IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

29 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I still chuckle whenever that is brought up somewhere. Imagine thinking so highly of yourself and your "position" that you sit in a courtroom and testify, under oath, that you won't allow something.                                

Unfortunately, it is clear evidence of how much he has gotten his way in the past by throwing his weight/god/name around. 

I recall an anecdote about JB showing up to a house he didn’t own and asking the renters if he could put a political campaign sign on their front yard. The renters declined and Mr. Nice disappeared with the true JB telling them he knew the owner of the house and would speak to him. He got away with way too much. I hope if he ever runs for office the judge’s words about his testimony are plastered on every billboard available. Time for donkey face to be put in his place.

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 3

5 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Yeah, interesting that he pushed that interview but "I'm not going to allow it" in the courtroom. 

Hopefully the next time Jill and Derrick stand up to Jim Bob they say some version of “I’m not going to allow it.”

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Their income is being discussed because they think the Josh scandal made them loose sponsors or Instagram paid partnership, and so loss of income.

Which I get. The Duggars girls were victims and they have a right to privacy.

But part of me wonders if the Josh scandal is the sole reason for them losing paid partnerships on social media. I know that some companies have backed down and dropped them when they were informed of the Duggars (I include the in-laws, Vuolos, and others) anti-LGBTQ or anti-choice opinions. I guess some brands wouldn not have a problem associating with someone who has been a victim of sexual assault. The person isn't to blame in this situation and has the right to rebuilt his/her life. But maybe a brand doesn't want to associate with hateful values and cult-like ideas. It seems they aren't able to really do any introspection on that subject.

• Upvote 10
  • Confused 1

Their loss of sponsorships had nothing to do with their status of being a victim of CSA. They were reported for their bigotry. I don't know a single soul who reported them as being tainted by CSA, therefore they had to be dropped.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 12

If there has been pushback to a Duggar getting paid to promote stuff, it is because they ride on the brand and image of the Duggar name which is anti LBGT, anti choice and in the case of Josh,Anna & the parents minimising CSA.

With Josh’s victims it is more complex -they are entitled to treat their abuse how they wish but they don’t get a pass for wanting to profit from being associated with hateful views.

I hope this puts an end to the humpers who bleat how hard working the kids are and how they all have jobs. Jeremy relies on Jinger for his lifestyle- I imagine the situation is similar for Jessa and Jill- although Derick now has the potential to earn a decent living. Only this week Jessa has been shilling the hairbrush again, whatever the fantasy they portray, their husbands do not earn enough to support their lifestyle. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Ironically about that hairbrush, it's been recalled. Jessa was promoting a different brush but showed off the defective one she previously shilled. 

I don't know how to report that, since the company obviously doesn't GAF.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Ironically about that hairbrush, it's been recalled. Jessa was promoting a different brush but showed off the defective one she previously shilled. 

I don't know how to report that, since the company obviously doesn't GAF.

oh the irony makes me cackle in disbelief of my disbelief 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremy’s latest instastory is from a summer skateboard school. He doesn’t really try to appear to be anything other than a freeloading moocher, does he?

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 7

He's like the former college student who never really got over that the frat life is over.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Jeremy’s latest instastory is from a summer skateboard school. He doesn’t really try to appear to be anything other than a freeloading moocher, does he?

I give the guy a break here. He just finished his master’s degree so if he wants to blow off steam by doing something frivolous I’m okay with it. 

• Upvote 1

There are very limited options for classes during the summer at the seminary.  His assigned "job" is probably not full time so at least he's moving and not sitting around playing video games.  Although he could probably get a real part-time job, but it doesn't seem they need they need the money.

• Upvote 6

How privileged to be a 35 YO, with a very light work resume, married to a barely educated woman also with very few marketable skills and  responsible for 2 minor children , who seemingly doesn’t need either a job or money. Relatable? Not so much- Godly? Who knows. Rufus bless. 

• Upvote 28
  • Rufus Bless 4

35 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

There are very limited options for classes during the summer at the seminary.  His assigned "job" is probably not full time so at least he's moving and not sitting around playing video games.  Although he could probably get a real part-time job, but it doesn't seem they need they need the money.

Or he could volunteer. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 9

I’ve always been of the thought that many of the diehard Duggar and Bates supporters were people of spotty and or limited means living vicariously through these folks.

God has shined upon both Ben who is now a Pastor (still have not found any evidence that he is the assigned or called PASTOR of a church), and Jeremy, who is so smart and Godly that he is working on his doctorate. And all kidding aside, I do hope these people are all successful because the last thing the US or world needs is more people reproducing for Jesus without adequate means to support and nurture a gaggle of children.

• Upvote 5

On 6/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, SassyPants said:

How privileged to be a 35 YO, with a very light work resume, married to a barely educated woman also with very few marketable skills and  responsible for 2 minor children , who seemingly doesn’t need either a job or money. Relatable? Not so much- Godly? Who knows. Rufus bless. 

Don't forget, you're waiting for your second book to drop, a picture book--while this will be your undereducated wife's third book.
Maybe take some time and write, LOL... 

Kidding, I don't want to hear what his crappy beliefs say about skateboarding OR sneaker collecting. LOL

• Upvote 5

I still think Jeremy is holding out for a position at the McCarthy Seminary - it would give him an air of religious gravitas while allowing plenty of time for freeloading.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

13 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I still think Jeremy is holding out for a position at the McCarthy Seminary - it would give him an air of religious gravitas while allowing plenty of time for freeloading.

Yep, I can totally see him getting his PhD and then ‘teaching’ the rest of his career. He’s too self-absorbed to do the actual work of leading a congregation. 

• Upvote 12

Oh JB, 1 SIL a JD and another working on his PhD, that reality has to hurt. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yep, I can totally see him getting his PhD and then ‘teaching’ the rest of his career. He’s too self-absorbed to do the actual work of leading a congregation. 

I can't see Jeremy teaching. Too time consuming. He wants the easy way out. Writing one sermon vs. being in a classroom 5 days a week? He'd choose the former.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

On 6/1/2022 at 11:45 PM, Knight of Ni said:

He's like the former college student who never really got over that the frat life is over.

Is Jeremy the fundie Stifler?? 😂😂😂😂😂 I crack myself up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I can't see Jeremy teaching. Too time consuming. He wants the easy way out. Writing one sermon vs. being in a classroom 5 days a week? He'd choose the former.

Professors don't necessarily teach 5 days a week and his parish might expect him to do other things beside sermon writing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Professors don't necessarily teach 5 days a week and his parish might expect him to do other things beside sermon writing. 

If he teaches multiple subjects he could work 5 days a week. Plus, I get the impression that the classes at the Master's Seminary are an hour long, 5 days a week. Jeremy's classes were all in the morning 

• Confused 1

Many churches have Wednesday night sermons as well. Plus overseeing church employees, balancing the church budget, checking in on children's and youth ministries. Throw in weddings, funerals, and visits to hospitals, etc, yeah I don't see Jeremy signing up for that. If Jeremy had a little more preaching talent and focus, I could see him trying to preach on You Tube. Given that we don't see any 5 minute devotionals from him on social media, I think he has very little talent or desire to be a pastor. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Okay, so being a pastor is also too much work. Will be just be a Johnny Mac groupie until the guy shuffles off this mortal coil? IOW, do pretty much what he does now, minus going to class?

• Upvote 2

I still say Jeremy wants to be professor. His role model is probably Jack Hughes, who has is alumnus of Masters seminary and preaches and teaches. 

Jack also has this study in house to write and preach from. Jeremy is probably coveting the study.

If you keep reading on Twitter, Hughes says he modeled on Charles Dickens' study, and a lot of his books are digital. There's a hatchet in the corner. He was given both the hatchet and the sword from religious conferences he went to.  

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic