IGNORED

Jana Duggar 12: Will She or Won't She?

nelliebelle1197

21 hours ago, Idlewild said:

If she’s getting married I can see Jana getting married in October - nice autism colours and well before Josh’s trial so not on everyone’s mind. I wonder if Josh will get day release from the Rebers to attend? Or the new baby could have arrived by then.

For Jana’s sake, I hope whenever the (possible) wedding is, Josh isn’t released to attend. (Can’t imagine why he would be.  I could see it for the birth of his own child or a funeral, but not for anything else.)

In any case, Jana doesn’t need her wedding overshadowed by Josh’s possible presence.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I don't whether Jana wanted a private non-televised wedding or not. It's hard to say. She has a public Instagram. Yes she's quieter and more private, but she seems to want to be the next Joanna Gaines. 

Even private people sometimes want big weddings.  For a lot of people, a wedding is the most public time of their life.  I am well-aware that many people want smaller, more-intimate weddings, but not everyone does. Some of what you want for your wedding has to do with background, culture, etc. 

Maybe Jana wants a big wedding that's filmed and maybe Jana wants a smaller wedding, but I don't think anyone could guess just from the posts. I know they're keeping the relationship a secret, but that could have more to do with publicity for the announcements. 

Anyway, I hope Jana is getting married because she wants to and is happy with her wedding.  I think they'll probably have at least 5 or more children. 

• Upvote 12

17 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I meant autumn colours not autism- not sure how auto correct worked that out! 

The auto-correct is somewhat dyslexic. ??

[Edited to add that I am mildly dyslexic myself — Really have had to work on it all my life since before I was diagnosed.  So no offense was meant.  The “autocorrect is dyslexic” describes the autocorrect problem fairly well, I think.]

Edited by EmCatlyn
Clarify
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

For Jana’s sake, I hope whenever the (possible) wedding is, Josh isn’t released to attend. (Can’t imagine why he would be.  I could see it for the birth of his own child or a funeral, but not for anything else.)

In any case, Jana doesn’t need her wedding overshadowed by Josh’s possible presence.  

Even if he was “released” to attend he couldn’t be around all the minors at the wedding anyway. Stay home Pig.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

In my opinion, if someone has to stay and babysit Josh while everyone is at the wedding, it should be Anna. And her kids can go and have fun at a wedding. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Maybe they’re waiting until Josh is convicted/sentenced, then it isn’t even an option for Josh to request permission to attend the wedding. It’s very likely Josh will either negotiate a plea deal or get convicted by a jury. Right now, there is too much unknown and a risk that any public statement from any Duggar will influence the outcome of Josh’s case. If Jana puts off the wedding until Josh’s situation is definite, then it makes it much easier to give a concise statement about truth/justice/disappointment with regard to Josh, then move on entirely.

• Upvote 1

Based on leaked information I think the wedding will go on in October regardless of the oldest Duggar son's status.  Maybe the rest of the family (ie. JB) is realizing that his oldest is in a deep shit ton of trouble and Meech is telling him to let Jana move ahead with her life.  And I hope/think the oldest will not be released from jail to attend due to all the minors.  Maybe the wedding is scheduled for when baby M comes so the excuse is the parents stay home with littlest M.  Not that it ever stopped a postpartum Duggar from attending a wedding with a small newborn before, but it is a face saving explanation as to why oldest son can't be there.

Note the Hollywood Gossip picked up on the story. (bolding is mine)

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2021/06/jana-duggar-violates-dress-code-flashes-some-thigh-on-instagram/  Favorite quote from the article: "If it happens, it'll be second biggest Duggar event of the year, just behind Josh getting sentenced to 20 years in prison."  Guessing the Hollywood Gossip wants him to get at least 20 years.  I'm good with that, as a minimum.

Time to do all the tasks I am clearly avoiding...

Edited by WiseGirl
add text
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

23 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Time to do all the tasks I am clearly avoiding...

So far today procrastination is my game plan.  None of the tasks on my list are difficult, but I have zero motivation left after washing the breakfast dishes.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

I don’t think the wedding is scheduled around Josh at all. He has zero chance of attending. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 14
  • Thank You 1

Just now, viii said:

I don’t think the wedding is scheduled around Josh at all. He has zero chance of attending. 

I think the only thing they will take into consideration is his court date. I’m sure JB and Michelle want to go so I imagine a wedding couldn’t be scheduled really close to his court date. But yeah, he can’t go to a wedding with a bunch of kids.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In my opinion, if someone has to stay and babysit Josh while everyone is at the wedding, it should be Anna. And her kids can go and have fun at a wedding. 

Why would someone have to “stay and babysit” other than the family he is staying with?  The husband of that family should stay with Josh and his wife and daughter can attend. ?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, viii said:

I think they are careful about the 'right' time to announce news. Most media savvy people are. And they will want enough distance between Jana's wedding and Josh's trial for the things to be separate in people's minds - if the wedding is at all public they will be milking its wholesomeness for all its worth, to remind everyone they're the Wholesome Duggars. They don't want the Josh optics anywhere near that.

• Upvote 6

On 7/22/2021 at 1:02 PM, LookieLoo said:

Is it just me or do they sort of resemble each other? ?

It’s just you.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:09 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is, we know the Wissmanns have been secretive since this whole thing became publicly known. 
1) they locked down their long time public blog when Jana was spotted in the Christmas video.

