IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

I think Jeremy wants to feel important, be looked at, speak with an air of authority, and dress up, and he’ll take whatever career opportunity seems most likely to make that happen. The specifics might not matter so much. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

I think Jeremy wants to feel important, be looked at, speak with an air of authority, and dress up, and he’ll take whatever career opportunity seems most likely to make that happen. The specifics might not matter so much. 

While putting in the least amount of time or effort possible.

Sitting in his study for 6 hours reading and writing for a sermon? Sure. Visiting sick people? Not so much.
Holding a lecture? Sure. Setting up lesson plans, grading work and counseling students related to study stuff? Not so much.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Visiting sick people? Not so much.

I think it would depend on how many Instagram followers the sick person has. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I think it would depend on how many Instagram followers the sick person has. 

Or if it was something photogenic/cool like a messed up shoulder from a mountain biking accident vs cancer/AIDS or something else that can cause a sickly appearance. God forbid it could be something even vaguely contagious though!!! 

I don’t usually think of myself as so cynical, but Jeremy is bringing it out in spades! 

Edited by Mrs Ms
Spelling. Bad, bad spelling!
  • Upvote 5

I also don’t really see Jinger as a pastor’s wife. Sure, she likes to pose baking or cooking for IG likes but I don’t really envision her getting involved with a community or doing something that wasn’t for her and Jeremy’s benefit.

Jeremy’s mother runs a music charity but Jinger and Jeremy have been ‘guest stars’ rather than actually doing anything.

I can see Jeremy doing online or ‘guest’ preaching and that’s why he’d like the McCarthy backing to give him credibility. I can see him popping up on one of the right wing news channels as ‘Christian correspondent’!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I'm cat sitting for a week.  There on their coffee table is MacArthur's latest book.  ::smh::  

• Sad 2
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I also don’t really see Jinger as a pastor’s wife. Sure, she likes to pose baking or cooking for IG likes but I don’t really envision her getting involved with a community or doing something that wasn’t for her and Jeremy’s benefit.

Jeremy’s mother runs a music charity but Jinger and Jeremy have been ‘guest stars’ rather than actually doing anything.

I can see Jeremy doing online or ‘guest’ preaching and that’s why he’d like the McCarthy backing to give him credibility. I can see him popping up on one of the right wing news channels as ‘Christian correspondent’!

Which is okay. I’m not suited to being a pastor’s wife either, but I was able to chose to do something else with my life. Jinger either didn’t have the option or didn’t chose to take it.

• Upvote 4

And honestly why shouldn’t Jinger go out and live her life? She did nothing wrong. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 13

17 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Jeremy's mother is director for  a local music charity in Pennsylvania. It's located near Philadelphia so may have help from neighboring states. However, there is a limit of what can be done from California.

Jeremy and Jinger can get involved in local charities, but they're involvement in his mom's group makes sense.

Diana Vuolo also has three grown children, all of whom are independent. Jinger may be more involved with other things once her kids are older.

• Upvote 2

On 6/5/2022 at 11:20 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jeremy's mother is director for  a local music charity in Pennsylvania. It's located near Philadelphia so may have help from neighboring states. However, there is a limit of what can be done from California.

Jeremy and Jinger can get involved in local charities, but they're involvement in his mom's group makes sense.

Diana Vuolo also has three grown children, all of whom are independent. Jinger may be more involved with other things once her kids are older.

They also might not be very into music. Jinger played as part of the Duggar Family band, but was she ever really into it?

• Bless Your Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

They also might not be very into music. Jinger played as part of the Duggar Family band, but was she ever really into it?

The Duggars had a band? 

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggars had a band? 

I don't think they had like an official band or anything, but the kids did perform at a number of functions as a group. Cringiest being that one school they filmed at.

• Upvote 1

Jinger has posted a few videos of herself playing the piano - she is very good - obviously Jana was the ‘concert pianist’ of the family (!).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Jinger has posted a few videos of herself playing the piano - she is very good - obviously Jana was the ‘concert pianist’ of the family (!).

I heard her twin might be the "pilot'" of the family, not sure if this is true though...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Per IG Jinger got her first pair of custom sneakers.

And she is shilling meat products to pay for them. At least one of this couple realises you’re supposed to earn some money to keep your family.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I don't think they had like an official band or anything, but the kids did perform at a number of functions as a group. Cringiest being that one school they filmed at.

I still wonder why a public school would invite them to perform. They have nothing to offer but their religion and public schools are supposed to be free from religious endorsement. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I still wonder why a public school would invite them to perform. They have nothing to offer but their religion and public schools are supposed to be free from religious endorsement. 

As I recall, they had just published their first book, and Michelle was talking with the teacher about encouraging reading and writing. She didn’t bring JB or all of the kids. I think the older girls played their violins, but it wasn’t a “Duggar Family Band” type of thing. They could have visited public schools more than once, but I only recall that one visit from the show.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

As I recall, they had just published their first book, and Michelle was talking with the teacher about encouraging reading and writing. She didn’t bring JB or all of the kids. I think the older girls played their violins, but it wasn’t a “Duggar Family Band” type of thing. They could have visited public schools more than once, but I only recall that one visit from the show.

I remember that episode vividly as it was the first 19KAC one I really watched in depth.  It was a local elementary school and the kids sat on the auditorium floor while the girls played the violins on the stage.  If I recall correctly, it was construed as a musical assembly so the kids could hear some live violin from people in the area.  Nothing wrong with that.  Schools are usually happy to host local talented people for assemblies.  

But as I watched that episode I kept wondering if the girls on stage ever imagined themselves as being the pants and shorts wearing kids on the auditorium floor enjoying the performance and wondering how their lives would have played out if that was the case.  The kids on the floor were smiling, laughing and talking with friends and looked to me like they were enjoying themselves.   Based on the developments we have seen to date, I like to think that at least Jill at one point might have a fleeting thought of a different life as a child, and maybe that's part of the reason why she went along with her kids attending public schools-so they could have a different childhood than she had.          

• Upvote 3

I believe it was also a Christian school which would mean it wasn't a public school with the same restrictions. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/9/2022 at 1:53 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I heard her twin might be the "pilot'" of the family, not sure if this is true though...

Nah, we certainly would have heard about a pilot in the family if there were the case…..

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

Big article about John McArthur (head of Jeremy's seminary) in today's Washington Post (subscription required):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2022/06/13/southern-baptists-john-macarthur/

As Southern Baptists gather, right-wing faction sounds alarms

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Southern Baptists filled a cavernous hotel ballroom Sunday to hear a warning: Don’t cooperate or compromise with the Devil. And this week, as their huge denomination gathers for its annual meeting and to elect a new president, the urgent warning was aimed at their fellow Southern Baptists.

“You don’t advance the kingdom of God by lining up with the kingdom of Satan,” John MacArthur, a dean of conservative evangelical preaching, told the audience, referring to issues including the role of women and addressing racism. “You will never advance the kingdom of God by being popular with the world. If you think you will, you’re doing the Devil’s work. How can you negotiate with people who hate Christ, hate God, hate the Bible and hate the Gospel?”

The host of the part-prayer gathering, part-campaign rally on the first night of the Southern Baptist Convention’s annual meeting was the Conservative Baptist Network, an upstart group that some observers have compared with the MAGA wing of the Republican Party. The network was formed two years ago in response to the issues of institutional racism and sexual abuse as priorities in the nation’s largest Protestant denomination...

“Pretty soon it will be women preachers, social justice, then racism, then [critical race theory], then victimization because the world is a ball and chain, and when you’re hooked, it will take you to the bottom. They hate the truth,” MacArthur said to a crowd that flipped, through the night, between pin-drop silence and cheers of “That’s true!”

The SBC tends to reflect the state of White evangelicalism in America, and some experts said the CBN gathering at the conference and the appearance of MacArthur, whose church is not Southern Baptist, reflected the new bedfellows of this era.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 6

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Big article about John McArthur (head of Jeremy's seminary) in today's Washington Post (subscription required):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2022/06/13/southern-baptists-john-macarthur/

As Southern Baptists gather, right-wing faction sounds alarms

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Southern Baptists filled a cavernous hotel ballroom Sunday to hear a warning: Don’t cooperate or compromise with the Devil. And this week, as their huge denomination gathers for its annual meeting and to elect a new president, the urgent warning was aimed at their fellow Southern Baptists.

“You don’t advance the kingdom of God by lining up with the kingdom of Satan,” John MacArthur, a dean of conservative evangelical preaching, told the audience, referring to issues including the role of women and addressing racism. “You will never advance the kingdom of God by being popular with the world. If you think you will, you’re doing the Devil’s work. How can you negotiate with people who hate Christ, hate God, hate the Bible and hate the Gospel?”

The host of the part-prayer gathering, part-campaign rally on the first night of the Southern Baptist Convention’s annual meeting was the Conservative Baptist Network, an upstart group that some observers have compared with the MAGA wing of the Republican Party. The network was formed two years ago in response to the issues of institutional racism and sexual abuse as priorities in the nation’s largest Protestant denomination...

“Pretty soon it will be women preachers, social justice, then racism, then [critical race theory], then victimization because the world is a ball and chain, and when you’re hooked, it will take you to the bottom. They hate the truth,” MacArthur said to a crowd that flipped, through the night, between pin-drop silence and cheers of “That’s true!”

The SBC tends to reflect the state of White evangelicalism in America, and some experts said the CBN gathering at the conference and the appearance of MacArthur, whose church is not Southern Baptist, reflected the new bedfellows of this era.

Wait…the author contradicts themself in this text. Hating on women preachers, social justice, education and anti racist messaging IS THE EXACT WORK OF THE DEVIL AND THE ANTITHESIS OF THE MESSAGE OF JESUS CHRIST.

Zealots give religion of all denominations a bad name.

The truth is, if you call yourself a Christian, you treat everyone with love and respect, not just those who might believe as you do.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic