IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

42 minutes ago, Bethy said:

I missed how we know Lise is done?

She had a baby last week so she can't currently be pregnant.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I found this funnier than I should have. I was expecting something like “known hysterectomy” or something else. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

I mean it's the Mortons, if anyone on the planet was going to find a way to get knocked up within a week of delivery it's one of these useless jackasses. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Next week, however, it's going to be a completely different story... at least in Mortonland.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, dramallama said:

I mean it's the Mortons, if anyone on the planet was going to find a way to get knocked up within a week of delivery it's one of these useless jackasses. 

Can we include "Useless jackass" as a thread title or count title?  I mean, it's pretty on point and hysterical. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

I knew it. As soon as she started begging for "easy breakfast ideas" on instagram this week, I figured she was up the duff. Adeline has spent her whole life playing second mom to a household of teen boys and farmers. Suddenly struggling to provide breakfast for herself, her husband, and their breastfeeding infant seems like an impossibility unless she was struggling with her energy levels in the morning for other reasons.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, JMO said:

Alyssa, Addie, Kennedy, Kress, Rachel, Campbell, now Francesca.  We've got a lot of candidates.  The PG contingent may be getting older but not too old for another pregnancy and Kress is way overdue.  Alyssa has astounding fertility and the only surprise is that she isn't heavily preggo now.  Just need to watch for the kids in matching flowy white outfits and we have a clue that she's preggo. 

Plus Dorothy is overdue. 

• Upvote 3

Does anyone have an up to date registry of the various families.  Last time I looked at one was probably pre-pandemic and there have been multiple marriages and at least 10 babies since then.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I have noted suspected and confirmed name changes for Katie's kids. I don't yet have the adopted kids for the Smiths that are married included - I spent two weeks digging around Seppi land updating my spreadsheet on them. Apologies for the formatting. 

Katherine Esther Morton 

Brian Andrew (Jan 07) (born Brett Alan III)

Ronald Michael (Jan 08)

Esther Hope (born Catherine Esther) (May 09) 

Wallace Johnson (August 10)

Anna Grace (Nov 11)

Rachel? (born Elizabeth Rose) (Jan 13)

Dorothy Jacqueline (Oct 14)

Jackson Lee (Aug 16) 

Michael Beveridge Morton Jr. and Kressant Amanda Smith - (September 2006)

Michael Beveridge III (June ‘07)

Carlos Phineas (July '08)

Jonathan DeWet (Nov ‘09)

Isabella Grace (April ‘11)

Byron Zizka (Oct ‘12)

Harold Fletcher (June ‘14)

El Roi DeKalb ( Nov 16)

Varina Brooke (Aug ‘18)

William "Cleve" Cleveland Morton and Lise Marie Kendall - ( December 2011)

William "Liam" Cleveland Jr (Sept. '12)

Kendall Wesley (Jan. '14)

Carolina Elise (Feb ’16)

Joshua Elliot (July ‘18)

Elijah Seth (March ''20)

Gideon Eleazar (July '22)

Joseph Wesley Morton (March 1989) and Rachel Lea Smith (July 1989) - (September 2007) 

Joseph Wesley (may ‘08)

William Stone ( Sept ‘09)

Ariana Grace ( March ‘12)

Luke Anthony ( July ‘13)

Olivia Brooklyn (March ‘15)

Levi Andreas ( March ‘17)

Manuel Leon (April ‘19)

Noah Edwin Sanders (Sep 1988) and Dorothy Jeanine Morton (Feb. 1990) - (July 2010)

Enoch Timothy (Aug '11)

Patrick Oldreive (Dec ’13)

Edwin Gianvel (Feb '16)

Brielle Jeanine (Sept '18)

Carver Deall (June '20)

Booker Van (June '20)

Lewis Daniel Lane and Bethany Lynn Smith (21- Jan. 1991) 

Lewis Daniel (Aug '12)

Lynnora Jean (September '13) 

London Elizabeth (April '15) 

Caleb Hester (Dec '16) 

Camile Alexandria (March ‘19) 

Julia (March '22) 

Michael Glenn Holloway and Adeline Grace Morton (July ‘91) - ( August or sept. '20)

Anthony Glen (jul '21)

#2 girl (Jan '22)

Tayte Russell Alexander (Oct 1995) and Martha Harriet Morton (Jan 1993) - (Oct 2014)

Alexandria (Zandry) ('15)

Andrew Tully Morton (Feb '95) and Kennedy Kayla Decker (Dec '95) - (Sep '15)

Mia Jayden ( July ’16)

Valerie Maeve (Aug ‘18) 

Naida Drew (Feb '20) 

Hamish Locke (Oct '21)

Samuel Quentin Morton (Dec '96) and Alyssa Rose Campana ('94) - (March ‘16)

Norah Rose (Dec '16)

Victoria Marie ( Dec ‘17)

Audrey Kress (Dec '18)

Samuel Quentin (Feb '20)

Claire Elizabeth (June '21)

John Wright Morton (Oct. 98) and Campbell Conley Roberts (Dec ‘96) - Nov 2018

Buchanan Wright (April '21)

Edwin Ogren Morton (Feb '01) and Francesca Tuggle

Paul Warren Morton (July '03) and Helena

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

47 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Why has katie changed her kids/ names? I understand the one named after Bret, but whya did she change the others?

I guess as long as they were all changing their surname from Smith to Morton, it made sense to let anyone who wanted to change their first and/or middle names at the same time. I'm especially happy to see the oldest daughter change her name to Esther Hope. That's a lovely name for a lovely young woman.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I guess as long as they were all changing their surname from Smith to Morton, it made sense to let anyone who wanted to change their first and/or middle names at the same time. I'm especially happy to see the oldest daughter change her name to Esther Hope. That's a lovely name for a lovely young woman.

That’s my guess too. I figured the one with the middle name Jacqueline would want to change. Since they’ve cut them off.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s my guess too. I figured the one with the middle name Jacqueline would want to change. Since they’ve cut them off.

That caught my eye too. With the other changes, especially Bret, dumping Jacqueline's legacy would've made sense. But maybe she likes it and/or isn't old enough to remember the hurt Bret and Jacqui did.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Bethy said:

That caught my eye too. With the other changes, especially Bret, dumping Jacqueline's legacy would've made sense. But maybe she likes it and/or isn't old enough to remember the hurt Bret and Jacqui did.

I think you're right. She was a baby when Alan's crimes became public, and unborn when some of them were perpetrated. Dorothy wasn't even two years old when Alan was arrested. I doubt that the youngest few  of the Katie Morton brood remember Alan, let alone their estranged grandmother. The older children seem to be the ones who opted to turn over a fresh leaf with their names. 

Dorothy seems to get called "Little Dorothy" more than anything else in the family, and clearly, her primary namesake Aunt is a beloved person. I would hope that, if the middle name ever did become a source of pain or shame, that she would be allowed to change it at any time in the future she wanted.

• Upvote 8

They always called her Esther anyway, so it makes sense for her to change her name to that.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JMO said:

They always called her Esther anyway, so it makes sense for her to change her name to that.  

Their names are so repetitive, and they were inconsistent in using actual names vs. middle names. Like, there were initially three Bret Alan Smiths - Cap'n Bret, Alan the criminal, and then the child who's now Brian Andrew. But the second one went by his middle name. Then there was Dorothy Jeanine, who was named for her mother Jeanine Dorothy.

These kids will all be homeschooled and never have to do a family tree project, but I imagine it would get to be a very confusing thing with all those reused names and folks going by their middle names.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bethy said:

Their names are so repetitive, and they were inconsistent in using actual names vs. middle names. Like, there were initially three Bret Alan Smiths - Cap'n Bret, Alan the criminal, and then the child who's now Brian Andrew. But the second one went by his middle name. Then there was Dorothy Jeanine, who was named for her mother Jeanine Dorothy.

These kids will all be homeschooled and never have to do a family tree project, but I imagine it would get to be a very confusing thing with all those reused names and folks going by their middle names.

Naming after family members is a very old tradition. And that’s why there are so many nicknames. Like calling a kid Junior, Trey, Trip, Tres, etc. The English monarchy has always had nicknames for just about every kid of a king or queen because names were repeated so often. It’s completely fine to name children after family members. But since it can get confusing, it’s good to have an established nickname for each person. And it’s much less confusing to just call them that one single nickname instead of multiple ones. Like only calling William the first “Bill” and his son William Junior “Will” and William the third is “Liam.” It’s much less confusing that way. If you call them all Billy, you’re going to make it harder.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

My two boys are named after relatives. My father-in-law is, let's say, Robert, called Rob, and my older son is also Robert, though we just call him that. My younger son is, say, Richard, called Rick, named after my uncle Richard, called Dick. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

My two boys are named after relatives. My father-in-law is, let's say, Robert, called Rob, and my older son is also Robert, though we just call him that. My younger son is, say, Richard, called Rick, named after my uncle Richard, called Dick. 

My son is named after his father and we have always used an established nickname. It keeps things much less confusing that way. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/8/2022 at 8:38 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She may have, those documents are private. I just note them when they comment publicly on the names. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Mike and Wesley left Paraguay last week to travel (secretly) to Georgia in order to surprise their father for his birthday. 

This sudden spate of close-together trips is interesting. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Mike and Wesley left Paraguay last week to travel (secretly) to Georgia in order to surprise their father for his birthday. 

This sudden spate of close-together trips is interesting. 

I bet Wes was bothered he couldn’t go with Mike to the US when Edwin got married in June. He was the only one not there out of 12 siblings. Maybe that was the reason for this trip. So they could all be together. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic