IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, medimus said:

Grace community church is opening a school in September, seems to be a hybrid a few days at school and a few days homelearning every week, I presume she will end up there. There's also a Village Christian school, for no homeschooling but much more expensive.

I can see them going for that - Jeremy won’t want his daughters being educated solely by Jinger but I doubt they can afford the sort of private school he thinks is suitable. I’m afraid to say if they have a son, he will probably go to a private school, but they will try and grift a discount.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

I can see them going for that - Jeremy won’t want his daughters being educated solely by Jinger but I doubt they can afford the sort of private school he thinks is suitable. I’m afraid to say if they have a son, he will probably go to a private school, but they will try and grift a discount.

I presume they will grift a discount even if they go for the Grace community one, what with him being a student there.

• Upvote 5

Grace Community Church has had a school for decades, since the 1980s at least. I know people who have both attended and worked there. Village Christian School is also long established and going there has a certain desirable status attached to it in local circles. The popularity of homeschooling in MacArthur's church has moved with its popularity in Christian culture. 

What I think is changing are private schools trying to provide more options to include homeschoolers or people who are pulling their kids from public school because of masks, vaccines, and CRT. Hence the rise in part time attendance options catering to homeschoolers. Our local "classical" private school has been touting their 2 day a week option which includes chapel and English. Never mind that most homeschoolers should send their kids elsewhere to learn math and science (not that they teach accurate science). 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, medimus said:

Grace community church is opening a school in September, seems to be a hybrid a few days at school and a few days homelearning every week, I presume she will end up there. There's also a Village Christian school, for no homeschooling but much more expensive.

They could apply for scholarships/financial aid. 

On 5/5/2022 at 11:27 PM, Dominionatrix said:

What I want to know is if they are still going to have free luxe housing. Rent is a massive living expense, especially in LA. Having a free house (not just housing, but a full house) is so unusual that they truly have no concept of what it’s like to live there under normal circumstances. It’s likely to be a rude awakening if they try living in the area without that free house. 

I’m in Pennsylvania in a midsized city. Rent here is out of control right now. $700-$800 just to start at the bottom a month for a basic one bedroom in a place where median income is $40K year. If you want a condo or townhouse it’s easily $1300 a month. Houses are also insanely expensive too. So being further ahead buying isn’t an option. It’s a “car” city too with no good reliable public transit. So yeah, finding housing in LA where paying to be in the big city comes with a huge cost of living increase it will be a shock to their system if they have to pay for it. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SunnySide said:

I’m in Pennsylvania in a midsized city. Rent here is out of control right now. $700-$800 just to start at the bottom a month for a basic one bedroom in a place where median income is $40K year. If you want a condo or townhouse it’s easily $1300 a month. Houses are also insanely expensive too. So being further ahead buying isn’t an option. It’s a “car” city too with no good reliable public transit. So yeah, finding housing in LA where paying to be in the big city comes with a huge cost of living increase it will be a shock to their system if they have to pay for it. 

I’m in the outskirts of Boston, at a hair under $2k my 1 bedroom apartment is a steal.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

I’m not sure which part of LA they live in. Many folks consider anything from Ventura to Orange County LA. If they are anywhere near the tony, trendy areas, rents would be exorbitant and clearly out of their reach. If they are far North or East, housing would be less expensive. I am sure neither of them has every paid high rent. Clearly their free digs are higher end, but again, location matters. I bet they’ve negotiated to stay right where they are. Grifters have zero shame.

• Upvote 4

On 3/23/2022 at 6:54 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

My abusive relationship started out similarly. He even dressed me and I still wear some of the clothes and bras he picked out (I’m barely scraping by so I can’t buy a bunch of new ones). I remember being forbidden to wear animal prints since he didn’t like them. 

On 3/24/2022 at 6:30 AM, Jrodseyeliner said:

Well I hope that you buy and wear some fabulous animal prints when you can. 🥰🥰😆😆

I know it’s thread drift; I found out I’m winning an award in a few weeks. I bought myself an awesome pair of snake skin shoes to wear. I feel amazing in those shoes and even better because I can wear them.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 24

Jeremy steppin out without Jinger....

