IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

nelliebelle1197

8 hours ago, fundieundies said:

verging on making an idol out of the "ignore" feature. just got married so i'll run it by the headship first 

It took me a really long time to start using it but once I did I fell in love!

@Coconut Flan, I felt guilty looking too! I actually got a cat after The World’s Bestest Dog passed on because I wasn’t ready for another dog but I also needed a furry buddy. I’d like to get another dog eventually but for now my cat seems content being an only child. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

The photo is from tonight

what is that machine to the right of the picture? is it a fancy coffee machine or something else? thanks 

NB if the machine is related to something personal that you'd rather not discuss - please ignore my nosiness

• Upvote 2

No problem at all @browngrlif you mean the red one next to the cat is a boiler for making tea in the winter, now it rests on the window it is way too hot ? for tea. The one under the cat is an old fancy coffee machine it has around 35 years but it still going strong when you want to use it, is just a pain to start it because you have to put water, wait till is boiling then put coffee and take down the lever very slowly but firmly. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

That is an old lady it was a wedding gift for my parents more than 35 years ago and when you want a special coffee she is still go strong. Is a little pain to charge it but then is almost like a bar coffee

?

I lived and worked in Corsica for a while and there we had this type of pressure pump for the coffee. Best coffee ever. I would love to lay my hands on a machine like yours. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

@Sabine if you ever come to Florence let me know and I may let you run the coffee machine...if you will not disturb the sleeping boy obviously ? he can get offended really fast but some food and should be ok he is not able to hold a grudge at all. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 7/27/2021 at 8:24 AM, fundieundies said:

verging on making an idol out of the "ignore" feature. just got married so i'll run it by the headship first 

I’m sorry you’re not allowed to make your own decisions. Probably in your best interest though. Sending you hugs.

• Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 4
  • Downvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

22 hours ago, Giraffe said:

It took me a really long time to start using it but once I did I fell in love!

@Coconut Flan, I felt guilty looking too! I actually got a cat after The World’s Bestest Dog passed on because I wasn’t ready for another dog but I also needed a furry buddy. I’d like to get another dog eventually but for now my cat seems content being an only child. 

When my mom called me two weeks after losing China to tell me that the ladies at the shelter had a cat whom they thought would be good for me, I was hesitant at first.  I knew I would eventually adopt again, but I honestly wasn’t sure I was ready yet.  But in the end, she needed a home, and I couldn’t say no.

And I’m glad I didn’t.

• Love 29

@smittykins,  after my daughter's longhaired white cat crossed the Bridge, the mom of her BFF told her that there was a cat at the vet clinic where she worked that was pretty much a twin of Molly.  It took my daughter a few months to take in that cat, but she did.  Our German exchange student called her Heidi as the first thing the cat did was to hide under the bed.  Our dilute calico, Bianca, was bit mystified when she met Heidi.  Where had Molly been all these months? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 5

On 7/27/2021 at 8:50 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Anyone else think it is kind of hilarious that a poster who has been here a couple months is screaming about her posting history and slamming @theologygeek’s? You know, a member who has been here since I think TWOP??

She's just a bright ray of sunshine lol  

• Move Along 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

On 7/26/2021 at 11:24 PM, fundieundies said:

I love the "ignore" feature!  

On 7/27/2021 at 6:08 AM, anachronistic said:

All newborns look weird. They’re squished and red and wrinkly. When a baby is a few weeks old then they move to being a ‘real baby’ for me. I mean, they’re always, always beautiful from the start, but they don’t get that incredibly adorable, cute, chunky ‘baby’ look for a few weeks or months. ... The only relative resemblance I’ve ever seen in our family babies is my grandfather, who was also bald and wrinkly in his old age, which was how I knew him. They all look like teeny old men to me. (I say men not women because I’ve rarely known any fully bald women.)

My family’s babies stay bald until at least 1.5 years. It must be a dominant gene because every baby from my siblings and I down is late with the hair.

I thought my son as a newborn looked somewhat like Winston Churchhill.  I still found him the most beautiful baby in the world, EVER!  LOL.  He also had only peach fuzz on his head, but unmistakable swirls indicating he would have cowlicks once his hair grew in.  

• Love 11

On 7/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, Italiangirl said:

@Sabine if you ever come to Florence let me know and I may let you run the coffee machine...if you will not disturb the sleeping boy obviously ? he can get offended really fast but some food and should be ok he is not able to hold a grudge at all. 

I am a chocolatier by trade, generally boys and girls don't mind if they get my treats. :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

In the small book that came out in the 60s How to Be a Jewish Mother,  Dan Goldstein points out that all newborns look like Churchill.  And so many of them do.  There was a newborn in the nursery, though, when my oldest was born who had so much hair that he looked like Ernest Angley.  

• Haha 12
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

In the small book that came out in the 60s How to Be a Jewish Mother,  Dan Goldstein points out that all newborns look like Churchill.  And so many of them do.  There was a newborn in the nursery, though, when my oldest was born who had so much hair that he looked like Ernest Angley.  

I still have that book!  Love it so much.  Is it the one where the only questions one needs to ask about s*x is "Who is having s*x? Why aren't they married?"

:D 

• Haha 6

Friday Night Chelsy posted an update.  She shares about getting a small apartment within walking distance of the NICU vs the hour drive away and that they have been blessed with lots of support.  Her mom HAS made a debut and stayed a few days, Alison and Malachi also came.  Everything sounds very positive.  She sounds very similar to the friends I have who have dealt with littles at home and one(or more) in the NICU.  Trying to accept the cards you have been dealt, trying to find a balance and deal with mommy guilt of not being able to do it all at once.  They have a lot of family and friends offering help and support and she is grateful ( and OH so very lucky IMHO) to have people there helping, gifting and stepping in for them. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 6

I’m not surprised at all the Allison visited but I am surprised Becky was allowed to visit. I’m sure my mom or any of my friends’ moms would have in a similar situation. But I see Becky as a very different mom. I think the Bontragers will be done with their tour in a little over a week. So hopefully the rest of the family can visit too. Chelsy pointed out that Elliot is only a few weeks away from being an Irish twin to Madeline. As if it was a good thing. I know the Bontragers spin everything to be good but damn. I really hope none of her kids are this close in age ever again due to prematurity. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Everything seems to be going great. Maybe Madeline will be sent home before due date. I hope they have common sense and not allll the members of the family hold her. They use to do it with the newborns, but Maddie will be weaker than thw other  (for a while).

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

On 7/30/2021 at 4:10 PM, EmmieJ said:

I love the "ignore" feature!  

I thought my son as a newborn looked somewhat like Winston Churchhill.  I still found him the most beautiful baby in the world, EVER!  LOL.  He also had only peach fuzz on his head, but unmistakable swirls indicating he would have cowlicks once his hair grew in.  

83EB3F1E-C6E0-4E35-B8B7-7A8188053349.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

10 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

Friday Night Chelsy posted an update.  She shares about getting a small apartment within walking distance of the NICU vs the hour drive away and that they have been blessed with lots of support.  Her mom HAS made a debut and stayed a few days, Alison and Malachi also came.  Everything sounds very positive.  She sounds very similar to the friends I have who have dealt with littles at home and one(or more) in the NICU.  Trying to accept the cards you have been dealt, trying to find a balance and deal with mommy guilt of not being able to do it all at once.  They have a lot of family and friends offering help and support and she is grateful ( and OH so very lucky IMHO) to have people there helping, gifting and stepping in for them. 

I'm really happy that both Becky and Allison were able to make a trip into see Chelsy. She probably needed them the most when Madeline wasn't doing well. The Bontragers may have abhorrent beliefs, but they do seem close knit. I wouldn't be surprised if both Allison and Becky started making arrangements to go see Chelsy shortly after Madeline was born. Having them there must've helped Chelsy feel some sort of relief and take some stress off her shoulders when they were there. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Hane said:

83EB3F1E-C6E0-4E35-B8B7-7A8188053349.jpeg

The only way to avoid the squished old man face is to have them super fast or planned c-section. My ones didn’t look like an old man, but still didn’t look beautiful to an unbiased person for a few days ?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I had my second fast and he looked a bit beat up! Like the fast birth really knocked him for a loop. But he started looking cute after some time. 

• Upvote 5

I delivered number 2 after about 2.5 hours and one push.  She looked like a c-section baby.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

Two c-sections here and they both resulted in nice round-headed babies. 
However, two weeks after my son was born, I was staring at him and blurted out “He looks like Uncle Fester.” 

741B6901-8C73-4A48-9612-E271BB6064F2.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 26

I have a three month old grandson.  I have a picture where he looks just like the guy from Princess Bride.  Inconceivable!

inconceivable.jpg

• Haha 18
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic