IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

nelliebelle1197

23 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

So everything’s going like really well. Looks like all that praying for that necessary fucking MIRACLE the sooooooooo needed paid off. The must be speshul curiousness. Chelsy’s happy bc her baby finally looks like a…….baby. I fucking kid you not. Looks are everything to her. See, this fucking bullshit is why the whole “praying for a miracle” is just a lie.

Watching you is like watching a baby smoking a cigarette - absolute terrible, someone should stop you and never let you do this again, but I kind of wanna watch you harm yourself anyway out of my own morbid curiosity. 

Anyway, it seems like you carry a lot of hurt & resentment, since it's not normal to hope for an infant's downfall. I hope you find some sort of outlet that doesn't make people loathe you and is genuinely healthy for you. It must be exhausting to be so weirdly hateful and bitter to the world at every turn. 

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1

Just now, fundieundies said:

Watching you is like watching a baby smoking a cigarette - absolute terrible, someone should stop you and never let you do this again, but I kind of wanna watch you harm yourself anyway out of my own morbid curiosity. 

Anyway, it seems like you carry a lot of hurt & resentment, since it's not normal to hope for an infant's downfall. I hope you find some sort of outlet that doesn't make people loathe you and is genuinely healthy for you. It must be exhausting to be so weirdly hateful and bitter to the world at every turn. 

That is really fucked up, to say I hope for Madelines downfall, absolutely fucked up. Also a lie, but damn, that is some scary projecting from your side. I literally said I was glad about her good birth weight….you are seriously shit stirring and I hope you get some help real fast for those projecting problems. Man you are insane…….

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 9
  • WTF 1

1 minute ago, Green bean satan said:

That is really fucked up, to say I hope for Madelines downfall, absolutely fucked up. Also a lie, but damn, that is some scary projecting from your side. I literally said I was glad about her good birth weight….you are seriously shit stirring and I hope you get some help real fast for those projecting problems. Man you are insane…….

I already took my Klonopin, I'm not fighting with a crazy unsympathetic vegetable on the internet tonight. Sorry to leave you lonely but seek help.

• Upvote 6
  • Fuck You 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, fundieundies said:

I already took my Klonopin, I'm not fighting with a crazy unsympathetic vegetable on the internet tonight. Sorry to leave you lonely but seek help.

You are literally inventing things that never said….like literally, you can check it. The whole “hoping for an infant’s downfall” is completely fabricated……

I had to look up Klonopin, bc I’m not accustomed to using drugs or being around drug users, but give the side effects the drug states, you must have taken an extra large dose before you wrote your post. I suggest some friend of yours from FJ  makes a well check on you. 

I’m glad to hear that you’re already seeking professional help, but just drugs won’t help you. I think you urgently need therapy too. Sending you hugs.

6 minutes ago, fundieundies said:

Oh and hubby and I are at breakfast now, so I’m not lonely, but you’re obviously going to bed alone….

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 6
  • Downvote 7
  • WTF 1

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

PSA for anyone wondering how to get rid of trolls...If you click on your username there's a tab named "ignored users." To add someone to the list, type  @ and then the person's username.

verging on making an idol out of the "ignore" feature. just got married so i'll run it by the headship first 

Edited by fundieundies
punctuation! that's important
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 21

Who needs a kitty picture? Encountered this one on the street the other day ?B7622A08-0F87-4FC8-B97C-A300D710CE72.thumb.jpeg.9057cc8d4afa4a1c4fc0394424a5c236.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 33

Just remember that if you put a user on Ignore, and someone else quotes their post, you can see it that way. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

This one will always look for new spots where to sleep preferably alone thank you very much ? 

The photo is from tonight I couldn't sleep and was wandering around the house waiting for sleep to find me and instead I find him 

20210726_225520.thumb.jpg.f364e8a58b5476aec07466a716d568cb.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Love 26

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Just remember that if you put a user on Ignore, and someone else quotes their post, you can see it that way. 

I think you can ignore mentions too.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

Who needs a kitty picture? Encountered this one on the street the other day ?B7622A08-0F87-4FC8-B97C-A300D710CE72.thumb.jpeg.9057cc8d4afa4a1c4fc0394424a5c236.jpeg

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

This one will always look for new spots where to sleep preferably alone thank you very much ? 

The photo is from tonight I couldn't sleep and was wandering around the house waiting for sleep to find me and instead I find him 

Very cute kitties!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

i love your tiles and your coffee machine. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I don't care what your belief or value system is..

If a tiny preemie baby is gaining weight and strength, can be removed from tubes and machines and is starting to look better that is a great sign.. I cannot fault any parent or grandparent who wants to share this news with excitement.  My last pregnancy was marked HIGH RISK from the minute that u/s wand scanned 2 babies until my post partum appointment was completed.   The most high risk part ended up being heartburn and hemorrhoids?.  I new too many people who had walked the NICU and preterm birth journey and knew that it was a very real risk and for many there is little to no advanced warning.  

For baby Madeline's sake I send up good vibes and well wishes for continued growth and maturity and that she can escape the hospital sooner than later.   

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 7

@Italiangirl Love your boy and his attitude! Did he mind that you found (and probably pet) him?

If I had my way I would probably have 5 cats so I‘m enjoying your kitty pictures! Unfortunately I live in the city and don‘t have space for two house panthers.

Edit: Don‘t feed the troll, if they don‘t get attention they will eventually leave ?

Edited by Smash!
  • I Agree 7

22 hours ago, Angelface said:

Could you please tone down your language. All the expletives are completely unnecessary. 

For the record, we are allowed to swear in posts all we want. If we weren’t I’d be long banned. 

9 hours ago, Giraffe said:

PSA for anyone wondering how to get rid of trolls...If you click on your username there's a tab named "ignored users." To add someone to the list, type  @ and then the person's username.

This is an excellent suggestion. Trolls are gonna troll friends. Don’t feed them ;)

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Smash! said:

I really like those markings. What a good looking kitty! I have a tabby that looks exactly like Arnold Maxwell. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Thanks for the troll tip. I’ve got the shit stirring [redacted] on ignore now!

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 4
  • Downvote 10

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

For me, this page starts with five sentences. All five telling me I've put *user* on ignore. 

I've put three people on ignore here at FJ and two are frolicking in the current fields.

I'd say it's funny if it weren't so pathetic. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Quick question. Do we need to start adding a trigger warning if our post contains mention of a…*whispers*…miracle? I did not realize that word could set someone off like this. 

That poster is triggered by sunshine and tulips at this point. She was once perfectly lovely. Then came the JK Rowling thread. Check it out. We (as the staff here and our good self policing membership) cannot tolerate transphobic language any more than we tolerate racist language. Instead of just accepting the disagreement and moving on, she dug in and started exploding all over the forum. I have decided as a member I am not going to allow her to keep disrupting so I guess I will be exploding all over the forum too. You know I can do it ;)

Anyone else think it is kind of hilarious that a poster who has been here a couple months is screaming about her posting history and slamming @theologygeek’s? You know, a member who has been here since I think TWOP??

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 2
  • Love 7

5 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

For me, this page starts with five sentences. All five telling me I've put *user* on ignore.

Wait, are you saying there's a weird repeating bug of some sort? Can you PM me a screenshot?

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Wait, are you saying there's a weird repeating bug of some sort? Can you PM me a screenshot?

I don't know that it's a bug. It's just a sentence saying "You've chosen to ignore content by *User* Click for options" with a drop down arrow. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

I don't know that it's a bug. It's just a sentence saying "You've chosen to ignore content by *User* Click for options" with a drop down arrow. 

Aha! Okay. I misconstrued what you said. Sorry!

• Upvote 4

There’s a wonderful scene in one of the James Herriot books when he meets his son for the first time, minutes after birth, and is absolutely *horrified* by what little baby James looks like and asks the midwife what’s wrong with him and the midwife gets up in his face and says that’s a perfectly normal, beautiful baby, but James doesn’t believe her until she shows him another just born baby and he realizes that yeah, all newborns look like that. Frankly I’m inclined to agree. All newborns look weird. They’re squished and red and wrinkly. When a baby is a few weeks old then they move to being a ‘real baby’ for me. I mean, they’re always, always beautiful from the start, but they don’t get that incredibly adorable, cute, chunky ‘baby’ look for a few weeks or months. 

I also never get the whole ‘s/he looks like great aunt Millie/their father/their grandma’ thing when the baby is mere hours old. The only relative resemblance I’ve ever seen in our family babies is my grandfather, who was also bald and wrinkly in his old age, which was how I knew him. They all look like teeny old men to me. (I say men not women because I’ve rarely known any fully bald women.)

My family’s babies stay bald until at least 1.5 years. It must be a dominant gene because every baby from my siblings and I down is late with the hair.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

There’s a wonderful scene in one of the James Herriot books when he meets his son for the first time, minutes after birth, and is absolutely *horrified* by what little baby James looks like and asks the midwife what’s wrong with him and the midwife gets up in his face and says that’s a perfectly normal, beautiful baby, but James doesn’t believe her until she shows him another just born baby and he realizes that yeah, all newborns look like that. Frankly I’m inclined to agree. All newborns look weird. They’re squished and red and wrinkly. When a baby is a few weeks old then they move to being a ‘real baby’ for me. I mean, they’re always, always beautiful from the start, but they don’t get that incredibly adorable, cute, chunky ‘baby’ look for a few weeks or months. 

I also never get the whole ‘s/he looks like great aunt Millie/their father/their grandma’ thing when the baby is mere hours old. The only relative resemblance I’ve ever seen in our family babies is my grandfather, who was also bald and wrinkly in his old age, which was how I knew him. They all look like teeny old men to me. (I say men not women because I’ve rarely known any fully bald women.)

My family’s babies stay bald until at least 1.5 years. It must be a dominant gene because every baby from my siblings and I down is late with the hair.

My niece was born looking lovely. And she’s a teenager whose never gone through an awkward phase! Some people are just born beautiful and stay beautiful. Lucky girl. My boys looked rather squished and red after they were born. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Sabine said:

i love your tiles and your coffee machine. 

That is an old lady it was a wedding gift for my parents more than 35 years ago and when you want a special coffee she is still go strong. Is a little pain to charge it but then is almost like a bar coffee

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

@Italiangirl Love your boy and his attitude! Did he mind that you found (and probably pet) him?

If I had my way I would probably have 5 cats so I‘m enjoying your kitty pictures! Unfortunately I live in the city and don‘t have space for two house panthers.

Edit: Don‘t feed the troll, if they don‘t get attention they will eventually leave ?

Naah he just got back to sleep if I don't per him too aggressively, like scratching him too much, he doesn't care, to thank him for the good laugh I gave him a piece of sausage and that was something he cared about. If there is food involved he is very happy to give up his nap ?

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Smash! said:

:sign_trolls::sign_trolls::sign_trolls:

It can't be said too often.  It's also nice for people if they aren't quoted.  It leaves less for posterity.  

Now that Dawg has passed on, I am free to look at cats.  I doubt I'll get one before I move, but I can look without guilt now.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 15

• Coconut Flan locked this topic