Jeremy Vuolo spotted at hot LA event without Jinger Duggar as the two embrace the 'Hollywood' life (monstersandcritics.com)

"An insider also spoke with the publication about the event and Jeremy’s attendance, saying, “It was a shock to see him there as it was full of young influencers, YouTubers, and those in the fashion circles in LA, it’s certainly a very different scene than he’s used to.”

They continued, “He was dressed casually and wearing sneakers, he didn’t appear out of place and seemed to be enjoying himself as he made the most of the event.”

Jinger Duggar Vuolo's Husband Jeremy Is Raising Eyebrows After Attending An LA Party (msn.com)

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’m in the outskirts of Boston, at a hair under $2k my 1 bedroom apartment is a steal.

Yep, my son and his girlfriend are in central MA and will be paying $1750/mo for their 1 bedroom apartment when their lease renews in June.  The rent was jacked up $300/mo.  However, rent includes heat and hot water, so people have told me that even with the increase, their rent really isn't that bad compared to what others pay for same.    

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Yep, my son and his girlfriend are in central MA and will be paying $1750/mo for their 1 bedroom apartment when their lease renews in June.  The rent was jacked up $300/mo.  However, rent includes heat and hot water, so people have told me that even with the increase, their rent really isn't that bad compared to what others pay for same.    

Yeah that sounds reasonable for the area, which is not reasonable at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 5/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know someone who is a perpetual student. However I don’t really think he’s hurting anyone. He’s spending his own money and he doesn’t have any kids. But Jeremy has 2 children and I wife that’s not allowed to work outside the home. So how is he able to support his family? I thought fundies raised their penis having children to be providers so their daughters can be SAHMs. 

My cousin was a perpetual student. He was at college for 7 years. My aunt and uncle supported him the whole time (paid for his apartment, his car, had a joint credit card with him). When he finally graduated he still didn’t work and my aunt and uncle still supported him. Then my uncle got sick and passed. My cousin is now mid 40s and never had a job. He lives with my aunt who is retired and working 2 jobs to support him. In this case, they did him no favors by supporting him. I feel like Jeremy could take this path

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3

Housing market woes: we sold a house in a very down market and it sucked so bad. But we also bought a house in that same market and that means our current house has doubled it’s worth. I really wish housing prices were more steady. Because the market going down like it did back in 2008 sucked horribly for a lot of people. And now a crazy high market today is also sucking horribly for a lot of people. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Housing market woes: we sold a house in a very down market and it sucked so bad. But we also bought a house in that same market and that means our current house has doubled it’s worth. I really wish housing prices were more steady. Because the market going down like it did back in 2008 sucked horribly for a lot of people. And now a crazy high market today is also sucking horribly for a lot of people. 

I’d rather be in a down market (and Ive been in both). Buying in a high, frantic market leaves little time for true reflection and evaluation pre purchase.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Just now, SassyPants said:

I’d rather be in a down market (and Ive been in both). Buying in a high, frantic market leaves little time for true reflection and evaluation pre purchase.

It just sucked because we sold our old house for less than we bought it. After it sat on the market forever. Ugh.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, SunnySide said:

Also in PA...it's complete insanity! A 2 bed, 1 bath house that would have been 700 or 800 a couple years ago is going for no less than about 1500 now. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Average cost for a 1 bedroom apartment in my area is $1,900 usd.

My place is finally worth more than what I bought it for. It would make sense to sell except I can't afford any other place to live. Crazy housing market.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I'm paying just under 1400 usd for a 625 sqft run down 1br apartment. A nice one starts at 1600. I live in the Metro Denver CO area. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

My place is finally worth more than what I bought it for. It would make sense to sell except I can't afford any other place to live. Crazy housing market.

This blows my mind over here. I'm in SW Ontario - and the house next door that a few years ago BARELY went for 500K (like - sat on the market for months and had its priced lowered a few times) - easily went for well over 800K two years later. I'm SURE we could double our money here but - where would we GO? We can't afford prices double this... 

(our neighbors house has a beautiful backyard if you would like to ONLY have a pool and pool house in it - the have one TINY strip of grass in the backyard - that's it. And bottom line - you're still in a pretty normal neighborhood- not one with estate sized lots.)

And I just checked a TINY little house that's for sale near my husbands shop. It's a TINY little house - if it has three bedrooms, I'd be surprised. Built in 1960, on almost a half acre of land - but surrounded by a construction shop, a trucking yard and a lot of farm land - and their asking price is something like $450K. It's INSANE. And they'll probably get way more than that. I don't know how anyone buys a house now - when something I'd consider a starter home (tiny little bungalow) is that pricey. It's an adorable little house and would be a great starter home - but... 

• Upvote 1

I live in the San Fransisco Bay area and average rent for a 1 bedroom is about $2,700 apparently. Which actually sounds low to me, pretty sure it was closer to $3000 pre-covid. And a house worth 450k? Not happening.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Not necessarily news but I was scrolling through titles on HBOmax and realized that Jeremy’s brother co-directed a film about a trans Cuban immigrant. I haven’t watched it but looks like Jerm is the only blatant homophobe/transphobe among his siblings.B7A7EB3B-D37A-4850-AA45-D0A983FCA3C2.thumb.jpeg.0584f3e1b57fc79c0e7bcf9d64a7e55e.jpeg

• Thank You 5

4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I live in the San Fransisco Bay area and average rent for a 1 bedroom is about $2,700 apparently. Which actually sounds low to me, pretty sure it was closer to $3000 pre-covid. And a house worth 450k? Not happening.

Yep. I’m in Monterey and my son and his GF both were living in Santa Cruz and each paying around 3,000/month. My son’s place was a 1 BR, tiny, brand new condo, and his Gf was in a 2BR duplex with a small yard in a less desirable part of town. Since they have a dog, they ditched his place and are now living in the duplex. They’d like to buy, but dumps meant for tear downs go for a million here. It is crazy and unsustainable.

• Upvote 2

I'm in Upstate Central NY. Our housing market was always like a dream. Now it's a nightmare. We bought our move in ready (albeit outdated) 3 bedroom 1500 sq ft home in 2012 for 51K. Our house would easily go for about 120K now in the current condition. We are actually looking to move because we need a bigger home and its a disaster. Houses are so over priced and there is no inventory so they are going for about 20K over asking on average. We were going to look at a house that went on the market 2 days ago and our realtor just told us they want all offers in by dinnertime tonight. Um.... 2 days? Yeah we are over it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

We were going to look at a house that went on the market 2 days ago and our realtor just told us they want all offers in by dinnertime tonight. Um.... 2 days? Yeah we are over it. 

I actually didn't mind this when I was house hunting last year. At least I didn't have to wait for a while after making offers to find out whether I got a house or not, especially since I would be making two or three offers a week.

When I finally did get an offer accepted (my twelfth), I found out the morning after the deadline.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:38 AM, Meggo said:

This blows my mind over here. I'm in SW Ontario - and the house next door that a few years ago BARELY went for 500K (like - sat on the market for months and had its priced lowered a few times) - easily went for well over 800K two years later. I'm SURE we could double our money here but - where would we GO? We can't afford prices double this... 

(our neighbors house has a beautiful backyard if you would like to ONLY have a pool and pool house in it - the have one TINY strip of grass in the backyard - that's it. And bottom line - you're still in a pretty normal neighborhood- not one with estate sized lots.)

And I just checked a TINY little house that's for sale near my husbands shop. It's a TINY little house - if it has three bedrooms, I'd be surprised. Built in 1960, on almost a half acre of land - but surrounded by a construction shop, a trucking yard and a lot of farm land - and their asking price is something like $450K. It's INSANE. And they'll probably get way more than that. I don't know how anyone buys a house now - when something I'd consider a starter home (tiny little bungalow) is that pricey. It's an adorable little house and would be a great starter home - but... 

Man, don’t come to California Bay Area. The median home price in my pretty beach town is 1.5 million. At this moment there are exactly two single family homes under $1 million - one would be nice- except there was a fire and the entire interior is a shell. The other is $990,000 - and is 2 bedrooms on a small lot. A couple miles away is a 2 bedroom, 800 square foot cottage for 2.7 million. It’s stupid and should bring criminal charges. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic