” they are together. 

D38DCC0E-1DD8-4479-A67A-986431A5E6C2.jpeg

I looked at this and just saw Martha , a bit younger, with short hair. The Morton genes are strong man. Except for Alyssa’s girls it’s like ctrl+c ctrl+v

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Noquiver said:

I looked at this and just saw Martha , a bit younger, with short hair. The Morton genes are strong man. Except for Alyssa’s girls it’s like ctrl+c ctrl+v

Ummmm, the girl in the picture not a Morton.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HermioneSparrow said:

Ummmm, the girl in the picture not a Morton.

I think she meant the brother. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It doesn’t help that the yellowish orange color is one of my least favorite colors on earth. The floral bouquet I saw was pretty. That’s my complement I guess. Here’s a nice pic of the flowers. Of course they were the prettiest part of the wedding since that’s her profession. 

EB0ECDBA-1304-4EC4-B32A-774D3FAEA046.jpeg

I saw this post yesterday and peeped those sleeves and thought… oh no. And the dress was as bad as expected. Strong post Diana vibes so maybe mid 80s? Definitely feels like a hand me down dress. Wish that she’d had it altered enough to fit. Also Campbell posted a family photo to her grid but the dress looks a lot like Daisy’s bridesmaid dresses so is that shots from Daisy’s wedding two months ago or did she re-wear the dress that quickly?

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she meant the brother. 

Yes thanks I did 

• Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

I saw this post yesterday and peeped those sleeves and thought… oh no. And the dress was as bad as expected. Strong post Diana vibes so maybe mid 80s? Definitely feels like a hand me down dress. Wish that she’d had it altered enough to fit. Also Campbell posted a family photo to her grid but the dress looks a lot like Daisy’s bridesmaid dresses so is that shots from Daisy’s wedding two months ago or did she re-wear the dress that quickly?

Yes thanks I did 

I bet she re wore the dress from Daisy’s wedding. May as well get some use out of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

If I actually had a bridesmaid's dress I could wear again you better believe I'd wear the crap out of that thing. As it is, every wedding I've been in has been, um, shall we say dated? My friends were wearing wedding dresses like Francessca's when they were in style, so that tells you the kinds of dresses we wore in the wedding party. I've spent so much money on dresses that were worn once because they really were too ugly to wear again for any reason. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2

I also posted this to the Active Broodmare thread, but Alyssa appears to be pregnant again. Adeline posted some pics today, and Alyssa can be seen in the background of one with a visible bump. My guess is that she is at least 4 months, perhaps closer to 5 months along. Claire turned 1 today.

My guess is that #6 will be a late October/early November baby.  Since I'm going wild with predictions, I'll also guess boy, and that he will be named something vaguely old-fashioned, like Edward or possibly her father's middle name, Gerard. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

A teenaged Morton just got married (and presumably de-virginized).

Mike Morton left his wife & 8 kids in poverty so he alone could fly back to civilization to witness said nuptials. 

Alyssa Morton is pregnant. 

Ahh,, the stars have aligned and all is right in Mortonland again. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/5/2022 at 1:06 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The bride and her family usually plan most of the wedding. My guess is that Campbell's and Alyssa's families helped them plan their wedding. This wedding seems to have been done on a limited budget. Not everyone has the money for a well-decorated wedding. It doesn't help that wedding costs have gone up. 

Budgets usually are limited when teenagers get married. 

• Upvote 4

Addie did a giant dump of pictures.  That wedding was on a shoe string.  Such a difference from the last several.  It reminded me of Anna Duggars' wedding.  And the grandkids are all so interchangable.  Tow headed little munchkins with only a few exceptions.  Looks like all of Mortopia was there with the exception of the PG crew.  Only Mike was sent from there.  Kress seemed to roll with it, but what choice has she ever had and that's how she was raised.  To follow him to the ends of the earth to be a broodmare without complaint.  Hell, it was in her wedding vows.  I agree that Alyssa looks preggo and since her youngest just turned 1 it's on time.  I expect more bumps and babies before the year is out.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Addie did a giant dump of pictures.  That wedding was on a shoe string.  Such a difference from the last several.  It reminded me of Anna Duggars' wedding.  And the grandkids are all so interchangable.  Tow headed little munchkins with only a few exceptions.  Looks like all of Mortopia was there with the exception of the PG crew.  Only Mike was sent from there.  Kress seemed to roll with it, but what choice has she ever had and that's how she was raised.  To follow him to the ends of the earth to be a broodmare without complaint.  Hell, it was in her wedding vows.  I agree that Alyssa looks preggo and since her youngest just turned 1 it's on time.  I expect more bumps and babies before the year is out.  

I think this is the only time I've regretted unfollowing them all. I'd be interested in seeing what the wedding was like. I've never had that thought before - regret, when it comes to unfollowing the crazy. It's weird. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I think this is the only time I've regretted unfollowing them all. I'd be interested in seeing what the wedding was like. I've never had that thought before - regret, when it comes to unfollowing the crazy. It's weird. 

You aren't missing much. 90% of the time, they just recycle Turning Point memes and indulge in the timeless tradition of tagged instagram photo prompt challenges. This week, it was "post the most recent picture you've taken of your baby, and don't cheat!!"

The wedding had a few high points that came to light in the more recent photos: the signage was lovely, and featured Francessca's signature font from her business, and there were some truly gorgeous flowers outside of the venue. Why they weren't as nice INSIDE the venue is still a mystery, but ok.

Overall, the pictures show what may be the shabbiest Morton wedding we've ever seen. Yes, the early weddings had some awkward features (footwashing! marching band jackets! horseback horn-blowers!), but they were all obviously deliberate choices born of grandiose desires that were maybe a bit out of budget. This wedding just looked sad. Other than the bright spots I mentioned, it looked like the sloppy result of someone throwing together a reception with stuff they found in an office supply closet. I feel like we've seen a lot of low-budget Morton weddings, but none of them felt chintzy or sloppy in the way this one did. Here's hoping the newlyweds splurged on a nice honeymoon instead.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

On 6/7/2022 at 11:50 PM, SolomonFundy said:

I feel like we've seen a lot of low-budget Morton weddings, but none of them felt chintzy or sloppy in the way this one did. Here's hoping the newlyweds splurged on a nice honeymoon instead.

Dorothy Morton's wedding to Noah Sanders was very low budget and absolutely lovely. (well, except for the photo with all the menfolk posing with their guns, and we're not talking hunting rifles here)

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

7 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Dorothy Morton's wedding to Noah Sanders was very low budget and absolutely lovely. (well, except for the photo with all the menfolk posing with their guns, and we're not talking hunting rifles here)

I really liked Dorothy's dress. I still remember it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Dorothy's wedding was the first Morton wedding that wasn't a Smith wedding. Without the Smith pretention, the Mortons were able to do their thing. And, whatever that thing is, no matter how much it cost or didn't, it was sincere & the only; agenda was the marriage. 

Of course they're fundie so there were actually many agendas. But, again, without the Smith influence, they could pull off a wedding at their farm where they used their skills & abilities. 

Martha's was a shoestring wedding too, but as far as fundie weddings go, it was nice enough. Basically, the Smiths are the tackiest of the tacky & once they were out of the e\picture, a frugal wedding could be done that didn't look cheap - they weren't trying to make it something it wasn't, which meant what was lacking was screaming front & center. 

Even people with little money can have beautiful weddings if they go with their strengths & don't try to make it what it isn't. I don't know anything about Francessca's family, but since they are all about "traditional" I assume her family paid for it and worked with what they had. And that was unbalanced to begin with - with her flower business, the flowers were always going to be front & center; there was just nothing equal to back them up or blend with them. Since I didn't see much, I don't have a lot to go on. But, if all parts are not equal something is going to stand out; sometimes most things will stand out in comparison to one or two higher quality things. 

And since Dorthy's wedding/Dorothy has come up as a subject, here is a link to some really amazing pictures of her  & her dress. 

A while ago, we talked about finding the Mortons attractive, or not. At the time I said I found none of them attractive. That was actually a lie. I think Dorothy is a drop dead gorgeous woman and as the center of her wedding, she set the tone. http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2010/07/they-are-now-mr-and-mrs-noah-edwin.html

Edited because I really can spell

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

@fundiefan it was more than a contrast between the flowers and everything else.  The flowers were generally nice but the rest of the wedding was just SAD.  Terrible color scheme that was basically mustard and white.  An out dated/ill fitting dress.  The bridesmaids dresses were weird.  It reminded me a lot of 80's trends but done poorly.  Like instead of emulating the 80's they pulled out the old decor from her mom's wedding 35 years ago, shook out the dust and haphazardly threw it on some foldout tables.  The rehearsal dinner literally had no decorations and looked like it was done in the church basement.  Not a problem if money is an issue but there were the same level decorations or effort put into it.  Which is weird since it was the rehearsal dinner. We've seen a lot of weddings done inexpensively but this was just sad.  I'm hoping that the photographer posts pictures that we can post here so more can see it.  

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 2

I feel like that yellow orange color in the video was a truer representation of the color. The pictures muted it. In the video, it was school bus yellow. I just can’t with that color. I know it’s stupid. But it’s last on my list of colors along with newborn poop yellow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

last on my list of colors along with newborn poop yellow. 

I have an olive undertone to my skin and "newborn poop yellow"  and school bus yellow are the perfect eyeshadow shades for me. It just works.They look awful in the pan and I would never wear an outfit in these colours and I would never choose them as a wedding colour but they are my eyeshadow shades of choice. I have a big makeup collection and normally I never finish anything but I have almost finished the greenish yellowish brownish shade in the Viseart dark mattes and the mustard yellow shade in the Lime Crime Venus 2 palette.🤣

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else see Addies pictures from yesterday? It's been a while since we saw most of the grandkids together.  And Campbell posted yesterday about drinking margaritas. I think they celebrated the 4th in FL.

• Upvote 3

From Bret Smith's facebook page. He was hospitalized with heart trouble a few weeks ago. Joe is a friend of the Mortons; Wallace and Josh are two of Bret and Jackie's younger adopted kids. 

Screenshot_20220708-132925_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220708-132854_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220708-132920_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

Gotta love passive aggressive praying in Facebook comments!

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic