Jump to content
IGNORED

Jana Duggar 12: Will She or Won't She?


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

More anecdotal evidence:

My mom was number eight of twelve kids, but only the second girl after six boys in a row. So, essentially, her elder sister was in charge of those six boys, and she was expected to take care of the four youngest. My grandma did her part, too, but twelve kids are just too many for one person to handle.

Anyway, my mom hated it, and swore she’d never do that to her own kids. She wanted a maximum of four and ended up with only two for health reasons. But she definitely never wanted a huge family.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I HOPE that Jana and Stephen are in no rush to procreate and want to cherish one-on-one time with a smaller brood, I’m not ready to rule out the possibility that Jana is about to be the next Courtney Rogers making up for lost time.

  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Smee said:

While I HOPE that Jana and Stephen are in no rush to procreate and want to cherish one-on-one time with a smaller brood, I’m not ready to rule out the possibility that Jana is about to be the next Courtney Rogers making up for lost time.

Fortunately she’s older than Courtney was when she got married so it’s very unlikely she could have 11 unless she had multiple multiples. I think the most she will have is 8. But I doubt she will even have that many. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Blaming? Why would there be blame? It's not a bad decision to have a smaller family. Often it can be a responsible decision to have a smaller family.  I grew up Catholic and I disagree with the Catholic Church that bigger is better and birth control is a sin. It seems more important that the parents feel that they can handle the number of kids they have. 

That was just a word. Not an endorsement of any family size. 
I have zero kids. I don’t think you can accuse me of advocating that everyone should have 12. ?

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Blaming? Why would there be blame? It's not a bad decision to have a smaller family. Often it can be a responsible decision to have a smaller family.  I grew up Catholic and I disagree with the Catholic Church that bigger is better and birth control is a sin. It seems more important that the parents feel that they can handle the number of kids they have. 

I come from a half catholic family (Dad's side is uber-catholic).  I never understood this either. It's okay to do "natural family planning", because if God really wants you to have more kids, He'll make it happen regardless.  How is that different than birth control methods, many of which have pretty scary (to me) failure rates.  I mean, if God wants you to have more kids, can't he make that condom break or your IUD fall out?

  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, monkeyrocks71 said:

I also think it’s interesting that, of all the duggarlings, it’s the three oldest AFTER Josh who aren’t going to have more than two kids by the time they’re thirty (and I suspect everyone except jinger will have four-six at the current pace). I wonder what the difference is for those three versus the rest. 

I think it’s interesting too. My father was one of 14. 7 have 2 kids. 2 have 3. 5 have none. One aunt wanted 2 but couldn’t have any. Another aunt said she never wanted to be a mother but likes being an aunt. An aunt with 2 said there was never any encouragement for schoolwork or the future b/c my grandmother didn’t have time. My father was a disinterested father and I honestly think he had 2 b/c that’s kinda what you’re supposed to do (per society—like get married and have kids.) 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 11:49 AM, EmCatlyn said:

Why would someone have to “stay and babysit” other than the family he is staying with?  The husband of that family should stay with Josh and his wife and daughter can attend. ?

 

I don’t think the Rebers are particularly close to the Duggars. They might not even rate an invitation if the guest list does not include acquaintances doing Daddy a favor. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I don’t think the Rebers are particularly close to the Duggars. They might not even rate an invitation if the guest list does not include acquaintances doing Daddy a favor. 

They went to Jed’s wedding.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They went to Jed’s wedding.

Oh, okay. The testimony at the hearing led me to think that the families were not that close!

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t want to sound too close to the Duggars because of the charges being what they are. And they might want to sound less close so they might not be suspected of being biased by the closeness. If you are very close to the family, you may let things that aren’t allowed to slide.

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shame there's no room for more thread counts because "Jesus made my iud come out" would be a good one.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Oh, okay. The testimony at the hearing led me to think that the families were not that close!

I got the sense the kids were friends, but maybe not as  JB/Michelle and the parents. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Shame there's no room for more thread counts because "Jesus made my iud come out" would be a good one.

I have a friend who used a buddy Jesus meme to announce that she was pregnant despite getting her tubes tied. It made me laugh. 

  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t want to sound too close to the Duggars because of the charges being what they are. And they might want to sound less close so they might not be suspected of being biased by the closeness. If you are very close to the family, you may let things that aren’t allowed to slide.

Yea, but the judge would have to assume any household providing a residence for someone on house arrest is going to be close to the accused person or their family and/or being paid well - why else would someone take on such a burden? With those charges in particular, but really, it applies across the board. It’s a big disruption and responsibility.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Yea, but the judge would have to assume any household providing a residence for someone on house arrest is going to be close to the accused person or their family and/or being paid well - why else would someone take on such a burden? With those charges in particular, but really, it applies across the board. It’s a big disruption and responsibility.

I wonder how much JB would pay them. I bet it’s not enough. JB is so cheap. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So there is an Amazon registry for Jana and Stephen. Names are spelled correctly, 11/13 wedding date. 60 items, ALL have been purchased and they all look like relatively normal registry items

EE59F468-4913-449E-97D2-9C859832945F.thumb.png.aa4fd09df3dd259abe99a547afc9bf0f.png

  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

So there is an Amazon registry for Jana and Stephen. Names are spelled correctly, 11/13 wedding date. 60 items, ALL have been purchased and they all look like relatively normal registry items

EE59F468-4913-449E-97D2-9C859832945F.thumb.png.aa4fd09df3dd259abe99a547afc9bf0f.png

If that is their real registry, I bet that date is incorrect. Duggars always fudge the dates. Plus if everything is bought, I would guess the wedding would be sooner rather than later. 

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

So there is an Amazon registry for Jana and Stephen. Names are spelled correctly, 11/13 wedding date. 60 items, ALL have been purchased and they all look like relatively normal registry items

EE59F468-4913-449E-97D2-9C859832945F.thumb.png.aa4fd09df3dd259abe99a547afc9bf0f.png

Generally reasonable housewares, a book on cooking for two, outdoor games (cornhole, croquet, and bocce), and camping equipment.  If it's not a real registry, it's at least a more convincing fake than a lot of the ones seen previously.

  • Upvote 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

If that is their real registry, I bet that date is incorrect. Duggars always fudge the dates. Plus if everything is bought, I would guess the wedding would be sooner rather than later. 

Yep I was thinking the same thing. November seems so far off for a Duggar wedding and no way would everything be purchased already. I have no reason to think this, its just a feeling, but I think the wedding might be this saturday the 31st

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know on Target you can list things on a registry and then mark it as purchased yourself. The intention is so that you can track when people give you gifts without going through the registry. It can be helpful too (especially on baby registries) if you've been handed down something to claim it as "purchased" so that people who are being creative don't think "oh! they should have put X on the registry. I'll get them X because it's so essential."

Not sure if you can do that on Amazon. I do think it's likely they would be married before the end of the year based on the christmas time visit. 

It's pretty astonishing how different this Jana courtship is from what we would've expected pre Josh arrest. I'm sure there are many craven executives at TLC who are mourning all that interest they missed out on. 

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kbohn23 said:

Yep I was thinking the same thing. November seems so far off for a Duggar wedding and no way would everything be purchased already. I have no reason to think this, its just a feeling, but I think the wedding might be this saturday the 31st

 

 

Maybe because the Duggars are largely radio silent on social media right now? I don't think it's this soon, but probably sooner than later. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Maybe because the Duggars are largely radio silent on social media right now? I don't think it's this soon, but probably sooner than later. 

Maybe they just had a secret bridal shower for her and that’s why all the gifts were bought. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe they just had a secret bridal shower for her and that’s why all the gifts were bought. 

Or they’re about to, one of the wissmann sisters said she was on a road trip yesterday on her stories. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bridal shower this weekend with a late august or early September wedding is my guess. 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 5:43 PM, Tdoc72 said:

I think it’s interesting too. My father was one of 14. 7 have 2 kids. 2 have 3. 5 have none. One aunt wanted 2 but couldn’t have any. Another aunt said she never wanted to be a mother but likes being an aunt. An aunt with 2 said there was never any encouragement for schoolwork or the future b/c my grandmother didn’t have time. My father was a disinterested father and I honestly think he had 2 b/c that’s kinda what you’re supposed to do (per society—like get married and have kids.) 

My grandfather was one of 12. Extremely dysfunctional family. He was the oldest. He had two bio children and raised a third. His youngest brother (younger than him by 22 years) had six children. None of the other 10 in between had any children. Many did not marry. We lived near two of my Dad's aunts (as in walking distance) and I never saw them or even knew they were related to us until one of them died and the other called my Dad for help.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.