2) Stephen took his name off of his private Instagram after the Christmas video.

3) Chaney’s picture disappeared off of Instagram that had both Duggar Wissmann couples in it.

Basically, they are being secretive as hell. Getting rid of a Zola account after it’s found wouldn’t be surprising. 

Does anyone know if the Wissmann siblings used any kind of wedding registry? Maybe a different one than the Duggar’s use. I’m not really familiar with them, I got married when rocks were little pebbles (translation: a long time ago).

12 minutes ago, sansan said:

It’s just you.

Does anyone know if the Wissmann siblings used any kind of wedding registry? Maybe a different one than the Duggar’s use. I’m not really familiar with them, I got married when rocks were little pebbles (translation: a long time ago).

The last Wissmann to get married was in 2017. I don’t know if Zola was as popular back then. But they may have had a registry but I honestly can’t remember. We knew the date of their wedding though. I know that. Because Matthias and Michelle got married on the same day as Chelsy and John Maxwell. And I wondered if some of their mutual fundie friends had to choose which wedding to attend. I believe the Duggars attended The Bontrager/Maxwell wedding, not the Wissmann/Kingery wedding. 

• Upvote 3

Do most of you guys think the wedding is really going to happen by November?  I definitely think that they're courting.  The 4th of July photo and picture of Stephen at the Duggars last week has convinced me they're still together.  That would make them at at least 9 months together. However, the multiple Zola registries look like it could be a troll looking for attention.  

• I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

Do most of you guys think the wedding is really going to happen by November?  I definitely think that they're courting.  The 4th of July photo and picture of Stephen at the Duggars last week has convinced me they're still together.  That would make them at at least 9 months together. However, the multiple Zola registries look like it could be a troll looking for attention.  

I think it’s a very good possibility that they get married in the next couple of months. The evidence we have indicates they’ve been together for a long time by fundie standards. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are engaged at this point, but I think all the registries we’ve seen are fake.  My guess would be that nothing is posted online about the wedding and we don’t hear about it until after. Obviously they’re trying to keep everything on the DL with no indication of that changing. 

• Upvote 7

It didn't look like she had a ring on in Jessa's video, so they're probably not engaged yet. Plus we don't know how long Wissmann relationships last, they might take longer than usual for fundies and Jana might take things slower than some people in her family, but they have definitely been together since Christmas

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

It didn't look like she had a ring on in Jessa's video, so they're probably not engaged yet. Plus we don't know how long Wissmann relationships last, they might take longer than usual for fundies and Jana might take things slower than some people in her family, but they have definitely been together since Christmas

Could you see her hand in the video? It was such a shaky video and the still going around of the two of them it looks like her left hand is in her lap 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, you can't even see her hand in the video, so that is no indicator. I do think they are engaged but they are just keeping it more low key, like Jed and Katey and I think that suits Jana and that she is perfectly happy with the private courtship and engagement. I think fall is very much Jana's season and that she would want a fall wedding, so I think October or November would make sense and would fit the timeline of them being together since at least last December.

If Jer and Hannah are still together, I suspect that they won't marry until after Jana and Stephen do, but we might get an engagement announcement after the wedding or they might follow the new trend of staying quiet until the wedding. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

With the way they are working so hard to try and hide the relationship, it wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t wear an engagement ring. 

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

With the way they are working so hard to try and hide the relationship, it wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t wear an engagement ring. 

I wondered about this too.  If she wears a ring, someone will eventually get a picture of her wearing it.  It almost seems like it would be easier to just go ahead and announce it if she gets engaged. 

4 hours ago, viii said:

Agree! They have no way of knowing when the case will actually go to trial…it can get delayed again. Not the same, but I remember reading about a case where a man’s wife had been murdered. They caught a suspect and during the years while the family waited for the case to go to trial he met another woman, fell in love, and got engaged. He was initially hesitant about moving forward too quickly with a wedding because he was afraid that it could somehow hurt his deceased wife’s case and the prosecuting attorney basically told him, you have to keep living…we’ll do everything we can to get justice, but this case can keep getting delayed. 
Not the same thing as Josh, but I don’t think any of the Duggar siblings are trying to plan their lives around him.
I *do* think the siblings are tired of having every article about them in People magazine (or wherever) including several closing paragraphs on Josh. I think those paragraphs will continue until he is sentenced and possibly for a few years after before he finally fades from public consciousness. I think his siblings are looking forward to not having their brother’s awful choices highjack every article about their own weddings, births, etc.

• Upvote 11

I hope jana finds enough courage to finally say yes!!  , the list grows , equally with age. I hope she can finally break free from being the oldest and duties within the family, she needs some peace and her own turf  finally. nobody should need that much time  , to build up courage to leap unto the unknown... we all did at one point, go jana!!

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, ven said:

I hope jana finds enough courage to finally say yes!!  , the list grows , equally with age. I hope she can finally break free from being the oldest and duties within the family, she needs some peace and her own turf  finally. nobody should need that much time  , to build up courage to leap unto the unknown... we all did at one point, go jana!!

What's makes you think she didn't have the courage to say yes? She may not have been with the person she wanted to marry before. Not everyone gets married, so we haven't all made the leap. She's a fundie; no matter what she does, so nothing really changes either way.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic