IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

I'm in Upstate Central NY. Our housing market was always like a dream. Now it's a nightmare. We bought our move in ready (albeit outdated) 3 bedroom 1500 sq ft home in 2012 for 51K. Our house would easily go for about 120K now in the current condition. We are actually looking to move because we need a bigger home and its a disaster. Houses are so over priced and there is no inventory so they are going for about 20K over asking on average. We were going to look at a house that went on the market 2 days ago and our realtor just told us they want all offers in by dinnertime tonight. Um.... 2 days? Yeah we are over it. 

I’m in Central CT and had to pay $40k over to get my house-I researched all the sales in our town over the last 18 months to determine how high I’d have to go to get it. That was in December. Today a house in my town sold for $110k over asking. And they all go on the first day.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

I actually didn't mind this when I was house hunting last year. At least I didn't have to wait for a while after making offers to find out whether I got a house or not, especially since I would be making two or three offers a week.

When I finally did get an offer accepted (my twelfth), I found out the morning after the deadline.

The issue we’ve had is we can’t even get to see a house before the deadline half the time. Plus we like to take a moment to weight pros and cons. It’s just moving to fast for us to even get a grasp right now 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Man, don’t come to California Bay Area. The median home price in my pretty beach town is 1.5 million. At this moment there are exactly two single family homes under $1 million - one would be nice- except there was a fire and the entire interior is a shell. The other is $990,000 - and is 2 bedrooms on a small lot. A couple miles away is a 2 bedroom, 800 square foot cottage for 2.7 million. It’s stupid and should bring criminal charges. 

It's just the speed with which they all increased. Almost doubled in about a year. Tiny little old homes that would have maybe gone for 189K are now going for 400K plus? It's just insanity. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Florida in general, and specifically South Florida, has experienced sky-rocketing rent prices too. With an influx of Northeast US people moving down there amid the pandemic, rental companies realized they could charge "NYC prices" for the same apartments. A friend's STUDIO apartment in Ft. Lauderdale is $2700 and he has to move because of it going up.

Ideally, our state legislature and governor would help with rising rents and home insurance rates. Instead they are waging an all out war on Mickey Mouse.

• Upvote 9

I'm also in Florida, although not South Florida, and housing prices have gone crazy. We bought our first house in 2013 for $210,000. We sold that house in 2018 for $290,000, and it was the most that model/floorplan had ever sold for in that neighborhood. The same model down the street just sold for $485,000. Our current house, which we bought in 2018, is valued at more than double what we paid for it. I can't imagine trying to buy right now, especially for those looking for "starter" homes. We saved for years and lived on a tight budget to buy our first house. If prices had been 100-150% higher, we would have never been able to buy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

My deceased neighbor's house is on the market. We're on Long Island, and his 1200 square foot, not dormered, not renovated since sometime in the 1970s, on 5600 square feet of property, cape is listed for $750,000. There will be a bidding war just to throw more money at it to either renovate what's there or knock the whole thing down and rebuild. I hope whoever buys it keeps the lilacs that border my driveway. I love those bushes! They smell amazing. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

Were the Vuolos at Lawson's wedding?

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

21 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Were the Vuolos at Lawson's wedding?

I haven’t spotted them in any pictures - I thought they would go as it’s in California, but the presence of massed ranks of Duggars may have put them (Jeremy) off.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:14 PM, AnywhereButHere said:

My deceased neighbor's house is on the market. We're on Long Island, and his 1200 square foot, not dormered, not renovated since sometime in the 1970s, on 5600 square feet of property, cape is listed for $750,000. There will be a bidding war just to throw more money at it to either renovate what's there or knock the whole thing down and rebuild. I hope whoever buys it keeps the lilacs that border my driveway. I love those bushes! They smell amazing. 

My lilac bush came back this year (after Hubs & the Shortstack helpfully "trimmed" it last year). And I luuuuurve it. 

• Upvote 2

Wasn't Lawson acting mopey and dramatic on social media when Jinjer got married? Maybe there wasn't an invite. 

• Upvote 1

It’s weird that they didn’t go since so many of there relatives did. You would think they would want to see some family that is so close. Maybe the Duggars stopped by their house after the wedding. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s weird that they didn’t go since so many of there relatives did. You would think they would want to see some family that is so close. Maybe the Duggars stopped by their house after the wedding. 

I would hope that the Duggars did make a visit to the Vuolos. I suppose it all depends if either J or J did anything to piss off JB-

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, displayname said:

Wasn't Lawson acting mopey and dramatic on social media when Jinjer got married? Maybe there wasn't an invite. 

There was a rumor that Lawson and Jinger were slated to be put together at one point. Like one of them had a crush or interest, but it wasn't returned. This might just confirm OR not. I mean, I gave up with theories and them at this point.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

There was a rumor that Lawson and Jinger were slated to be put together at one point. Like one of them had a crush or interest, but it wasn't returned. This might just confirm OR not. I mean, I gave up with theories and them at this point.

A big deal was made when they were spotted together at a college football game in TN. There were a few other family members there as well, but I remember the ISB in full throttle because Lawson and Jinger sat next to one another.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, displayname said:

He was dramatically subtweeting about betrayal during the ceremony, lol.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

I think Jeremy is putting distance between him and the Duggar brand - despite using it as a catapult to his z list status and comfortable life.

If just a few Duggar siblings had gone, I think he and Jinger would have gone- it was covered by People after all. However, the presence of JB, with Josh’s sentence hearing just a couple of weeks away, would mean the danger of a photo of them with JB circulating at a time the Duggar name is dragged through the mud. The Vuolos have a new book coming out in August. They went to LA county fair with their fellow micro celebrity friend Cade Foehner.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Cade's wife, rising country star Gabby Barrett, preformed at the fair. Jer posted a pic of the four of them.

Edited by marmalade
Cade, not Jase, autocorrect!

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Cade's wife, rising country star Gabby Barrett, preformed at the fair. Jer posted a pic of the four of them.

Ah, rising country star Gabby trumps ‘aspiring’ country star Lawson.

• Haha 19

On 5/16/2022 at 4:44 PM, displayname said:

22 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

16 hours ago, marmalade said:

A big deal was made when they were spotted together at a college football game in TN. There were a few other family members there as well, but I remember the ISB in full throttle because Lawson and Jinger sat next to one another.

16 hours ago, indianabones said:

He was dramatically subtweeting about betrayal during the ceremony, lol.

What? Are you saying… not dating didn’t cause his heart to be guarded? He still experienced heart break?Its almost like their system doesn’t work…

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10

She could have married a smarmy douche and lived in Tennessee. Instead she married a smarmy douche and lives in California. *shrug*

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 11

20 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

She could have married a smarmy douche and lived in Tennessee. Instead she married a smarmy douche and lives in California. *shrug*

Exactly. Now that we know her type is smarmy douche, the Lawson thing seems slightly more believable. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 7

They might have also just invited close friends /family and not the entire Duggar tribe and all their spouses and children. With being close to all these big fundamentalist families, let alone the mega huge Duggars, and his own 18 siblings - and having a big network of friends - they would have to put some limits on somewhere. Especially at a venue that won’t seat thousands, and having a plated sit-down dinner. 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

They might have also just invited close friends /family and not the entire Duggar tribe and all their spouses and children. With being close to all these big fundamentalist families, let alone the mega huge Duggars, and his own 18 siblings - and having a big network of friends - they would have to put some limits on somewhere. Especially at a venue that won’t seat thousands, and having a plated sit-down dinner. 

Wait…so they invited Jer and Hannah and Joy and Austin and Jana, but didn’t invite Jinger and Jeremy who live 2 hours away from the venue? Is 30 YO Lawson a known close friend of Jeremiah? We do know that at one time Lawson and Jinger were in the same Dugates cohort. If Jinger was intentionally let off the list of invitees, I’d say maybe the rumors of  Lawson/ at one time being special friends might be true.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wait…so they invited Jer and Hannah and Joy and Austin and Jana, but didn’t invite Jinger and Jeremy who live 2 hours away from the venue? Is 20 YO Lawson a known close friend of Jeremiah? We do know that at one time Lawson and Jinger were in the same Dugates cohort. If Jinger was intentionally let off the list of invitees, I’d say maybe the rumors of  Lawson/ at one time being special friends might be true.

We really don’t know. My guess is they invited all of them knowing that most don’t go these days. Not like the early days when they would take the trailer with the whole fam. I think Jinge and Jeremy were invited but didn’t go for whatever reason. Lawson was pretty close to the Duggar’s, spending every New Year’s there. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Wait…so they invited Jer and Hannah and Joy and Austin and Jana, but didn’t invite Jinger and Jeremy who live 2 hours away from the venue? Is 30 YO Lawson a known close friend of Jeremiah? We do know that at one time Lawson and Jinger were in the same Dugates cohort. If Jinger was intentionally let off the list of invitees, I’d say maybe the rumors of  Lawson/ at one time being special friends might be true.

I have no idea about the individual friendships / work relationships of the Duggar and Bates offspring and their spouses. I’m just suggesting that with so many of the kids now adults, with their own spouses and children, and with knowing so many other big families — if you want a fancy wedding at some point you need to draw some lines. I think the first few weddings were easier for all of them — most of the kids were still kids, held at a mega church, with a simple cake and punch reception. Even for regular people  from more normal sized families wedding guest lists can be hard. If you invite this co-worker, what about that one? Do you invite ALL your aunts / uncles / cousins? If you leave some out because of space will the others be hurt? Or will they not care because you barely see them? 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic