IGNORED

Jana Duggar 12: Will She or Won't She?

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Maybe they don't like Jeremy ? or JD is flying them in. I kid, I kid.

Is JD a pilot?

• Haha 24

Just now, HereticHick said:

Is JD a pilot?

If he is, it's never been mentioned. ;)

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

Jana and Stephen's courtship seems like it's lasting way longer than most fundies.  I feel like they aren't engaged yet either - just my opinion though.  I think taking time to actually get to know each other is a good thing but it's unusual to take this long in fundie land.  The Wissmanns are booked the entire month of September based on their online schedule so I don't see anything happening that month either.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My teacher friends all had summer weddings. So I’ve been to a lot of summer weddings. They all said it’s just too hard to plan a wedding during the school year. I had my wedding in the fall because it’s my favorite season. 

Mine was two weeks after school was out. It wasn’t the planning so much as teachers don’t get vacation days.  Max  paid time off per year other than sick leave is 2-3 days personal leave in most schools. I knew a few who got married during the school year. It seemed insane. They were all back at work Monday and exhausted. Some took a delayed honeymoon over a break. All of them used their paid leave for finishing up details the few days before their weddings. So not worth it. 

• Upvote 3

I honestly don’t mind summer weddings when they are mostly indoors, or in a cool area. By cool area I don’t mean rad. I went to a summer wedding in Colorado and the weather was great. It was 75 and not humid. So it was nice. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Mine was two weeks after school was out. It wasn’t the planning so much as teachers don’t get vacation days.  Max  paid time off per year other than sick leave is 2-3 days personal leave in most schools. I knew a few who got married during the school year. It seemed insane. They were all back at work Monday and exhausted. Some took a delayed honeymoon over a break. All of them used their paid leave for finishing up details the few days before their weddings. So not worth it. 

I got married last October during the school year and I can fully agree that it was crazy and Covid made it both easier and harder. It was easier because my school was fully virtual and so I recorded my lessons for the two personal leave days I was out before my wedding and the kids had to watch that and turn in their notes as their assignment and attendance. But it was so much harder because my school decided kids were coming back on hybrid the Monday after my wedding, so I went back on Monday after the wedding and had to actually be in person with my kids for the first time all year. I was absolutely dead. My kids were really understanding though. I live in the South so there was no way I was ever getting married in the summer. We honeymooned during Christmas Break so I didn’t have to take off days for that too. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I got married last October during the school year and I can fully agree that it was crazy and Covid made it both easier and harder. It was easier because my school was fully virtual and so I recorded my lessons for the two personal leave days I was out before my wedding and the kids had to watch that and turn in their notes as their assignment and attendance. But it was so much harder because my school decided kids were coming back on hybrid the Monday after my wedding, so I went back on Monday after the wedding and had to actually be in person with my kids for the first time all year. I was absolutely dead. My kids were really understanding though. I live in the South so there was no way I was ever getting married in the summer. We honeymooned during Christmas Break so I didn’t have to take off days for that too. 

We did early June (school was out right before Memorial Day that year). It felt like a time crush between ending school and the wedding. But I didn't want to wait longer because of weather. One of my teacher friends did July so she'd have more time for last minute details and a break between school and the wedding...it was 99 degrees that day. June in the Midwest is usually more comfortable. And we got lucky with a very pleasant 80 degree day. We were also planning a honeymoon right away...but then husband's workplace burnt down and he had to change jobs and had no leave. He wasn't supposed to have any time off at all but his supervisors felt bad and gave him four unpaid days around our wedding. 

We always said we'd do a nice trip as a late honeymoon someday. It's been 12 years and we still haven't. 

Oh, and fun fact: husband's employer had hired someone to set the facility on fire for insurance money. He's in jail. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I'm getting married in summer and honestly it really bummed me out at first, like I was SO SAD. It was either marry in summer or wait years because of my school schedule. Also we're still in a pandemic! But I'm trying to find the positives in it. Less likely to be gray and gloomy. More likely that family won't have trouble with their schedules and be able to make it. Better timing for a honeymoon. Etc. So I feel like I'm getting happier about it but it definitely wasn't my first choice. It's hard not to be mad at school for this. ?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

The best thing Jana can do is getting married now. 

How much fun would it be to live in this house once the scandals will break all lose with Joshly in prsion, Anna moping about the big house, her children somewhat confused as to what daddy dearest did, and no more TLC money coming in. 

Getting out by marrying someone whom she may like as a person and whom she might tolerate as someone who will have access to her body at his want be the best thing she can do. At least she gets to change her name, no longer a Duggar, she gets to move away and thus is as 'free' as a women in her fertility cult will ever be. 

• Sad 4

23 minutes ago, Sabine said:

The best thing Jana can do is getting married now. 

How much fun would it be to live in this house once the scandals will break all lose with Joshly in prsion, Anna moping about the big house, her children somewhat confused as to what daddy dearest did, and no more TLC money coming in. 

Getting out by marrying someone whom she may like as a person and whom she might tolerate as someone who will have access to her body at his want be the best thing she can do. At least she gets to change her name, no longer a Duggar, she gets to move away and thus is as 'free' as a women in her fertility cult will ever be. 

She's not getting out exactly; she's still fundie. 

Anyone fundie will still know exactly who she is, and a great many people will know who she is beyond that, so changing her name won't be a great help. 

She seems to be having fun as a single woman. It's unclear how many restrictions she has. She has her own car and can go places. One she's married she'll have children to tie her down. Even 2 kids under 3 can be limiting for people although she might have plenty of help.

Hopefully getting married is what she wants and her headship won't be too controlling.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Rachel mentioned that Alan is helping with the wedding they are attending so I’m sure it’s on his side of the family, not hers. 

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rachel mentioned that Alan is helping with the wedding they are attending so I’m sure it’s on his side of the family, not hers. 

That’s what I figured 

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, kbohn23 said:

Yep I was thinking the same thing. November seems so far off for a Duggar wedding and no way would everything be purchased already. I have no reason to think this, its just a feeling, but I think the wedding might be this saturday the 31st

I would think people would see activity of people arriving in Arkansas or departing for Wissmann territory if it is tomorrow. They would really pull a good one if nobody sees anything until they are married.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She's not getting out exactly; she's still fundie. 

Anyone fundie will still know exactly who she is, and a great many people will know who she is beyond that, so changing her name won't be a great help. 

She seems to be having fun as a single woman. It's unclear how many restrictions she has. She has her own car and can go places. One she's married she'll have children to tie her down. Even 2 kids under 3 can be limiting for people although she might have plenty of help.

Hopefully getting married is what she wants and her headship won't be too controlling.

of course she is still fundy, and yes it seems that she is happy being a fundy. But she also has no education other then that, and while she has ample education in being the Maid of her mother and father, being the nanny to all of her younger siblings and now being the nanny to many of her siblings children this will not let her out of the cult in any which way. So she either leaves her particular Duggar cult by way of marriage or she runs away (literally) and writes a tell all. 

The car, her pocket money - or pin money if you so like, are all given to her by her headship, Daddy. She literally does not even own the clothes on her back as they come out from the communal collection of frocks. 

So yeah, the best thing she can do is marry someone who is not a complete fuckwit, who is not a sexual deviant, and who may be enlightened enough to actually consider her 'human' in needs and wants. And that is the best all of the duggar girls can hope for, for the girls who married into that clan, they don't eat * if they don't breed. Simple as. 

*figuratively speaking as they have a clear hierarchy in that cult, and ranking and access to goods and services depend on good behavior as in any cult. So the women that will breed without complaining one after the other blessing will have a higher ranking then the one who does not. 

Edited by Sabine
owe and own, sounds much the same but are not.
  • Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, sansan said:

I would think people would see activity of people arriving in Arkansas or departing for Wissmann territory if it is tomorrow. They would really pull a good one if nobody sees anything until they are married.

Yes. I remember this is what gave it away for Jed's wedding. There was lot of travel, from Jeremy an Jinger, some of the Bates fam, etc. 

• Upvote 7

I got married at the very beginning of summer and it was fine, not too hot, and both the church and reception venue were beside the water which was pretty and sparkly and made for some lovely sunset photos. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding right in the middle of summer, it was 42 degrees (107F) and humid, with no air con. That was uncomfortable.

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t remember. But if someone has a pattern of doing this, that’s pretty fucked up. 

I think fake registry’s fall in the same category as fake go-fund me’s and fake rentals. If there is a way someone can scam people out of $$ online, they will. Fake rental listings are a big problem in my area - fake landlord collects deposits on rental- or even just tons of application fees - disappears. Fake go-fund me’s set up falsely in someone’s name to cover a public tragedy. People suck. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly don’t mind summer weddings when they are mostly indoors, or in a cool area. By cool area I don’t mean rad. I went to a summer wedding in Colorado and the weather was great. It was 75 and not humid. So it was nice. 

I had a summer wedding indoors (summer weather is very hot in my hometown). After dinner, we went to the garden for the drinks, as nights are fresh. But I would organise an indoor wedding at whatever season: I'm a bit control freak and I would be scared of unexpected rain/wind to ruin my day.

18 hours ago, meep said:

I'm getting married in summer and honestly it really bummed me out at first, like I was SO SAD. It was either marry in summer or wait years because of my school schedule. Also we're still in a pandemic! But I'm trying to find the positives in it. Less likely to be gray and gloomy. More likely that family won't have trouble with their schedules and be able to make it. Better timing for a honeymoon. Etc. So I feel like I'm getting happier about it but it definitely wasn't my first choice. It's hard not to be mad at school for this. ?

Meep, summer weddings are very beautiful. Mine was and I have been in several summer weddings that were a big success. Just be sure to get a cool place (indoors or outdoors). 

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 3

I was recently thinking about how to do an outdoor wedding at the height of summer but to have it at nighttime. The logistics would be an absolute nightmare (photography? guests’ bedtimes? the reception?) But it would be beautiful to get married under the stars.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I had a summer wedding indoors (summer weather is very hot in my hometown). After dinner, we went to the garden for the drinks, as nights are fresh. But I would organise an indoor wedding at whatever season: I'm a bit control freak and I would be scared of unexpected rain/wind to ruin my day.

Meep, summer weddings are very beautiful. Mine was and I have been in several summer weddings that were a big success. Just be sure to get a cool place (indoors or outdoors). 

It will be outdoor ceremony, indoor reception at 5pm, so most likely very hot! But I'm going to see if we can arrange for the photographer to come at a much earlier (cooler) time for extra photos (don't mind if it costs more because this was one of our priorities) so we can have some photos where we're not sweating and my makeup isn't melting off my face! LOL. I feel like that could be a good solution. It could also give me and my fiance some extra private time on our wedding day to just enjoy everything. 

• Upvote 7

My sister recently got married outside in Las Vegas at 3pm. It was awful. I think it was 110 or so that day, very little shade. Thankfully it was just her, her new husband, their two kids, my dad, my other sister and me. So it was short a sweet  

My other sister was married in the early spring in Northern California and I was married in the same location in November. So it was beautiful weather wise. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

My sister recently got married outside in Las Vegas at 3pm. It was awful. I think it was 110 or so that day, very little shade. Thankfully it was just her, her new husband, their two kids, my dad, my other sister and me. So it was short a sweet  

My other sister was married in the early spring in Northern California and I was married in the same location in November. So it was beautiful weather wise. 

November is a truly beautiful time for a wedding in many places! I'm actually surprised it's not a more popular wedding month, especially since families tend to gather together for Thanksgiving anyways. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/31/2021 at 3:15 AM, HereticHick said:

Is JD a pilot?

I heard Jana is a concert Pianist as well. 

• Haha 7

We got married in the Midwest at the end of September which was still a crapshoot weather wise. It was a bit hot at our indoor venue (a historical house/mansion turned b&b) but I managed not to look sweaty in the photos. Until the dancing, but I go big or go home when there's a DJ involved so that's on me.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic