Jump to content
IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

We really don’t know. My guess is they invited all of them knowing that most don’t go these days. Not like the early days when they would take the trailer with the whole fam. I think Jinge and Jeremy were invited but didn’t go for whatever reason. Lawson was pretty close to the Duggar’s, spending every New Year’s there. 

I agree this was probably the case. I think this is pretty bold on the Vuolos’ part if this is the case. As reported Lawson was at the Vuolos’ nuptials. What are the odds that all the Duggars (and relations) would travel from SD to LA to see Jinger’s family? So declining an invite where you would get to see family and your girls would get to see aunts and uncles seems pretty bold. Kids seems to never be excluded in fundiedom. The other event must have been really important, either that, or the Vuolos really are trying to keep their names separate from the Duggar name during this unsettling time. They certainly were willing to ride and promote the Duggar relationship when it was getting them somewhere- WWJD?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perhaps Jeremy thought Gabby Barrett performing is more important because unlike Lawson and Tiffany, she has actual clout. Aside from distancing himself from the Duggar brand, it could be he's also being more cautious too. It's a Bates wedding after all. UP cancelled their show rather suddenly despite they already filmed a new season. We still don't know what happened, maybe they heard through the grapevine that the reason for the cancellation is something scandalous enough but hasn't surfaced yet. Distancing himself from the Duggar and the Bates foe the time being (and latching to a rising country star) is a wise decision if he wants to keep his (barely an) influencer status. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

 

 

 


What? Are you saying… not dating didn’t cause his heart to be guarded? He still experienced heart break?Its almost like their system doesn’t work…

It doesn't work.

Think of how crushed Zach and Nathan and Trace have been when they've parted ways.
And I'm sure Josiah was the same way.

If the Joe and Carlin thing proves to be real, they at least saved face by not publicizing it. And had Evan not sang that song about someone hurting Carlin's heart, no one  would have suspected...

The thing is, they think courtship will protect hearts. But because it's so serious, people still get really hurt.

Hmmm, shortsided, selfish thinking. Must be fundie!

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure, if you think you're gonna marry anyone you date then there must be such a deep sense of loss/failure/rejection if it doesn't work out. It's not about preserving the heart so much as the virginity. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the Vuolo's absence could also reveal estrangement within the Duggar clan. If they knew JB and Michelle would be there, for instance, or some other sibling who has privately supported Josh - maybe they would rather opt out. It could be that Jinger is working through her own story more - and maybe they are all coming to terms with their parents' failure to protect them or respond appropriately. Can you imagine working through that as an adult and sitting trapped on a boat with your fake parents gloating about another marriage? Yuck. I feel a bit panicky just thinking about it.

It might have nothing to do with Lawson or the Bates but just the cost of going to a friend's wedding wasn't worth seeing the extended family. 

I have for sure missed out on events like that because I couldn't handle seeing my abusers.

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I have for sure missed out on events like that because I couldn't handle seeing my abusers.

I haven’t seen my family in person for 10 years because of abuse

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

I think the Vuolo's absence could also reveal estrangement within the Duggar clan. If they knew JB and Michelle would be there, for instance, or some other sibling who has privately supported Josh - maybe they would rather opt out. It could be that Jinger is working through her own story more - and maybe they are all coming to terms with their parents' failure to protect them or respond appropriately. 

I think the Vuolos are playing both sides of the fence. They would like the “Free Jinger” crowd to believe that they are estranged by not showing them all together, while actually spending time with the family and asking them not to share it on social media. The pro-Duggar and anti-Duggar sides can both believe what they want to believe because there’s no evidence.

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JDuggs I agree. I really don’t see Jinger dropping her family and they had Michelle, Jana etc stay with them a few months ago. I’m sure they ask them not to post photos of them or the children in the name of privacy, at the same time it stops them being associated with the Duggar name. They are quite happy to post photos with other people.

Neither have jobs that we know of, so their ‘brand’ is what it’s all about. Of course they owe that brand to being a Duggar, but you won’t hear Jeremy admitting that.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s more estrangement/being at odds with Boob and not necessarily anyone else in the family. Similar situation with Jill…

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think it’s more estrangement/being at odds with Boob and not necessarily anyone else in the family. Similar situation with Jill…

Ive always wondered about this. J/J haven’t had traditional jobs since they’ve been married. Yes, Je. Worked at a very small, plant church for 2 years, Jinger has been an on again off again influencer, they sold caps and shirts for a couple of weeks and wrote a children’s book, but on the flip side, they bought a home in TX with a reported $100,000 cash down payment, Je has obtained a MDiv and is now getting his doctorate, which all cost money, including a mortgage payment for a couple of years. Did JB finance any of those things, and if so, did JB get aggressive with the Vuolos like he purportedly did with the Dillards? Didn’t the Vuolos buy their Laredo home at roughly the same time that the Dillards had Sam (mid 2017), and were asking JB for money? I have no idea if JB has given anyone else money, but…Joe has always had a home, same with JD, Jessa, Joy…what the heck was JB’s beef with the Dillards? Was it the Dillards’ approach and their threat of a lawsuit? Was it because Dereck JB’d JB?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the deposition stuff it sounds like Jinger makes most of the family's money via sponsored posts. She is the breadwinner. They both said that in 2020 she made most of their money, and their income was getting on for $200k. They say they got paid per episode for Counting On (sounds like it was pretty minimum wage as Derick claimed), presumably this arrangement was made after the Dillards discovered their rights.

The married girls monetising their platforms is, I think, something JB hadn't really considered - he always imagined that as the 'fixer' for the show he would control their public profiles and the TLC revenue would be 'family' money. He didn't really bank on them using that renown he gave them, for their own ends. When they started the TV specials, TV was the only real avenue to fame, and JB was in charge of all that: now being internet-famous is a thing, and he just can't control it in the same way. Once the girls started getting income via sponsored posts etc, they were in a position to challenge him for the TLC money since not only was he no longer their headship, they weren't financially dependent on him anyway. There was much less to risk. He must be spitting feathers that Jinger and possibly her sisters are making healthy 6-figure incomes and he can't claim a penny of it.

  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So Jeremy is a kept man? I am sure Jinger is paying for his continuing education. It kills me that she may use the money she makes so he can go to school, even though he has a good education already, for a potential job that won’t pay him much, if anything. It would be nice if she had the opportunity to go to school but I am sure she isn’t interested and Jeremy probably would not be happy with that happening. The brand ambassador thing isn’t going to last, they should at least use the money for the future. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Take it with a grain of salt but on Reddit there is a link to the Sun newspaper (another grain of salt) that says that in her deposition for the lawsuit pertaining to the release of records, Jinger testified she made between $100k and $200k in 2020 from Counting On and Endorsements using her social media. Jeremy allegedly testified he didn’t really make any money. 

You’d think she’d be able to more accurately pinpoint the amount. Also, if they are making closer to the higher range (or did), they should be providing for their own housing. There has to be a more needy student family…

Then again when they were selling their TX home, they attempted to sell the paint they had used at a garage sale. Most people just leave that for the new owners, for touch up and color reference purposes. These people have the grift down pat.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading between the lines of the Vs deposition. I can understand now why there was that ep were Jinger was crying talking about choosing to wear pants. 
even with all I know about the duggars I was like wtf she is a grown arse (married) women. Why does she give a fuck about what her parents say. 
Even knowing how fully emeshed she was in their bullshit, I can see now how hard they tried to push her back in and how hard it was for her to stand her ground. I understand the tears now.  All over fucking pants when they ducking hid a pedo!!! Fuck the duggar parents!  
oh and I puke thinking of Michelle breaking out her lawn mowing bikini story to jerm and jinger.
Fuck me if I had a body like hers (back then) and Jingers now. I would be mowing my lawn in a bikini too.

Well I would do it at night cause I’m a real “jinger” and would fry in the sun!  

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

So Jeremy is a kept man? I am sure Jinger is paying for his continuing education. It kills me that she may use the money she makes so he can go to school, even though he has a good education already, for a potential job that won’t pay him much, if anything. It would be nice if she had the opportunity to go to school but I am sure she isn’t interested and Jeremy probably would not be happy with that happening. The brand ambassador thing isn’t going to last, they should at least use the money for the future. 

First she worked to support JB and now Jeremy. What a horrible life.

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

From the deposition stuff it sounds like Jinger makes most of the family's money via sponsored posts. She is the breadwinner. They both said that in 2020 she made most of their money, and their income was getting on for $200k. They say they got paid per episode for Counting On (sounds like it was pretty minimum wage as Derick claimed), presumably this arrangement was made after the Dillards discovered their rights.

The married girls monetising their platforms is, I think, something JB hadn't really considered - he always imagined that as the 'fixer' for the show he would control their public profiles and the TLC revenue would be 'family' money. He didn't really bank on them using that renown he gave them, for their own ends. When they started the TV specials, TV was the only real avenue to fame, and JB was in charge of all that: now being internet-famous is a thing, and he just can't control it in the same way. Once the girls started getting income via sponsored posts etc, they were in a position to challenge him for the TLC money since not only was he no longer their headship, they weren't financially dependent on him anyway. There was much less to risk. He must be spitting feathers that Jinger and possibly her sisters are making healthy 6-figure incomes and he can't claim a penny of it.

Huh. So we’ve already established from Lawton’s dramatic betrayal posting that courtship doesn’t really guard the heart. Now we’re learning that the woman can be the main breadwinner and their relationship can still be fundie normal unhealthy? 
 

Wow, these people get nothing right 

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

First she worked to support JB and now Jeremy. What a horrible life.

All the while having to pay lip service to the fundie ideal of being a stay at home daughter/wife/mother who fulfills her god given role in the house while the man "works" to support her. 

Talk about a total mindf*ck. All the Duggar daughters were not only sold a bill of goods, they were sold a faulty & defective bill of goods. 

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Jinger is basically paying for Jeremy to go to school so he can call himself “Dr” while preaching that she and her sex aren’t fully human. 

  • Upvote 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are the depositions being discussed from the Duggar girls lawsuit against the COunty or whatever for releasing the transcripts about the molestations? Why did they have to disclose their income?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Are the depositions being discussed from the Duggar girls lawsuit against the COunty or whatever for releasing the transcripts about the molestations? Why did they have to disclose their income?

I’m guessing - but I would assume if their lawsuit is based on the unlawful disclosure causing damage - part of that damage would be “this is what I make, but I think I’d be making more if the original show hadn’t been cancelled, I hadn’t initially lost some endorsements, I’d be even more in$luenc$y if the world wasn’t told my brother molested me” 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think victim’s privacy should be protected. However, didn’t JB send 2 of his daughters onto national TV to be interviewed about the incidents? Did they make any money on that story/interview? Would the family have been less exposed if they would have just called it a family matter and that all parties involved were getting top notch counseling and professional guidance?  Part of my problem with JB is his approach is seemingly always about what is going to give him more money and control. He wanted to control the narrative AND he wanted to make money by doing it. And he was playing both sides of the story here as headship of both the perp and most of the victims. Interestingly enough, the girls are suing the county for monetary compensation (who will receive it?) at the same time JB is shelling out for lawyer’s fees to defend his perp, grown ass, not leaving and cleaving son.

If you want to know how not to parent or not to live a Godly life, follow JB’s approach!

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think victim’s privacy should be protected. However, didn’t JB send 2 of his daughters onto national TV to be interviewed about the incidents? Did they make any money on that story/interview? Would the family have been less exposed if they would have just called it a family matter and that all parties involved were getting top notch counseling and professional guidance?  Part of my problem with JB is his approach is seemingly always about what is going to give him more money and control. He wanted to control the narrative AND he wanted to make money by doing it. And he was playing both sides of the story here as headship of both the perp and most of the victims. Interestingly enough, the girls are suing the county for monetary compensation (who will receive it?) at the same time JB is shelling out for lawyer’s fees to defend his perp, grown ass, not leaving and cleaving son.

If you want to know how not to parent or not to live a Godly life, follow JB’s approach!

Derick said Jill’s participation in the MK interview was borderline coercion. Given her constant crying I do believe she didn’t want to do it. But JB being the asshole that he is wore her down by whatever means to get his way. Derick talked about JB being emotionally/verbally abusive when things don’t go his way. I wouldn’t put it pass him to have manipulated Jill. 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, interesting that he pushed that interview but "I'm not going to allow it" in the courtroom. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Yeah, interesting that he pushed that interview but "I'm not going to allow it" in the courtroom. 

I still chuckle whenever that is brought up somewhere. Imagine thinking so highly of yourself and your "position" that you sit in a courtroom and testify, under oath, that you won't allow something.                                

Unfortunately, it is clear evidence of how much he has gotten his way in the past by throwing his weight/god/name around. 

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      The Berries were born in Highland Park Hospital. We went to the 4th of July Parade every year until we moved here. I’ve been crying all day. This is horrible. We are just waiting for a list of victims to make sure none of our old friends from those days were hurt. I HATE this.
      · 1 reply
    • meep

      meep

      Already after the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, I was already NOT feeling 4th of July and felt it was ridiculous to celebrate. Now a mass shooting at a parade in a town nearby. Multiple fatalities. Everyone has to shelter in place in their homes, can't go outside, because shooter is still on the loose. Nearby towns canceling their celebrations due to public safety concerns. Wow guys, how free we are! What a great country we live in! Aren't you grateful for all this freedom?! /s
      The usa, what a fucking joke. 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah in my case he’d be even more ripped. 

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Had some bad news out of Dubuque today - 3 teenagers were killed in a one car accident where the driver had been speeding and flipped his car. 
      I feel so sorry for their families and friends now.  It also brought back painful memories for me and some of my classmates because my junior year of high school three of our classmates were killed in an accident as well.   One I had known since elementary school.
      · 1 reply
    • moodygirl86

      moodygirl86

      Hey FJers, long time. Sorry I've not posted in like forever - life just sometimes gets in the way.
      During the lockdown, I did various temporary jobs (shelf stacking in Wilko, and also working from home doing call centre type stuff, including Test and Trace) but hope to go busking soon. I need to practise my set as my guitar/singing has got a bit rusty!
      Since I last posted, I have become a cat mum! My housemate with Lilith had to move abroad and wasn't able to take her with him, so I inherited her. She'll be two in August but still looks and acts like a kitten. I love her more than life itself.

      · 4 replies
    • VooDooChild

      VooDooChild

      The colonoscopy prep drink is absolutely disgusting. 
      · 8 replies
    • SillyDillys

      SillyDillys

      Sooo. I turned down the new job, realized I've been scammed.
       
      Also today I'm 26 and drunk right now. My amazing husband took me to Chicago to a rooftop bar and I'm so glad my mom is here to babysit and I pumped enough to last her a few days
      · 3 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah looking at you Twin Cities drivers...

      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      My former JW stepdaughter has just come out as pro-choice!!!
      · 1 reply
    • petrushka

      petrushka

      With the fall of Roe v. Wade, now would be a great time to start taxing religious institutions so we can increase funding for women's and children's health and education services.  Males 18-25 still have to register for Selective Service; how about adding a DNA database to that requirement to help track down impregnators and hold them responsible for their part?
       
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.